Total Posts:51|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Isn't God wonderful.......?

lastrequest691
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 9:09:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I mean like He loves me. I admit that I am not a good person- I can't forgive easily, I have anger issues, I have a potty mouth and I am full of myself. But God still loves me - Sometimes I wonder who am I that He loves me so much ? I am just a dirt of His footstool yet He loves me.
He cares for me even when I doubt if He is really in control.

There were times that I have led a sinful life but yet He has chosen me to go there. Who am I ?

Do I deserve His love ? No

I can't understand why God would love me so much. I can never understand.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
lastrequest691
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 9:24:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 9:15:44 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
God doesn't exist.

/Thread

You have right to believe in everything but for me God exists.

I used to be a worldy person but slowly the Holy Spirit is telling me to do things that please God. Ofcourse it is not easy to always be obedient but I cam trying and I have slowly started to get close.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 9:26:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 9:24:44 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:15:44 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
God doesn't exist.

/Thread

You have right to believe in everything but for me God exists.

I used to be a worldy person but slowly the Holy Spirit is telling me to do things that please God. Ofcourse it is not easy to always be obedient but I cam trying and I have slowly started to get close.

http://img13.imageshack.us...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 9:28:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 9:26:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:24:44 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:15:44 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
God doesn't exist.

/Thread

You have right to believe in everything but for me God exists.

I used to be a worldy person but slowly the Holy Spirit is telling me to do things that please God. Ofcourse it is not easy to always be obedient but I cam trying and I have slowly started to get close.

http://img13.imageshack.us...

That makes your argument invalid.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 9:31:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 9:09:55 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I mean like He loves me. I admit that I am not a good person- I can't forgive easily, I have anger issues, I have a potty mouth and I am full of myself. But God still loves me - Sometimes I wonder who am I that He loves me so much ? I am just a dirt of His footstool yet He loves me.
He cares for me even when I doubt if He is really in control.

There were times that I have led a sinful life but yet He has chosen me to go there. Who am I ?

Do I deserve His love ? No

I can't understand why God would love me so much. I can never understand.

How do you know that God loves you? Maybe he has unending rage for you, and when you die, he will toss you into hell for eternity?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 11:02:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
You all realise that this is just attention whoring?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Johnicle
Posts: 888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 12:00:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I used to be a worldy person but slowly the Holy Spirit is telling me to do things that please God.

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

-Even in the New Testament (Luke 19:27), Jesus wanted to be king... So he said 'Those who do not want me to be king, bring them, and have them slaughtered before me'

But yeah you're right...... God loves you
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 3:28:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 9:24:44 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I used to be a worldy person

Whoa. You can think and the words appear here then? ...
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 7:28:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 9:09:55 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I mean like He loves me. I admit that I am not a good person-

Yeah, yeah... all have sinned and fall short of the glory... we've heard that one.

I can't forgive easily,

Luk 6:37 - Judge not, and ye shall not be judged.

I have anger issues

Col 3:8- But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips

I have a potty mouth

Ep 4:29a - Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths

I am full of myself.

Ecc 10:12a - The beginning of pride is when one departs from God

*******************************

2 Cor 26:10 - Let favour be showed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness.

Sounds like you are *&@%'ed and God really doesn't love you...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 8:53:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 9:26:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:24:44 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:15:44 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
God doesn't exist.

/Thread

You have right to believe in everything but for me God exists.

I used to be a worldy person but slowly the Holy Spirit is telling me to do things that please God. Ofcourse it is not easy to always be obedient but I cam trying and I have slowly started to get close.

http://img13.imageshack.us...

Man dancing with chicken in front of a rainbow?

Dammmnn.... God doesn't love you, lastrequest691. End of story.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 8:55:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 8:53:46 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:26:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:24:44 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:15:44 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
God doesn't exist.

/Thread

You have right to believe in everything but for me God exists.

I used to be a worldy person but slowly the Holy Spirit is telling me to do things that please God. Ofcourse it is not easy to always be obedient but I cam trying and I have slowly started to get close.

http://img13.imageshack.us...

Man dancing with chicken in front of a rainbow?

The key is a BLACK man with FRIED chicken.

Dammmnn.... God doesn't love you, lastrequest691. End of story.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 8:57:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 8:55:55 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/27/2010 8:53:46 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:26:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:24:44 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:15:44 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
God doesn't exist.

/Thread

You have right to believe in everything but for me God exists.

I used to be a worldy person but slowly the Holy Spirit is telling me to do things that please God. Ofcourse it is not easy to always be obedient but I cam trying and I have slowly started to get close.

http://img13.imageshack.us...

Man dancing with chicken in front of a rainbow?

The key is a BLACK man with FRIED chicken.

Dammmnn.... God doesn't love you, lastrequest691. End of story.

Are you sure somebody didn't go and film Koopin? I'm sure he does that all the time while eating KFC. ;)
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 9:04:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 8:55:55 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/27/2010 8:53:46 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:26:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:24:44 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:15:44 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
God doesn't exist.

/Thread

You have right to believe in everything but for me God exists.

I used to be a worldy person but slowly the Holy Spirit is telling me to do things that please God. Ofcourse it is not easy to always be obedient but I cam trying and I have slowly started to get close.

http://img13.imageshack.us...

Man dancing with chicken in front of a rainbow?

The key is a BLACK man with FRIED chicken.

Dammmnn.... God doesn't love you, lastrequest691. End of story.

True. FRIED chicken... That will be you soon, lastrequest691. Fried in the pits of eternal damnation. Hopefully you have better music than this black guy...
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 4:40:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 9:09:55 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I mean like He loves me. I admit that I am not a good person- I can't forgive easily, I have anger issues, I have a potty mouth and I am full of myself. But God still loves me - Sometimes I wonder who am I that He loves me so much ? I am just a dirt of His footstool yet He loves me.
He cares for me even when I doubt if He is really in control.

There were times that I have led a sinful life but yet He has chosen me to go there. Who am I ?

Do I deserve His love ? No

I can't understand why God would love me so much. I can never understand.

He loves you for one reason and one reason alone:

You have accepted His Son, His Word, His meaning, His True Testimony of His Character; Jesus Christ.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."
The Cross.. the Cross.
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 7:02:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Year 28: " Everyone! accept Christ, receive heaven! Oh no, a cross"

Year 200: "Hey, Rome, accept Christ, receive heaven!, oh no, Rome is falling!"

Year 700: "Hey, Mohammed, accept Christ, recei-" *censored due to explicit violence and oh god I didn't know you could do that with thumbs*

year 1000: "Hey, heathens, die by my sword, receive heaven, hey is that a cata-" squish.

Year 1400: "hey, witch, accept drowning, receive apology for not being a witch"

Year 1800: "Hey, Africa, accept christ, receive heaven...there's no way these Zulu people can actually hurt us, right?"

Year 2001: yeah I'm not even gonna bother.

So uh...quite a few christian deaths there. That eternal life thing not shown up yet I see.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 2:58:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/28/2010 7:02:44 PM, Veridas wrote:
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Year 28: " Everyone! accept Christ, receive heaven! Oh no, a cross"

Year 200: "Hey, Rome, accept Christ, receive heaven!, oh no, Rome is falling!"

Year 700: "Hey, Mohammed, accept Christ, recei-" *censored due to explicit violence and oh god I didn't know you could do that with thumbs*

year 1000: "Hey, heathens, die by my sword, receive heaven, hey is that a cata-" squish.

Year 1400: "hey, witch, accept drowning, receive apology for not being a witch"

Year 1800: "Hey, Africa, accept christ, receive heaven...there's no way these Zulu people can actually hurt us, right?"

Year 2001: yeah I'm not even gonna bother.

So uh...quite a few christian deaths there. That eternal life thing not shown up yet I see.

Thank you for describing satans historical attack on God's Word.

Which is exactly WHY we pay no heed to historical Christianity; ONLY the gospels.. The whole 'Catholic fathers' thing is unscriptural claptrap.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 3:30:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/29/2010 2:58:57 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/28/2010 7:02:44 PM, Veridas wrote:
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Year 28: " Everyone! accept Christ, receive heaven! Oh no, a cross"

Year 200: "Hey, Rome, accept Christ, receive heaven!, oh no, Rome is falling!"

Year 700: "Hey, Mohammed, accept Christ, recei-" *censored due to explicit violence and oh god I didn't know you could do that with thumbs*

year 1000: "Hey, heathens, die by my sword, receive heaven, hey is that a cata-" squish.

Year 1400: "hey, witch, accept drowning, receive apology for not being a witch"

Year 1800: "Hey, Africa, accept christ, receive heaven...there's no way these Zulu people can actually hurt us, right?"

Year 2001: yeah I'm not even gonna bother.

So uh...quite a few christian deaths there. That eternal life thing not shown up yet I see.

Thank you for describing satans historical attack on God's Word.

Which is exactly WHY we pay no heed to historical Christianity; ONLY the gospels.. The whole 'Catholic fathers' thing is unscriptural claptrap.

Indeed! Ignore the crimes of my church! we're not bigots! death to the homosexuals! ignore what I just said! Do as I say, not as I do!

Next you're going to tell me that all the pederasts in the church are agents of satan.

Also way to miss the point, even if Satan was off masturbating to cow porn I still can't help but notice a lack of eternal life in any christian in any time period up to and including the guy who pretty much brought the whole reformed system of belief to mankind and who was the son of a deity, and had an immense advanatge what with that son of deity business.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2010 3:30:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/29/2010 3:30:00 AM, Veridas wrote:
At 6/29/2010 2:58:57 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/28/2010 7:02:44 PM, Veridas wrote:
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Year 28: " Everyone! accept Christ, receive heaven! Oh no, a cross"

Year 200: "Hey, Rome, accept Christ, receive heaven!, oh no, Rome is falling!"

Year 700: "Hey, Mohammed, accept Christ, recei-" *censored due to explicit violence and oh god I didn't know you could do that with thumbs*

year 1000: "Hey, heathens, die by my sword, receive heaven, hey is that a cata-" squish.

Year 1400: "hey, witch, accept drowning, receive apology for not being a witch"

Year 1800: "Hey, Africa, accept christ, receive heaven...there's no way these Zulu people can actually hurt us, right?"

Year 2001: yeah I'm not even gonna bother.

So uh...quite a few christian deaths there. That eternal life thing not shown up yet I see.

Thank you for describing satans historical attack on God's Word.

Which is exactly WHY we pay no heed to historical Christianity; ONLY the gospels.. The whole 'Catholic fathers' thing is unscriptural claptrap.

Indeed! Ignore the crimes of my church! we're not bigots! death to the homosexuals! ignore what I just said! Do as I say, not as I do!

Next you're going to tell me that all the pederasts in the church are agents of satan.

Also way to miss the point, even if Satan was off masturbating to cow porn I still can't help but notice a lack of eternal life in any christian in any time period up to and including the guy who pretty much brought the whole reformed system of belief to mankind and who was the son of a deity, and had an immense advanatge what with that son of deity business.

Listen carefully, you may even learn something..

IF I state that I am a Manchester United football club fan BUT; NEVER go to a game, DON'T even know the name of a single player, have NO interest in the final result or indeed WHO they played.. etc etc

Then, HOW? in WHAT SENSE? am I a Manchester Utd F.C fan?

SO, If members of a Church, who CALL themselves Christians but FAIL to live by the core teaching of Jesus Christ (MERCY over judgment, DYING to ones selfish desires, LOVING our enemies, REPENTING of sin ETC ETC ETC) Then HOW? in WHAT SENSE? may we call them Christians?

To judge Christ or His Church or His people (His true disciples) by the Catholic Church or the crimes of individuals who do not follow Christ is like judging Manchester Utd F.C by me.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2010 8:43:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/30/2010 3:30:09 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Listen carefully, you may even learn something..

Dact, the day I learn something from you is the day a rabid murderer drills a hole in my skull, f*cks it, fills it with cum, f*cks it again and then plugs it with a cork and wishes me a good day. That is how brainf*cked I'd have to be to learn anything from you other than "hello I'm a theist, I'm fine with bigotry and murder so long as we're the ones doing it." You are the precise opposite of rational intellect, you are at best a f*cking idiot and at worst a sh!teating hypocrite.

IF I state that I am a Manchester United football club fan BUT; NEVER go to a game, DON'T even know the name of a single player, have NO interest in the final result or indeed WHO they played.. Etc etc

Then, HOW? In WHAT SENSE? Am I a Manchester Utd F.C fan?

Loyalty isn't defined by interest, loyalty isn't defined by how much you know about what you're loyal to. England are out of the world cup now but I never watched a game, I don't know what the scores are, hell I only know we're out from all the screaming I heard. I still hoped we'd win, I still supported them, they're my country. The fact that you know nothing about loyalty makes me wonder if you really are loyal to what mankind defines as "god."


SO, If members of a Church, who CALL themselves Christians but FAIL to live by the core teaching of Jesus Christ (MERCY over judgment, DYING to ones selfish desires, LOVING our enemies, REPENTING of sin ETC ETC ETC) Then HOW? In WHAT SENSE? May we call them Christians?

The word of god is typically recorded by man. Man is inherently fallible and corruptible, give a man any kind of power and his use of it by definition must be suspect. You want a good example pertaining to religion, go look up Henry the Eighth. Unless you are god, you can't say what makes a "good" christian and what doesn't, because for all you know the catholic view is the warped and backwards version, because it is regulated and ruled and run and updated and comprised of and practised by men.

You don't have the right to judge people based on their divine affinity because you have no divinity. You do not know god, you only know what mankind says about god, and mankind historically says things about god that are beneficial only to those who already believe it. Witches, heretics, manifest destiny, the expansion and rule of the British Empire, the strength of armies, the Crusades, the Inquisition, all of these have been connected with god's will. Hell, right now in specific African provinces, Albino women are killed for being witches, why? Because god wills it. An Albino woman, in case you don't know, is a woman born with no melanin pigment in her skin. As far as I'm aware it's a rare conditions affecting black people, I don't know if it affects white, asian or any other race and I don't really care to look it up. People right now are dying because of what they believe is right in god's eyes, and their source for what is right in god's eyes is no more advanced and no older and no less mankind-influenced than yours. If you had any sense then you'd trim that pathetic excuse for a beard, sorry, if you had any sense then you'd realise that god, if he exists, is not about what mankind wants and anytime god is said to push for anything that could benefit the person telling you that god wants it, it should be considered suspect at best and a heresy at worst. Instead you embrace it because someone has told you that god says it's right, and that's good enough for you.

To judge Christ or His Church or His people (His true disciples) by the Catholic Church or the crimes of individuals who do not follow Christ is like judging Manchester Utd F.C by me.

A bit like saying that all christians suck because they don't pray five times a day like muslims do.

The thing that you theists never seem to understand is that if god exists in the format that you claim he exists then his word can be twisted and warped to serve the individual and none of you will know the difference. With that in mind, how can you trust any kind of man-made source like the bible or the torah or the qu'ran when it was written by men, about men and for men with god simply as the narrator, the Obi Wan trope. god is not defined by man, man is defined by what man says about god, to that extent you should at least question what man says about god. Believe in god by all means, believe that the universe was created and is controlled by an ultimate deity, it's by no means the worst thing you can believe, but question what mankind, fallible, flawed mankind, mankind that was cast from the garden of eden for treachery, mankind that has warred against itself in god's name despite the divine command "thou shalt not kill" man that has said "god wants this which is convenient because I want it too and I know god wants it because I'm a high priest, I totally know this sh!t" man that has created and published and translated and most importantly, edited and re-written holy books and scripture that you are expected to take as fact, that you are expected to believe unquestioningly, and that you are expected to agree with no matter what the consequences to you or to your sense of morality.

Maybe if you do that then you'd understand what god truly is, whether he exists or not.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2010 9:50:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Religion is good when used as a way to guide your life, like a philosophy. Of course it turns evil when its an excuse for hatred and war, and destroying people, and making people scared.

Most christians (I guess any religion is like it, but I don't know many ppl that aren't Christian or atheist) I talk to including my mom (now I did say most, I know there are some out there that aren't like that and their my fave kind, just stick to their beliefs and leave others alone) pretty much say "If you don't believe exactly what I do, and what I say then God will have you burn forever. It doesn't matter how well you live your life, how christlike and perfect you try to be, if you don't believe then you burn. Being good and trying isn't good enough BELIEVE NOW!! oh and here's a shirt with a bible verse on it :D"

Plus many ppl use Christianity to back up making gays feel unnaccepted, trying to ban their freedoms, attack them as a person, even in extreme cases killing them because "the bible says homosexuality is wrong" the bible also said don't judge others, its God's place not yours, so mind your own business, and don't worry about other peoples personal choices.

But we'll ignore that because we said it was in the name of God, so it can't be wrong!

Also ignore that he killed off most of the human race to cover up his mistakes with them, but he's all knowing, so he doesn't make mistakes, he planned on it from the beginning :D

Then ppl saying you aren't Christian and wont go to heaven because you didn't get baptized...? wtf. It's symbolic, yes, but I don't think it would matter to God if you were splashed with water a little.

Well I'm bored of typing up faults at the moment, plus I SHOULD go clean.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2010 10:00:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/1/2010 9:50:01 PM, lovelife wrote:
Religion is good when used as a way to guide your life, like a philosophy. Of course it turns evil when its an excuse for hatred and war, and destroying people, and making people scared.

Obviously.

Most christians (I guess any religion is like it, but I don't know many ppl that aren't Christian or atheist) I talk to including my mom (now I did say most, I know there are some out there that aren't like that and their my fave kind, just stick to their beliefs and leave others alone) pretty much say "If you don't believe exactly what I do, and what I say then God will have you burn forever. It doesn't matter how well you live your life, how christlike and perfect you try to be, if you don't believe then you burn. Being good and trying isn't good enough BELIEVE NOW!! oh and here's a shirt with a bible verse on it :D"

I don't like that either. Those types of Christians anger me.

Plus many ppl use Christianity to back up making gays feel unnaccepted, trying to ban their freedoms, attack them as a person, even in extreme cases killing them because "the bible says homosexuality is wrong" the bible also said don't judge others, its God's place not yours, so mind your own business, and don't worry about other peoples personal choices.

Understood and agreed.

But we'll ignore that because we said it was in the name of God, so it can't be wrong!

Also ignore that he killed off most of the human race to cover up his mistakes with them, but he's all knowing, so he doesn't make mistakes, he planned on it from the beginning :D


Then ppl saying you aren't Christian and wont go to heaven because you didn't get baptized...? wtf. It's symbolic, yes, but I don't think it would matter to God if you were splashed with water a little.

Well I'm bored of typing up faults at the moment, plus I SHOULD go clean.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2010 10:19:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/1/2010 10:00:22 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/1/2010 9:50:01 PM, lovelife wrote:
Religion is good when used as a way to guide your life, like a philosophy. Of course it turns evil when its an excuse for hatred and war, and destroying people, and making people scared.

Obviously.

Most christians (I guess any religion is like it, but I don't know many ppl that aren't Christian or atheist) I talk to including my mom (now I did say most, I know there are some out there that aren't like that and their my fave kind, just stick to their beliefs and leave others alone) pretty much say "If you don't believe exactly what I do, and what I say then God will have you burn forever. It doesn't matter how well you live your life, how christlike and perfect you try to be, if you don't believe then you burn. Being good and trying isn't good enough BELIEVE NOW!! oh and here's a shirt with a bible verse on it :D"

I don't like that either. Those types of Christians anger me.

Plus many ppl use Christianity to back up making gays feel unnaccepted, trying to ban their freedoms, attack them as a person, even in extreme cases killing them because "the bible says homosexuality is wrong" the bible also said don't judge others, its God's place not yours, so mind your own business, and don't worry about other peoples personal choices.

Understood and agreed.

But we'll ignore that because we said it was in the name of God, so it can't be wrong!

Also ignore that he killed off most of the human race to cover up his mistakes with them, but he's all knowing, so he doesn't make mistakes, he planned on it from the beginning :D


Then ppl saying you aren't Christian and wont go to heaven because you didn't get baptized...? wtf. It's symbolic, yes, but I don't think it would matter to God if you were splashed with water a little.

Well I'm bored of typing up faults at the moment, plus I SHOULD go clean.

lol is there any of that that you don't agree with?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 5:07:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/1/2010 9:50:01 PM, lovelife wrote:
Religion is good when used as a way to guide your life, like a philosophy. Of course it turns evil when its an excuse for hatred and war, and destroying people, and making people scared.

Most christians (I guess any religion is like it, but I don't know many ppl that aren't Christian or atheist) I talk to including my mom (now I did say most, I know there are some out there that aren't like that and their my fave kind, just stick to their beliefs and leave others alone) pretty much say "If you don't believe exactly what I do, and what I say then God will have you burn forever. It doesn't matter how well you live your life, how christlike and perfect you try to be, if you don't believe then you burn. Being good and trying isn't good enough BELIEVE NOW!! oh and here's a shirt with a bible verse on it :D"

Plus many ppl use Christianity to back up making gays feel unnaccepted, trying to ban their freedoms, attack them as a person, even in extreme cases killing them because "the bible says homosexuality is wrong" the bible also said don't judge others, its God's place not yours, so mind your own business, and don't worry about other peoples personal choices.

But we'll ignore that because we said it was in the name of God, so it can't be wrong!

Also ignore that he killed off most of the human race to cover up his mistakes with them, but he's all knowing, so he doesn't make mistakes, he planned on it from the beginning :D


Then ppl saying you aren't Christian and wont go to heaven because you didn't get baptized...? wtf. It's symbolic, yes, but I don't think it would matter to God if you were splashed with water a little.

Well I'm bored of typing up faults at the moment, plus I SHOULD go clean.

The bible literally says to stone gays.

If a christian takes the OT as the word of God... I would completely understand why that (and solid belief in God) would make them want to stone gays.

this is one example of why I don't like religion.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 6:37:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 5:07:39 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

The bible literally says to stone gays.

If a christian takes the OT as the word of God... I would completely understand why that (and solid belief in God) would make them want to stone gays.

this is one example of why I don't like religion.

Same. I think someone just put that in because they didn't like gays.
The world is overpopulated as is. We need some more gays to keep from growing as quickly. Not saying everyone should turn gay, saying that those who are shouldn't be forced to hide from christian groups against them.

The bible supposedly teaches love and understanding and living a good life, but they take that as an excuse to become a hate group.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 6:39:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Btw God is wonderful....in the same way a demented Santa Clause is wonderful. Giving presents to the good that believe in him, killing with a flame thrower the ones that aren't good, and/or don't believe.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
vivalayeo
Posts: 142
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 7:41:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/27/2010 9:09:55 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I mean like He loves me. I admit that I am not a good person- I can't forgive easily, I have anger issues, I have a potty mouth and I am full of myself. But God still loves me - Sometimes I wonder who am I that He loves me so much ? I am just a dirt of His footstool yet He loves me.
He cares for me even when I doubt if He is really in control.

There were times that I have led a sinful life but yet He has chosen me to go there. Who am I ?

Do I deserve His love ? No

I can't understand why God would love me so much. I can never understand.

You're right! He loves you so much, if you don't appeal to his jealousy he will condemn you to an eternity of hellfire and damnation. What a swell guy. Well, atleast there is beer in hell
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 7:59:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 7:41:18 AM, vivalayeo wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:09:55 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I mean like He loves me. I admit that I am not a good person- I can't forgive easily, I have anger issues, I have a potty mouth and I am full of myself. But God still loves me - Sometimes I wonder who am I that He loves me so much ? I am just a dirt of His footstool yet He loves me.
He cares for me even when I doubt if He is really in control.

There were times that I have led a sinful life but yet He has chosen me to go there. Who am I ?

Do I deserve His love ? No

I can't understand why God would love me so much. I can never understand.

You're right! He loves you so much, if you don't appeal to his jealousy he will condemn you to an eternity of hellfire and damnation. What a swell guy. Well, atleast there is beer in hell

I'm writing a few books on how Satan and his demon daughters are the fighters for good and God just wouldn't listen so sent him to hell to be tortured, by forcing him to torture humans. Of course he uses the ones in hell to become his army to fight the followers and make the earth a place of peace happiness and natural beauty. Its kinda based off the bible, but I'm sure alot of christians will hate it, and say I'm satanic, and be offended. Really the point is to show people theres more than one side. Theres no such thing as all good, because good needs evil to cancel it out. Yin and Yang, I guess, but no being can be all good, because every being, superior or not, needs to also have that balance.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 8:02:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Actually I'm sure I'm gunna throw in some lez scenes too. The 3-6 main demons (depending on how much I feel like writing) are all sisters (half sisters, they are all born from mortal women and of course their daddy satan, maybe Armageddon will be the exception, and be born by God, just to be thrown asside. Not sure yet.) and they do some torture work in the hell that homophobes go to. (naturally not all homophobes go to hell since God created homophobia, and called it rightous, but some do)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 9:15:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 7:59:02 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 7:41:18 AM, vivalayeo wrote:
At 6/27/2010 9:09:55 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I mean like He loves me. I admit that I am not a good person- I can't forgive easily, I have anger issues, I have a potty mouth and I am full of myself. But God still loves me - Sometimes I wonder who am I that He loves me so much ? I am just a dirt of His footstool yet He loves me.
He cares for me even when I doubt if He is really in control.

There were times that I have led a sinful life but yet He has chosen me to go there. Who am I ?

Do I deserve His love ? No

I can't understand why God would love me so much. I can never understand.

You're right! He loves you so much, if you don't appeal to his jealousy he will condemn you to an eternity of hellfire and damnation. What a swell guy. Well, atleast there is beer in hell

I'm writing a few books on how Satan and his demon daughters are the fighters for good and God just wouldn't listen so sent him to hell to be tortured, by forcing him to torture humans. Of course he uses the ones in hell to become his army to fight the followers and make the earth a place of peace happiness and natural beauty. Its kinda based off the bible, but I'm sure alot of christians will hate it, and say I'm satanic, and be offended. Really the point is to show people theres more than one side. Theres no such thing as all good, because good needs evil to cancel it out. Yin and Yang, I guess, but no being can be all good, because every being, superior or not, needs to also have that balance.

See this here betray's your fundemental misunderstanding about
1)God
2)Satan
3)The nature of Hell and Heaven
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.