Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

DIY Deity

JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 9:50:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I believe ALL deities are human creations. Their worshippers then tweek their particular deity's personality some more so it is in tune with their thinking and personality.

If you were designing a new deity from scratch what characteristics would you give it?

Mine would be caring, a good listener, a conscience tweeker, empathetic, and have a sense of humour, which it would need if it was my personal deity.
uncung
Posts: 3,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 9:58:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 9:50:04 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I believe ALL deities are human creations. Their worshippers then tweek their particular deity's personality some more so it is in tune with their thinking and personality.

If you were designing a new deity from scratch what characteristics would you give it?

Mine would be caring, a good listener, a conscience tweeker, empathetic, and have a sense of humour, which it would need if it was my personal deity.

yes all false deities are human creations.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:13:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 9:58:20 AM, uncung wrote:
At 2/2/2015 9:50:04 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I believe ALL deities are human creations. Their worshippers then tweek their particular deity's personality some more so it is in tune with their thinking and personality.

If you were designing a new deity from scratch what characteristics would you give it?

Mine would be caring, a good listener, a conscience tweeker, empathetic, and have a sense of humour, which it would need if it was my personal deity.


yes all false deities are human creations.

There aren't any 'true' deities worshipped by humans, imo, even if a deity does exist somewhere outside of our universe.
uncung
Posts: 3,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:47:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
yes all false deities are human creations.

There aren't any 'true' deities worshipped by humans, imo, even if a deity does exist somewhere outside of our universe.

you are totally wrong. There is a true deity.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:49:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 10:47:48 AM, uncung wrote:
yes all false deities are human creations.

There aren't any 'true' deities worshipped by humans, imo, even if a deity does exist somewhere outside of our universe.

you are totally wrong. There is a true deity.

And you know that your version of it is true because?
uncung
Posts: 3,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:49:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
you are totally wrong. There is a true deity.

And you know that your version of it is true because?

because it is proven true. Very simple.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:51:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 10:49:48 AM, uncung wrote:
you are totally wrong. There is a true deity.

And you know that your version of it is true because?

because it is proven true. Very simple.

Now that is a very naughty lie, there is NO verifiable proof the deity exists, however much you want it to be true!
uncung
Posts: 3,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:55:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
because it is proven true. Very simple.

Now that is a very naughty lie, there is NO verifiable proof the deity exists, however much you want it to be true!

You may examine and verify it.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:58:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 10:55:58 AM, uncung wrote:
because it is proven true. Very simple.

Now that is a very naughty lie, there is NO verifiable proof the deity exists, however much you want it to be true!

You may examine and verify it.

Examine what exactly?
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:05:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 11:00:20 AM, uncung wrote:
You may examine and verify it.

Examine what exactly?
The scripture, what else?

I have read it many times and continue to do so. The more I read the Bible the more convinced I am that it is a very human production with no input from any deity.
uncung
Posts: 3,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:06:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The scripture, what else?

I have read it many times and continue to do so. The more I read the Bible the more convinced I am that it is a very human production with no input from any deity.

yes the Bible is not qualified as a true scripture, you may dispose it.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:08:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 11:06:33 AM, uncung wrote:
The scripture, what else?

I have read it many times and continue to do so. The more I read the Bible the more convinced I am that it is a very human production with no input from any deity.

yes the Bible is not qualified as a true scripture, you may dispose it.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh? well what is then?
uncung
Posts: 3,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:09:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
yes the Bible is not qualified as a true scripture, you may dispose it.


Ehhhhhhhhhhh? well what is then?

Quran.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:15:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 9:50:04 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I believe ALL deities are human creations. Their worshippers then tweek their particular deity's personality some more so it is in tune with their thinking and personality.

If you were designing a new deity from scratch what characteristics would you give it?

Mine would be caring, a good listener, a conscience tweeker, empathetic, and have a sense of humour, which it would need if it was my personal deity.

Those things might be true for an imagionary friend. But as far as God goes, my diety and I disagree sometimes. Why not have a diety that hates the same things I hate or encourages the same behavior I like?

Unfortunately my God is not like that. That be so cool if he was tho
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:25:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 11:09:05 AM, uncung wrote:
yes the Bible is not qualified as a true scripture, you may dispose it.


Ehhhhhhhhhhh? well what is then?


Quran.

Another human production, lol!
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:26:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 11:15:58 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/2/2015 9:50:04 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I believe ALL deities are human creations. Their worshippers then tweek their particular deity's personality some more so it is in tune with their thinking and personality.

If you were designing a new deity from scratch what characteristics would you give it?

Mine would be caring, a good listener, a conscience tweeker, empathetic, and have a sense of humour, which it would need if it was my personal deity.

Those things might be true for an imagionary friend. But as far as God goes, my diety and I disagree sometimes. Why not have a diety that hates the same things I hate or encourages the same behavior I like?

Unfortunately my God is not like that. That be so cool if he was tho

You deity is as imaginary as any other, imo.
uncung
Posts: 3,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:28:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Quran.

Another human production, lol!

yes it is a divine production that was written by men for sure.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:30:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 11:26:52 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/2/2015 11:15:58 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/2/2015 9:50:04 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I believe ALL deities are human creations. Their worshippers then tweek their particular deity's personality some more so it is in tune with their thinking and personality.

If you were designing a new deity from scratch what characteristics would you give it?

Mine would be caring, a good listener, a conscience tweeker, empathetic, and have a sense of humour, which it would need if it was my personal deity.

Those things might be true for an imagionary friend. But as far as God goes, my diety and I disagree sometimes. Why not have a diety that hates the same things I hate or encourages the same behavior I like?

Unfortunately my God is not like that. That be so cool if he was tho

You deity is as imaginary as any other, imo.

What reason do you have to think my diety is imagionary?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 12:18:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 9:50:04 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I believe ALL deities are human creations. Their worshippers then tweek their particular deity's personality some more so it is in tune with their thinking and personality.

If you were designing a new deity from scratch what characteristics would you give it?

Mine would be caring, a good listener, a conscience tweeker, empathetic, and have a sense of humour, which it would need if it was my personal deity.

Everything you believe in was given to you by our Creator to experience. Your experiences and the experiences of the rest of God's people give us a big world to live in as long as you believe each other's experiences. Those who don't believe in the experiences of other people will continue to live in a very limited world until they die in this dream. In the next dream, ALL God's people will enjoy an unlimited world of experiences.