Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatic

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 8:03:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

http://www.independent.co.uk...

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com...

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam, are evil?

Regards
DL
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 11:41:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This complaint against someone speaking out against evil, is highly illogical. As he has not committed similar crimes, I am entirely unclear why you dislike the idea of him discouraging violence.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 3:56:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/27/2015 11:41:05 PM, Ragnar wrote:
This complaint against someone speaking out against evil, is highly illogical. As he has not committed similar crimes, I am entirely unclear why you dislike the idea of him discouraging violence.

It isn't illogical because for this pope it's yet another opportunity to belittle other religions, the implication being that he's right about his. No, he has not committed similar crimes himself, but what OP is saying is that his religion has done the exact same thing in the past, ableit far worse and on a much larger scale. He's a revolting hypocrite and he has no place condemning the same actions that, in the past, contributed to the success of his own club.

With regard to him discouraging violence, this is not entirely true: http://www.independent.co.uk...
To believe is to know nothing.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 8:27:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/27/2015 11:41:05 PM, Ragnar wrote:
This complaint against someone speaking out against evil, is highly illogical. As he has not committed similar crimes, I am entirely unclear why you dislike the idea of him discouraging violence.

I have no problem with someone discouraging violence but that is not the pope if this other quote is true and it is.

My complaint was the pot calling the kettle black without indicating that if the church has learned to not use violence earlier, it would not have done exactly what Islam is nor trying to do.

http://www.theguardian.com...

Seems your pope is a violent person who would gag any decent and ignore freedom of speech.

Christianity and Islam are immoral religions and are not worthy of respect.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 8:29:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 3:56:19 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/27/2015 11:41:05 PM, Ragnar wrote:
This complaint against someone speaking out against evil, is highly illogical. As he has not committed similar crimes, I am entirely unclear why you dislike the idea of him discouraging violence.

It isn't illogical because for this pope it's yet another opportunity to belittle other religions, the implication being that he's right about his. No, he has not committed similar crimes himself, but what OP is saying is that his religion has done the exact same thing in the past, ableit far worse and on a much larger scale. He's a revolting hypocrite and he has no place condemning the same actions that, in the past, contributed to the success of his own club.

With regard to him discouraging violence, this is not entirely true: http://www.independent.co.uk...

You express my thinking accurately. Thanks.

Regards
DL
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 8:40:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 3:56:19 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/27/2015 11:41:05 PM, Ragnar wrote:
This complaint against someone speaking out against evil, is highly illogical. As he has not committed similar crimes, I am entirely unclear why you dislike the idea of him discouraging violence.
He's a revolting hypocrite and he has no place condemning the same actions that, in the past, contributed to the success of his own club.
So no one in any country that has benefited from slavery some point in the past, should speak out against it?

With regard to him discouraging violence, this is not entirely true: http://www.independent.co.uk...
Not a comparable level of violence. One is murdering strangers in the name of religion, the other is punching his own friend for insulting his mother. That anyone thinks it's bad he's speaking out against murder in the name of religion, is laughable.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 9:27:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think it quite odd that the media would go to a past religious murdering organization for comments on a present murdering organization.

Do ye go to our jails to ask murderers about the murderers that are not in jail?

All churches and mosques do is lie to us continually about things that they say they cannot know about because of the mysterious nature of God. And the stupid keep paying them for these lies.

Regards
DL
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 11:46:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 8:40:40 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 1/28/2015 3:56:19 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/27/2015 11:41:05 PM, Ragnar wrote:
This complaint against someone speaking out against evil, is highly illogical. As he has not committed similar crimes, I am entirely unclear why you dislike the idea of him discouraging violence.
He's a revolting hypocrite and he has no place condemning the same actions that, in the past, contributed to the success of his own club.
So no one in any country that has benefited from slavery some point in the past, should speak out against it?

With regard to him discouraging violence, this is not entirely true: http://www.independent.co.uk...
Not a comparable level of violence. One is murdering strangers in the name of religion, the other is punching his own friend for insulting his mother. That anyone thinks it's bad he's speaking out against murder in the name of religion, is laughable.

I started a thread on this very topic: http://www.debate.org...

It explains why he is a hypocrite.
To believe is to know nothing.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 12:45:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/27/2015 8:03:18 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

http://www.independent.co.uk...

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com...

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam, are evil?

Regards
DL

No, he is slamming Islam for what the Vatican and all false Christianity have been known to do even in teh receent past.

Only True Christianity will prove to be exempt frm the ciriticisms he is making.

Only True Christians persue paece with all wherever they can, and do not "return eveil for evil" to anyone.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 1:01:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There is no true Christianity.

If there was even one believer, Jesus says that he could do better than himself.

You claim belief. What are you waiting for?

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 1:10:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 1:01:42 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
There is no true Christianity.

If there was even one believer, Jesus says that he could do better than himself.

You claim belief. What are you waiting for?

Regards
DL

Oh there is.

No, not better than him, greater works than him, and they are greater, because they cover the whole of the earth with his message. The work they are doing continually covers much more territory than his work did.

They are doing what he said and taking his message to people of all Nations in every land, even in lands where their work is under ban and they risk death for doing it.

Though it has to be said, we only do it in the power he supplies from his father. We could not do it without that help.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 1:24:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 1:10:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/28/2015 1:01:42 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
There is no true Christianity.

If there was even one believer, Jesus says that he could do better than himself.

You claim belief. What are you waiting for?

Regards
DL

Oh there is.

No, not better than him, greater works than him, and they are greater, because they cover the whole of the earth with his message. The work they are doing continually covers much more territory than his work did.

They are doing what he said and taking his message to people of all Nations in every land, even in lands where their work is under ban and they risk death for doing it.

Though it has to be said, we only do it in the power he supplies from his father. We could not do it without that help.

Seems that you do not know your WORD.

Jesus said people could move mountains. Your hypocritical deflection is duly noted.

You are right that Christianity is almost world wide.

Have a look at how well that is working in Africa and you will say, --- shame on me for being a Christian. If you have sense.

For the evils of religion to grow, read any scripture literally.

Any and all harmless beliefs are allowed by Gnostic Christians. We know that any myth can be internalized for good results and as esoteric ecumenists, we enjoy knowledge of all the myths that man has created about Gods.

https://www.youtube.com...

When there is a victim is when that view changes. Then you see why Christianity annihilated Gnostic Christianity. We do not let the evils of forced literalism go unopposed. To a tyrant like Constantine, we were poison. One of his first commands to his new Church was to kill off the free thinkers and of course, his new tool, his Church, did as bid. It was quite a ride for free thought for the next 1,000 years.

How can a Gnostic Christian, --- and any other free thinking moral person, --- not judge other's morals when seeing someone hurt other because of the same Church's teachings today?

Can you ignore such things if you have decent morals? Impossible. Especially with Islam pulling the same murderous, freedom stifling ****.

We must discriminate and judge constantly. Every law is a compulsion on all of us to judge.

It is my view that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

https://www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own fellow adherents.

African witches and Jesus
https://www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 3
https://www.youtube.com...

Death to Gays.
https://www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing. Fight literalism when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 2:03:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 1:24:47 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 1/28/2015 1:10:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/28/2015 1:01:42 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
There is no true Christianity.

If there was even one believer, Jesus says that he could do better than himself.

You claim belief. What are you waiting for?

Regards
DL

Oh there is.

No, not better than him, greater works than him, and they are greater, because they cover the whole of the earth with his message. The work they are doing continually covers much more territory than his work did.

They are doing what he said and taking his message to people of all Nations in every land, even in lands where their work is under ban and they risk death for doing it.

Though it has to be said, we only do it in the power he supplies from his father. We could not do it without that help.

Seems that you do not know your WORD.

Jesus said people could move mountains. Your hypocritical deflection is duly noted.


Considering that, by his own admission jesus always taught in illustrations, did he mean literal mountains.

Hyperbole was also anotehr tool he used, asn in using the thought of trying to pass a camel through the eye of a needle, and obvious impossibility, simply to picture the diffisuclty, not impossibilty, of a rich man maknig it inot teh kingom.

No defl;ection, no hypocrisy. I am simply pointing out wyhat Jesus so iobviously meant.

You are right that Christianity is almost world wide.


The trouble is that so is false Christianity.

Have a look at how well that is working in Africa and you will say, --- shame on me for being a Christian. If you have sense.

For the evils of religion to grow, read any scripture literally.


Depends if yu are speaking of teh scripture or what it actually means, whihc is osmetnms "lost in translation".

Any and all harmless beliefs are allowed by Gnostic Christians. We know that any myth can be internalized for good results and as esoteric ecumenists, we enjoy knowledge of all the myths that man has created about Gods.

https://www.youtube.com...

When there is a victim is when that view changes. Then you see why Christianity annihilated Gnostic Christianity. We do not let the evils of forced literalism go unopposed. To a tyrant like Constantine, we were poison. One of his first commands to his new Church was to kill off the free thinkers and of course, his new tool, his Church, did as bid. It was quite a ride for free thought for the next 1,000 years.


No Christiainity did not. False Christianity did.

You seem, like most p[eople blinded by Satan, to be incapable of distinguishing between the real and the counterfeits.

Remind me nevber to send you shopping for an branded goods, lol.

How can a Gnostic Christian, --- and any other free thinking moral person, --- not judge other's morals when seeing someone hurt other because of the same Church's teachings today?
All that you are doing is demonstrating how flase those churches are - that theya re not infact Christian whatever they choose to call themselves.


Can you ignore such things if you have decent morals? Impossible. Especially with Islam pulling the same murderous, freedom stifling ****.

Of course you can't because they are part of how you tell teh real from the false, again somethig you seemincapable of doing.


We must discriminate and judge constantly. Every law is a compulsion on all of us to judge.

Of course we must, if only to know whch are true Christians and which not. After all, of the thousands of Christian groups there are, onyl one can possibly be truly Christian.


It is my view that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

https://www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own fellow adherents.

African witches and Jesus
https://www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 3
https://www.youtube.com...

Death to Gays.
https://www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing. Fight literalism when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

I quite agree with you, and that is precisely what I am doing here.

I am fighting for the truth of God's word, and for the pirnciples of True Christianity, which are the onyl things that can bring peace to this earth, and will do.

In that sense, I am doing all I can to comply with

Ephesians 6:10-17
ASV(i) 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Wherefore take up the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 withal taking up the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Christians have only two weapons, faith, and God's word, and we employ them to the best of our ability.

Let's face it. we are fighting against the indoctrination of Satan's system of things which starts indoctrinating us from the cradle on until we either wake up to it and plead with God for help to escape, or we die unfaithful to God.

Satan controls all human Governements and all their services, as well as the vast majority of the people who have been through his education systems onwards,

But it is vital to distinguish between the true Christians and the false, there are so few true ones and so many false.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 9:16:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 8:48:20 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
There is no Christianity that is not false.

Regards
DL

Christianity exists.

Christianity means those living as far as humanly possible lives similar to Christ and the Apostles. Devoted to the woprship of the God that they and Christ worship, his God and father, Jehovah,teaching and living by the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

There is only one gropup that describes, therefore only one group that qualifies as truly Christian.

Jehovah's Witnesses.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 11:25:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 9:16:10 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/29/2015 8:48:20 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
There is no Christianity that is not false.

Regards
DL

Christianity exists.

Christianity means those living as far as humanly possible lives similar to Christ and the Apostles. Devoted to the woprship of the God that they and Christ worship, his God and father, Jehovah,teaching and living by the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

There is only one gropup that describes, therefore only one group that qualifies as truly Christian.

Jehovah's Witnesses.

Idol worshipers are not worth spit.

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 2:00:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 11:25:48 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 1/29/2015 9:16:10 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/29/2015 8:48:20 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
There is no Christianity that is not false.

Regards
DL

Christianity exists.

Christianity means those living as far as humanly possible lives similar to Christ and the Apostles. Devoted to the woprship of the God that they and Christ worship, his God and father, Jehovah,teaching and living by the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

There is only one gropup that describes, therefore only one group that qualifies as truly Christian.

Jehovah's Witnesses.

Idol worshipers are not worth spit.

Regards
DL

I agree, but neither they nor I worship an idol, we worship the God that Christ worships, and the Apostles after him.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:18:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/27/2015 8:03:18 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

http://www.independent.co.uk...

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com...

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam, are evil?

Regards
DL

You were taught some spiritual knowledge from our Creator my friend but there's a greater reason for God using Christianity than meets the eye. Christianity was very successful for our Creator in continuing the building secrets that were needed by Him to teach His people how to build the latest technology. The telescope, microscope, cinema, TV, photography, computers, computer simulation games and programs, internet, etc. were used as analogies by God to teach me exactly how He created everything.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 6:21:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 6:03:34 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
No brighter now than before and you do not even recognize what you are.

See ya. Wouldn't want to be ya.

Regards
DL

Then you are the loser.

I know exactly who and what I am thanks to God and Christ.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:33:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/30/2015 6:21:21 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Then you are the loser.

I know exactly who and what I am thanks to God and Christ.

And, we all know exactly who and what you are, quite contrary to what you believe.

You have led by Satan, that is why you use Satan's products everyday and the fact you are a fornicator having sex out of wedlock. Your adulteress is a criminal because she forges your name as hers, even when you're not legally married.

Is that too thanks to God and Christ or thanks to Satan?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:34:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 10:18:18 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/27/2015 8:03:18 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

http://www.independent.co.uk...

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com...

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam, are evil?

Regards
DL

You were taught some spiritual knowledge from our Creator my friend but there's a greater reason for God using Christianity than meets the eye. Christianity was very successful for our Creator in continuing the building secrets that were needed by Him to teach His people how to build the latest technology. The telescope, microscope, cinema, TV, photography, computers, computer simulation games and programs, internet, etc. were used as analogies by God to teach me exactly how He created everything.

Why did he create the abominations that you see in this link?

https://www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:59:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/30/2015 9:33:10 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/30/2015 6:21:21 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Then you are the loser.

I know exactly who and what I am thanks to God and Christ.

And, we all know exactly who and what you are, quite contrary to what you believe.

You have led by Satan, that is why you use Satan's products everyday and the fact you are a fornicator having sex out of wedlock. Your adulteress is a criminal because she forges your name as hers, even when you're not legally married.

Is that too thanks to God and Christ or thanks to Satan?

Everything I have and do is thanks to God, especially my understanding of his word, though admitetedly it hasn't always been that way.

I got out from under Satan's influence long ago, again, thanks to God's help, but I was always too much of a rebel to accept Satan's teachings without question.

That made my school days pure hell, and meant I got more detentions given me than i could ever have served, but I thank God and Christ for it now, the peace I have now is worth all the past misery and more.