Jump to topic:

The Apology Experiment...

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 1:23:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
People say muslims should apologize for what happened in paris.. so people also apologize for certain things of persons from the same community/relatives/stuff did.... lol

https://www.youtube.com...
Never fart near dog
Impartial
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 1:52:54 PM
At 2/2/2015 1:23:29 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
People say muslims should apologize for what happened in paris.. so people also apologize for certain things of persons from the same community/relatives/stuff did.... lol

Apologise, no, but acknowledge and condemn, yes.

I'm definitely against the Muslims who actually congratulated the bastards just because the Quran condones what they did.
To believe is to know nothing.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 3:05:25 PM
At 2/2/2015 1:52:54 PM, Impartial wrote:

everybody should do it and not emphasize it only upon muslims

I'm definitely against the Muslims who actually congratulated the bastards

yeah as i said everyone should to be against the acts of the murdrers but i dont have any mercy on these people if they drawing my prophet as a naked man with a joke. if they want to draw somebody they can take a picture of their mothers naked, write a little joke on the side, share it in the media and call it freedom of speech without condemning it. i know they never would do such a thing because they are hypocrites when it comes to the muslims.

just because the Quran condones what they did.

now you blaming and accusing lies against the Quran which indirectly u blaming all people who believe in it - muslims, so where is your references that the Quran condones what they did?
Never fart near dog
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:01:15 PM
At 2/2/2015 3:05:25 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

yeah as i said everyone should to be against the acts of the murdrers but i dont have any mercy on these people if they drawing my prophet as a naked man with a joke. if they want to draw somebody they can take a picture of their mothers naked, write a little joke on the side, share it in the media and call it freedom of speech without condemning it. i know they never would do such a thing because they are hypocrites when it comes to the muslims.

Why should you? If your prophet was truly a prophet, he should be beyond all of this. Am I right?

now you blaming and accusing lies against the Quran which indirectly u blaming all people who believe in it - muslims, so where is your references that the Quran condones what they did?

I believe there is a passage that speaks of slaying all non-believers and infidels...
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:07:57 PM
At 2/2/2015 4:01:15 PM, Pase66 wrote:

Why should you? If your prophet was truly a prophet, he should be beyond all of this. Am I right?

beyond of what? and tell me if i take a picture of your mother (or somebody the most loved to you) naked and i share it in the media all over the world would you have any mercy on me? i dont mean you should go and kill them its not my point.

I believe there is a passage that speaks of slaying all non-believers and infidels...

you believe... and i believe all american are murdrers they only want to kill people. thats makes sense to you? where is your reference because i know there isnt such a thing and its a big lie by the media.
Never fart near dog
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:12:17 PM

Whose said muslims should apologize? Glenn Beck? Rush Limbaugh?
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:14:15 PM
beyond of what? and tell me if i take a picture of your mother (or somebody the most loved to you) naked and i share it in the media all over the world would you have any mercy on me? i dont mean you should go and kill them its not my point.

Beyond the slandering to his name. Why should his followers care if some cartoonists depicts him in a negative light? I mean, according to you, he is a prophet of God, after all.

you believe... and i believe all american are murdrers they only want to kill people. thats makes sense to you? where is your reference because i know there isnt such a thing and its a big lie by the media.
Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:36:44 PM
At 2/2/2015 4:14:15 PM, Pase66 wrote:

Beyond the slandering to his name. Why should his followers care if some cartoonists depicts him in a negative light? I mean, according to you, he is a prophet of God, after all.

ok if its that you see things, im going to take a picture (or draw) your mother naked with a joke on the side and share it in the news would you be calm with it?

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

first of all you taking out of context the same thing all over the media. read verse before verse 191,how verse 191 starts? with the word "and" so you must know there is something before that if u ignore it on purpose you decieving people. what verse 190 ssays? 2:190 -
Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors. 191 - And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah {{{its meaning is not "disbelieve", "disbelieve" in arabic is "kufur" and its appears in the Quran many times but not here, fintah means litterily " persecute/test/temptation..." here all the words of fitnah appears in the Quran -http://corpus.quran.com...#(2:191:8)}}} is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers

secondly its talks about the pagans who attacks the muslims first and God commands to fight back (before that verse its was forbiden to attack even if it was as a defense, so now it change and they premitted to fight as a defensive retaliation).

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

chapter 8 is about the Battle of Batd. its context is what is happening in the war itself, and this "who disbelieve" are the pagans who come to attack the muslims so the Quran ensuring the muslims to fight without fear. again you qouted things out of context read verses before or after. even by the name of this chapter you must catch it about some war - "The Spoils of War" but people want to blame without checking it. more verses to clear it up for you?
Never fart near dog
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:37:00 PM

What an immoral jerk! Our mothers haven't created religions in which they demand to be idolized and every word taken as if God said it. Our mothers have sent us out to kill people. Your idol set himself up to be grandly criticized and satirized up the yin-yang for his record of producing killer apes in human form out killing human beings, women and children as I post! You've got a phony prophet, a phony religion, and phony excuses always for Muhammadan killers. Just take your garbage Muhammad idol away from decent people who don't need or want a religious dictator, not even qualified for our spiritual religious work, to inflict that dictator's crap on modern society.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:43:00 PM
At 2/2/2015 4:12:17 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

who said so? for every tiny thing everyone critizing muslims im sure u see in the the news. wanna see it yourself here in israel what people writting on coments all over sites news? 200 comments everybody mocking islam or muslims for stupid things for every little stuff going there. here 2 sites you can traslate it to english by Google and see how they thinking... walla.co.il and make.co.il
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:48:04 PM
At 2/2/2015 4:43:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

who said so? for every tiny thing everyone critizing muslims im sure u see in the the news. wanna see it yourself here in israel what people writting on coments all over sites news? 200 comments everybody mocking islam or muslims for stupid things for every little stuff going there. here 2 sites you can traslate it to english by Google and see how they thinking... walla.co.il and make.co.il

mako.co.il
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:50:13 PM
At 2/2/2015 4:37:00 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

what you prefer rice or eggs? to eat at dawn..
Never fart near dog
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 5:08:43 PM

ok if its that you see things, im going to take a picture (or draw) your mother naked with a joke on the side and share it in the news would you be calm with it?

I wouldn't have to do anything. The legal system will prosecute you for slandering and defamation, and I will collect the reparations made for inflicting "emotional harm".

first of all you taking out of context the same thing all over the media. read verse before verse 191,how verse 191 starts? with the word "and" so you must know there is something before that if u ignore it on purpose you decieving people. what verse 190 ssays? 2:190 -
Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors. 191 - And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah {{{its meaning is not "disbelieve", "disbelieve" in arabic is "kufur" and its appears in the Quran many times but not here, fintah means litterily " persecute/test/temptation..." here all the words of fitnah appears in the Quran -http://corpus.quran.com...#(2:191:8)}}} is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers

I had no idea. But what of all the other parts that promote violence, and injustice towards woman. Look, like every religion, Islam has to be open to reform. My personal beliefs align more with Hinduism-Buddhism. And even these religion's are subject to reform and change.

chapter 8 is about the Battle of Batd. its context is what is happening in the war itself, and this "who disbelieve" are the pagans who come to attack the muslims so the Quran ensuring the muslims to fight without fear. again you qouted things out of context read verses before or after. even by the name of this chapter you must catch it about some war - "The Spoils of War" but people want to blame without checking it. more verses to clear it up for you?

Still, the terrorists seem to take these passages has holy sanctions for warfare.
Impartial
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 5:13:53 PM

Yes, everybody should.

yeah as i said everyone should to be against the acts of the murdrers

I'm glad you mentioned that.

but i dont have any mercy on these people if they drawing my prophet as a naked man with a joke.

That's a disgraceful thing to say. Charlie Ebdoe has every right to draw pictures and to suggest that they were at fault is to avoid the real problem. It is vital that they are allowed to do what they do, especially to mock religions and political figures. The alternative is global censorship of any content that might offend someone. You do not have a monopoly on not being offended.

if they want to draw somebody they can take a picture of their mothers naked, write a little joke on the side, share it in the media and call it freedom of speech without condemning it. i know they never would do such a thing because they are hypocrites when it comes to the muslims.

It sounds harsh but sensitive Muslims like you seriously need to man up.

You know perfectly well what I'm referring to. What is the punishment for blasphemy?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 5:24:51 PM
Murder was definitely an extreme solution, but at the same time one cannot honestly say that Charlie Hebdo didn't have it coming.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Impartial
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 6:07:48 PM
At 2/2/2015 5:24:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Murder was definitely an extreme solution, but at the same time one cannot honestly say that Charlie Hebdo didn't have it coming.

That's beside the point. They should be allowed to draw whatever they want, it's important that this freedom is upheld. The blame is most certainly entirely on the murderers.

To even approach this subject from the point of view that Charlie Hebdoe was stupid for provoking Islam, is ridiculous. Islamic characters have, are and will be mocked. I have no patience with people who say Charlie Hebdoe shouldn't have been provocative in the first place. If you reach this consulsion, they win. Congratulations, you're now absolutely sh*t scared at the thought of upsetting some Muslims.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 6:21:44 PM
At 2/2/2015 6:07:48 PM, Impartial wrote:

That's beside the point. They should be allowed to draw whatever they want, it's important that this freedom is upheld. The blame is most certainly entirely on the murderers.

To even approach this subject from the point of view that Charlie Hebdoe was stupid for provoking Islam, is ridiculous. Islamic characters have, are and will be mocked. I have no patience with people who say Charlie Hebdoe shouldn't have been provocative in the first place. If you reach this consulsion, they win. Congratulations, you're now absolutely sh*t scared at the thought of upsetting some Muslims.

It's not that I'm afraid of Muslims or that I'd like to curb Islamic extremism through appeasement, because neither is true.
It's about this:

Imagine I was a newspaper guy. Every day in the newspaper I said that Black people were filthy apes and that they needed to be sterilized because otherwise they'd ruin White society. One day, an angry black guy bursts into my office and shoots me point blank range in the head, killing me instantly.
Now, that wouldn't justify murdering me, but wouldn't you agree that I kind of had it coming?

The DDO Blog:

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 6:40:50 PM

The internet is a site for trolls at times. Now if you have political bloggers or tv news anchors or your neighborhood, then that's a good source to point to.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 6:43:39 PM

Of course they didn't "have it coming". wtf?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 7:58:39 PM
At 2/2/2015 6:43:39 PM, Garbanza wrote:

I'm just saying. If somebody knowingly slandered me, it would be unreasonable to expect me not to slug that person in the face as hard as I could.
My point is, there are limits on freedom of speech.

The DDO Blog:

Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 8:39:45 PM
At 2/2/2015 7:58:39 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I'm just saying. If somebody knowingly slandered me, it would be unreasonable to expect me not to slug that person in the face as hard as I could.

It would be totally reasonable to expect that. You can't just go about initiating violence and killing peoplw because you don't like what they say, write or draw pictures of.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 9:36:23 PM

I think apologies are good, effective ways to make people feel better that come with very little cost. For example,

I am sorry that white people did horrible things to black people hundreds of years ago, and that laid the cultural conditions for more horrible things to follow. I am sorry about that, truly. I don't feel personally accountable for it, but I'm still sorry that history is as shitty as it is.

I am sorry that we live in a country where poor white Republicans are deluded to believe that one day they might be rich so they should vote for low taxes for the uber-wealthy in the mean time. I don't feel culpable for that either (because I'm a Democrat), but I'm still sorry it's the case.

I furthermore am sorry that Republicans feel intimidated by gay rights to such an extent that they desire to pass constitutional amendments to keep gay people in their place. I'm sorry that their penises are so small that they're afraid heterosexual sex will somehow be less meaningful because I can fvck my boyfriend without fear of legal repercussion. Again, I feel no accountability for their shortcomings (literal or metaphorical), but I'm still sorry that people are who they are.
Tsar of DDO
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 9:40:18 PM
At 2/2/2015 5:08:43 PM, Pase66 wrote:

I wouldn't have to do anything. The legal system will prosecute you for slandering and defamation, and I will collect the reparations made for inflicting "emotional harm".

I had no idea. But what of all the other parts that promote violence, and injustice towards woman.

what you see as "injustice" is not the same in every culture. and what violence you refering to?

Look, like every religion, Islam has to be open to reform. My personal beliefs align more with Hinduism-Buddhism. And even these religion's are subject to reform and change.

everyone has his opinion without religion becuase his God is his own self by this logic. if you dislike to steal other will find it good because they dont have work to get something or not have any empathy, and i know many people like that in my personaly life. without objective morality its up to you to decide what is good or bad

Still, the terrorists seem to take these passages has holy sanctions for warfare.

and which terrorists you referring to? almost all (muslim) terrorists saying they fighting because they conquered thei land by americans specially and because of that millions of muslims died. they claim to do some reveage and not qouting the Quran at all even ISIS. by the way check this -
Robert Anthony Pape, Jr. (born 1960) is an American political scientist known for his work on international security affairs, especially the coercive strategies of air power and the rationale of suicide terrorism. He is currently a professor of Political Science at the University of Chicago and founder of the Chicago Project on Security and Terrorism (CPOST).

he concludes that there is "little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism, or any one of the world"s religions... . Rather, what nearly all suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territory that the terrorists consider to be their homeland" (p. 4). "The taproot of suicide terrorism is nationalism," he argues; it is "an extreme strategy for national liberation" (pp. 79"80). Pape's work examines groups such as the Al-Qaeda to the Sri Lankan Tamil Tigers. Pape also notably provides further evidence to a growing body of literature that finds that the majority of suicide terrorists do not come from impoverished or uneducated backgrounds, but rather have middle class origins and a significant level of education. (http://en.wikipedia.org...)
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 9:51:20 PM
At 2/2/2015 5:13:53 PM, Impartial wrote:

Yes, everybody should.

yeah as i said everyone should to be against the acts of the murdrers

I'm glad you mentioned that.

but i dont have any mercy on these people if they drawing my prophet as a naked man with a joke.

That's a disgraceful thing to say. Charlie Ebdoe has every right to draw pictures and to suggest that they were at fault is to avoid the real problem. It is vital that they are allowed to do what they do, especially to mock religions and political figures. The alternative is global censorship of any content that might offend someone. You do not have a monopoly on not being offended.

its disgraceful to say? ok i can condemn and deny the holocaust? u cant do this by law but wait a sec you said i have the right to say anything... double standards? dont misunderstand me i dont have mercy on these people and not saying it for what happend to them im talking in general terms, they can eat cr@p.

if they want to draw somebody they can take a picture of their mothers naked, write a little joke on the side, share it in the media and call it freedom of speech without condemning it. i know they never would do such a thing because they are hypocrites when it comes to the muslims.

It sounds harsh but sensitive Muslims like you seriously need to man up.

ok again would you like and allow in the news a page of your mother naked (or somebody else) with a joke and share it to every walking person on earth? would you allow such a thing yes or no. and you know our prophet is beloved more than anything else on this earth including our mothers and fathers.

You know perfectly well what I'm referring to. What is the punishment for blasphemy?

but by who? the Quran or by some muslims? in the Quran there is no punishment for blasphemy unless that person causing corruption on the land, and from the example of the prophet he freed apostates which were not fighting against the muslims after they apostated by joining the pagans ranks.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:20:36 PM
At 2/2/2015 6:40:50 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

The internet is a site for trolls at times. Now if you have political bloggers or tv news anchors or your neighborhood, then that's a good source to point to.

they are not trollers they are morons i live here i see how people think they only believe what the news telling them and they know nothing about Islam or muslims (and they dont know their bibles either...)
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:24:15 PM
At 2/2/2015 8:39:45 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 2/2/2015 7:58:39 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

It would be totally reasonable to expect that. You can't just go about initiating violence and killing peoplw because you don't like what they say, write or draw pictures of.

lets do the same thing.... i take your mother a picture as naked i write a joke and share it all over the media to see it (the same thing they did to the prophet of Islam). so by you sayings you would allow it right? freedom of speech.. if not its hypocrisy.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:29:50 PM
At 2/2/2015 9:36:23 PM, YYW wrote:

I think apologies are good, effective ways to make people feel better that come with very little cost. For example,

I am sorry that white people did horrible things to black people hundreds of years ago, and that laid the cultural conditions for more horrible things to follow. I am sorry about that, truly. I don't feel personally accountable for it, but I'm still sorry that history is as shitty as it is.

I am sorry that we live in a country where poor white Republicans are deluded to believe that one day they might be rich so they should vote for low taxes for the uber-wealthy in the mean time. I don't feel culpable for that either (because I'm a Democrat), but I'm still sorry it's the case.

I furthermore am sorry that Republicans feel intimidated by gay rights to such an extent that they desire to pass constitutional amendments to keep gay people in their place. I'm sorry that their penises are so small that they're afraid heterosexual sex will somehow be less meaningful because I can fvck my boyfriend without fear of legal repercussion. Again, I feel no accountability for their shortcomings (literal or metaphorical), but I'm still sorry that people are who they are.

feeling sorry is not the same to be sorry about things. feelling sorry is to have some kind of empathy. and to apologize to directly for something you did wrong to others. by your logic we are all humans so we should apologize for what hitler did. he was human too.

don't apologize for things you dont do. because you taking the blame of others, "feeling sorry" its a different thing.
Never fart near dog
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:31:02 PM
At 2/2/2015 10:29:50 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 2/2/2015 9:36:23 PM, YYW wrote:

feeling sorry is not the same to be sorry about things. feelling sorry is to have some kind of empathy. and to apologize to directly for something you did wrong to others. by your logic we are all humans so we should apologize for what hitler did. he was human too.

don't apologize for things you dont do. because you taking the blame of others, "feeling sorry" its a different thing.

Not really. I can be sorry that something happened without being culpable for it.
Tsar of DDO
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:31:29 PM
At 2/2/2015 10:20:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

they are not trollers they are morons i live here i see how people think they only believe what the news telling them and they know nothing about Islam or muslims (and they dont know their bibles either...)

I tried reading the Quran once, but I even saw a testimony where this former muslim by the name of Abdu Murray, say a Quran verse led him to Christianity. 5:37 is what I believed the name was.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:37:28 PM
At 2/2/2015 10:31:29 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/2/2015 10:20:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

I tried reading the Quran once, but I even saw a testimony where this former muslim by the name of Abdu Murray, say a Quran verse led him to Christianity. 5:37 is what I believed the name was.

Quran 5:37
They will wish to get out of the Fire, but never are they to emerge therefrom, and for them is an enduring punishment.

that guy you talking about is a total moron. same thing the bible teachs so he moved from 5 to 5. here some verses:

"And these will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power," (2 Thess. 1:9).
"Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example, in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire" (Jude 7).

this is from https://carm.org...
Never fart near dog