Jump to topic:

Scientific Evidence for...

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 8:42:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm sick and tired of this faith based belief being thrown around so much. It's only present to give Atheist a warm and fuzzy as a fake way to explain things.

There is no observable, verifiable, scientific evidence for worm holes.

Worm holes should be relegated to fairy tales and pseudoscience. It should never be mentioned in schools or politics.

And Atheist that use worm holes as an explanation for anything should be called out from their fairytale. Because if it isn't evident by scientific evidence then it doesn't not exist. Or should be rejected till proven so.

This whole post is sarcastic to point out the hypocritical positivism of so many Atheist.

Stop drinking the kool-aid it's poison.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 8:49:19 PM
At 1/27/2015 8:42:37 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
I'm sick and tired of this faith based belief being thrown around so much. It's only present to give Atheist a warm and fuzzy as a fake way to explain things.

Worm holes should be relegated to fairy tales and pseudoscience. It should never be mentioned in schools or politics.

And Atheist that use worm holes as an explanation for anything should be called out from their fairytale. Because if it isn't evident by scientific evidence then it doesn't not exist. Or should be rejected till proven so.

This whole post is sarcastic to point out the hypocritical positivism of so many Atheist.

Do you think worm holes and God (your God not the other guys God) has the same scientific support ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 9:10:26 PM
At 1/27/2015 8:49:19 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Do you think worm holes and God (your God not the other guys God) has the same scientific support ?

I'm not talking about my God.

And I state that worm holes have scientific support. If atheist positivist want to be intellectually honest they should reject worm holes.

There is no scientific evidence for worm holes. If anything they are used to explain phenomenon, but they're own existence is unfounded.

I could just as easily replace worm holes with God in every hypothesis and scenario. I could replace worm holes with the causal agency of a God. And be just as support by FACTS.

But certainly scientist can't go around saying "God", it's just not political correct for one's career! So more scientific support for this entity is not based in science it is based in atheism and naturalism. All in the effort to appear secular.

Sounds like an institution on the path of answering the important questions (all of which science stops short of answering) and finding truth (tentative and changing truth of course)
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 9:28:31 PM
At 1/27/2015 9:10:26 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

And I state that worm holes have scientific support. If atheist positivist want to be intellectually honest they should reject worm holes.

There is no scientific evidence for worm holes. If anything they are used to explain phenomenon, but they're own existence is unfounded.

I could just as easily replace worm holes with God in every hypothesis and scenario. I could replace worm holes with the causal agency of a God. And be just as support by FACTS.

Of course you could, you could use God for any and all explanations and "God' pretty much has.

It's just there are issues such as using God to fill in gaps, God violates occams razor and then you got testable vs non testable predictions and people seem to have to come up with their God explanations which have so many cavets thrown in there to make it beyond testable.

Add to wit if you operate on the assumption that the "bad" stuff happens because of a "God" because he is "angry" and is a form of "punishment"............well next thing you know your thinking well what can we do to avail of us of this wrath of God..............and next thing you know timmy has a knife at his next cause the answer seems to be...........human sacrifice.

People get these funny idea's about how the wrath of God works and how to get rid of it, don't they ? Sorry for the digression, but now that I have put it out there...........

But certainly scientist can't go around saying "God", it's just not political correct for one's career! So more scientific support for this entity is not based in science it is based in atheism and naturalism. All in the effort to appear secular.

Sounds like an institution on the path of answering the important questions (all of which science stops short of answering) and finding truth (tentative and changing truth of course)

Boo science yay religion (your religion not the others guys)
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 10:03:57 PM
At 1/27/2015 9:28:31 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Of course you could, you could use God for any and all explanations and "God' pretty much has.

It's just there are issues such as using God to fill in gaps, God violates occams razor and then you got testable vs non testable predictions and people seem to have to come up with their God explanations which have so many cavets thrown in there to make it beyond testable.

Add to wit if you operate on the assumption that the "bad" stuff happens because of a "God" because he is "angry" and is a form of "punishment"............well next thing you know your thinking well what can we do to avail of us of this wrath of God..............and next thing you know timmy has a knife at his next cause the answer seems to be...........human sacrifice.

People get these funny idea's about how the wrath of God works and how to get rid of it, don't they ? Sorry for the digression, but now that I have put it out there...........

God exists and does what he does whether you can explain what happens or not. "Bad" things happen because people make them happen, and all actions have consequences. As well as inaction. That's a part of this world God created.

What kind of God that is all powerful all knowing says, "Here people you have free will", but then takes away the repercussions? There is no growth in that. And Death, Pain, Tribulation, Facing Evil, are opportunities for growth. Without death this world would not have life. And not have the life in nearly every nook and cranny that it has.

But I digress. how God does something can be just as exploratory for any scientist.

Oh I love science and math. I was referring to the material naturalist secular atheist regime of an institution you call science.

Because there is a distinction. Science the body of knowledge and Science the institution of scientist and education.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 11:12:48 PM

I swear every thread you start gets less and less coherent.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 11:21:48 PM
At 1/27/2015 11:12:48 PM, Burzmali wrote:

It's late, I'm old and crazy. What more do you want from me?

It's simple. Worm holes are have just as little so called "scientific evidence" for them as God does.

They are as far as we know, undetectable and have not been observed. Are used to explain other phenomenon like entanglement and others.

Why are worm holes acceptable science and God not? Why aren't worm holes considered supernatural or fictitious?

Because the atheist that base their world view on positivism, ignore their own presumptions and categorize things subjectively based on the conclusion "not-god".
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:07:59 AM
At 1/27/2015 11:21:48 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/27/2015 11:12:48 PM, Burzmali wrote:

It's late, I'm old and crazy. What more do you want from me?

More coherence.

It's simple. Worm holes are have just as little so called "scientific evidence" for them as God does.

If they exist, they are part of the universe and obey its laws, unlike God. The equations of the theory of general relativity have valid solutions that contain wormholes. Therefore they are a legitimate area of speculation in science. You know you are dealing with a hypothesis in science, right?

They are as far as we know, undetectable and have not been observed. Are used to explain other phenomenon like entanglement and others.

The lack of evidence is readily admitted by scientists. That's why it remains a hypothesis only. So what?

Why are worm holes acceptable science and God not? Why aren't worm holes considered supernatural or fictitious?

For the reason I gave above. They are very much not supernatural as they violate no known physical laws.

Because the atheist that base their world view on positivism, ignore their own presumptions and categorize things subjectively based on the conclusion "not-god".

Whatever that means.
Impartial
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 5:42:46 AM

There's one glaring error that you have made and I really should point it out to you.

It is a theory that worm holes exist. It's subjective. There's no faith involved because no factual claims are necessary when it comes to worm holes because it's an idea.

It is also a theory that your God exists. Except religious people often go one step further and actually have faith that their God exists. Instead of percieving a God as an idea, they want it to be true and therefore they think it is. This is faith.

There is a difference here.
To believe is to know nothing.
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 5:58:03 AM
Wormholes are predicted as part of a model. That model itself has vast amounts of evidential support, with other predictions of a similar sort having been shown to be accurate. There are tried and tested mathematical & physical models underlying this. The model predicting them is well-supported with evidence. The model predicting god, on the other hand, is not. The two are not comparable.

They are also discussed as being purely theoretical; no scientist claims to have experienced them. Nobody talks to them. Legislative demands to limit the civil liberties of others are never made on the basis of wormholes.

So not only do they have much more evidence behind their potential existence, that claim is one that has far less impact on people and therefore necessitates less of a justificatory process before being accepted on a "yeah, seems plausible" basis. Which is all they are accepted on by the scientific community and will remain to be so until more direct evidence of them is available.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 7:01:45 AM

Does this mean you'll stop arguing based on presuppositional faith?

They are theoretical. What does this have to do with religion?

When are wormholes mentioned in politics? And in basic physics class I don't imagine they'd be mentioned. But in the realm of science they do have valid room for discussion among theoretical physicists. As I said it's a theory, and scientists will admit they have yet to find one. Unlike theists and their god.

I'm confused, are you parodying religious people or straw manning atheists? Are worm holes God? This whole post more shows how you're becoming unhinged, not mocking atheist.

But we don't talk about worm holes (in the religion section), nor do we purport that the existence of worm holes has any moral or super natural meaning ...

The first side effect of drinking the kool aid is lack of self awareness.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 7:25:15 AM
I have often viewed certain so called scientific theories as if they have some BIG "holes of air" and in theory there must be some swiss cheese around the holes.

A backwards way of trying to create the illusion of seeking a solution amongst the confusion.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 7:56:46 AM

So, atheists here have been arguing in favor of wormholes? The claims for wormholes are running amok? Atheists here are claiming they KNOW wormholes exist and are telling us to worship and praise the wormhole?

Hilarious thread.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 7:59:32 AM

At 1/27/2015 10:03:57 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

God exists and does what he does whether you can explain what happens or not.

That's a part of this world God created.

LOL. And yet, you're not talking about your God, and yet you are, the same God that is supposed to have as much evidence as wormholes.

Hilarious thread.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 8:00:51 AM
At 1/27/2015 10:03:57 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/27/2015 9:28:31 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

God exists and does what he does whether you can explain what happens or not. "Bad" things happen because people make them happen, and all actions have consequences. As well as inaction. That's a part of this world God created.

What kind of God that is all powerful all knowing says, "Here people you have free will", but then takes away the repercussions? There is no growth in that. And Death, Pain, Tribulation, Facing Evil, are opportunities for growth. Without death this world would not have life. And not have the life in nearly every nook and cranny that it has.

But I digress. how God does something can be just as exploratory for any scientist.

Oh I love science and math. I was referring to the material naturalist secular atheist regime of an institution you call science.

Because there is a distinction. Science the body of knowledge and Science the institution of scientist and education.

To state as a FACT that a deity exists is an untruth. You might believe it does but there is nothing to substantiate your claim.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 12:21:39 PM
Difference between wormholes and god, there is a model (not verified through testing but is possible) for worm-holes (of a sort). The Einstein Rosen Bridge. One cannot say the same thing about a god.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 12:42:33 PM

Wormholes do have one use.

They make it absolutely obvious that science really is a "best guess" activity at times, because theya re simply taking something they can only truly observe teh effect of and calling it anyhting they like as long as they don't have to attribute it to the very one who is almost certainly the cause of it, Jehovah the God, creator, and controller of the Universe.

Thus they are proving beyond any doubt that they are bigoted and not to be trusted.

Thank you for bring that up, since it gives me a way of puttng forward what I have instinctively felt for many years.

You simply can't trust men, whatever they are trying to tell you. I includde myself in that as well as all other men and women.

God is the only one truly worthy of our trust. That is why I rely 100% on him and no-one else.
Impartial
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 1:01:08 PM
At 1/28/2015 12:42:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

They make it absolutely obvious that science really is a "best guess" activity at times, because theya re simply taking something they can only truly observe teh effect of and calling it anyhting they like as long as they don't have to attribute it to the very one who is almost certainly the cause of it, Jehovah the God, creator, and controller of the Universe.

Thus they are proving beyond any doubt that they are bigoted and not to be trusted.

Thank you for bring that up, since it gives me a way of puttng forward what I have instinctively felt for many years.

You simply can't trust men, whatever they are trying to tell you. I includde myself in that as well as all other men and women.

God is the only one truly worthy of our trust. That is why I rely 100% on him and no-one else.

If you don't like science, stop using electricity, medecine, cars and planes, stop watching TV or using your computer or mobile phone or bicycle and go live in a cave, then you'll no longer have to indulge in such evil. Oh, and I'm afraid you can't take your bible with you because science was used by the factory that made it.
To believe is to know nothing.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 1:18:32 PM
At 1/28/2015 1:01:08 PM, Impartial wrote:

If you don't like science, stop using electricity, medecine, cars and planes, stop watching TV or using your computer or mobile phone or bicycle and go live in a cave, then you'll no longer have to indulge in such evil. Oh, and I'm afraid you can't take your bible with you because science was used by the factory that made it.

Why would I not like science, when it is continually supporting the truth about God, even ifmost of those usuing it are trying not to?

I love science, but as with so many things it is the abuse of it by men with their own agendas that I despise.

As long as God allows me to use the products of Satan's system I shall do so, making sure that I comply with teh instruction not to use it to the full.

God has many times used parts of Satan's system to do his will, and there has been nothing Satan can do to stop him, much as he would like to.

He is currently making good use of the internet via the various JW sites, doubtless much to Satan's annoyance.

God puts no restrictions on what we use to spread the truth of his word, and any who satnd in the way of it will soon pay the price for doing so.

It doesn't pay to be found to be fighting against God.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 2:58:18 PM

If you followed science you wouldn't be struggling with wormholes. Theoretical physicists have declared at the beginning wormholes are theoretical passages in space. Wormholes are also ranked very low in the general relativity theory of Einstein. But wormholes are ranked high among fiction readers which includes many Christians . The bible being the best selling fiction of all times.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 3:56:03 PM
At 1/28/2015 2:58:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:

If you followed science you wouldn't be struggling with wormholes. Theoretical physicists have declared at the beginning wormholes are theoretical passages in space. Wormholes are also ranked very low in the general relativity theory of Einstein. But wormholes are ranked high among fiction readers which includes many Christians . The bible being the best selling fiction of all times.

Who said I was struggling them.

The point is that they are theory.

The Bible is not fiction, it is fact, 100% fact.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:19:53 PM
At 1/28/2015 1:18:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/28/2015 1:01:08 PM, Impartial wrote:

Why would I not like science, when it is continually supporting the truth about God, even ifmost of those usuing it are trying not to?

I love science, but as with so many things it is the abuse of it by men with their own agendas that I despise.

As long as God allows me to use the products of Satan's system I shall do so, making sure that I comply with teh instruction not to use it to the full.

God has many times used parts of Satan's system to do his will, and there has been nothing Satan can do to stop him, much as he would like to.

He is currently making good use of the internet via the various JW sites, doubtless much to Satan's annoyance.

God puts no restrictions on what we use to spread the truth of his word, and any who satnd in the way of it will soon pay the price for doing so.

It doesn't pay to be found to be fighting against God.

Agreed no one faithful needs be afraid of the truth.

And thank God for some good websites lest the whole internet would be porn. Well and pizza delivery.
creationtruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 5:26:43 PM
At 1/28/2015 3:56:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/28/2015 2:58:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Who said I was struggling them.

The point is that they are theory.

The Bible is not fiction, it is fact, 100% fact.

Amen, to bad you have fallen for the false teachings of the JW cult.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 5:47:30 PM

You know the difference between a hypothesis and a theory, right> Wormholes remain a hypothesis. As does God.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 6:13:33 PM
At 1/28/2015 5:26:43 PM, creationtruth wrote:

All you have proven by that statement is that you don't really know what scripture teaches, only what you have been told it does. You need to find out for yourself.

No, I haven't "fallen for" anyhting. I just happen to agree with them because they teach what scripture teaches, as well as what Christ and the Apostles did. I have tested out what they teach many tmes more thoroughly than yu obviously have, and even now I don;pt rely on them for anyithn g ore than guidance. If what they says didn't agree with scripture I wouldn't listen.

Scripture is the only arbiter of truth, no any work of man.

Ironically they fit very well into Paul"s description of the sort of people God chooses at 1 Corinthians 1:26-30
ASV(i) 26 For behold your calling, brethren, that not many wise after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put to shame them that are wise; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong; 28 and the base things of the world, and the things that are despised, did God choose, yea and the things that are not, that he might bring to nought the things that are: 29 that no flesh should glory before God. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who was made unto us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption.

They also fit into the bracket that Jesus described at

John 15:17-26
ASV(i) 17 These things I command you, that ye may love one another. 18If the world hateth you, ye know that it hath hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love its own: but because ye are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, A servant is not greater than his lord. If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also.21 But all these things will they do unto you for my names sake, because they know not him that sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no excuse for their sin.23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which none other did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But this cometh to pass, that the word may be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. 26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall bear witness of me:

Think carefully on those verses.

They are despised just as their master was, and for the same reasons.

When people like you despise them, you despise Jesus.

When you despise Jesus you despise God also.

Because the JW,s Jesus, and God, all teach the same message, which is basically that what God planned when he created Adam and Eve, is what he will obtain in the end.

God gave Adam and Eve "perfect" human bodies with the potential to ive forever provided they stayed faithful.

He gave them a Paradise garden as a pattern, and from there they were to fill the earth with equally perfect humans, and turn the earth into a Paradise all over the land.

Satan intervened, Adam sinned and we are now far from perfect.

However, there and then God set a plan for his son to bring all of us back to perfection, and that plan is son to enter its final phase, after which mankind will once again be holy, and Christ will be able to hand the kingdom back to his father, and God will once again be all things to all people, as the final three chapters of Revelation describe.

That is not an invention of the JWs or any other many. It is the full story of scripture.

Now scripture has finally revealed to us that the plan was in three stages, and the final stage will end after the whole thing has run for 7,000 years.

7,000years?

Yes, that is how long God has allowed Satan to prove his case under every conceivable condition and state.

There is now only one thing left to test out.

Mankind returned to the state which Adam threw away. The earth cleared of all of Satan"s works, the dead to be resurrected and taught God"s ways, and given sufficient time to practice them without the interference of Satan.

The, towards the end of Christ"s reign, will come the final test described in Revelation 20, and when that is over, it will herald in the Perfect day, described at Proverbs 4:18.

If you are an enemy of the JWs you are, demonstrably and enemy of God and Christ.

Why not prove it for yourself?

I can help, and any JW will happily help you, or you can go onto the website http//:www.jw.org and read any of their current publication. There is even a link to a comprehensive library.

Go on, I dare you, try and prove one thing they teach wrong from scripture. I will guarantee that you can"t. I know I couldn"t.

Or try and prove me wrong if you wish, and I'll happily show you where and why you are actually wrong.

I love a challenge as any true Christian does.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 6:23:42 PM
At 1/28/2015 5:47:30 PM, Envisage wrote:

You know the difference between a hypothesis and a theory, right> Wormholes remain a hypothesis. As does God.

No, God is not a theory he is a proven fact. The fact that some choose not to accept it does not alter that.
jelliedsoup
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 6:59:16 PM
Atheists only want to be honest when assessing other's claims, not their own.
My favourite is the multi-verse.
creationtruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 7:02:45 PM
At 1/28/2015 6:13:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/28/2015 5:26:43 PM, creationtruth wrote:

All you have proven by that statement is that you don't really know what scripture teaches, only what you have been told it does. You need to find out for yourself.

No, I haven't "fallen for" anyhting. I just happen to agree with them because they teach what scripture teaches, as well as what Christ and the Apostles did. I have tested out what they teach many tmes more thoroughly than yu obviously have, and even now I don;pt rely on them for anyithn g ore than guidance. If what they says didn't agree with scripture I wouldn't listen.

Scripture is the only arbiter of truth, no any work of man.

Ironically they fit very well into Paul"s description of the sort of people God chooses at 1 Corinthians 1:26-30
ASV(i) 26 For behold your calling, brethren, that not many wise after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put to shame them that are wise; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong; 28 and the base things of the world, and the things that are despised, did God choose, yea and the things that are not, that he might bring to nought the things that are: 29 that no flesh should glory before God. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who was made unto us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption.

They also fit into the bracket that Jesus described at

John 15:17-26
ASV(i) 17 These things I command you, that ye may love one another. 18If the world hateth you, ye know that it hath hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love its own: but because ye are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, A servant is not greater than his lord. If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also.21 But all these things will they do unto you for my names sake, because they know not him that sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no excuse for their sin.23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which none other did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But this cometh to pass, that the word may be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. 26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall bear witness of me:

Think carefully on those verses.

They are despised just as their master was, and for the same reasons.

When people like you despise them, you despise Jesus.

When you despise Jesus you despise God also.

Because the JW,s Jesus, and God, all teach the same message, which is basically that what God planned when he created Adam and Eve, is what he will obtain in the end.

God gave Adam and Eve "perfect" human bodies with the potential to ive forever provided they stayed faithful.

He gave them a Paradise garden as a pattern, and from there they were to fill the earth with equally perfect humans, and turn the earth into a Paradise all over the land.

Satan intervened, Adam sinned and we are now far from perfect.

However, there and then God set a plan for his son to bring all of us back to perfection, and that plan is son to enter its final phase, after which mankind will once again be holy, and Christ will be able to hand the kingdom back to his father, and God will once again be all things to all people, as the final three chapters of Revelation describe.

That is not an invention of the JWs or any other many. It is the full story of scripture.

Now scripture has finally revealed to us that the plan was in three stages, and the final stage will end after the whole thing has run for 7,000 years.

7,000years?

Yes, that is how long God has allowed Satan to prove his case under every conceivable condition and state.

There is now only one thing left to test out.

Mankind returned to the state which Adam threw away. The earth cleared of all of Satan"s works, the dead to be resurrected and taught God"s ways, and given sufficient time to practice them without the interference of Satan.

The, towards the end of Christ"s reign, will come the final test described in Revelation 20, and when that is over, it will herald in the Perfect day, described at Proverbs 4:18.

If you are an enemy of the JWs you are, demonstrably and enemy of God and Christ.

Why not prove it for yourself?

I can help, and any JW will happily help you, or you can go onto the website http//:www.jw.org and read any of their current publication. There is even a link to a comprehensive library.

Go on, I dare you, try and prove one thing they teach wrong from scripture. I will guarantee that you can"t. I know I couldn"t.

Or try and prove me wrong if you wish, and I'll happily show you where and why you are actually wrong.

I love a challenge as any true Christian does.

I think it is great that you are convinced of what you believe, but this of course does not make your views right.

I too am assured of what I believe concerning God and His word. I have sought God in all honesty and truth, through prayer, for understanding of His truth. I have also tested the claims of JW theology and have found them in error.

I also believe that the word of God, the holy Bible, is the only arbiter of truth.

Your utilization of John 15 is a faulty measure of the veracity of the JWs. Many religious groups in history have been persecuted, from Jews to Catholics, Muslims to Evangelicals, etc. This does not show that they are true believers; what they actually believe demonstrates their position as God's people.

I "despise" JWs no further than the doctrines they maintain and teach. I love all people as God's offspring and as creatures made in His image. I could actually turn your whole argument against you and say that I am of those people that are persecuted for Christ's sake, but this of course would not ultimately prove the truth of what I believe.

I agree with most of what you said concerning scripture, but rather than argue such big picture issues as God's plan from creation to consummation, I think it is important to first understand what a person believes about salvation. Anyone who believes the Gospel of Grace and believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is my brother regardless of other doctrines they may hold. So what, may I ask, do you believe concerning the Gospel that saves?

I will also gladly debate you on any theological topic, if you are willing.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 8:26:04 PM
At 1/28/2015 6:23:42 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/28/2015 5:47:30 PM, Envisage wrote:

No, God is not a theory he is a proven fact. The fact that some choose not to accept it does not alter that.

Here's a proposal.

Either stop spouting that God is a proven fact (since you are light years away from presenting any such proof), or actually debate me on the subject.

Simply asserting something is a proven fact doesn't make it so. We don't even use 'proven fact' terminology in well-established scientific theories, so stating God is a proven fact gives me good reason to think you are full of crap.