Jump to topic:

to Atheists...

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 3:34:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
why wasting time arguing theists about God? on both sides we cant refute this idea, God have some logic behind it, so Atheists and Theists have some logic to their claims and it will remain unsolved. but if you deal directly on what Theists have their scripture you can refute them.

so i think if u do this it would do a better job, instead arguing about God universe eternal and stuff deal with the content of the Quran Bible Vedas or whatever you have...
Never fart near dog
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 3:53:13 PM
At 2/2/2015 3:34:22 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
why wasting time arguing theists about God? on both sides we cant refute this idea, God have some logic behind it, so Atheists and Theists have some logic to their claims and it will remain unsolved. but if you deal directly on what Theists have their scripture you can refute them.

so i think if u do this it would do a better job, instead arguing about God universe eternal and stuff deal with the content of the Quran Bible Vedas or whatever you have...

Or what if we try to reform these religions to conform to modern societal ethics? I agree, the God debate (for now) is pointless, but the debate on religion is not. But instead of trying to wipe them off the face of the earth (which I think is impossible), what if both atheists and theists tried to reform them?
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 3:59:08 PM
According to the advances in medical science it is the religious fundamentalism that needs to be treated.

Kathleen Taylor, Neuroscientist, Says Religious Fundamentalism Could Be Treated As A Mental Illness

Quote:
An Oxford University researcher and author specializing in neuroscience has suggested that one day religious fundamentalism may be treated as a curable mental illness.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:03:00 PM
At 2/2/2015 3:53:13 PM, Pase66 wrote:

Or what if we try to reform these religions to conform to modern societal ethics? I agree, the God debate (for now) is pointless, but the debate on religion is not. But instead of trying to wipe them off the face of the earth (which I think is impossible), what if both atheists and theists tried to reform them?

sure you can wipe them off if you prove their books are garbage, but trying to reform its ethics? who said your societal ethics are better than others, everyone have his stuff. and you cant change it because they believe it is the word of God so they really wouldnt change it, if they do they admitting this is not the word of God simple.
Never fart near dog
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:05:29 PM
sure you can wipe them off if you prove their books are garbage, but trying to reform its ethics? who said your societal ethics are better than others, everyone have his stuff. and you cant change it because they believe it is the word of God so they really wouldnt change it, if they do they admitting this is not the word of God simple.

What I'm talking about is fair treatment for all genders, faith's, ect. And taking away the parts about killing all non-believers. I think any sane person would agree that these would be great reforms.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:09:56 PM
At 2/2/2015 4:05:29 PM, Pase66 wrote:

What I'm talking about is fair treatment for all genders, faith's, ect. And taking away the parts about killing all non-believers. I think any sane person would agree that these would be great reforms.

nobody going to kill nonbelievers from any religion. i know if i go to kill somebody because he is a non believer is stupid.
Never fart near dog
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:13:56 PM

Let me ask this. Would you allow people to teach evolution in public schools if you were president? Would you allow your children to mingle in public schools with evolution being taught?
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:17:47 PM
At 2/2/2015 4:09:56 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

nobody going to kill nonbelievers from any religion. i know if i go to kill somebody because he is a non believer is stupid.

Islam is an example...
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:39:41 PM
At 2/2/2015 4:13:56 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Let me ask this. Would you allow people to teach evolution in public schools if you were president? Would you allow your children to mingle in public schools with evolution being taught?

dude first we must follow the facts or truth, if evolution is true why not? im speaking first as a human so if contradicts the truth why keep following it?
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:44:12 PM
At 2/2/2015 4:17:47 PM, Pase66 wrote:

Islam is an example...

islam is a religion and it contains many things, its a general thing so you can give a references?
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 4:52:49 PM
At 2/2/2015 3:59:08 PM, Harikrish wrote:
According to the advances in medical science it is the religious fundamentalism that needs to be treated.

Kathleen Taylor, Neuroscientist, Says Religious Fundamentalism Could Be Treated As A Mental Illness

Quote:
An Oxford University researcher and author specializing in neuroscience has suggested that one day religious fundamentalism may be treated as a curable mental illness.

well thats good for him. in the future anything can happen so yeah...
Never fart near dog
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 5:01:46 PM
At 2/2/2015 4:44:12 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 2/2/2015 4:17:47 PM, Pase66 wrote:

Islam is an example...

islam is a religion and it contains many things, its a general thing so you can give a references?

Right now, Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism is a huge thing. It one was for Christianity, but after many reforms, Christian terror is a very minor problem. I'm not saying anything against Islam, I'm talking about the people who commit horrendous acts in its name.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 6:38:56 PM
At 2/2/2015 4:39:41 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

dude first we must follow the facts or truth, if evolution is true why not? im speaking first as a human so if contradicts the truth why keep following it?

And evolution is a scientific fact. The theory of evolution is a very reasonable scientific theory based on the evidences we have been given.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 9:23:40 PM

Why do theists waste their time arguing with Atheists?

From my point of view... Religion is an interesting sociological topic. That's why I haunt these threads. I find it fascinating what people believe and the psychology behind it. You should think about it. Why do we have religion? Why do we have gods? Look at the way it's all evolved to fit the needs and moral ethics of society throughout history. It's cool and talking to people who practice religion and the belief in gods is interesting.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:12:11 PM
At 2/2/2015 6:38:56 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/2/2015 4:39:41 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

And evolution is a scientific fact. The theory of evolution is a very reasonable scientific theory based on the evidences we have been given.

anything as a fact you should look at it as a fact if evolution is a fact without 100% error you must take it and see how things in its light. zakir naik dont agree with evolution but other muslims say he is wrong so its about interpretations and they both using the Quran too to prove their claims.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:17:17 PM
At 2/2/2015 9:23:40 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

From my point of view... Religion is an interesting sociological topic. That's why I haunt these threads. I find it fascinating what people believe and the psychology behind it. You should think about it. Why do we have religion? Why do we have gods? Look at the way it's all evolved to fit the needs and moral ethics of society throughout history. It's cool and talking to people who practice religion and the belief in gods is interesting.

sure its very intresting im with u but im referring to the point where Athiests trying to prove some religion is false by arguing things relating about God and the universe kalam argument and stuff.. well if they want to ruin a religion u go to its core and not talking about other stuff which is not 100% agreed upon or disproved... for example if i decide to leave Islam i know i would be Deist because i think it more rational to believe there is a God instead being an Atheist....
Never fart near dog
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:37:33 PM
why wasting time arguing theists about God?

For the lols.

on both sides we cant refute this idea, God have some logic behind it, so Atheists and

That just begs the question...

Theists have some logic to their claims and it will remain unsolved. but if you deal directly on what Theists have their scripture you can refute them.

Ok. We still do that.. Well I do at least. Now I attack Islam, Christianity is boring to me now... I must upgrade.

Sure, it's more effective at creating disbelief. It's trivial to me though, and metaphysics interests me more. Again, I annoy theists for the lols.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:41:07 PM
At 2/2/2015 10:37:33 PM, Envisage wrote:

For the lols.

on both sides we cant refute this idea, God have some logic behind it, so Atheists and

Theists have some logic to their claims and it will remain unsolved. but if you deal directly on what Theists have their scripture you can refute them.

Ok. We still do that.. Well I do at least. Now I attack Islam, Christianity is boring to me now... I must upgrade.

Sure, it's more effective at creating disbelief. It's trivial to me though, and metaphysics interests me more. Again, I annoy theists for the lols.

so its all about lols

lol
Never fart near dog
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:41:51 PM
At 2/2/2015 10:41:07 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 2/2/2015 10:37:33 PM, Envisage wrote:

For the lols.

so its all about lols

lol

Lol
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:53:49 PM
At 2/2/2015 10:17:17 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 2/2/2015 9:23:40 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

sure its very intresting im with u but im referring to the point where Athiests trying to prove some religion is false by arguing things relating about God and the universe kalam argument and stuff.. well if they want to ruin a religion u go to its core and not talking about other stuff which is not 100% agreed upon or disproved... for example if i decide to leave Islam i know i would be Deist because i think it more rational to believe there is a God instead being an Atheist....

I think it's more rational to be agnostic than anything else really. Atheist is a broad term and to be honest most atheists seem to be more agnostic atheist than hard core (100% sure that there is no God). Anyway, in the absence of absolute proof either way an agnostic approach makes the most sense.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Fido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 12:17:13 AM
why wasting time arguing theists about God? On both sides we cant refute this idea, God have some logic behind it, so Atheists and Theists have some logic to their claims and it will remain unsolved. But if you deal directly on what Theists have their scripture you can refute them.

As there is no proof or logic behind either atheism, or theism, so there is no lesson in them. We can only learn from what is, and never from what is not.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 12:22:58 AM

Agreed. Arguing against god is pointless. However, a weakness of many religions lie in their holy books, especially when believers hold these books to be inerrant.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 12:56:29 AM
Because some people have nothing better to do but attack religion as if it's some kind of plague.
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 1:46:23 AM

Because the morally incoherent noise that is scripture only carries any weight if divine in origin. Until that is shown, it is just another piece of bad fiction. What point would there be in discussing such?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 8:07:28 AM

Atheists know that the holy books are NOT the Word of God and that Christians and Muslims are hypocrites.