Total Posts:62|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If atheism is from Satan, explain why....

GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 9:42:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Religion doesn't make a person better. Obviously there are some very good people of faith, just as there are some very good non believers. Whether a person is good or bad is much more to do with their personality than their belief system, imo.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 9:55:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

That is a false generalisation.

Some Atheists are every bit as dogmatic, etc. as any Theist, and every bit as wrong as the vast majority of them also.

The simple answer is that if the vast majority of Atheists and Theists were't dogmatic, etc. there would only be one religion on earth and it would be the one Christ actually taught, not one of the multitude of fakes or false religions.

In fact there are two types of Atheist.

Those with minds too closed to bother studying the evidence for God that is all around them, and are prepared to take the words of others.

Then there are those with minds too open, that simply get confused with all the conflicting evidence.

There are three kinds of Theist.

Firstly exactly the same two as above.

Secondly, the much rarer type who have broken free of the indoctrinatipon of their school days, and not allowed themselves to be indoctrinated by anyone else. Instead they have made a conscious decision to examine what evidence is available for themselves and come to rational, uninfluenced conclusions. Having made that effort, they then seek out others of like mind to help and encourage them, as well as the other way round.

They inevitably become Jehovah's Witnesses.


2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

In fact any followers of teh True God and his son, alrady know, what everyonje's right are, and apply them according to God's guidance.

Being tolrerant is great as long as you don;t take it too far. Society now tolrerates Homosexuals. What next? Theives, Rapists, Paedophiles?

Tolerating male / female fornication was teh first step donw from teh moral platform we should occupy. Tolerating Homosexuality was the next. It is a slippery slope and can only lead downwards.

We should not tolerate what God doesn't.


3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

The vast majority of the rest may as well be. They don't generally live by God's standards, unless that is what they are in prison for, which does happen, and has even happened in what is rather ridiculously called "the land of teh free".


4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

Hey no-one said Atheists don't get some things right.


https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Tolerance is only a good thing if one is tolerating the right things.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 10:03:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 9:42:42 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Religion doesn't make a person better. Obviously there are some very good people of faith, just as there are some very good non believers. Whether a person is good or bad is much more to do with their personality than their belief system, imo.

The true faith can and does do so, in the sense that they learn to do nothing that will harm another human, and accept God's guidance on that.

Once the true faith is the only one left on this planet, whihc is not too far away, there will be real pece, by whihc I mean not just an abscence of war, but of sickness, death, crime, and anything else that may make us fell even slightly insecure.

The is the world Christ taught his followers to work for, and await the final arrival of.

http://tv.jw.org... (6 min 13 secs long).

And if you have time, one that is aprticularly close to my heart at the moment.

http://tv.jw.org... ( 11:59 long )
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 10:15:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 10:03:24 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:42:42 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Religion doesn't make a person better. Obviously there are some very good people of faith, just as there are some very good non believers. Whether a person is good or bad is much more to do with their personality than their belief system, imo.

The true faith can and does do so, in the sense that they learn to do nothing that will harm another human, and accept God's guidance on that.

Once the true faith is the only one left on this planet, whihc is not too far away, there will be real pece, by whihc I mean not just an abscence of war, but of sickness, death, crime, and anything else that may make us fell even slightly insecure.

The is the world Christ taught his followers to work for, and await the final arrival of.

http://tv.jw.org... (6 min 13 secs long).

And if you have time, one that is aprticularly close to my heart at the moment.

http://tv.jw.org... ( 11:59 long )

King David, who had faith in God, had his army kill many people and had sex with many women. This means he harmed many people.

Liars like you shouldn't be teaching anything out of the Bible.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 10:23:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 10:15:21 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/3/2015 10:03:24 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:42:42 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Religion doesn't make a person better. Obviously there are some very good people of faith, just as there are some very good non believers. Whether a person is good or bad is much more to do with their personality than their belief system, imo.

The true faith can and does do so, in the sense that they learn to do nothing that will harm another human, and accept God's guidance on that.

Once the true faith is the only one left on this planet, whihc is not too far away, there will be real pece, by whihc I mean not just an abscence of war, but of sickness, death, crime, and anything else that may make us fell even slightly insecure.

The is the world Christ taught his followers to work for, and await the final arrival of.

http://tv.jw.org... (6 min 13 secs long).

And if you have time, one that is aprticularly close to my heart at the moment.

http://tv.jw.org... ( 11:59 long )

King David, who had faith in God, had his army kill many people and had sex with many women. This means he harmed many people.

Liars like you shouldn't be teaching anything out of the Bible.

Yes, and he paid teh price for it, accepted the correction and was forgiven.

God forgives, but only up to a point.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 10:28:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 10:23:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 10:15:21 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/3/2015 10:03:24 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:42:42 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Religion doesn't make a person better. Obviously there are some very good people of faith, just as there are some very good non believers. Whether a person is good or bad is much more to do with their personality than their belief system, imo.

The true faith can and does do so, in the sense that they learn to do nothing that will harm another human, and accept God's guidance on that.

Once the true faith is the only one left on this planet, whihc is not too far away, there will be real pece, by whihc I mean not just an abscence of war, but of sickness, death, crime, and anything else that may make us fell even slightly insecure.

The is the world Christ taught his followers to work for, and await the final arrival of.

http://tv.jw.org... (6 min 13 secs long).

And if you have time, one that is aprticularly close to my heart at the moment.

http://tv.jw.org... ( 11:59 long )

King David, who had faith in God, had his army kill many people and had sex with many women. This means he harmed many people.

Liars like you shouldn't be teaching anything out of the Bible.

Yes, and he paid teh price for it, accepted the correction and was forgiven.

God forgives, but only up to a point.

ALL God's saints and prophets are killed during this first age. Our flesh is of this world and won't be used in the next age. We all get new bodies ( flesh ) to experience life in Paradise. We are all born of God before we experience ourselves in the flesh, which is only an illusion. Even Jesus knew his flesh was unimportant as far as knowing who we really are in God.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 12:10:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 9:55:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

That is a false generalisation.

Some Atheists are every bit as dogmatic, etc. as any Theist, and every bit as wrong as the vast majority of them also.

The simple answer is that if the vast majority of Atheists and Theists were't dogmatic, etc. there would only be one religion on earth and it would be the one Christ actually taught, not one of the multitude of fakes or false religions.

In fact there are two types of Atheist.

Those with minds too closed to bother studying the evidence for God that is all around them, and are prepared to take the words of others.

Then there are those with minds too open, that simply get confused with all the conflicting evidence.

There are three kinds of Theist.

Firstly exactly the same two as above.

Secondly, the much rarer type who have broken free of the indoctrinatipon of their school days, and not allowed themselves to be indoctrinated by anyone else. Instead they have made a conscious decision to examine what evidence is available for themselves and come to rational, uninfluenced conclusions. Having made that effort, they then seek out others of like mind to help and encourage them, as well as the other way round.

They inevitably become Jehovah's Witnesses.

That is not relevant to what I said earlier.


2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

In fact any followers of teh True God and his son, alrady know, what everyonje's right are, and apply them according to God's guidance.

You're only asserting it and not backing it up.

Being tolrerant is great as long as you don;t take it too far. Society now tolrerates Homosexuals. What next? Theives, Rapists, Paedophiles?

Are you comparing tolerance of gays to tolerating thieves, rapists and pedophiles? It's completely different. Homosexuality is not leading to rape or pedophilia. And gay marriage is never forced, nor is it mentally unhealthy by itself. It is not harming society.

Tolerating male / female fornication was teh first step donw from teh moral platform we should occupy. Tolerating Homosexuality was the next. It is a slippery slope and can only lead downwards.

Slippery slope is also the name of the logical fallacy you're committing here. This is also a post-hoc argument.

We should not tolerate what God doesn't.

Not tolerating what God doesn't has so far:

1. Impeded scientific progress

2. Closed the minds of young kids early

3. Stopped people from questioning anything

So, yeah, I'm gonna choose to tolerate the things I tolerate, even if your god doesn't


3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

The vast majority of the rest may as well be. They don't generally live by God's standards, unless that is what they are in prison for, which does happen, and has even happened in what is rather ridiculously called "the land of teh free".

Their imprisonment has nothing to do with the Bible. That's arresting them for thinking for themselves, which is unconstitutional and immoral.


4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

Hey no-one said Atheists don't get some things right.


https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Tolerance is only a good thing if one is tolerating the right things.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 12:37:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 12:10:02 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:55:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

That is a false generalisation.

Some Atheists are every bit as dogmatic, etc. as any Theist, and every bit as wrong as the vast majority of them also.

The simple answer is that if the vast majority of Atheists and Theists were't dogmatic, etc. there would only be one religion on earth and it would be the one Christ actually taught, not one of the multitude of fakes or false religions.

In fact there are two types of Atheist.

Those with minds too closed to bother studying the evidence for God that is all around them, and are prepared to take the words of others.

Then there are those with minds too open, that simply get confused with all the conflicting evidence.

There are three kinds of Theist.

Firstly exactly the same two as above.

Secondly, the much rarer type who have broken free of the indoctrinatipon of their school days, and not allowed themselves to be indoctrinated by anyone else. Instead they have made a conscious decision to examine what evidence is available for themselves and come to rational, uninfluenced conclusions. Having made that effort, they then seek out others of like mind to help and encourage them, as well as the other way round.

They inevitably become Jehovah's Witnesses.

That is not relevant to what I said earlier.


2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

In fact any followers of teh True God and his son, alrady know, what everyonje's right are, and apply them according to God's guidance.

You're only asserting it and not backing it up.

Being tolrerant is great as long as you don;t take it too far. Society now tolrerates Homosexuals. What next? Theives, Rapists, Paedophiles?

Are you comparing tolerance of gays to tolerating thieves, rapists and pedophiles? It's completely different. Homosexuality is not leading to rape or pedophilia. And gay marriage is never forced, nor is it mentally unhealthy by itself. It is not harming society.

Tolerating male / female fornication was teh first step donw from teh moral platform we should occupy. Tolerating Homosexuality was the next. It is a slippery slope and can only lead downwards.

Slippery slope is also the name of the logical fallacy you're committing here. This is also a post-hoc argument.

We should not tolerate what God doesn't.

Not tolerating what God doesn't has so far:

1. Impeded scientific progress

2. Closed the minds of young kids early

3. Stopped people from questioning anything


So, yeah, I'm gonna choose to tolerate the things I tolerate, even if your god doesn't



3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

The vast majority of the rest may as well be. They don't generally live by God's standards, unless that is what they are in prison for, which does happen, and has even happened in what is rather ridiculously called "the land of teh free".

Their imprisonment has nothing to do with the Bible. That's arresting them for thinking for themselves, which is unconstitutional and immoral.


4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

Hey no-one said Atheists don't get some things right.


https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Tolerance is only a good thing if one is tolerating the right things.

I commit no fallacy, but the choice is yours whether or not to acccept that.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 12:56:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 12:37:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:10:02 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:55:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

That is a false generalisation.

Some Atheists are every bit as dogmatic, etc. as any Theist, and every bit as wrong as the vast majority of them also.

The simple answer is that if the vast majority of Atheists and Theists were't dogmatic, etc. there would only be one religion on earth and it would be the one Christ actually taught, not one of the multitude of fakes or false religions.

In fact there are two types of Atheist.

Those with minds too closed to bother studying the evidence for God that is all around them, and are prepared to take the words of others.

Then there are those with minds too open, that simply get confused with all the conflicting evidence.

There are three kinds of Theist.

Firstly exactly the same two as above.

Secondly, the much rarer type who have broken free of the indoctrinatipon of their school days, and not allowed themselves to be indoctrinated by anyone else. Instead they have made a conscious decision to examine what evidence is available for themselves and come to rational, uninfluenced conclusions. Having made that effort, they then seek out others of like mind to help and encourage them, as well as the other way round.

They inevitably become Jehovah's Witnesses.

That is not relevant to what I said earlier.


2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

In fact any followers of teh True God and his son, alrady know, what everyonje's right are, and apply them according to God's guidance.

You're only asserting it and not backing it up.

Being tolrerant is great as long as you don;t take it too far. Society now tolrerates Homosexuals. What next? Theives, Rapists, Paedophiles?

Are you comparing tolerance of gays to tolerating thieves, rapists and pedophiles? It's completely different. Homosexuality is not leading to rape or pedophilia. And gay marriage is never forced, nor is it mentally unhealthy by itself. It is not harming society.

Tolerating male / female fornication was teh first step donw from teh moral platform we should occupy. Tolerating Homosexuality was the next. It is a slippery slope and can only lead downwards.

Slippery slope is also the name of the logical fallacy you're committing here. This is also a post-hoc argument.

We should not tolerate what God doesn't.

Not tolerating what God doesn't has so far:

1. Impeded scientific progress

2. Closed the minds of young kids early

3. Stopped people from questioning anything


So, yeah, I'm gonna choose to tolerate the things I tolerate, even if your god doesn't



3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

The vast majority of the rest may as well be. They don't generally live by God's standards, unless that is what they are in prison for, which does happen, and has even happened in what is rather ridiculously called "the land of teh free".

Their imprisonment has nothing to do with the Bible. That's arresting them for thinking for themselves, which is unconstitutional and immoral.


4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

Hey no-one said Atheists don't get some things right.


https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Tolerance is only a good thing if one is tolerating the right things.

I commit no fallacy, but the choice is yours whether or not to acccept that.

You committed the slippery slope fallacy.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:06:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 12:56:24 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:37:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:10:02 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:55:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

That is a false generalisation.

Some Atheists are every bit as dogmatic, etc. as any Theist, and every bit as wrong as the vast majority of them also.

The simple answer is that if the vast majority of Atheists and Theists were't dogmatic, etc. there would only be one religion on earth and it would be the one Christ actually taught, not one of the multitude of fakes or false religions.

In fact there are two types of Atheist.

Those with minds too closed to bother studying the evidence for God that is all around them, and are prepared to take the words of others.

Then there are those with minds too open, that simply get confused with all the conflicting evidence.

There are three kinds of Theist.

Firstly exactly the same two as above.

Secondly, the much rarer type who have broken free of the indoctrinatipon of their school days, and not allowed themselves to be indoctrinated by anyone else. Instead they have made a conscious decision to examine what evidence is available for themselves and come to rational, uninfluenced conclusions. Having made that effort, they then seek out others of like mind to help and encourage them, as well as the other way round.

They inevitably become Jehovah's Witnesses.

That is not relevant to what I said earlier.


2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

In fact any followers of teh True God and his son, alrady know, what everyonje's right are, and apply them according to God's guidance.

You're only asserting it and not backing it up.

Being tolrerant is great as long as you don;t take it too far. Society now tolrerates Homosexuals. What next? Theives, Rapists, Paedophiles?

Are you comparing tolerance of gays to tolerating thieves, rapists and pedophiles? It's completely different. Homosexuality is not leading to rape or pedophilia. And gay marriage is never forced, nor is it mentally unhealthy by itself. It is not harming society.

Tolerating male / female fornication was teh first step donw from teh moral platform we should occupy. Tolerating Homosexuality was the next. It is a slippery slope and can only lead downwards.

Slippery slope is also the name of the logical fallacy you're committing here. This is also a post-hoc argument.

We should not tolerate what God doesn't.

Not tolerating what God doesn't has so far:

1. Impeded scientific progress

2. Closed the minds of young kids early

3. Stopped people from questioning anything


So, yeah, I'm gonna choose to tolerate the things I tolerate, even if your god doesn't



3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

The vast majority of the rest may as well be. They don't generally live by God's standards, unless that is what they are in prison for, which does happen, and has even happened in what is rather ridiculously called "the land of teh free".

Their imprisonment has nothing to do with the Bible. That's arresting them for thinking for themselves, which is unconstitutional and immoral.


4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

Hey no-one said Atheists don't get some things right.


https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Tolerance is only a good thing if one is tolerating the right things.

I commit no fallacy, but the choice is yours whether or not to acccept that.

You committed the slippery slope fallacy.

Nope, I simly pointed out that you are on it.

I commit no fallacy, what I teach is 100% truth. It is no surprise that just as in the days of Christ, and others before him, the vast majority don;t want to know the truth.

I just hope that being part of teh majority that are bound for destruction is some comfort to you.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 5:28:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 4:06:58 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:56:24 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:37:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:10:02 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:55:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

That is a false generalisation.

Some Atheists are every bit as dogmatic, etc. as any Theist, and every bit as wrong as the vast majority of them also.

The simple answer is that if the vast majority of Atheists and Theists were't dogmatic, etc. there would only be one religion on earth and it would be the one Christ actually taught, not one of the multitude of fakes or false religions.

In fact there are two types of Atheist.

Those with minds too closed to bother studying the evidence for God that is all around them, and are prepared to take the words of others.

Then there are those with minds too open, that simply get confused with all the conflicting evidence.

There are three kinds of Theist.

Firstly exactly the same two as above.

Secondly, the much rarer type who have broken free of the indoctrinatipon of their school days, and not allowed themselves to be indoctrinated by anyone else. Instead they have made a conscious decision to examine what evidence is available for themselves and come to rational, uninfluenced conclusions. Having made that effort, they then seek out others of like mind to help and encourage them, as well as the other way round.

They inevitably become Jehovah's Witnesses.

That is not relevant to what I said earlier.


2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

In fact any followers of teh True God and his son, alrady know, what everyonje's right are, and apply them according to God's guidance.

You're only asserting it and not backing it up.

Being tolrerant is great as long as you don;t take it too far. Society now tolrerates Homosexuals. What next? Theives, Rapists, Paedophiles?

Are you comparing tolerance of gays to tolerating thieves, rapists and pedophiles? It's completely different. Homosexuality is not leading to rape or pedophilia. And gay marriage is never forced, nor is it mentally unhealthy by itself. It is not harming society.

Tolerating male / female fornication was teh first step donw from teh moral platform we should occupy. Tolerating Homosexuality was the next. It is a slippery slope and can only lead downwards.

Slippery slope is also the name of the logical fallacy you're committing here. This is also a post-hoc argument.

We should not tolerate what God doesn't.

Not tolerating what God doesn't has so far:

1. Impeded scientific progress

2. Closed the minds of young kids early

3. Stopped people from questioning anything


So, yeah, I'm gonna choose to tolerate the things I tolerate, even if your god doesn't



3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

The vast majority of the rest may as well be. They don't generally live by God's standards, unless that is what they are in prison for, which does happen, and has even happened in what is rather ridiculously called "the land of teh free".

Their imprisonment has nothing to do with the Bible. That's arresting them for thinking for themselves, which is unconstitutional and immoral.


4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

Hey no-one said Atheists don't get some things right.


https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Tolerance is only a good thing if one is tolerating the right things.

I commit no fallacy, but the choice is yours whether or not to acccept that.

You committed the slippery slope fallacy.

Nope, I simly pointed out that you are on it.

You said that gay marriage is gong to lead us down a slippery slope of irrational tolerance. That is the slippery slope fallacy.

I commit no fallacy, what I teach is 100% truth. It is no surprise that just as in the days of Christ, and others before him, the vast majority don;t want to know the truth.

What you teach is not testable, so I can dismiss it.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 5:45:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...

propaganda. I see assertions and nothing to back them up. Least of all the stawman that Atheism is from Satan.
brianwsenior
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 12:41:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.


https://www.psychologytoday.com...

You should really study some history.

1) Stalin was an atheist and killed millions of people. And he was very dogmatic about it. And yes, he was a little bit of an Authoritarian. (That could be the understatement of the century!!!)

2) An altruistic atheist....mmm...I guess thats why there are soooo many Atheist hospitals, orphanages, thrift stores, and overseas outreaches to the poor! (you'll probably NEVER see any Christian organizations doing this work!!)

2) Darwinian evolutionary "theory" was used as justification for the slavery of millions and the main basis for racial bias in modern history. Most evolutionary proponents are VERY dogmatic and EXTREMELY closed minded on this issue also.

3) There would be virtually NO WOMENS RIGHTS on this planet without the advent of Christianity.

4) I don't have any stats in front of me at the moment, but I do know that the prison population has little or nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with drug and alcohol abuse and the breakdown of the family unit. (Although you could make a strong case that LACK of religion did lead to many committing violent crimes)

5) To say that Christians are against "Gay Rights" (in most cases) is a mischaracterization, most Christians want gay people to have the same equal rights as everyone else. What Christians are against is re-defining marriage. Civil unions would have given gays all the same rights and protected the definition of marriage. The gay rights activists are closed minded to this solution.

6) While statistics are fun to play with, the fact of the matter is this; I could tell you that countries that sell coca-cola have much higher violent crime rate than those that don't. That doesn't mean that coca-cola is the underlying factor behind the high crime rates now does it?
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 1:27:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 12:41:45 AM, brianwsenior wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.



https://www.psychologytoday.com...

You should really study some history.

1) Stalin was an atheist and killed millions of people. And he was very dogmatic about it. And yes, he was a little bit of an Authoritarian. (That could be the understatement of the century!!!)

And those people were not killed as a simple matter of faith.

2) An altruistic atheist....mmm...I guess thats why there are soooo many Atheist hospitals, orphanages, thrift stores, and overseas outreaches to the poor! (you'll probably NEVER see any Christian organizations doing this work!!)

Get rid of the tax breaks and see how many religious are still doing it. ;)

2) Darwinian evolutionary "theory" was used as justification for the slavery of millions and the main basis for racial bias in modern history. Most evolutionary proponents are VERY dogmatic and EXTREMELY closed minded on this issue also.

Scripture was used in the same fashion.

3) There would be virtually NO WOMENS RIGHTS on this planet without the advent of Christianity.

Lulz. There is really no way of adequately demonstrating how unsupported that is.

4) I don't have any stats in front of me at the moment, but I do know that the prison population has little or nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with drug and alcohol abuse and the breakdown of the family unit. (Although you could make a strong case that LACK of religion did lead to many committing violent crimes)

Then when you would care to make that argument, and have some stats in front of you, come back.

5) To say that Christians are against "Gay Rights" (in most cases) is a mischaracterization, most Christians want gay people to have the same equal rights as everyone else. What Christians are against is re-defining marriage.

Since its not a re-definition, there should be no problem, and since Christians hold no monopoly or specific rights to marriage, there should be no problem. It is to laugh.

Civil unions would have given gays all the same rights and protected the definition of marriage.

No, it wouldn't have. Florida's Constitution specifically worded its 2nd amendment to exclude civil unions from having any variety of effect. Many other states follow suit.

The gay rights activists are closed minded to this solution.

Because you don't have a solution, as the Florida Constitution demonstrates. You have a placation which offers no benefit.


6) While statistics are fun to play with, the fact of the matter is this; I could tell you that countries that sell coca-cola have much higher violent crime rate than those that don't. That doesn't mean that coca-cola is the underlying factor behind the high crime rates now does it?

So I could tell you that Stalin being an atheist has no correlation to his regime, and that would eliminate your argument, correct?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 1:45:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 9:55:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

That is a false generalisation.

Some Atheists are every bit as dogmatic, etc. as any Theist, and every bit as wrong as the vast majority of them also.

The simple answer is that if the vast majority of Atheists and Theists were't dogmatic, etc. there would only be one religion on earth and it would be the one Christ actually taught, not one of the multitude of fakes or false religions.

In fact there are two types of Atheist.

Those with minds too closed to bother studying the evidence for God that is all around them, and are prepared to take the words of others.

Then there are those with minds too open, that simply get confused with all the conflicting evidence.

I disagree. Many atheists are so because of a LACK of evidence.

You however, suggest that there is evidence, and have been exhorted many times to demonstrate the evidence corroborating the god you speak of.

Are you able?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 7:12:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 2:48:58 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Those who claim there is evidence to support the existence deity, cannot provide it!

We don't need to, it is all around you if you open your eyes, and actually think for yourself rather than accept what others tell you.

As Paul said, those who cannot see God in his creation are inexcusable. They were back then and are even more so the mroe we learn about his creation.

Your choice.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 7:17:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 1:45:09 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:55:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

That is a false generalisation.

Some Atheists are every bit as dogmatic, etc. as any Theist, and every bit as wrong as the vast majority of them also.

The simple answer is that if the vast majority of Atheists and Theists were't dogmatic, etc. there would only be one religion on earth and it would be the one Christ actually taught, not one of the multitude of fakes or false religions.

In fact there are two types of Atheist.

Those with minds too closed to bother studying the evidence for God that is all around them, and are prepared to take the words of others.

Then there are those with minds too open, that simply get confused with all the conflicting evidence.

I disagree. Many atheists are so because of a LACK of evidence.

You however, suggest that there is evidence, and have been exhorted many times to demonstrate the evidence corroborating the god you speak of.

Are you able?

I have done numerous times. Are you able to admit it? Or are you incapable of seeing it? Arte you even capable of looking at the world around you and thinkng for yourself?

Like I say continually, there eally is no reason to deny God.

Those who do had no excuse in Paul's day, and the more we learn about God's creation, the less excuse we have.

I had to check it out for msyelf, why should you not have to?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 7:18:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 1:27:29 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/4/2015 12:41:45 AM, brianwsenior wrote:


So I could tell you that Stalin being an atheist has no correlation to his regime, and that would eliminate your argument, correct?

How can anyone possibly know that?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 7:22:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 5:28:19 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 4:06:58 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:56:24 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:37:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:10:02 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:55:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

That is a false generalisation.

Some Atheists are every bit as dogmatic, etc. as any Theist, and every bit as wrong as the vast majority of them also.

The simple answer is that if the vast majority of Atheists and Theists were't dogmatic, etc. there would only be one religion on earth and it would be the one Christ actually taught, not one of the multitude of fakes or false religions.

In fact there are two types of Atheist.

Those with minds too closed to bother studying the evidence for God that is all around them, and are prepared to take the words of others.

Then there are those with minds too open, that simply get confused with all the conflicting evidence.

There are three kinds of Theist.

Firstly exactly the same two as above.

Secondly, the much rarer type who have broken free of the indoctrinatipon of their school days, and not allowed themselves to be indoctrinated by anyone else. Instead they have made a conscious decision to examine what evidence is available for themselves and come to rational, uninfluenced conclusions. Having made that effort, they then seek out others of like mind to help and encourage them, as well as the other way round.

They inevitably become Jehovah's Witnesses.

That is not relevant to what I said earlier.


2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

In fact any followers of teh True God and his son, alrady know, what everyonje's right are, and apply them according to God's guidance.

You're only asserting it and not backing it up.

Being tolrerant is great as long as you don;t take it too far. Society now tolrerates Homosexuals. What next? Theives, Rapists, Paedophiles?

Are you comparing tolerance of gays to tolerating thieves, rapists and pedophiles? It's completely different. Homosexuality is not leading to rape or pedophilia. And gay marriage is never forced, nor is it mentally unhealthy by itself. It is not harming society.

Tolerating male / female fornication was teh first step donw from teh moral platform we should occupy. Tolerating Homosexuality was the next. It is a slippery slope and can only lead downwards.

Slippery slope is also the name of the logical fallacy you're committing here. This is also a post-hoc argument.

We should not tolerate what God doesn't.

Not tolerating what God doesn't has so far:

1. Impeded scientific progress

2. Closed the minds of young kids early

3. Stopped people from questioning anything


So, yeah, I'm gonna choose to tolerate the things I tolerate, even if your god doesn't



3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

The vast majority of the rest may as well be. They don't generally live by God's standards, unless that is what they are in prison for, which does happen, and has even happened in what is rather ridiculously called "the land of teh free".

Their imprisonment has nothing to do with the Bible. That's arresting them for thinking for themselves, which is unconstitutional and immoral.


4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

Hey no-one said Atheists don't get some things right.


https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Tolerance is only a good thing if one is tolerating the right things.

I commit no fallacy, but the choice is yours whether or not to acccept that.

You committed the slippery slope fallacy.

Nope, I simly pointed out that you are on it.

You said that gay marriage is gong to lead us down a slippery slope of irrational tolerance. That is the slippery slope fallacy.

I commit no fallacy, what I teach is 100% truth. It is no surprise that just as in the days of Christ, and others before him, the vast majority don;t want to know the truth.

What you teach is not testable, so I can dismiss it.

On the contrary, I have tested it out, so could you if you really wanted to.

I don't believe anything until I have tested it out, let alone develope as strong a faith as I have without having done so thoroughly and deciding it is unassailable truth.

You can still dismniss it if you wish, but why not test it out and see first? You won;t regret it. I certainly never have, even though Iw as reluctant to accept it at first.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 7:56:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 7:22:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 5:28:19 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 4:06:58 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:56:24 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:37:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 12:10:02 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:55:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

That is a false generalisation.

Some Atheists are every bit as dogmatic, etc. as any Theist, and every bit as wrong as the vast majority of them also.

The simple answer is that if the vast majority of Atheists and Theists were't dogmatic, etc. there would only be one religion on earth and it would be the one Christ actually taught, not one of the multitude of fakes or false religions.

In fact there are two types of Atheist.

Those with minds too closed to bother studying the evidence for God that is all around them, and are prepared to take the words of others.

Then there are those with minds too open, that simply get confused with all the conflicting evidence.

There are three kinds of Theist.

Firstly exactly the same two as above.

Secondly, the much rarer type who have broken free of the indoctrinatipon of their school days, and not allowed themselves to be indoctrinated by anyone else. Instead they have made a conscious decision to examine what evidence is available for themselves and come to rational, uninfluenced conclusions. Having made that effort, they then seek out others of like mind to help and encourage them, as well as the other way round.

They inevitably become Jehovah's Witnesses.

That is not relevant to what I said earlier.


2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

In fact any followers of teh True God and his son, alrady know, what everyonje's right are, and apply them according to God's guidance.

You're only asserting it and not backing it up.

Being tolrerant is great as long as you don;t take it too far. Society now tolrerates Homosexuals. What next? Theives, Rapists, Paedophiles?

Are you comparing tolerance of gays to tolerating thieves, rapists and pedophiles? It's completely different. Homosexuality is not leading to rape or pedophilia. And gay marriage is never forced, nor is it mentally unhealthy by itself. It is not harming society.

Tolerating male / female fornication was teh first step donw from teh moral platform we should occupy. Tolerating Homosexuality was the next. It is a slippery slope and can only lead downwards.

Slippery slope is also the name of the logical fallacy you're committing here. This is also a post-hoc argument.

We should not tolerate what God doesn't.

Not tolerating what God doesn't has so far:

1. Impeded scientific progress

2. Closed the minds of young kids early

3. Stopped people from questioning anything


So, yeah, I'm gonna choose to tolerate the things I tolerate, even if your god doesn't



3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

The vast majority of the rest may as well be. They don't generally live by God's standards, unless that is what they are in prison for, which does happen, and has even happened in what is rather ridiculously called "the land of teh free".

Their imprisonment has nothing to do with the Bible. That's arresting them for thinking for themselves, which is unconstitutional and immoral.


4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

Hey no-one said Atheists don't get some things right.


https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Tolerance is only a good thing if one is tolerating the right things.

I commit no fallacy, but the choice is yours whether or not to acccept that.

You committed the slippery slope fallacy.

Nope, I simly pointed out that you are on it.

You said that gay marriage is gong to lead us down a slippery slope of irrational tolerance. That is the slippery slope fallacy.

I commit no fallacy, what I teach is 100% truth. It is no surprise that just as in the days of Christ, and others before him, the vast majority don;t want to know the truth.

What you teach is not testable, so I can dismiss it.

On the contrary, I have tested it out, so could you if you really wanted to.

Your test was biased and I'm talking about "test" as in scientific.

I don't believe anything until I have tested it out, let alone develope as strong a faith as I have without having done so thoroughly and deciding it is unassailable truth.

faith is defined as belief without proof, and thus by definition not rational.

You can still dismniss it if you wish, but why not test it out and see first? You won;t regret it. I certainly never have, even though Iw as reluctant to accept it at first.

I accepted it as a kid and had reluctance to deny it. Then I became an atheist, and then I became agnostic.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 8:16:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 7:18:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/4/2015 1:27:29 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/4/2015 12:41:45 AM, brianwsenior wrote:


So I could tell you that Stalin being an atheist has no correlation to his regime, and that would eliminate your argument, correct?

How can anyone possibly know that?

Well, it seems be be almost implicitly understood amongst the religious that he did it -because- he was an atheist, or in the name of atheism, what you are jumping in on, it sounded like a correlation does not equal causation argument, except selectively applied.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 8:48:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 5:45:06 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...

propaganda. I see assertions and nothing to back them up. Least of all the stawman that Atheism is from Satan.

It's verified by studies. And it's not a strawman. Christians really do believe that.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 8:54:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 8:16:02 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/4/2015 7:18:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/4/2015 1:27:29 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/4/2015 12:41:45 AM, brianwsenior wrote:


So I could tell you that Stalin being an atheist has no correlation to his regime, and that would eliminate your argument, correct?

How can anyone possibly know that?

Well, it seems be be almost implicitly understood amongst the religious that he did it -because- he was an atheist, or in the name of atheism, what you are jumping in on, it sounded like a correlation does not equal causation argument, except selectively applied.

Thanks.

Yes, lol, I"m quite good at jumping in where I see something I need to get clear in my head, and possibly comment on afterwards, lol.

I don't know about him doing it because of being an Atheist.

I do know beyond any doubt that had he been a True Christian, he could not have done.

In fact as a True Christian he could not have been involved in human politics at any level, or of any sort.

Christ ordered his followers to be "no part of this world" and in fact prayed to his father that whilst they could not be taken out of the world they should not actually be part of it either.

That even rules out voting in elections.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 9:57:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 12:41:45 AM, brianwsenior wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.



https://www.psychologytoday.com...

You should really study some history.

1) Stalin was an atheist and killed millions of people. And he was very dogmatic about it. And yes, he was a little bit of an Authoritarian. (That could be the understatement of the century!!!)

2) An altruistic atheist....mmm...I guess thats why there are soooo many Atheist hospitals, orphanages, thrift stores, and overseas outreaches to the poor! (you'll probably NEVER see any Christian organizations doing this work!!)

2) Darwinian evolutionary "theory" was used as justification for the slavery of millions and the main basis for racial bias in modern history. Most evolutionary proponents are VERY dogmatic and EXTREMELY closed minded on this issue also.

3) There would be virtually NO WOMENS RIGHTS on this planet without the advent of Christianity.

4) I don't have any stats in front of me at the moment, but I do know that the prison population has little or nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with drug and alcohol abuse and the breakdown of the family unit. (Although you could make a strong case that LACK of religion did lead to many committing violent crimes)

5) To say that Christians are against "Gay Rights" (in most cases) is a mischaracterization, most Christians want gay people to have the same equal rights as everyone else. What Christians are against is re-defining marriage. Civil unions would have given gays all the same rights and protected the definition of marriage. The gay rights activists are closed minded to this solution.

6) While statistics are fun to play with, the fact of the matter is this; I could tell you that countries that sell coca-cola have much higher violent crime rate than those that don't. That doesn't mean that coca-cola is the underlying factor behind the high crime rates now does it?

You should read too. Hitler was a catholic. Stalin attended seminary school. Pol Pot was a Buddhist. All three were indoctrinated by their religions before they became genocidal.
The Atheist Atrocities Fallacy " Hitler, Stalin & Pol Pot

https://michaelsherlockauthor.wordpress.com...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 10:41:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

Altruism is for idiots

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

It's easier to get paroled if you're religious plus the stats a skewed from people pretending to be certain religions to get the benefits of practicing that religion in prison such as special food, a book at prisons that don't allow one more communal activities such as worship with other inmates.

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

My answer to that isn't even one you'd want to hear.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 11:32:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 12:41:45 AM, brianwsenior wrote:
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.



https://www.psychologytoday.com...

You should really study some history.

1) Stalin was an atheist and killed millions of people. And he was very dogmatic about it. And yes, he was a little bit of an Authoritarian. (That could be the understatement of the century!!!)

And Stalin (or Pott) did not kill BECAUSE of atheism. Study history? Seriously? Stalin destroyed churches in the name of atheism. The people he killed were killed for daring to oppose HIM. Atheism was never a motivation in his murderous sprees. Perhaps you should take your own advice on studying some history...

2) An altruistic atheist....mmm...I guess thats why there are soooo many Atheist hospitals, orphanages, thrift stores, and overseas outreaches to the poor! (you'll probably NEVER see any Christian organizations doing this work!!)

There is really no data to confirm either side of this argument... Given that more than half of all "charitable donations" are to churches, and churches spend LAVISH amounts of money on their ornamentation as compared to their "outreach programs," what is given to churches cannot really even be counted as "charitable." Just think of the untold BILLIONS of the catholic church, their gold, their ornaments, their art (much of it stolen/confiscated in the name of their authority from divinity), their land, etc. Just what portion of this actually goes toward "helping the needy?" How many of those overseas "orphanages" have been exposed as fraudulent by investigative reporters? How much of this "outreach" is nothing more than a scam, intended to prompt more generosity? This point is a wash, in all reality...

2) Darwinian evolutionary "theory" was used as justification for the slavery of millions and the main basis for racial bias in modern history. Most evolutionary proponents are VERY dogmatic and EXTREMELY closed minded on this issue also.

Darwin and his evolutionary theory has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the rejection of religious deities. Evolution and atheism are too often used interchangeably, when they are mutually exclusive.

3) There would be virtually NO WOMENS RIGHTS on this planet without the advent of Christianity.

This is absolute BULL5HIT. The church's misogyny has been the lynch pin of the oppression of women, throughout history. NO ONE has oppressed women more than religion.

4) I don't have any stats in front of me at the moment, but I do know that the prison population has little or nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with drug and alcohol abuse and the breakdown of the family unit. (Although you could make a strong case that LACK of religion did lead to many committing violent crimes)

This is pure, unadulterated propaganda. The poster to whom you replied was speaking of the population that is incarcerated. The overwhelming majority of those in prison in the US are religious. The claim that religion makes one more moral is what is called into question, here. Despite the claim on morality, what creates more situations leading to imprisonment than ANY other cause is POVERTY. Try learning something on a topic, before attempting to spew any words in a public forum.

5) To say that Christians are against "Gay Rights" (in most cases) is a mischaracterization, most Christians want gay people to have the same equal rights as everyone else. What Christians are against is re-defining marriage. Civil unions would have given gays all the same rights and protected the definition of marriage. The gay rights activists are closed minded to this solution.

First, there are no such things as "Gay Rights." There are only HUMAN rights, but those HUMAN rights are more likely to be denied or violated if an individual is LGBT. Those MOST LIKELY to be denying/violating are religious people. Prop 8, in California, is a good example. It was almost exclusively funded, in its lobbying, by religious organizations. Why? Because RELIGIOUS organizations believe it to be sinful. Based on what? RELIGIOUS beliefs. Get a clue. LGBT humans are asking that their EQUAL, fundamental human rights (the right to love according to their own nature) be recognized. It is the religious community that responds with a resounding, "NO!"

6) While statistics are fun to play with, the fact of the matter is this; I could tell you that countries that sell coca-cola have much higher violent crime rate than those that don't. That doesn't mean that coca-cola is the underlying factor behind the high crime rates now does it?

Perhaps you should take this realization, and apply it to how you view the behavior of the religious. You might be surprised at what you discover, when your religious blinders have been removed...
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 12:02:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 7:12:10 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/4/2015 2:48:58 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Those who claim there is evidence to support the existence deity, cannot provide it!

We don't need to, it is all around you if you open your eyes, and actually think for yourself rather than accept what others tell you.

As Paul said, those who cannot see God in his creation are inexcusable. They were back then and are even more so the mroe we learn about his creation.

Your choice.

The writers of the bible were all very good at providing well-worded escape hatches and self-fulfilling prophecies...
People won't believe you! It will be due to their own blindness!
Preemptive blanket excuses are always the most effective, but only for those who blindly accepted in the first place.,
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
RaceRealist
Posts: 26
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 12:02:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 9:11:40 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
1. Atheists are less prejudiced, dogmatic, racist, ethnocentric, closed-minded, authoritatrian, and less anit-semitic than religious people.

2. Irreligious people are more altruistic and supportive of women's rights, gender equality, and gay rights.

3. Only %0.2 of US prisoners are atheists

4. Murder and crime rates are higher in highly religious countries. The same also goes for U.S. states.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...

1. Atheists are not less dogmatic than christians. Many of them are more dogmatic IMO. Many of them will claim their is no god or tell me they are an atheist. Like being an atheist is going to get you special treatment. And from what i've noticed on DDO, many atheists are prejudiced against theists.

2. So? With moral relativism, atheists can claim they have the moral high ground whenever they feel like