Seeking some moral/ethical advice

Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 8:30:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I need some advice for a particular question
Is it okay to give a girl some hope that she might be able to get back together with you one day even if you think it is a remote possibility mind you you aren't leading her on just giving her a little bit of hope is that wrong?
Comments questions or advice
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 8:46:15 PM
At 6/28/2010 8:30:00 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
Is it okay to give a girl some hope that she might be able to get back together with you one day even if you think it is a remote possibility mind you you aren't leading her on just giving her a little bit of hope is that wrong?

Well, you can't write off anybody indefinitely since things change but if you're giving her false hope, that's not exactly "nice".

If you are more than 75% sure that you don't want to get back together with her, just tell her. Let her move on to some other guy, without the thought of "He might come back to me!" circling in her head.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 8:47:59 PM
At 6/28/2010 8:46:15 PM, annhasle wrote:

Well, you can't write off anybody indefinitely since things change but if you're giving her false hope, that's not exactly "nice".

If you are more than 75% sure that you don't want to get back together with her, just tell her. Let her move on to some other guy, without the thought of "He might come back to me!" circling in her head.

Thank you very much for the advice
is anyone else out there wanting to comment?
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 8:51:51 PM
At 6/28/2010 8:47:59 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 6/28/2010 8:46:15 PM, annhasle wrote:

Thank you very much for the advice
is anyone else out there wanting to comment?

What ann said. Personally, I have done this various times to women, and it usually just ends up in a mess. Set her straight.
ravenwaen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 9:28:25 PM

False hope really messes people up. Don't put her through that, even if it might seem like what she wants to hear.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 9:30:12 PM
Ignorance is bliss... until truth smacks you in the face.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 9:30:20 PM
At 6/28/2010 9:28:25 PM, ravenwaen wrote:

False hope really messes people up. Don't put her through that, even if it might seem like what she wants to hear.

Trust me. Listen to this. This happened during my freshman year, and ended up with someone moving to a different school.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 9:31:09 PM
At 6/28/2010 9:30:12 PM, annhasle wrote:

First part = Fahrenheit 451

Latter part = Personification

Nice literary technique!
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 9:34:06 PM
At 6/28/2010 9:30:20 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/28/2010 9:28:25 PM, ravenwaen wrote:

Trust me. Listen to this. This happened during my freshman year, and ended up with someone moving to a different school.

Same. I was on the receiving end so I know what the girl will go through. She's a big girl; she can get through it. You might think that you're protecting her and that it's a harmless little white lie. But she can misconstrue it into a promise of your return, very easily. Or when you find a girl you really want to be with; you'll have to break it to the first one, which can blow up in your face BIG TIME and then deal with the second one asking why you didn't tell the truth. Not the best way to start of a relationship, right? It just gets messier and messier.... 0_0
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 9:34:35 PM
At 6/28/2010 9:31:09 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/28/2010 9:30:12 PM, annhasle wrote:

First part = Fahrenheit 451

Latter part = Personification

Nice literary technique!

Why, thank you! :D
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 9:43:09 PM

Please use periods. That was very annoying to read.

In any case, the truth would be good here.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 9:58:41 PM
At 6/28/2010 9:43:09 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Please use periods. That was very annoying to read.

In any case, the truth would be good here.

lol... why? in lieu of periods, he simply started a new line. you need to be prompted for everything? :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 2:23:11 AM
At 6/28/2010 9:58:41 PM, belle wrote:

lol... why? in lieu of periods, he simply started a new line. you need to be prompted for everything? :P

It's abit more than just missed lines.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 3:18:08 AM

I think it's wrong, yes. Be utterly truthful; better the hurt now than later.

Plus you probably like the attention so it may be a form of self-flattery to keep her hanging on.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 3:26:59 AM

A remote possibility, you can't string someone along like that.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 1:06:58 PM

I had to reread his second and third sentences, "Is it okay to give a girl some hope that she might be able to get back together with you one day even if you think it is a remote possibility mind you you aren't leading her on just giving her a little bit of hope is that wrong?"

That I had to backtrack is annoying.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 1:07:45 PM
At 6/29/2010 1:06:58 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

I had to reread his second and third sentences, "Is it okay to give a girl some hope that she might be able to get back together with you one day even if you think it is a remote possibility mind you you aren't leading her on just giving her a little bit of hope is that wrong?"

Paraphrase could have been much easier to read.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 1:19:18 PM
At 6/29/2010 1:07:45 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/29/2010 1:06:58 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Paraphrase [sic] could have been much easier to read.

belle said that StrikeEagle simply starts a new line for each new sentence.

I wanted to point out that this was wrong. To push this point, I had to quote.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2010 3:42:41 PM

I don't think there;s anything morally wrong with it, but you're teetering on the douchebag line there.

Probably better to give more generalist encouragement where relationships are concerned, talk about there being many more fish in the sea and how it's always darkest before the dawn and how she shouldn't believe in herself but believe in you who believes in her and how hers is the drill that will pierce the heavens and I forgot where I was going with this.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?