Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

YOU AIN'T GOT NO PANCAKE MiX!

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2010 11:49:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Next time one of those annoying street preachers come up to ya screwin your ears fulla Jesus, this is all you gotta do..
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:02:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/1/2010 11:54:09 PM, badger wrote:
i wish we had street preachers in ireland.

As some of you may know, I'm pretending to be a Christian, so I can participate in a fun youth group in my area. I was actually offered to go preach at McDonalds! Should, I do it?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:02:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
<sarcasm>Because that makes you look completly intelligent and not like a moronic disruptive simpleton, and it doesn't make it seem like your understanding of manners is about the same as a rabid squirrels.</sarcasm>
Actually ya know what, I forgot we were dealing with humanity it probably would increase your standing in the eyes of the people around you
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:02:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 12:02:07 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/1/2010 11:54:09 PM, badger wrote:
i wish we had street preachers in ireland.

As some of you may know, I'm pretending to be a Christian, so I can participate in a fun youth group in my area. I was actually offered to go preach at McDonalds! Should, I do it?

No
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:03:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 12:02:07 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/1/2010 11:54:09 PM, badger wrote:
i wish we had street preachers in ireland.

As some of you may know, I'm pretending to be a Christian, so I can participate in a fun youth group in my area. I was actually offered to go preach at McDonalds! Should, I do it?

you should go preach in iraq.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:08:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 12:06:16 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/2/2010 12:05:19 AM, badger wrote:
i'm only joking.

not you

so you'll consider preaching in iraq?
signature
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:10:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 12:08:26 AM, badger wrote:
At 7/2/2010 12:06:16 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/2/2010 12:05:19 AM, badger wrote:
i'm only joking.

not you

so you'll consider preaching in iraq?

LMAO, I don't feel like being blown-up, thank you very much.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 5:31:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 12:02:13 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
<sarcasm>Because that makes you look completly intelligent and not like a moronic disruptive simpleton, and it doesn't make it seem like your understanding of manners is about the same as a rabid squirrels.</sarcasm>
Actually ya know what, I forgot we were dealing with humanity it probably would increase your standing in the eyes of the people around you

Because people shouting at you on the streets that you're a sinner and need to be saved are the epitome of good manners.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 6:25:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 5:31:38 AM, Yvette wrote:
At 7/2/2010 12:02:13 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
<sarcasm>Because that makes you look completly intelligent and not like a moronic disruptive simpleton, and it doesn't make it seem like your understanding of manners is about the same as a rabid squirrels.</sarcasm>
Actually ya know what, I forgot we were dealing with humanity it probably would increase your standing in the eyes of the people around you

Because people shouting at you on the streets that you're a sinner and need to be saved are the epitome of good manners.

you should take pity on the deluded. would you say the same of a person who shouted at you to warn you that you were about to get hit by a car?
signature
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 7:23:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 6:25:06 AM, badger wrote:
At 7/2/2010 5:31:38 AM, Yvette wrote:
At 7/2/2010 12:02:13 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
<sarcasm>Because that makes you look completly intelligent and not like a moronic disruptive simpleton, and it doesn't make it seem like your understanding of manners is about the same as a rabid squirrels.</sarcasm>
Actually ya know what, I forgot we were dealing with humanity it probably would increase your standing in the eyes of the people around you

Because people shouting at you on the streets that you're a sinner and need to be saved are the epitome of good manners.

you should take pity on the deluded. would you say the same of a person who shouted at you to warn you that you were about to get hit by a car?

Nope. But I would say the same of a person who was shouting in my ears and harassing me that karma would catch up on me via being hit by a car because I was so evil, despite them not knowing a thing about me.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 7:56:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

unless it's datcmoto.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 7:57:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 7:23:37 AM, Yvette wrote:
At 7/2/2010 6:25:06 AM, badger wrote:
At 7/2/2010 5:31:38 AM, Yvette wrote:
At 7/2/2010 12:02:13 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
<sarcasm>Because that makes you look completly intelligent and not like a moronic disruptive simpleton, and it doesn't make it seem like your understanding of manners is about the same as a rabid squirrels.</sarcasm>
Actually ya know what, I forgot we were dealing with humanity it probably would increase your standing in the eyes of the people around you

Because people shouting at you on the streets that you're a sinner and need to be saved are the epitome of good manners.

you should take pity on the deluded. would you say the same of a person who shouted at you to warn you that you were about to get hit by a car?

Nope. But I would say the same of a person who was shouting in my ears and harassing me that karma would catch up on me via being hit by a car because I was so evil, despite them not knowing a thing about me.

they're not shouting at you specifically.
signature
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:20:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

Thats really sexist and as a person I am quite offended
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:21:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 10:20:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

Thats really sexist and as a person I am quite offended

Still do you think he was justified in screaming at that woman who until that point had not interaction with him
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:22:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 10:20:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

Thats really sexist and as a person I am quite offended

HAHAHA!!!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:36:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 10:21:28 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:20:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

Thats really sexist and as a person I am quite offended

Still do you think he was justified in screaming at that woman who until that point had not interaction with him

No but "as a MALE you don't point in a WOMAN'S face" As a person, you shouldn't point in ANYONES face. The wording is what was offensive. Would it be more justified if he yelled at another guy? Or if it was a woman yelling at her?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:37:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 10:36:09 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:21:28 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:20:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

Thats really sexist and as a person I am quite offended

Still do you think he was justified in screaming at that woman who until that point had not interaction with him

No but "as a MALE you don't point in a WOMAN'S face" As a person, you shouldn't point in ANYONES face. The wording is what was offensive. Would it be more justified if he yelled at another guy? Or if it was a woman yelling at her?

In our society it would be seen as less rude and abrasive
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:41:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 10:36:09 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:21:28 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:20:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

Thats really sexist and as a person I am quite offended

Still do you think he was justified in screaming at that woman who until that point had not interaction with him

No but "as a MALE you don't point in a WOMAN'S face" As a person, you shouldn't point in ANYONES face. The wording is what was offensive. Would it be more justified if he yelled at another guy? Or if it was a woman yelling at her?

The genders are equal, but they are still different. Different in biology and still different in how they are socialised. As a result the physical presence of a woman should be more respected, direct physical confrontation should be avoided. He could have yelled his nonsense at her from ten foot away, he chose to confront her face to face and jab a finger in her eye. This would be inapropriate male to male, more so with a young male to an older female. Humiliate her for cheap giggles, but don't intimidate her.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:46:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 10:41:17 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:36:09 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:21:28 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:20:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

Thats really sexist and as a person I am quite offended

Still do you think he was justified in screaming at that woman who until that point had not interaction with him

No but "as a MALE you don't point in a WOMAN'S face" As a person, you shouldn't point in ANYONES face. The wording is what was offensive. Would it be more justified if he yelled at another guy? Or if it was a woman yelling at her?

The genders are equal, but they are still different. Different in biology and still different in how they are socialised. As a result the physical presence of a woman should be more respected, direct physical confrontation should be avoided. He could have yelled his nonsense at her from ten foot away, he chose to confront her face to face and jab a finger in her eye. This would be inapropriate male to male, more so with a young male to an older female. Humiliate her for cheap giggles, but don't intimidate her.

that still sounds really sexist. I do not/will not let anyone intimidate me. I am barely 5 ft tall, pretty skinny, not athletic at all, and if any guy tries to say anything about my gender I can have him down on the ground in 2 secs flat, did that with a guy 3-4 years older than me been in wrestling a few years, body builer wannabe. Of course that time I fought dirty and hit him were it hurts after distracting him by grabbing my friend's boobs.

It's inapropriate to get up in anyones face, and its also inapropriate to say that one gender is weaker than the other. As a tyipical rule the different genders have different strengths/weaknesses, but that is not always the case.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:50:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 10:46:13 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:41:17 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:36:09 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:21:28 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:20:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

Thats really sexist and as a person I am quite offended

Still do you think he was justified in screaming at that woman who until that point had not interaction with him

No but "as a MALE you don't point in a WOMAN'S face" As a person, you shouldn't point in ANYONES face. The wording is what was offensive. Would it be more justified if he yelled at another guy? Or if it was a woman yelling at her?

The genders are equal, but they are still different. Different in biology and still different in how they are socialised. As a result the physical presence of a woman should be more respected, direct physical confrontation should be avoided. He could have yelled his nonsense at her from ten foot away, he chose to confront her face to face and jab a finger in her eye. This would be inapropriate male to male, more so with a young male to an older female. Humiliate her for cheap giggles, but don't intimidate her.

that still sounds really sexist.

No it does not.. Sexism is where you assign someone less value due to their gender.

I do not/will not let anyone intimidate me. I am barely 5 ft tall, pretty skinny, not athletic at all, and if any guy tries to say anything about my gender I can have him down on the ground in 2 secs flat, did that with a guy 3-4 years older than me been in wrestling a few years, body builer wannabe. Of course that time I fought dirty and hit him were it hurts after distracting him by grabbing my friend's boobs.

It's excellent that you can and do stand up for yourself and your friends. That does not alter anything I have said.

It's inapropriate to get up in anyones face, and its also inapropriate to say that one gender is weaker than the other. As a tyipical rule the different genders have different strengths/weaknesses, but that is not always the case.

That's sexist.
According to you.

*does a victory dance*
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:56:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 10:50:49 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:46:13 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:41:17 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:36:09 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:21:28 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:20:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

Thats really sexist and as a person I am quite offended

Still do you think he was justified in screaming at that woman who until that point had not interaction with him

No but "as a MALE you don't point in a WOMAN'S face" As a person, you shouldn't point in ANYONES face. The wording is what was offensive. Would it be more justified if he yelled at another guy? Or if it was a woman yelling at her?

The genders are equal, but they are still different. Different in biology and still different in how they are socialised. As a result the physical presence of a woman should be more respected, direct physical confrontation should be avoided. He could have yelled his nonsense at her from ten foot away, he chose to confront her face to face and jab a finger in her eye. This would be inapropriate male to male, more so with a young male to an older female. Humiliate her for cheap giggles, but don't intimidate her.

that still sounds really sexist.

No it does not.. Sexism is where you assign someone less value due to their gender.

I do not/will not let anyone intimidate me. I am barely 5 ft tall, pretty skinny, not athletic at all, and if any guy tries to say anything about my gender I can have him down on the ground in 2 secs flat, did that with a guy 3-4 years older than me been in wrestling a few years, body builer wannabe. Of course that time I fought dirty and hit him were it hurts after distracting him by grabbing my friend's boobs.

It's excellent that you can and do stand up for yourself and your friends. That does not alter anything I have said.

It's inapropriate to get up in anyones face, and its also inapropriate to say that one gender is weaker than the other. As a tyipical rule the different genders have different strengths/weaknesses, but that is not always the case.

That's sexist.
According to you.

*does a victory dance*

Sexist is where you start assigning how to treat different sexes different. It's not any more rude for it to have been a woman than if it was a man.

And no its not sexist, and since its not ALWAYS the case it can't be treated as it is ALWAYS the case.

And yes I stand up for myself but I stand up for equality. People may see me as a feminist sometimes, but I also stand up for male equality, because sometimes men are discriminated against just as much.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:57:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 10:37:13 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:36:09 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:21:28 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:20:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

Thats really sexist and as a person I am quite offended

Still do you think he was justified in screaming at that woman who until that point had not interaction with him

No but "as a MALE you don't point in a WOMAN'S face" As a person, you shouldn't point in ANYONES face. The wording is what was offensive. Would it be more justified if he yelled at another guy? Or if it was a woman yelling at her?

In our society it would be seen as less rude and abrasive

Oh so the gender of the people being rude would make it less rude...? Really?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:05:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 10:56:39 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:50:49 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:46:13 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:41:17 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:36:09 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:21:28 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 7/2/2010 10:20:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/2/2010 7:30:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay yea it was funny, but you don't as a male point in a woman's face and shout at her. It is disrespectful, borders on assault and justifies a smack in the face.

You can just smirk, shake your head and walk on by.

Thats really sexist and as a person I am quite offended

Still do you think he was justified in screaming at that woman who until that point had not interaction with him

No but "as a MALE you don't point in a WOMAN'S face" As a person, you shouldn't point in ANYONES face. The wording is what was offensive. Would it be more justified if he yelled at another guy? Or if it was a woman yelling at her?

The genders are equal, but they are still different. Different in biology and still different in how they are socialised. As a result the physical presence of a woman should be more respected, direct physical confrontation should be avoided. He could have yelled his nonsense at her from ten foot away, he chose to confront her face to face and jab a finger in her eye. This would be inapropriate male to male, more so with a young male to an older female. Humiliate her for cheap giggles, but don't intimidate her.

that still sounds really sexist.

No it does not.. Sexism is where you assign someone less value due to their gender.

I do not/will not let anyone intimidate me. I am barely 5 ft tall, pretty skinny, not athletic at all, and if any guy tries to say anything about my gender I can have him down on the ground in 2 secs flat, did that with a guy 3-4 years older than me been in wrestling a few years, body builer wannabe. Of course that time I fought dirty and hit him were it hurts after distracting him by grabbing my friend's boobs.

It's excellent that you can and do stand up for yourself and your friends. That does not alter anything I have said.

It's inapropriate to get up in anyones face, and its also inapropriate to say that one gender is weaker than the other. As a tyipical rule the different genders have different strengths/weaknesses, but that is not always the case.

That's sexist.
According to you.

*does a victory dance*

Sexist is where you start assigning how to treat different sexes different. It's not any more rude for it to have been a woman than if it was a man.

My definition was better!


And no its not sexist, and since its not ALWAYS the case it can't be treated as it is ALWAYS the case.

And yes I stand up for myself but I stand up for equality. People may see me as a feminist sometimes, but I also stand up for male equality, because sometimes men are discriminated against just as much.

The genders are different but equal. Thats all I am saying.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:08:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/2/2010 11:05:15 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

The genders are different but equal. Thats all I am saying.

If they were equal why make a big deal about what gender someone is?

http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave