Problem with debate and arguement

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 5:30:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The problem is very clear to see.

Most would rather SEEK truth, solutions and understanding then actually FIND THEM.

It's is ALL about DISTRACTION. That is how the best tricks are done. The best distraction.

That is the SIMPLE of it....
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 10:36:05 PM
At 1/28/2015 5:30:50 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

Most would rather SEEK truth, solutions and understanding then actually FIND THEM.

It's is ALL about DISTRACTION. That is how the best tricks are done. The best distraction.

Some enjoy the adventure of looking for treasure more than finding treasure because once they find it they are afraid of losing it or having it stolen. When they don't have it, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

However when it comes to seeking truth, most have no clue what they are seeking. They find something that appears to be true and simply believe it is true without questioning it.

It is a bit like a person who is looking for gold and who has never seen gold before so they really don't know what it looks like except for the stories they have heard about it. They find fools gold and think it is the real deal. They end up deceived by fools gold and hold on to it like their lives depend on it for fear of losing it instead of giving it away.

They refuse to listen to anyone who tells them it is fools gold because they have convinced themselves it is not.

Their own greed of not wanting to let go of what they have is what keeps them poor.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 10:54:44 PM

They can't be found.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 7:40:30 PM
At 1/28/2015 10:54:44 PM, Wylted wrote:

They can't be found.

What makes you think truth can't be found?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 7:56:07 PM
At 1/30/2015 7:40:30 PM, Skyangel wrote:

They can't be found.

What makes you think truth can't be found

Because we judge the world through our sense but our senses are an indirect way to percieve it and imperfect.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 7:58:09 PM
At 1/30/2015 7:56:07 PM, Wylted wrote:

They can't be found.

Because we judge the world through our sense but our senses are an indirect way to percieve it and imperfect.

Do you think truth is just a human judgment?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 8:03:00 PM
At 1/30/2015 7:58:09 PM, Skyangel wrote:

They can't be found.

No, truth is reality but reality is something we percieve through the senses which are inperfect and incomplete. If we could 100% trust our sense than it may be possible to find objective truth.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:10:22 PM
At 1/30/2015 8:03:00 PM, Wylted wrote:

They can't be found.

No, truth is reality but reality is something we percieve through the senses which are inperfect and incomplete. If we could 100% trust our sense than it may be possible to find objective truth.

If truth is reality, which I agree with by the way, and you believe truth cannot be found, you are basically saying reality cannot be found.
Human senses might be imperfect in some peoples opinions but they are what they are and we sense what we sense.
Do you think people sense their own reality or not?
Do you think reality is objective?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:11:41 PM

It's impossible to debate invisible things such as thoughts? If God's people understood that ALL their thoughts were created by Him, they wouldn't have nothing to argue about.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:13:10 PM
At 1/28/2015 10:36:05 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Some enjoy the adventure of looking for treasure more than finding treasure because once they find it they are afraid of losing it or having it stolen. When they don't have it, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

However when it comes to seeking truth, most have no clue what they are seeking. They find something that appears to be true and simply believe it is true without questioning it.

It is a bit like a person who is looking for gold and who has never seen gold before so they really don't know what it looks like except for the stories they have heard about it. They find fools gold and think it is the real deal. They end up deceived by fools gold and hold on to it like their lives depend on it for fear of losing it instead of giving it away.

They refuse to listen to anyone who tells them it is fools gold because they have convinced themselves it is not.

Their own greed of not wanting to let go of what they have is what keeps them poor.

If you knew the Truth, you wouldn't be arguing with anyone. You would be speaking the Truth that no one can argue against.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:14:24 PM
At 1/30/2015 9:10:22 PM, Skyangel wrote:

They can't be found.

If truth is reality, which I agree with by the way, and you believe truth cannot be found, you are basically saying reality cannot be found.

True, we can percieve it imperfectly through our senses but that's as close as we get.

Human senses might be imperfect in some peoples opinions but they are what they are and we sense what we sense.

Okay, following..

Do you think people sense their own reality or not?

Yes, our senses are a way to percieve our reality.

Yes but despite reality being objective our senses are imperfect and so we can never fully trust them. Even if we thought they were perfect, they wouldn't be completely trustworthy.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:21:24 PM
At 1/30/2015 9:13:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:

If you knew the Truth, you wouldn't be arguing with anyone. You would be speaking the Truth that no one can argue against.

Do you mean like your truth Brad which many argue against and deny even though you want to believe it is impossible to argue against it ?
Do you mean like Jesus truth which people were also able to argue against and deny even though you want to believe it is impossible to argue against it?

Why do you argue or debate with anyone Brad? Is it because you don't know the Truth which you can't argue against?

I am that I am and no one can argue against that fact.

You have no clue who I AM no matter how much you wish to deny that fact.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:24:33 PM
At 1/30/2015 9:21:24 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/30/2015 9:13:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Do you mean like your truth Brad which many argue against and deny even though you want to believe it is impossible to argue against it ?
Do you mean like Jesus truth which people were also able to argue against and deny even though you want to believe it is impossible to argue against it?

Why do you argue or debate with anyone Brad? Is it because you don't know the Truth which you can't argue against?

I know who everyone is but they don't know Me, there Creator.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:32:47 PM
Sky and I keep telling you and others that WE, each individually personally are the gods that create us in the image of god.
The PROBLEM with this world and it's many people is that most are LAZY day dreamers that are more interested in SHORT CUTS and LAZY WAYS then they are in LEARNING and GROWING UP and taking on the RESPONSIBILITY for their own thoughts and actions.

Life creates Life. Humans create humans, dogs create dogs and so on. I would say that you understand those principals.

I understand VERY well what you are trying to say as you are another of the many that CHOOSE with their OWN FREE WILL CHOICES to make God/Life,god/life in their own image.

The vibrations and frequencies and such are to be FINE TUNED by the owner of the little clay pot of thoughts.

YOU as most others are trying to day dream your way out of RESPONSIBILITY for your thoughts and actions.

You want to have SOMEONE ELSE take on the RESPONSIBILITIES for YOUR own personal FREE will choices.

You and others can't fool me as I AM the undisputed mind & wit wrestling champion of the internet realm.

Skyangle is my tag team partner when required.

We greatly enjoy the sport and excitement of wrasslin with those that are seeking a CHALLENGE that had only existed in fantasy land before we came on the wrasslin circuit.

PLAY BALL
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:58:46 PM
At 1/30/2015 9:14:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/30/2015 9:10:22 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Those who understand their senses can deceive them tend to check and recheck their own senses and become aware of what illusions are created by them. Humans also tend to question each others observations to determine what is real and what is not. That is one way that humans can determine what is an illusion and what is not.
Obviously some peoples senses are more incomplete than others. Is there such a thing as complete senses?
Objective truth exists.
Mathematics for example is an objective truth. 1+1=2. That is objective and 100% true.
The laws of the universe are an objective truth. Gravity is objective truth. Existence is objective truth. Life is objective Truth. Death is objective truth.
Everything is what it is regardless of how humans perceive and judge it. That is objective truth.
It is totally possible to find it when you are objective regarding your own senses and simply use common sense.
When something doesn't "add up" it needs to be questioned till a correct solution is found for the problem of why it doesn't "add up".
When you find the solution which is 100% correct, you have found the objective truth.

True, we can percieve it imperfectly through our senses but that's as close as we get.

Thank you for your opinion.
I think objective reality can be found and we can perceive it perfectly through our senses if our senses are working correctly. Objective reality is that which is 100% correct. Life and death for example is a perfect objective reality of a process which cannot be disputed. Existence is a perfect objective reality which cannot be denied.

Yes but despite reality being objective our senses are imperfect and so we can never fully trust them. Even if we thought they were perfect, they wouldn't be completely trustworthy.

If you don't fully trust yourself at all you obviously won't fully trust any human. However, that's not a bad thing since it causes one to be cautious and take nothing for granted. It causes one to keep questioning and testing things to check if they are real and 100% true or not.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 10:05:33 PM
@sky angel,

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. What I'n referring to is stuff I've read from David Hume concerning the nature of reality. It can go quite deep and is a bore to talk about.

My opinion is that truth can't be known but we have to operate as if it can be just so we can make it through the day. This my seem to clash with believing in an objective reality but it doesn't and that is okay .
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 11:07:20 PM
At 1/30/2015 10:05:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
@sky angel,

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. What I'n referring to is stuff I've read from David Hume concerning the nature of reality. It can go quite deep and is a bore to talk about.

Why do you need to refer to other peoples thoughts and ideas? Why not use your own mind to think for yourself?

My opinion is that truth can't be known but we have to operate as if it can be just so we can make it through the day. This my seem to clash with believing in an objective reality but it doesn't and that is okay .

Is that your true opinion or is it just your lazy opinion that wants to agree with something you read that sounds good because you can't be bothered questioning it?

Reality can definitely be known. There is life and death which is an objective reality. All of us who exist have been born from a mothers womb and all of us will die one day. That is an objective reality. If you don't know that, what do you know?

Life consists of things which are 100% certain as well as things some people are not sure about. That is also an objective truth and reality.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 11:51:33 PM
At 1/30/2015 9:24:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/30/2015 9:21:24 PM, Skyangel wrote:

I know who everyone is but they don't know Me, there Creator.

At 1/30/2015 8:41:26 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I hear ya clucking Saint Brad. I understand where I came from, WHERE I AM and where I'm going. I even understand the TIME line.

Seems that it is YOU that is the confused one on those issues.

I agree with EE.