Jump to topic:

Do not reject the Atheist

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 9:43:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The non existence of something can never be proven. So Athiests are really agnostics with faith that god does not exist. Agnostics, I respect because they state their true position within the path that is life. Then there are believers who have faith, and most religions give these people the highest regard. Then there are people who know because God has been reveled to them. Everything I said above is true and cannot be argued against except with a belief in something without knowledge.
So I ask all those who have faith in God, or knowledge of God to not reject the Atheists. To put up with their ad hominem attacks and try to help them without attacking them in return. They are simply at the earliest stages of the path.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 9:53:54 PM
At 1/27/2015 9:43:07 PM, drpiek wrote:
The non existence of something can never be proven. So Athiests are really agnostics with faith that god does not exist. Agnostics, I respect because they state their true position within the path that is life. Then there are believers who have faith, and most religions give these people the highest regard. Then there are people who know because God has been reveled to them. Everything I said above is true and cannot be argued against except with a belief in something without knowledge.
So I ask all those who have faith in God, or knowledge of God to not reject the Atheists. To put up with their ad hominem attacks and try to help them without attacking them in return. They are simply at the earliest stages of the path.

You can not reason someone out of a belief that was decided upon based on faith. And Atheism should be rejected it is a poison that corrupts and corrodes any reasonable thought and to be at all accepted results in the most blatant passing of incoherent illogical fallacious gibberish as if it is logic.

There is no reasonable discussion with them. At every turn they should be shown for what they are Sophist. And every argument elaborated till it exposes that what they pass off as fact and reason is semantics and rhetoric.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 9:58:44 PM
At 1/27/2015 9:53:54 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

You can not reason someone out of a belief that was decided upon based on faith. And Atheism should be rejected it is a poison that corrupts and corrodes any reasonable thought and to be at all accepted results in the most blatant passing of incoherent illogical fallacious gibberish as if it is logic.

There is no reasonable discussion with them. At every turn they should be shown for what they are Sophist. And every argument elaborated till it exposes that what they pass off as fact and reason is semantics and rhetoric.

Simple, do not judge their ignorance as them. Help them progress. It is the greatest service to God and them you can do. You know this is the true lesson.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 10:02:20 PM

Feel free to apply that "reasonableness" standard to yourself and your own beliefs and what you have to do to make them work and what you have to do to overcome various objections raised against them.

I will keep an eye out on you, so if I see some religious belief of yours we can then test it against your standard of reasonableness.

I am sure you have a very very high standard right ? "Atheism should be rejected it is a poison that corrupts and corrodes any reasonable thought and to be at all accepted results in the most blatant passing of incoherent illogical fallacious gibberish as if it is logic."

I am sure your own religious belief is utterly immune from such things.............:)
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 10:12:10 PM
At 1/27/2015 10:02:20 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Feel free to apply that "reasonableness" standard to yourself and your own beliefs and what you have to do to make them work and what you have to do to overcome various objections raised against them.

I will keep an eye out on you, so if I see some religious belief of yours we can then test it against your standard of reasonableness.

I do actually. because I see no evidence to think you are a rational mind. Nor should I accept I am one either. in fact I see evidence for a degradation of mankind and irrationality. So the only standard I can judge your rationality by are the same standards i judge my own thoughts on.

I seek to see if they are consistent with reality as perceived. I seek and see if they can explain all past recorded perceptions.

What I do not do is say well, I don't know, and I won't accept God sooo... that perception or phenomenon is illusory, fake. All those people are suffering from a delusion. One day in the future naturalism and science will explain it. Subjectively individually assigned value of "Bad" thing I will fade to dust and won't be around for such a glorious day.

I am sure you have a very very high standard right ? "Atheism should be rejected it is a poison that corrupts and corrodes any reasonable thought and to be at all accepted results in the most blatant passing of incoherent illogical fallacious gibberish as if it is logic."

I am sure your own religious belief is utterly immune from such things.............:)

It changes with the assimilation of new information. So it's never wrong... :P
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 10:15:26 PM

My father was one of the greatest atheists that God ever shovelled guts into, but he had more righteousness in his little finger than all the Popes, cardinals, bishops, priests and all the other pompous, pious and pretentious people who walk this earth.

I would rather debate with the more intelligent of the godless mob in this forum, than the fanatical so-called christians.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 10:26:00 PM
At 1/27/2015 10:15:26 PM, Gentorev wrote:

My father was one of the greatest atheists that God ever shovelled guts into, but he had more righteousness in his little finger than all the Popes, cardinals, bishops, priests and all the other pompous, pious and pretentious people who walk this earth.

I would rather debate with the more intelligent of the godless mob in this forum, than the fanatical so-called christians.

I am not christian, see my Religion = Bondage thread.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 10:31:27 PM
At 1/27/2015 10:12:10 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

I do actually. because I see no evidence to think you are a rational mind. Nor should I accept I am one either. in fact I see evidence for a degradation of mankind and irrationality. So the only standard I can judge your rationality by are the same standards i judge my own thoughts on.

I seek to see if they are consistent with reality as perceived. I seek and see if they can explain all past recorded perceptions.

What I do not do is say well, I don't know, and I won't accept God sooo... that perception or phenomenon is illusory, fake. All those people are suffering from a delusion. One day in the future naturalism and science will explain it. Subjectively individually assigned value of "Bad" thing I will fade to dust and won't be around for such a glorious day.

If you are Christian is this how Chris would act. If not Swap Christ for what ever holy person you believe in. Otherwise, take the position of God speaking to a non believer and relieve this is how God will treat you. Be Humble, Help others. please!
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 10:41:39 PM
At 1/27/2015 10:31:27 PM, drpiek wrote:

If you are Christian is this how Chris would act. If not Swap Christ for what ever holy person you believe in. Otherwise, take the position of God speaking to a non believer and relieve this is how God will treat you. Be Humble, Help others. please!

I am being humble. I haven't eluded to a judge of rationality any higher than myself. I have spoken only of the truth and standard by which it is measured, to be the rational way all truths are discerned.

I've been admonishing of a fake. The Atheist are sophist of semantics, rhetoric, and hypocrisy.

Lately I have not even taken up a position or affirmed anythings really.

Merely asking Atheist if they can judge their own arguments under the same standards they propose to others.

the only place they can do is run back into the darkness of doubt and agnosticism. The same hole they crawled out from. Maybe back at the origin of all inquiry they will find a path to some truth.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 10:59:25 PM
At 1/27/2015 10:41:39 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/27/2015 10:31:27 PM, drpiek wrote:

I am being humble. I haven't eluded to a judge of rationality any higher than myself. I have spoken only of the truth and standard by which it is measured, to be the rational way all truths are discerned.

I've been admonishing of a fake. The Atheist are sophist of semantics, rhetoric, and hypocrisy.

Lately I have not even taken up a position or affirmed anythings really.

Merely asking Atheist if they can judge their own arguments under the same standards they propose to others.

the only place they can do is run back into the darkness of doubt and agnosticism. The same hole they crawled out from. Maybe back at the origin of all inquiry they will find a path to some truth.

There is always hope