Jump to topic:

The Christian Goal

Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 6:07:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was reading a post just now and though I should ask everyone here a few things.

First, what is the Christians goal in life? As a believer and follow of Christ, what do you think your goal is, and if you are an undecided or "lack" a belief in any God, what do you think is the goal of a Christian?

Second, which is similar to the first, what do you believe the Christians primary hope is?

Third, what is a Christians main fear?

I understand these questions can seem relative, but I think most Christians who are slightly mature in their faith will have very similar answers. I've noticed for quite some time now that many non-believers have a pretty universal belief as to what they think a Christians goal, hope, and fear is, and its very far off from what I know to be true.

So, lets hear it. =)
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 6:28:23 PM
At 2/4/2015 6:07:41 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
I was reading a post just now and though I should ask everyone here a few things.

First, what is the Christians goal in life? As a believer and follow of Christ, what do you think your goal is, and if you are an undecided or "lack" a belief in any God, what do you think is the goal of a Christian?

As an ex Christian, I think the Christians goal which is drummed into them is to love God with all their heart and mind and love their neighbors as themselves.
Some also set a goal to follow Jesus perfect example and be perfect as the Father is perfect but all mostly fail due to it also being drummed into them that none can be perfect in this mortal life.

Second, which is similar to the first, what do you believe the Christians primary hope is?

Their main hope is to enter heaven after they die so they attempt to do what they believe it takes to get there including believing in invisible entities and preaching some gospel which they believe to be true, in order to make every effort to obey Jesus commands and "win souls to the kingdom." They do it by proselytizing people into their particular religious sects and cults.

Their main fear is to end up in hell after they die and be rejected by their so called "Lord" which they serve in this life. They fear hearing the words "Sorry, I never knew you.. depart from me you workers of iniquity." Yet they continue to preach false doctrines in the name of truth.

I understand these questions can seem relative, but I think most Christians who are slightly mature in their faith will have very similar answers. I've noticed for quite some time now that many non-believers have a pretty universal belief as to what they think a Christians goal, hope, and fear is, and its very far off from what I know to be true.

So, lets hear it. =)

So what do you know to be true in your own eyes?
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 10:13:24 AM

Nice to see you back P7! The intellectual level of the board suffers when you're away.

Jesus is the goal of the true Christian. Nothing but. Not eternal life, not Heaven, not pleasure, but Jesus. All Jesus, all the time.

Jhn 14:3 - And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Our goal, and Jesus' goal, is to be together. He wants us to be with Him, and we want to be where He is. If I was with Him, I wouldn't care one bit about where I was. I only want to be in Heaven because He's there. If He was in Hell, or even Toledo, I'd want to be there too. Our final and only goal is Jesus.

My primary hope is to be a profitable servant to His Royal Highness. I want to have value in His eyes as a servant. I want to be useful to Him.

Luk 17:7 - "When a servant comes in from plowing or taking care of sheep, does his master say, "Come in and eat with me"?
Luk 17:8 - No, he says, "Prepare my meal, put on your apron, and serve me while I eat. Then you can eat later."
Luk 17:9 - And does the master thank the servant for doing what he was told to do? Of course not.
Luk 17:10 - In the same way, when you obey me you should say, "We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty."

For me it is to do something that is not pleasing to Him. That I am, knowingly or unknowingly, ungrateful or unappreciative for the love, grace and mercy He has always shown me. I know nothing can stop Him from loving me, but that doesn't give me the right to be an unwashed moron. The day He says to me, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of your Lord" If He doesn't actively keep me alive at that moment, I will die in an explosion of sheer ecstasy.

So, lets hear it. =)

My 2 cents.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 10:17:38 AM
At 2/5/2015 10:13:24 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Nice to see you back P7! The intellectual level of the board suffers when you're away.

Jesus is the goal of the true Christian. Nothing but. Not eternal life, not Heaven, not pleasure, but Jesus. All Jesus, all the time.

Jhn 14:3 - And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Our goal, and Jesus' goal, is to be together. He wants us to be with Him, and we want to be where He is. If I was with Him, I wouldn't care one bit about where I was. I only want to be in Heaven because He's there. If He was in Hell, or even Toledo, I'd want to be there too. Our final and only goal is Jesus.

My primary hope is to be a profitable servant to His Royal Highness. I want to have value in His eyes as a servant. I want to be useful to Him.

Luk 17:7 - "When a servant comes in from plowing or taking care of sheep, does his master say, "Come in and eat with me"?
Luk 17:8 - No, he says, "Prepare my meal, put on your apron, and serve me while I eat. Then you can eat later."
Luk 17:9 - And does the master thank the servant for doing what he was told to do? Of course not.
Luk 17:10 - In the same way, when you obey me you should say, "We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty."

For me it is to do something that is not pleasing to Him. That I am, knowingly or unknowingly, ungrateful or unappreciative for the love, grace and mercy He has always shown me. I know nothing can stop Him from loving me, but that doesn't give me the right to be an unwashed moron. The day He says to me, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of your Lord" If He doesn't actively keep me alive at that moment, I will die in an explosion of sheer ecstasy.

So, lets hear it. =)

My 2 cents.
We are going to need a lot more Christians responding before it can get us a coffee at StarBucks!!!
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 11:56:51 AM
At 2/4/2015 6:28:23 PM, Skyangel wrote:
First, what is the Christians goal in life?

As an ex Christian, I think the Christians goal which is drummed into them is to love God with all their heart and mind and love their neighbors as themselves.
Some also set a goal to follow Jesus perfect example and be perfect as the Father is perfect but all mostly fail due to it also being drummed into them that none can be perfect in this mortal life.

This is pretty much what I'd assume from most people. Now I hope this doesn't come off as insulting but, If this is the impression you were left with as a Christian, I can see why you no longer are.

The Goal I know to be true, is what Ethang said. Christ is my goal, and to bring glory to the Father. I believe this not only to be our goal, but our purpose. You aren't completely wrong though... I don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. With our focus on Christ and Glory to God, he will slowly change our hearts so we do love him and our neighbors increasingly, and as a result we will be more Christ-like.

The key word for this is: Longsuffering..lol

Their main hope is to enter heaven after they die so they attempt to do what they believe it takes to get there including believing in invisible entities and preaching some gospel which they believe to be true, in order to make every effort to obey Jesus commands and "win souls to the kingdom." They do it by proselytizing people into their particular religious sects and cults.

Once again, a very predictable response, and I'm sorry that this is the experience you had with Christianity... it's highly possible you were a victim of false teaching.

Either way, my hope isn't to go to heaven. Will it be nice to go to heaven? of course, its not a bad perk... but tbh, I have no idea what heaven really is... and I'm not to concerned with it. Like my friend Ethang said, my hope is that I can advance my Fathers kingdom, and show his love and his holiness. But, before you say it, NO not by conquest, and not by shoving it down peoples throats..

Key words here: Salt and Light

Their main fear is to end up in hell after they die and be rejected by their so called "Lord" which they serve in this life. They fear hearing the words "Sorry, I never knew you.. depart from me you workers of iniquity." Yet they continue to preach false doctrines in the name of truth.

Well it seems I'm 3 for 3 so far...lol Very common misinterpretation. My main fear is that I'll hinder my brothers and sisters in Christ's growth. I sincerely do not want to mislead any one into making their suffering any worse. As a Christian, we suffer a great deal, and in different ways than the rest of the world, not that its more than non-believers, but different; we've been called to suffer. I'd hate to hear something I said or did caused a person who isn't in the same place with their faith as I am to sin, or experience more suffering.
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 12:00:17 PM

Spot on E5 ;)

Amen.

I'm glad the first Christian to respond actually did have such a like mind!! Would have been embarrassing if after I said we'd have similar responses that the first one was way different than my own hahah...
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 1:23:51 PM
Bump
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 3:08:02 PM

So, lets hear it. =)

I believe my goal is to share the gospel through intellectual means and through music. Everybody's main goal should be sharing the gospel, but their talents will always differ in how they use it.

The primary hope, I believe, is that when we die, we are reconclied in heaven. But the other hope is a popular idea from people like N.T. Wright. That is, a new heaven and earth will be built and our souls will go into these new bodies. Life after "Life After Death."

The main fear is death and the idea of being wrong. When you think about death in the state of darkness and not doing anything, it takes joy out of you. I thought about this last night. I could leave a legacy behind, but I'd still wouldn't enjoy that much. It brought a feeling I couldn't explain. But it wasn't good. I can say that much. So that's what I think the fear is.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 3:58:44 PM
The Christian goal is based on a misguided belief the values it promotes are honourable. Jesus like Buddha preached the golden rule to love one another. Both talked about a better place for Buddha it was peace within and the goal enlightenment. For Jesus it was the new kingdom on earth. But Jesus put a condition on how one could enter it, they had to accept and believe him and those that did not would be damned.
The Christian goal is to convert people to the accept Jesus a man that even his own people of his time rejected and put him to death as a criminal.
What about eternal damnation? That is the wish of all Christians on those that will not accept a deluded carpenter who suffered from a messiah complex as their God. And this they call Christian love.
For God so loved the world that he killed his only son Jesus so whosoever does not believe in him shall perish. Death begets death.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 4:31:47 PM

So, lets hear it. =)

If you define a christian as one who believes the doctrines and traditions of the universal church that was established by Emperor Constantine in the fourth century, some 300 years after the apostolic church of Jesus Christ had been founded in Jerusalem, or the teachings of her daughter denominational bodies that were born of her spirit=false teachings, before breaking away from their mother body to establish families of their own; then I am no christian.

Although I believe the Holy Scriptures from which Jesus and his apostles taught, and that the man Jesus was the first fruits to be harvested from the body of mankind, and has been chosen as our King and High Priest.

Now then, as to your questions: My goal is to be like my brother Jesus and to win the victory and sit beside my brother in the throne of our heavenly Father.

See Revelation 3: 21; "To those who win the victory I will give the right to sit beside me on my throne, just as I have been victorious and now sit beside my Father on his throne."

And we Know that his Father is our Father. John 20: 17; Jesus says to Mary Magdalene; "Go to my brothers and tell them that I ascend to He who is my Father and their Father, my God and their God.

Some bibles such as the catholic study bible, have erroneously interpreted the Greek [anabaino] which means "To go up" as "Return." Now there are many Greek word that can be translated to mean "Return," but [anabaino] is not one of them.

So this then is my goal: "To enter the race and win myself a position beside my brother Jesus in the throne of Godhead to the creation. To be one of the required number to win one of those seats."

Secondly: Jesus is my hope, as Paul says in 1st Timothy : "From Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by order of [God our saviour] and [Christ Jesus our hope.]

Thirdly: My only fear is that I might fall short of the wonderful glory that has been promised to all those who are able to win the victory.
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 10:51:30 PM
At 2/5/2015 3:58:44 PM, Harikrish wrote:
The Christian goal is based on a misguided belief the values it promotes are honourable. Jesus like Buddha preached the golden rule to love one another. Both talked about a better place for Buddha it was peace within and the goal enlightenment. For Jesus it was the new kingdom on earth. But Jesus put a condition on how one could enter it, they had to accept and believe him and those that did not would be damned.
The Christian goal is to convert people to the accept Jesus a man that even his own people of his time rejected and put him to death as a criminal.
What about eternal damnation? That is the wish of all Christians on those that will not accept a deluded carpenter who suffered from a messiah complex as their God. And this they call Christian love.
For God so loved the world that he killed his only son Jesus so whosoever does not believe in him shall perish. Death begets death.

Christ's death did not lead to eternal punishiment. The problem with the world, as most people easily recognize, is people. No people, no crime, no war, etc. You and I are people too, by the way. Even if we don't start wars, we start fights. And the hearts of princes and paupers are made of the same thing: What makes one quarrel with his neighbor is the same that makes the other march to war. And the free will debate aside, people ARE responsible for their own actions. We hold our children accountable, and we recognize people as "big" who hold themselves accountable.

God, on the other hand, is good, and he won't tolerate evil behavior, or it's source (us), so that's why we all die. But he's more than just good, so he is also merciful and doesn't just torch the whole planet as soon as Adam sinned. It's a good deal for us because we have a chance to repent. Death was already here. Christ brought life back.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 11:07:03 PM

The Christian's goal in life to fufill the Great Commandment of loving God and loving others and to fufill the Great Comission of teaching Jesus' teachings to all the world.

Second, which is similar to the first, what do you believe the Christians primary hope is? The primary hope for Christian's is that everyone would be a Christian so no one would go to Hell but rather that everyone would know Christ. Another primary hope for Christians is that the world would be a better place where people could love eachother instead of hating eachother.

The Christian's main fear is going to Hell and for others going to Hell.

So, lets hear it. =)

(Note: Personally I am seriously doubting God and I have trouble rationally justifying Christianity. However I have seen the positives of Christianity in other people's lives and it seems it is a net positive for me to remain a Christian.)
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 1:06:50 AM

That makes about as much sense as saying Santa or Superman or Mother Nature or Einstein or ( insert any other historical or mythical name) is someones goal. It is meaningless and illogical to have a person as a goal regardless of whether that person is real or mythical.

Are you not together with your Jesus now? If you are then you have obviously reached your goal and have no more need to try to reach it or be waiting to achieve it.
You say IF you were with him as IF you are not with him? Is your Jesus not always with you and did he not promise to never leave you ?

Are you being useful? If you are being useful, how are you being useful? If you don't know, why don't you know? If you are not being useful why not?

You are afraid of not pleasing an invisible character? Why are you afraid of that? Are you also afraid of not pleasing Mother Nature? Are you afraid of not pleasing Santa?
Do you need someone to congratulate or award you for pleasing an invisible character?
Do you need some kind of approval from an invisible character because no real person approves of you or because you don't approve of yourself? Why do you need anyone to say "Well done" to make you happy?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 1:34:11 AM
At 2/5/2015 11:56:51 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 2/4/2015 6:28:23 PM, Skyangel wrote:

This is pretty much what I'd assume from most people. Now I hope this doesn't come off as insulting but, If this is the impression you were left with as a Christian, I can see why you no longer are.

The Goal I know to be true, is what Ethang said. Christ is my goal, and to bring glory to the Father. I believe this not only to be our goal, but our purpose. You aren't completely wrong though... I don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. With our focus on Christ and Glory to God, he will slowly change our hearts so we do love him and our neighbors increasingly, and as a result we will be more Christ-like.

The key word for this is: Longsuffering..lol

As I said to Ethan, having a person, real or mythical as a goal makes no logical sense. It is about as sensible as saying Einstein is your goal. It is meaningless.
You seem to believe some invisible person will slowly change your heart because you imply you do not love that invisible entity enough yet.
You seem to think all this change takes a lot of suffering on your part for some reason.
Personally I do not consider it as any kind of suffering to love anyone. To me it is a pleasure to love others.
Besides that, the scriptures say that those who do not love are not of God. Atheists also love other people so according to their actions of showing love, they must be of God if Love shown to people is the indicator of whether you love God or not. Therefore a belief in any invisible supernatural entity is unnecessary since actions speak louder than words which claim belief in "invisible friends"

Once again, a very predictable response, and I'm sorry that this is the experience you had with Christianity... it's highly possible you were a victim of false teaching.

Yes I was and so are you but you have obviously not realized that yet.

Either way, my hope isn't to go to heaven. Will it be nice to go to heaven? of course, its not a bad perk... but tbh, I have no idea what heaven really is... and I'm not to concerned with it. Like my friend Ethang said, my hope is that I can advance my Fathers kingdom, and show his love and his holiness. But, before you say it, NO not by conquest, and not by shoving it down peoples throats..

Heaven is your state of mind. It is your own inner peace. It is having a clear conscience. It is the kingdom of God WITHIN you. It is not some invisible mystical location where you go after you die to live happily ever after.
Showing love to others is merely advancing the attitude of love through loving actions.

Key words here: Salt and Light

They may be key words but is that what YOU are in your own eyes? Are you the salt of the Earth and the Light of the world?
I know I AM.

Well it seems I'm 3 for 3 so far...lol Very common misinterpretation. My main fear is that I'll hinder my brothers and sisters in Christ's growth. I sincerely do not want to mislead any one into making their suffering any worse. As a Christian, we suffer a great deal, and in different ways than the rest of the world, not that its more than non-believers, but different; we've been called to suffer. I'd hate to hear something I said or did caused a person who isn't in the same place with their faith as I am to sin, or experience more suffering.

In what ways do you think Christians hinder others in Christs growth?
Most Christians sincerely do not want to mislead anyone yet they do it without realizing they are doing it. They do it in ignorance.
Christians like to kid themselves that they suffer a great deal but they suffer no more then any other religion suffers when it comes to persecution and also no more than Atheists suffer persecution from Christians and other religions. The only difference between your suffering and real suffering is that Christians like to imagine they are persecuted for righteousness. Their so called "different" suffering is imaginary as opposed to being real.
Christians cause the members of their religion to suffer delusions caused by their false doctrines which lead them astray.
They follow a false Christ and idolize that invisible character as God instead of following a WAY of LIFE in TRUTH and LOVE.
They concentrate on worshiping an invisible character with religious rituals and laws instead of following his EXAMPLE and adopting his WAY of LIFE as a PRINCIPLE of living in reality.

They end up lost in fantasy land worshiping their invisible idol.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 2:22:19 AM
anyone besides Sky want my take on all this?

thought I would be polite and ask first as I know that christians are easily offended and angered when their superstitious based doctrines and beliefs are threatened.

a bit like head hunters that get upset when the missionaries try and take their sticks in the mud god away.

interested or curious?
confused and furious?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 2:38:34 AM
At 2/6/2015 2:22:19 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

thought I would be polite and ask first as I know that christians are easily offended and angered when their superstitious based doctrines and beliefs are threatened.

a bit like head hunters that get upset when the missionaries try and take their sticks in the mud god away.

interested or curious?
confused and furious?

Here come dat old boogy man again. Dat ignorant fellow what attacks ebery ting dat he don't understand, which frightens him what believes we are all backward people who live in his backward world. He, he, heee.

As if one who has absolutely no understanding of the Holy Scriptures, could upset or anger anyone, except his parents who were never able to potty train him, perhaps they too are counted by him, as being among the backward people that he believe all live in his backward world.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 2:46:51 AM
At 2/6/2015 2:38:34 AM, Gentorev wrote:

interested or curious?
confused and furious?

Here come dat old boogy man again. Dat ignorant fellow what attacks ebery ting dat he don't understand, which frightens him what believes we are all backward people who live in his backward world. He, he, heee.

As if one who has absolutely no understanding of the Holy Scriptures, could upset or anger anyone, except his parents who were never able to potty train him, perhaps they too are counted by him, as being among the backward people that he believe all live in his backward world.

EE: Now I AM having a much greater understanding of what you are constructed of.

Was you a missionary in one of those areas where they worship sticks in the mud and such and they didn't cut your head off as you convinced them that you were a great GOD?

I ask as I notice that you have a head hunter accent in your writing style.

As for KNOWING the scriptures. It's about the only fiction besides good science fiction that I read.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 2:54:48 AM
The aim of all humans should be to be good enough and try to help others along the way. The best Christians do this and I think they are good people, even if I don't see it their way. The worst Christians talk the talk trying to convert others, sometimes in a very abusive way, but do nothing worthwhile.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 2:59:00 AM
At 2/6/2015 2:46:51 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

interested or curious?
confused and furious?

EE: Now I AM having a much greater understanding of what you are constructed of.

Was you a missionary in one of those areas where they worship sticks in the mud and such and they didn't cut your head off as you convinced them that you were a great GOD?

As for KNOWING the scriptures. It's about the only fiction besides good science fiction that I read.

Gentorev..........Then you should be able to reveal the name of Jesse's seventh son who was older that David, his eighth son? Because you could not answer the question as to why Aaron and Moses were forbidden to enter into the promised land.

I know that you can read, but it's your inability to comprehend that which you read, which is your problem.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 3:13:04 AM
At 2/6/2015 2:59:00 AM, Gentorev wrote:

interested or curious?
confused and furious?

Gentorev..........Then you should be able to reveal the name of Jesse's seventh son who was older that David, his eighth son? Because you could not answer the question as to why Aaron and Moses were forbidden to enter into the promised land.

I know that you can read, but it's your inability to comprehend that which you read, which is your problem.

EE: As it is you that places the challenge of a DUEL before me in order to try and preserve what honor you have.

I EE the most overly wonderful and then some will take on your challenge of fictional history.

and as the dueling rules state that I have the choice of who goes first.
I will take the first shot at it with this put before you that is far more popular then your choice of dueling weapons.

On Dallas "Who shot J.R.?"

That one should be as easy to answer as the fictional trivia you put forth.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 3:34:47 AM
At 2/6/2015 3:13:04 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
At 2/6/2015 2:59:00 AM, Gentorev wrote:

interested or curious?
confused and furious?

I know that you can read, but it's your inability to comprehend that which you read, which is your problem. challenge

EE: As it is you that places the challenge of a DUEL before me in order to try and preserve what honor you have.

I EE the most overly wonderful and then some will take on yourof fictional history.

and as the dueling rules state that I have the choice of who goes first.
I will take the first shot at it with this put before you that is far more popular then your choice of dueling weapons.

On Dallas "Who shot J.R.?"

That one should be as easy to answer as the fictional trivia you put forth.

Nah mate, I have never challenged anyone to a duel, this is all your idea. And unlike you, who claim that the scriptures are about the only fiction besides good science fiction that you read.

Over here in my country where I seldom watch TV, especially all that American trash, I have never claimed to know anything about that "Dallas" that you talk of. And who is this supposed JR?

Nah mate, if you wish to dual, then we both must have the same weapon, and as you are such an authority on the scriptures, which you ridicule, and have asked the first question, it is now my turn: "Reveal the name of Jesse's seventh son who was older that David, his eighth son?"

I await your answer, and the next biblical question that you wish to put to me, because we are now playing on a level field, as you have claimed to be such an authority on the scriptures, which you now ridicule.

So go for it sonny. Answer that question then fire one at me.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 3:42:06 AM
a question of biblical proportions you say?

We can use my personal favorite bible verse of scripture

"there is nothing new under the sun"

what does it mean in detail?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 3:44:51 AM
as for who shot JR on Dallas.

I also don't know the answer.
I just picked it as I figured that it would be easy for you to find out.
I was giving you a IQ handicap just to be more then fair.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 3:53:48 AM
You expecting a answer for your question first is not the way this works in the Real land.
You have to answer my bible question first to show that you have what it takes and your not just another confused scripture weaver.

I don't know you well enough to give you Spiritual credit and from what you have shown so far for, you are greatly in Spiritual debt and require some sort of savings to bail you out already.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 4:18:33 AM

We, like the apostle Paul, hope for eternal life when this life is over.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 4:30:13 AM
At 2/6/2015 4:18:33 AM, annanicole wrote:

Those who are waiting for eternal life after this life have no understanding of the eternal life cycle.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 4:33:26 AM
At 2/6/2015 3:53:48 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
You expecting a answer for your question first is not the way this works in the Real land.
You have to answer my bible question first to show that you have what it takes and your not just another confused scripture weaver.

I don't know you well enough to give you Spiritual credit and from what you have shown so far for, you are greatly in Spiritual debt and require some sort of savings to bail you out already.

What you talkin bout mate? You suggested the dual. You made the rule. You asked the first question which I answered and then it was my turn.

Now answer the question, or like I did with your question, admit that you haven't got a damned clue and you were incapable of comprehending the scriptures which you have claimed was one of your favourite reads.

And yes, I could have googled up a correct answer to your dumb question, just as you can attempt to use your search machine to answer my question, but I make sure that I only ask questions that the students of the universal church of Emperor Constantine are as ignorant to, as you are.

Perhaps you may have to ask those people who you condemn as superstitious, ignorant buffoons, for help.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 4:46:06 AM
At 2/6/2015 4:33:26 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/6/2015 3:53:48 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

What you talkin bout mate? You suggested the dual. You made the rule. You asked the first question which I answered and then it was my turn.

Now answer the question, or like I did with your question, admit that you haven't got a damned clue and you were incapable of comprehending the scriptures which you have claimed was one of your favourite reads.

And yes, I could have googled up a correct answer to your dumb question, just as you can attempt to use your search machine to answer my question, but I make sure that I only ask questions that the students of the universal church of Emperor Constantine are as ignorant to, as you are.

Perhaps you may have to ask those people who you condemn as superstitious, ignorant buffoons, for help.

EE: That was the best quality of answer you could give on the who shot JR question?

If that is all I can expect for quality from you, go ask someone else your fictional questions then.
I have other things I can do for entertainment around here.
Your not the only stick stuck in the mud around here.

As for wasting my time looking for a answer for your question?

Now that I find VERY amusing as all I have to do is ask Skyangel and IF there is a correct answer for it she will tell me the answer and then I could of passed it on to you for your perusal.

But it seems that I won't have to ask her as you clearly are not a worthy opponent and I must pass wind in your general direction as it has far more substance then your viewpoint and scripture weaving opinion of religious fiction does.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 4:52:13 AM
At 2/6/2015 4:30:13 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/6/2015 4:18:33 AM, annanicole wrote:

Those who are waiting for eternal life after this life have no understanding of the eternal life cycle.

Then apparently the apostle Paul had "no understanding of the eternal life cycle."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 5:40:19 AM
At 2/6/2015 1:06:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:

That makes about as much sense as saying Santa or Superman or Mother Nature or Einstein or ( insert any other historical or mythical name) is someones goal. It is meaningless and illogical to have a person as a goal regardless of whether that person is real or mythical.

"The preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness." Thank you for your small part in making the Bible true.

Are you not together with your Jesus now?

Is that not obvious from my comments above?

If you are .....

Sigh.

You say IF you were with him as IF you are not with him?

Could I have said, "IF I were with Him" as if I WAS with Him? Are you trying to be silly?

Is your Jesus not always with you and did he not promise to never leave you ?

Sure He is and sure He did promise.

Are you being useful?

I try my best, but only He is the judge of whether I am or not.

If you are being useful, how are you being useful?

Immediate obedience to His every wish.

If you don't know, why don't you know?

I do know.

If you are not being useful why not?

When I fail, I fail because I am weak, ignorant, and human. Fortunately for me, He is strong, wise, and divine. And to my great relief, forgiving.

You are afraid of not pleasing an invisible character? Why are you afraid of that?

How does invisibility make it different?

Are you also afraid of not pleasing Mother Nature?

No. mother nature is not alive, nor is she my God.

Are you afraid of not pleasing Santa?

No. Santa is a fictional character. Again I must ask, are you trying to be silly? I can accept it if you are just innately not intelligent, but if you are trying to be stupid I really have better things to do with my life.

Do you need someone to congratulate or award you for pleasing an invisible character?

No. Did I ask for congratulations or awards? And again, what does invisibility have to do with it?

Do you need some kind of approval from an invisible character because no real person approves of you or because you don't approve of yourself?

lol! Those are the options you're limiting me too huh? Look, skyangel, is it? If you are going to be aggressive and militant, you really, really, shouldn't be stupid at the same time. Stupidity and militancy go really poorly together. Observe.

I did not say or imply that I needed approval. You have assumed so because you are militant and stupid. (we don't yet know if your stupidity is intrinsic or feigned). Second, you seem to think "invisible" means "not real". What you think you're breathing is thus a mystery to us.

So I'll do you a solid. Drop either the militancy or the stupidity, I don't care which, and try to remember that because you don't believe something, does not mean it doesn't exist, or that your belief governs the beliefs of others. That should be easy for you no?

Why do you need anyone to say "Well done" to make you happy?

I'm already happy. You assume I'm not because you're militant and stupid.