Jump to topic:

What are the requirements of being a God

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:49:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is more of a philosophy question or thought experiment than a religions question.

Through out history people have declared many things to be God. The most powerful being, Nature, The sun, an animal, a tree, other people. So what is the true criteria? It seem that the only real requirement we have had through history is faith in that belief. Can a god be a god without believers? What if all of humanity rejected the core notions of religion. Some would say the true God would destroy us like in the flood or another apocalypse. But then if a god only does harm, is god still god, or does he become a devil by our definition. God, Devil, two terms we have created same as the terms good and evil. Good and evil represent what we like and do not like. Water and agua two different terms created to define the same thing. One from an english perspective the other from a spanish.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:51:28 PM
At 1/29/2015 10:49:07 PM, drpiek wrote:
This is more of a philosophy question or thought experiment than a religions question.

Through out history people have declared many things to be God. The most powerful being, Nature, The sun, an animal, a tree, other people. So what is the true criteria? It seem that the only real requirement we have had through history is faith in that belief. Can a god be a god without believers? What if all of humanity rejected the core notions of religion. Some would say the true God would destroy us like in the flood or another apocalypse. But then if a god only does harm, is god still god, or does he become a devil by our definition. God, Devil, two terms we have created same as the terms good and evil. Good and evil represent what we like and do not like. Water and agua two different terms created to define the same thing. One from an english perspective the other from a spanish.

There were no requirements for our Creator to create anything. He created everything because He could.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 10:57:35 PM
At 1/29/2015 10:51:28 PM, bornofgod wrote:

There were no requirements for our Creator to create anything. He created everything because He could.

Agreed, and I love God. But why does he seem to require followers? Realize you and I have similar views of God and this post is more about discussion than my personal belief. Again a thought experiment.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 11:02:55 PM
At 1/29/2015 10:57:35 PM, drpiek wrote:

Agreed, and I love God. But why does he seem to require followers? Realize you and I have similar views of God and this post is more about discussion than my personal belief. Again a thought experiment.

He planned, created and formed everything in this first age for His purpose to teach us who we are in Him. In the next age, He created everything for His created being's purpose to live a wonderful life in many visions and dreams.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 11:11:29 PM
At 1/29/2015 11:02:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:

He planned, created and formed everything in this first age for His purpose to teach us who we are in Him. In the next age, He created everything for His created being's purpose to live a wonderful life in many visions and dreams.

I don't know, I am sure you can achieve full understanding, and a wonderful life now.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 11:18:31 PM

So it implies He is failed since some people do not gain a wonderful life.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 11:38:29 PM
At 1/29/2015 11:11:29 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 1/29/2015 11:02:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I don't know, I am sure you can achieve full understanding, and a wonderful life now.

How can life be so wonderful when we all die in this age. Death isn't a wonderful experience. In the next age, we will never understand what death, decay, destruction, disease, or deception is about.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 11:39:55 PM
At 1/29/2015 11:18:31 PM, uncung wrote:

This first age was only meant to teach us who we are. It has nothing to do with giving His people a wonderful life, which will be the case in the next age after this world is destroyed.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 12:17:48 AM

This first age was only meant to teach us who we are. It has nothing to do with giving His people a wonderful life, which will be the case in the next age after this world is destroyed.

How do you know that? who told you so?
mrburns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 12:28:48 AM
Sorry bornofgod we get to keep our planet on this coming of g.o.d.
We are all gonna hear of g.o.d and i will help carry his true word about why we die. Why we suffer in health and life. I know all of this from our creator or g.o.d. i will share any info. Anyone wants to hear.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 12:49:02 AM
At 1/30/2015 12:17:48 AM, uncung wrote:

I'm God's last saint that He has chosen to testify to His knowledge of the past, present and future. He also taught me how He created everything. The 1,000 year reign of Christ is the time that He used us saints for His purpose to teach us who we are in Him.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 12:51:03 AM
At 1/30/2015 12:28:48 AM, mrburns wrote:
Sorry bornofgod we get to keep our planet on this coming of g.o.d.
We are all gonna hear of g.o.d and i will help carry his true word about why we die. Why we suffer in health and life. I know all of this from our creator or g.o.d. i will share any info. Anyone wants to hear.

If you had any knowledge of God to share, you would be sharing it instead of asking anyone if they wanted to hear you. Why would anyone want to hear someone who hasn't shared any knowledge of God yet? Make a few OP's with some of that knowledge of God that you think you have and see if any of God's chosen believers believes you.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 12:53:58 AM
"What are the requirements of being a God"

It would all depend on what type of God/god a person wanted.

Everyone already seems to make up their own individual God's/god's that rule over their LIFE! or life?

Do we create a God/god that loves the realm of fantasy and fiction with man from dust, woman from a rib, raising dead corpses, walking on water, talking animals and other such nonsense of the religious types?

Then we have the BIG heads with their swiss cheese theories that are far more foul air then cheese.

Who cut the cheese?
Was it your god or mine?
Sounds like a great subject matter for serious debate.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 1:52:11 AM

Through out history people have declared many things to be God. The most powerful being, Nature, The sun, an animal, a tree, other people.

The OP question can be restated as...
What are the requirements of being an all powerful authority?
What are the requirements of being a life form?
What are the requirements of being a process?
What are the requirements of being a concept?
What are the requirements of being a myth?
What are the requirements of being a reality?
What are the requirements of being nature?
What are the requirements of existing?

It all depends on how you define the word God.

So what is the true criteria? It seem that the only real requirement we have had through history is faith in that belief. Can a god be a god without believers?

The criteria depends on what kind of God/gods you wish to create and worship in your own mind.

Can nature for example be nature without any believers in nature?
Can any authority be in authority without any believers in that authority?

What if all of humanity rejected the core notions of religion. Some would say the true God would destroy us like in the flood or another apocalypse. But then if a god only does harm, is god still god, or does he become a devil by our definition. God, Devil, two terms we have created same as the terms good and evil. Good and evil represent what we like and do not like. Water and agua two different terms created to define the same thing. One from an english perspective the other from a spanish.

What are the core notions of religions? Are you talking about the notion that an invisible supernatural character exists or the notion that we should be loving and kind to all life? One is a fantasy and the other is a practical reality.

Mother Nature destroys people in natural disasters regardless of whether they believe in nature and understand its personification or not.
In my mind God would be exactly the same as Mother Nature when it comes to any motives for destroying anything. It/He/She has no motives. It simply acts according to its own natural principles and cycles. The powers of the universe and life itself destroys people regardless of what they believe. We all end up in a grave eventually.

Does Mother Nature become the devil when she causes natural disasters and kills people?

Good and evil do indeed represent what we like and don't like. God and the devil are simply personifications of good and evil which exists in the perception of humans and is subject to personal judgment.

If God is a personification of all that humans believe is good then the OP question is asking "What are the requirements of being good?"
For those who perceive God as a personification of all that is evil, the OP question is asking "What are the requirements of being evil?"
If God is a personification of both good and evil, "What are the requirements of being good and evil ?"

The answers are all in the perception/ mind/ heart/ spirit of good and evil.

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.

Wind = ruwach, pneuma, breath, mind, spirit.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 1:57:21 AM
The requirement of existence is simply to be. It is to possess the state of being.
"I am that I am" said the existing one/ones.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 2:00:25 AM
At 1/30/2015 1:57:21 AM, Skyangel wrote:
The requirement of existence is simply to be. It is to possess the state of being.

The OP didn't ask what the requirements of existence was. He asked what is the requirement of being a God? Since you don't know our Creator, you have no knowledge of God to understand why He created everything.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 2:05:32 AM
At 1/30/2015 2:00:25 AM, bornofgod wrote:

The OP didn't ask what the requirements of existence was. He asked what is the requirement of being a God? Since you don't know our Creator, you have no knowledge of God to understand why He created everything.

You are right in your own eyes Brad.

You obviously make no effort at all to understand what I am saying.

God = Existence.

Feel free to comprehend that or not, as you wish.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 2:09:30 AM
At 1/30/2015 2:05:32 AM, Skyangel wrote:

God = Existence.

God is the Creator of our existence that isn't real at all. We are created as invisible vibrations and that's all we will ever be. The formed illusions that God's people thought was their reality is what kept them deceived from their true created existence as invisible vibrations.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 2:33:22 AM
At 1/30/2015 2:09:30 AM, bornofgod wrote:

God = Existence.

God is the Creator of our existence that isn't real at all. We are created as invisible vibrations and that's all we will ever be. The formed illusions that God's people thought was their reality is what kept them deceived from their true created existence as invisible vibrations.

Like the formed illusions of assassinators which you formed in your own mind deceived you into thinking you would be shot by those illusions? You will continue to be deceived by that illusion as long as you hold on to that illusion and refuse to realize it is just an illusion, not some prophecy about your future.

Your existence might not be real in your own mind Bad and I agree with you about that. Your existence and life is definitely not real. It is all an illusion which has deceived you.
Your life is a dream and your dream is deceiving you.

If you were nothing but an invisible vibration no one could see you or shoot you anyway.

My existence on the other hand, is very real. I was. I AM and I always will be REAL. I might be just an illusion to you but I am real to me. You have no clue who I AM.
I live in reality not in fantasy land.
My life is a dream come true.

LIFE ( GOD) is the creator of LIFE ( GOD /gods in his own image).
The requirements for life is to be alive.

To be the voice of LIFE, you also need to be alive.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 3:16:07 AM
At 1/30/2015 2:33:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:

God = Existence.

Like the formed illusions of assassinators which you formed in your own mind deceived you into thinking you would be shot by those illusions? You will continue to be deceived by that illusion as long as you hold on to that illusion and refuse to realize it is just an illusion, not some prophecy about your future.

Your existence might not be real in your own mind Bad and I agree with you about that. Your existence and life is definitely not real. It is all an illusion which has deceived you.

If you were nothing but an invisible vibration no one could see you or shoot you anyway.

My existence on the other hand, is very real. I was. I AM and I always will be REAL. I might be just an illusion to you but I am real to me. You have no clue who I AM.

It's impossible for most of God's people to understand how He created us. Many physicists are finally getting the idea of how we were created but since they weren't directly taught by our Creator, they can only guess at what they've learned through their language of mathematics. Mathematics can only explain what they observe. It can't teach them God's language of invisible vibrations, which is the lowest form of information where we all exist as His characters.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 5:50:05 AM
riddle me this Saint Brad of good good vibrations?

WHY should I want to follow the vibrations of your God when there are the Beach Boys?

Yes I know, their just good good vibrations.
but they are also cool surfer dudes.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 6:38:57 AM

I'm God's last saint that He has chosen to testify to His knowledge of the past, present and future. He also taught me how He created everything. The 1,000 year reign of Christ is the time that He used us saints for His purpose to teach us who we are in Him.

I see.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:14:49 AM
At 1/30/2015 5:50:05 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
riddle me this Saint Brad of good good vibrations?

WHY should I want to follow the vibrations of your God when there are the Beach Boys?

Yes I know, their just good good vibrations.
but they are also cool surfer dudes.

I like their music, too. I play guitar and their good vibrations make me feel good.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 11:54:17 AM
At 1/30/2015 12:49:02 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I am pretty sure there is more than just you as god saint. Watch that Ego, if it gets too big It can hurt.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 1:45:29 PM
What is required of God?
1. A big apology for screwing up creation.
2. God should appear to normal people and not just to the mentally ill.
3. God should be more preventive instead of destructive.
4. God should settle the score with the Jews. He left them in a very bad state.
5. God should unite the Christians. They have made a mess of what was already a bad start.
6. God should make Jesus more coherent this time because everyone with a communication disorder is claiming to be a saint or prophet.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 3:11:55 PM
At 1/30/2015 3:16:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/30/2015 2:33:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:

God = Existence.

It's impossible for most of God's people to understand how He created us. Many physicists are finally getting the idea of how we were created but since they weren't directly taught by our Creator, they can only guess at what they've learned through their language of mathematics. Mathematics can only explain what they observe. It can't teach them God's language of invisible vibrations, which is the lowest form of information where we all exist as His characters.

The OP didn't ask about how we were created Brad.
Try to stick to the topic instead of derailing threads with your broken invisible vibrating record.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 3:21:24 PM
At 1/30/2015 11:54:17 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 1/30/2015 12:49:02 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I am pretty sure there is more than just you as god saint. Watch that Ego, if it gets too big It can hurt.

God makes sure I stay humiliated while He's using my body to testify to His knowledge.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 3:29:16 PM
At 1/30/2015 1:45:29 PM, Harikrish wrote:
What is required of God?
1. A big apology for screwing up creation.

Why do you think creation is screwed up?

2. God should appear to normal people and not just to the mentally ill.

What makes you think he/it doesn't appear to normal people?

3. God should be more preventive instead of destructive.

Do you think the same about Mother Nature? Would you like to instruct her regarding how to do her work?

4. God should settle the score with the Jews. He left them in a very bad state.

What's the score and what game is he playing with them? The game of I got your nose?

5. God should unite the Christians. They have made a mess of what was already a bad start.

Don't you think mature people should take responsibility to fix their own mess?
How long will humans need some big daddy to clean up after them and fix their toys?

6. God should make Jesus more coherent this time because everyone with a communication disorder is claiming to be a saint or prophet.

This time? Would you like a new story about Jesus about to be published? Is the current story about Jesus incoherent or are the readers just confused by idoms, parables, metaphors and symbolism due to lacking comprehension skills?