Jump to topic:

DIY Deity

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 9:50:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I believe ALL deities are human creations. Their worshippers then tweek their particular deity's personality some more so it is in tune with their thinking and personality.

If you were designing a new deity from scratch what characteristics would you give it?

Mine would be caring, a good listener, a conscience tweeker, empathetic, and have a sense of humour, which it would need if it was my personal deity.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 9:58:20 AM
At 2/2/2015 9:50:04 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I believe ALL deities are human creations. Their worshippers then tweek their particular deity's personality some more so it is in tune with their thinking and personality.

If you were designing a new deity from scratch what characteristics would you give it?

Mine would be caring, a good listener, a conscience tweeker, empathetic, and have a sense of humour, which it would need if it was my personal deity.

yes all false deities are human creations.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:13:52 AM
At 2/2/2015 9:58:20 AM, uncung wrote:

There aren't any 'true' deities worshipped by humans, imo, even if a deity does exist somewhere outside of our universe.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:47:48 AM

There aren't any 'true' deities worshipped by humans, imo, even if a deity does exist somewhere outside of our universe.

you are totally wrong. There is a true deity.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:49:06 AM
At 2/2/2015 10:47:48 AM, uncung wrote:

And you know that your version of it is true because?
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:49:48 AM

because it is proven true. Very simple.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:51:53 AM
At 2/2/2015 10:49:48 AM, uncung wrote:

Now that is a very naughty lie, there is NO verifiable proof the deity exists, however much you want it to be true!
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:55:58 AM

Now that is a very naughty lie, there is NO verifiable proof the deity exists, however much you want it to be true!

You may examine and verify it.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:58:21 AM
At 2/2/2015 10:55:58 AM, uncung wrote:

Examine what exactly?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:05:06 AM
At 2/2/2015 11:00:20 AM, uncung wrote:

Examine what exactly?
The scripture, what else?

I have read it many times and continue to do so. The more I read the Bible the more convinced I am that it is a very human production with no input from any deity.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:06:33 AM

I have read it many times and continue to do so. The more I read the Bible the more convinced I am that it is a very human production with no input from any deity.

yes the Bible is not qualified as a true scripture, you may dispose it.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:08:34 AM
At 2/2/2015 11:06:33 AM, uncung wrote:

Ehhhhhhhhhhh? well what is then?
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:09:05 AM

Quran.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:15:58 AM

Those things might be true for an imagionary friend. But as far as God goes, my diety and I disagree sometimes. Why not have a diety that hates the same things I hate or encourages the same behavior I like?

Unfortunately my God is not like that. That be so cool if he was tho
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:25:14 AM
At 2/2/2015 11:09:05 AM, uncung wrote:

Quran.

Another human production, lol!
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:26:52 AM
At 2/2/2015 11:15:58 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Those things might be true for an imagionary friend. But as far as God goes, my diety and I disagree sometimes. Why not have a diety that hates the same things I hate or encourages the same behavior I like?

You deity is as imaginary as any other, imo.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:28:04 AM
Quran.

Another human production, lol!

yes it is a divine production that was written by men for sure.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:30:07 AM
At 2/2/2015 11:26:52 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/2/2015 11:15:58 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

You deity is as imaginary as any other, imo.

What reason do you have to think my diety is imagionary?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 12:18:25 PM

Everything you believe in was given to you by our Creator to experience. Your experiences and the experiences of the rest of God's people give us a big world to live in as long as you believe each other's experiences. Those who don't believe in the experiences of other people will continue to live in a very limited world until they die in this dream. In the next dream, ALL God's people will enjoy an unlimited world of experiences.