Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

what was this dream ??

lastrequest691
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 10:13:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I know dreams mean nothing but this dream was very strange one.

Here is what I saw:
I was in the desert and walking till the desert turned into a beach. I saw light descending down from the sky and it called my name.
I said, "Who is it?"
Then the voice said, "Your prayers have been heard. Do not be afraid. Turn neither right or left from my commandments and I will take you there."

I said, "But my parents will not let me go. I would like to go but they will not let me go."

Then the voice said again, "Do not be afraid. I will bring disasters upon the garden of your father if he will not let you go. I will take away my Angels from my garden if he will not let you go."

Then I woke up. Can anybody interpret this dream for me or IS IT JUST A DREAM ?
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
sherlockmethod
Posts: 317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 10:36:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Dream interpretations are nonsense. I will, for the sake of this thread, assume you really had this dream. The lines you use are common in Christian myth and you are, by your profile, a Catholic and you struggle with some parts as you willingly shared how your parents were/are "fundies". You may have been rehearsing this in your head prior to falling asleep and in a near sleep state your thoughts added the vivid imagery which is also associated with Christian myths, i.e. deserts, etc.

Sherlockmethod's Analysis: It was just a dream, but the line of thought you are on and the questions you are asking yourself are very valid. Good luck.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 11:49:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
It means you are gay.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lastrequest691
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 9:04:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/26/2010 11:49:53 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
It means you are gay.

Jealous!!!!!!

I can see that.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
lastrequest691
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 9:05:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 5:42:36 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
It means you're a troll.

Jealous MUCH!
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 10:03:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/26/2010 10:13:04 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I know dreams mean nothing but this dream was very strange one.

Here is what I saw:
I was in the desert and walking till the desert turned into a beach. I saw light descending down from the sky and it called my name.
I said, "Who is it?"
Then the voice said, "Your prayers have been heard. Do not be afraid. Turn neither right or left from my commandments and I will take you there."

I said, "But my parents will not let me go. I would like to go but they will not let me go."

Then the voice said again, "Do not be afraid. I will bring disasters upon the garden of your father if he will not let you go. I will take away my Angels from my garden if he will not let you go."

Then I woke up. Can anybody interpret this dream for me or IS IT JUST A DREAM ?

It means that God wants you to kill yourself, or else he will brig calamity against your father.

So yeah. Go do that.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 10:55:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't see why you need this interpreted. It's meaning is most literal.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 4:50:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/26/2010 10:13:04 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I know dreams mean nothing but this dream was very strange one.

Here is what I saw:
I was in the desert and walking till the desert turned into a beach. I saw light descending down from the sky and it called my name.
I said, "Who is it?"
Then the voice said, "Your prayers have been heard. Do not be afraid. Turn neither right or left from my commandments and I will take you there."

I said, "But my parents will not let me go. I would like to go but they will not let me go."

Then the voice said again, "Do not be afraid. I will bring disasters upon the garden of your father if he will not let you go. I will take away my Angels from my garden if he will not let you go."

Then I woke up. Can anybody interpret this dream for me or IS IT JUST A DREAM ?

What have you been praying for?
The Cross.. the Cross.
lastrequest691
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 9:26:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/28/2010 4:50:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/26/2010 10:13:04 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I know dreams mean nothing but this dream was very strange one.

Here is what I saw:
I was in the desert and walking till the desert turned into a beach. I saw light descending down from the sky and it called my name.
I said, "Who is it?"
Then the voice said, "Your prayers have been heard. Do not be afraid. Turn neither right or left from my commandments and I will take you there."

I said, "But my parents will not let me go. I would like to go but they will not let me go."

Then the voice said again, "Do not be afraid. I will bring disasters upon the garden of your father if he will not let you go. I will take away my Angels from my garden if he will not let you go."

Then I woke up. Can anybody interpret this dream for me or IS IT JUST A DREAM ?

What have you been praying for?

I would be able to live and work in that country so that I could preach to those people & them only.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 2:40:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/28/2010 9:26:12 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
At 6/28/2010 4:50:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/26/2010 10:13:04 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I know dreams mean nothing but this dream was very strange one.

Here is what I saw:
I was in the desert and walking till the desert turned into a beach. I saw light descending down from the sky and it called my name.
I said, "Who is it?"
Then the voice said, "Your prayers have been heard. Do not be afraid. Turn neither right or left from my commandments and I will take you there."

I said, "But my parents will not let me go. I would like to go but they will not let me go."

Then the voice said again, "Do not be afraid. I will bring disasters upon the garden of your father if he will not let you go. I will take away my Angels from my garden if he will not let you go."

Then I woke up. Can anybody interpret this dream for me or IS IT JUST A DREAM ?

What have you been praying for?

I would be able to live and work in that country so that I could preach to those people & them only.

Just do as He says.

Remember; " Not My will but YOURS be done.. "
The Cross.. the Cross.
the-good-teacher
Posts: 444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 6:51:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/26/2010 10:13:04 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I know dreams mean nothing but this dream was very strange one.

Here is what I saw:
I was in the desert and walking till the desert turned into a beach. I saw light descending down from the sky and it called my name.
I said, "Who is it?"
Then the voice said, "Your prayers have been heard. Do not be afraid. Turn neither right or left from my commandments and I will take you there."

I said, "But my parents will not let me go. I would like to go but they will not let me go."

Then the voice said again, "Do not be afraid. I will bring disasters upon the garden of your father if he will not let you go. I will take away my Angels from my garden if he will not let you go."

Then I woke up. Can anybody interpret this dream for me or IS IT JUST A DREAM ?

----------------

I believe you have answers

Desert - - - - - - - - - > area without the spirit of God. water is the spirit, this is a fallen kingdom

Walking- - - - - - - - -> the Christian walk, walk with the Shepard, follow Christ,
you're walking among the unsaved or the fallen

Beach - - - - - - - - - -> the two kingdoms, heaven and earth, one with an abundance of spirit, and and the other is without, like saved and unsaved

Light - - - - - - - - - - > the light came to meet you, light is truth, truth is Jesus

Called you're name - > he knew you, like he knew Peter, essential to enter heaven.

prayers - - - - - - - - -> your business (Not comment)

turn not - - - - - - - - > do not stray, follow the Shepard (Christ) he will lead you home as his sheep.

Your parents - - - - - > Jesus told the Pharisees their father was the devil, you were telling Jesus that Satan and the things of this world, money etc.. you'll know yourself, what's holding you back in this life.

The garden- - - - - - -> the Earth is the garden of Satan, this is the desert land with no spirit of God nothing good can grow for Satan

Disasters - - - - - - - > Jesus was telling you he was in control, nothing could stop his will, etc

My Angel- - - - - - - -> Angels are called spirits in scripture, "My Angel" meaning my spirit

My Garden - - - - - - > you, you are the garden, if Satan has a bigger hold on you than he, then he will leave you in the desert

these are just guidelines as I see them, your dream was very personal only you know what is happening in your life and what core issues you may have,

I would say it is a message to drop whatever it is, and continue in your walk. maybe take some things from this and add or expand to some of what is there,
Hope it helps, but I only ever interpret my own dreams, and not in this way
I Seem to know what my dreams are saying.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - o O---^5 ---
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 7:43:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/26/2010 10:36:38 PM, sherlockmethod wrote:
Dream interpretations are nonsense.

I think the only person who can interpret your dream is yourself. I've had strange dreams where I wrote them down and analyzed the meanings. It was very therapeutic and uncovered things I may not have thought of otherwise.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 7:45:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/17/2010 6:51:40 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:
At 6/26/2010 10:13:04 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I know dreams mean nothing but this dream was very strange one.

Here is what I saw:
I was in the desert and walking till the desert turned into a beach. I saw light descending down from the sky and it called my name.
I said, "Who is it?"
Then the voice said, "Your prayers have been heard. Do not be afraid. Turn neither right or left from my commandments and I will take you there."

I said, "But my parents will not let me go. I would like to go but they will not let me go."

Then the voice said again, "Do not be afraid. I will bring disasters upon the garden of your father if he will not let you go. I will take away my Angels from my garden if he will not let you go."

Then I woke up. Can anybody interpret this dream for me or IS IT JUST A DREAM ?

----------------

I believe you have answers

Desert - - - - - - - - - > area without the spirit of God. water is the spirit, this is a fallen kingdom

Walking- - - - - - - - -> the Christian walk, walk with the Shepard, follow Christ,
you're walking among the unsaved or the fallen

Beach - - - - - - - - - -> the two kingdoms, heaven and earth, one with an abundance of spirit, and and the other is without, like saved and unsaved

Light - - - - - - - - - - > the light came to meet you, light is truth, truth is Jesus

Called you're name - > he knew you, like he knew Peter, essential to enter heaven.

prayers - - - - - - - - -> your business (Not comment)

turn not - - - - - - - - > do not stray, follow the Shepard (Christ) he will lead you home as his sheep.

Your parents - - - - - > Jesus told the Pharisees their father was the devil, you were telling Jesus that Satan and the things of this world, money etc.. you'll know yourself, what's holding you back in this life.

The garden- - - - - - -> the Earth is the garden of Satan, this is the desert land with no spirit of God nothing good can grow for Satan

Disasters - - - - - - - > Jesus was telling you he was in control, nothing could stop his will, etc

My Angel- - - - - - - -> Angels are called spirits in scripture, "My Angel" meaning my spirit

My Garden - - - - - - > you, you are the garden, if Satan has a bigger hold on you than he, then he will leave you in the desert

these are just guidelines as I see them, your dream was very personal only you know what is happening in your life and what core issues you may have,

I would say it is a message to drop whatever it is, and continue in your walk. maybe take some things from this and add or expand to some of what is there,
Hope it helps, but I only ever interpret my own dreams, and not in this way
I Seem to know what my dreams are saying.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - o O---^5 ---

I actually really like this response. I'm impressed.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 5:26:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/26/2010 10:13:04 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I know dreams mean nothing but this dream was very strange one.

Here is what I saw:
I was in the desert and walking till the desert turned into a beach. I saw light descending down from the sky and it called my name.
I said, "Who is it?"
Then the voice said, "Your prayers have been heard. Do not be afraid. Turn neither right or left from my commandments and I will take you there."

I said, "But my parents will not let me go. I would like to go but they will not let me go."

Then the voice said again, "Do not be afraid. I will bring disasters upon the garden of your father if he will not let you go. I will take away my Angels from my garden if he will not let you go."

Then I woke up. Can anybody interpret this dream for me or IS IT JUST A DREAM ?:

Yeah, it's your subconscious conflict bothering you.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 7:35:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/26/2010 11:49:53 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
It means you are gay.
ROFL!

I was going to say it means you love roosters...but that's funnier!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:20:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I find it hard to believe that is a true dream and not just you going on about your gf again.

If its a true dream then it means you need to stop worrying about your dreams so much and start worrying about your real life problems, which include but is not limitied to, tending to your garden, talking to your family, and making whatever plans you need to for your gf.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:37:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/26/2010 10:36:38 PM, sherlockmethod wrote:
You may have been rehearsing this in your head prior to falling asleep and in a near sleep state your thoughts added the vivid imagery which is also associated with Christian myths, i.e. deserts, etc.

rehearsing the dream in ones head before falling asleep to make it happen as your dream? I don't think so. I have repeatedly tried to do just that cause actually sleep dreaming something is a better experience than day dreaming something, so I hoped had I day dreamed it before sleeping I would actually dream that, but that effort failed.
trying to rehears the dream you want in your head fails every time to get it, in fact I suspect it makes it less likely to get you to dream that. maybe because rehearsing it pushes the idea in the most conscious part of your mind and only what you have now nearly forgotten is available for your dream.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:42:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/18/2010 8:37:21 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 6/26/2010 10:36:38 PM, sherlockmethod wrote:
You may have been rehearsing this in your head prior to falling asleep and in a near sleep state your thoughts added the vivid imagery which is also associated with Christian myths, i.e. deserts, etc.

rehearsing the dream in ones head before falling asleep to make it happen as your dream? I don't think so. I have repeatedly tried to do just that cause actually sleep dreaming something is a better experience than day dreaming something, so I hoped had I day dreamed it before sleeping I would actually dream that, but that effort failed.
trying to rehears the dream you want in your head fails every time to get it, in fact I suspect it makes it less likely to get you to dream that. maybe because rehearsing it pushes the idea in the most conscious part of your mind and only what you have now nearly forgotten is available for your dream.

Really? The exact opposite works. I don't usually sleep, and when I do I don't typically dream, but when I do I dream about what I was thinking before only it becomes more vivid more alive, and less of my control.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:53:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/18/2010 8:42:37 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/18/2010 8:37:21 AM, Marauder wrote:

trying to rehears the dream you want in your head fails every time to get it, in fact I suspect it makes it less likely to get you to dream that. maybe because rehearsing it pushes the idea in the most conscious part of your mind and only what you have now nearly forgotten is available for your dream.

Really? The exact opposite works. I don't usually sleep, and when I do I don't typically dream, but when I do I dream about what I was thinking before only it becomes more vivid more alive, and less of my control.

are you practiced in putting yourself in the 'Lucid dreaming' state or are simply that lucky to have dreams in the setting you decided to think about before sleeping?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 8:57:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/18/2010 8:53:22 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 8/18/2010 8:42:37 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/18/2010 8:37:21 AM, Marauder wrote:

trying to rehears the dream you want in your head fails every time to get it, in fact I suspect it makes it less likely to get you to dream that. maybe because rehearsing it pushes the idea in the most conscious part of your mind and only what you have now nearly forgotten is available for your dream.

Really? The exact opposite works. I don't usually sleep, and when I do I don't typically dream, but when I do I dream about what I was thinking before only it becomes more vivid more alive, and less of my control.

are you practiced in putting yourself in the 'Lucid dreaming' state or are simply that lucky to have dreams in the setting you decided to think about before sleeping?

I would say I'm lucky since I haven't actually learned how to control what I dream about and if I dream.
It takes hours for me to fall asleep so I spend the time thinking about what I want to think about. Then I dream about it too.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 9:06:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/18/2010 8:57:12 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/18/2010 8:53:22 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 8/18/2010 8:42:37 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/18/2010 8:37:21 AM, Marauder wrote:

trying to rehears the dream you want in your head fails every time to get it, in fact I suspect it makes it less likely to get you to dream that. maybe because rehearsing it pushes the idea in the most conscious part of your mind and only what you have now nearly forgotten is available for your dream.

Really? The exact opposite works. I don't usually sleep, and when I do I don't typically dream, but when I do I dream about what I was thinking before only it becomes more vivid more alive, and less of my control.

are you practiced in putting yourself in the 'Lucid dreaming' state or are simply that lucky to have dreams in the setting you decided to think about before sleeping?


I would say I'm lucky since I haven't actually learned how to control what I dream about and if I dream.
It takes hours for me to fall asleep so I spend the time thinking about what I want to think about. Then I dream about it too.

think about checking your watch twice in row. if its illogically different or even fails to have numbers on it then your dreaming. or read the same page of a book twice and if it changes or is blank the second time your dreaming.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 9:27:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/18/2010 9:06:56 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 8/18/2010 8:57:12 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/18/2010 8:53:22 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 8/18/2010 8:42:37 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/18/2010 8:37:21 AM, Marauder wrote:

trying to rehears the dream you want in your head fails every time to get it, in fact I suspect it makes it less likely to get you to dream that. maybe because rehearsing it pushes the idea in the most conscious part of your mind and only what you have now nearly forgotten is available for your dream.

Really? The exact opposite works. I don't usually sleep, and when I do I don't typically dream, but when I do I dream about what I was thinking before only it becomes more vivid more alive, and less of my control.

are you practiced in putting yourself in the 'Lucid dreaming' state or are simply that lucky to have dreams in the setting you decided to think about before sleeping?


I would say I'm lucky since I haven't actually learned how to control what I dream about and if I dream.
It takes hours for me to fall asleep so I spend the time thinking about what I want to think about. Then I dream about it too.

think about checking your watch twice in row. if its illogically different or even fails to have numbers on it then your dreaming. or read the same page of a book twice and if it changes or is blank the second time your dreaming.

Thats an interesting theory. I tend to avoid moving and only listen to music when I try to sleep, but I should give that a try.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave