Jump to topic:

Disco is DEAD, but vinyle survives

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 11:58:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I remember the so called DISCO era as I was Living in Europe at the time.

About the only thing I liked about DISCO was the Frank Zappa parody song Dancing Fool.

That was a good parody of the substance of DISCO.

Disco will never make a come back as HIP Hop and RAP have replaced the void that DISCO filled at one TIME.

Here is a related topic.

Old VINYL records are still very popular with many as the sound that you get from playing vinyl media on a quality turn table is a art in sound that can't be faked.

I also find it interesting that 8-Track tapes and players are still very collectable with far more of a demand then supply, yet cassette music media and it's players are not as valuable on the collectors market as there is a large supply and little demand.

What does this and that have to do with anything?

It shows that popular fads, rituals and opinion drive what is viewed as real and valuable and what is not with about the only thing that changes is the point in the human time line and popular opinion of the day.

Is it LIVE or is it Memorex?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 6:21:17 AM
At 1/27/2015 11:58:20 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

About the only thing I liked about DISCO was the Frank Zappa parody song Dancing Fool.

Disco will never make a come back as HIP Hop and RAP have replaced the void that DISCO filled at one TIME.

Here is a related topic.

Old VINYL records are still very popular with many as the sound that you get from playing vinyl media on a quality turn table is a art in sound that can't be faked.

I also find it interesting that 8-Track tapes and players are still very collectable with far more of a demand then supply, yet cassette music media and it's players are not as valuable on the collectors market as there is a large supply and little demand.

It shows that popular fads, rituals and opinion drive what is viewed as real and valuable and what is not with about the only thing that changes is the point in the human time line and popular opinion of the day.

What has this got to do with religion?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 6:50:27 AM
At 1/28/2015 6:21:17 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Here is a related topic.

EE: Somewhere it's a part of someones religion. I myself have no religion or need of.

The bigger question would be what does religion have to do with Life.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 11:16:39 PM
At 1/28/2015 6:50:27 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
At 1/28/2015 6:21:17 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Here is a related topic.

EE: Somewhere it's a part of someones religion. I myself have no religion or need of.

The bigger question would be what does religion have to do with Life.

Religion is a way of life. It is the ritualistic way in which humans conduct their lives.
Whatever they spend their time and money on is the god which controls their life.
Those who spend a fortune going to discos or any other dances are ruled and controlled by the gods of the dances
Those who spend their time and money on sports are ruled by the gods of sports.
Those who spend their money and time on fictions and fantasies are controlled by fiction and fantasies

The gods of entertainment rule the world.
Some idolize those gods and some do not.
American idols, Australian idols, Religious idols,
Whatever people idolize are the gods they worship.
Sing and Dance to the Lords. It makes them happy to have fans which blow them kisses and cheer in the grandstands.
When you hear the sound of the bells ringing, bow down and worship them and don't be late for the entertainment of your choice.