Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I have a question for christians...

ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
Varrack
Posts: 2,411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 4:46:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 5:48:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 4:46:13 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No.

And, you know that, how?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 6:17:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If the Antichrist could rise from the dead and control the earth and sky, Christianity would lose the basis for believing that Christ's resurrection vindicated his claim to deity. In a Christian worldview, Satan can parody the work of Christ through "all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs, and wonders" (2 Thessalonians 2:9), but he cannot perform the truly miraculous as Christ did. If Satan possesses the creative power of God, he could have masqueraded as the resurrected Christ. Moreover, the notion that Satan can perform acts that are indistinguishable from genuine miracles suggests a dualistic worldview in which God and Satan are equal and opposite powers competing for dominance
Varrack
Posts: 2,411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 6:18:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 5:48:47 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:46:13 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No.

And, you know that, how?

That's like asking me how I know pigs don't fly. I have no reason to believe so.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 6:26:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 5:48:47 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:46:13 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No.

And, you know that, how?

Yet to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we unto him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. - 1 Corinthians 8:6
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 7:05:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 6:18:31 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 2/5/2015 5:48:47 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:46:13 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No.

And, you know that, how?

That's like asking me how I know pigs don't fly. I have no reason to believe so.

But, there is hard evidence that supports that fact pigs don't fly, why would you not understand that evidence and instead invoke the lack of belief?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skynet
Posts: 674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 10:17:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

Judging from your wording, it sounds like you're ready to unload, rather than asking a genuine question for the sake of increasing your understanding of an opposing viewpoint, but I'll take the question seriously. (You can use this as evidence in our upcoming debate "is Skynet stupid?")

We're not told that much about Satan. But there have been no accounts in the Bible of the creation of life from non-life or the creation of anything from nothing by him. It does not make a concrete "no," but since his objective was to "become like the Most High," -Isaiah 14:14, if he could have, it seems very likely he would have. All evidence from the Bible indicates angels/fallen angels have a measure of control over nature, but we never see control to that extent. Satan uses a whirlwind to kill Job's children, and turns a pre-existing rock into food, but that's just transmutation and interacting with what's already there. Considering that Satan is called Prince of this world by Christ, and the imagery of Satan being thrown to the Earth from heaven, along with other passages, he mainly dwells on Earth. If he had created his own species or race or whatever, I would think followers of God would have talked about it at some point in the past. God also makes no differentiation in his description of nature to denote natural works of Him as opposed to natural works of the Devil.
The best answer I can give is: There is no evidence for it, and it seems unlikely, but there is no way to say no 100%.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 10:26:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No clue.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 10:35:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Kinda stupid question for silly people beliefs in man-made ideas. Christians really should do their homework and find out where all those devilish ideas came from and why they are political classifications really historically used that way, i.e. Satan is needed as a scapegoat for failed leadership or failures in general. God gets the credit when things are going good and Satan takes the rap when things are going bad. Man-made idea from the beginning which is why Pope Francis and real Christians reject devil worship in the negative form of believing Satan controls everything worldly to duck responsibility.
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 1:20:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 10:17:22 PM, Skynet wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

Judging from your wording, it sounds like you're ready to unload, rather than asking a genuine question for the sake of increasing your understanding of an opposing viewpoint, but I'll take the question seriously. (You can use this as evidence in our upcoming debate "is Skynet stupid?")

Well, no. Not exactly. I was raised in the christian faith. Any time I asked my parents a question that they were unable to adequately answer, I was met with their anger. The question is serious, and it does, indeed, lead to another. I make no secret of the fact that I despise religion. However, that was not the intent of this question...

We're not told that much about Satan. But there have been no accounts in the Bible of the creation of life from non-life or the creation of anything from nothing by him. It does not make a concrete "no," but since his objective was to "become like the Most High," -Isaiah 14:14, if he could have, it seems very likely he would have. All evidence from the Bible indicates angels/fallen angels have a measure of control over nature, but we never see control to that extent. Satan uses a whirlwind to kill Job's children, and turns a pre-existing rock into food, but that's just transmutation and interacting with what's already there. Considering that Satan is called Prince of this world by Christ, and the imagery of Satan being thrown to the Earth from heaven, along with other passages, he mainly dwells on Earth. If he had created his own species or race or whatever, I would think followers of God would have talked about it at some point in the past. God also makes no differentiation in his description of nature to denote natural works of Him as opposed to natural works of the Devil.
The best answer I can give is: There is no evidence for it, and it seems unlikely, but there is no way to say no 100%.

I'm going to take answers from a few more christians before I ask the question into which it was intended to lead. Stay tuned.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 1:23:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 10:35:47 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Kinda stupid question for silly people beliefs in man-made ideas. Christians really should do their homework and find out where all those devilish ideas came from and why they are political classifications really historically used that way, i.e. Satan is needed as a scapegoat for failed leadership or failures in general. God gets the credit when things are going good and Satan takes the rap when things are going bad. Man-made idea from the beginning which is why Pope Francis and real Christians reject devil worship in the negative form of believing Satan controls everything worldly to duck responsibility.

The question to which this is leading (a serious one) is actually torah-specific, so you might want to save your condescending gibberish for just a bit...
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 1:53:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 10:26:56 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No clue.

Do you have an opinion?
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 9:14:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

Not an inerrantist, but I would say no depending on what you think the nature of Stan is. If one accepts that only God can create life or from nothing or from an inanimate object it follows that Satan wouldn't be able to.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
lannan13
Posts: 23,107
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 9:15:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No, he may possess it though.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 9:49:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 9:15:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No, he may possess it though.

Satan can neither destroy nor create anything without God's authority. Satan is unnecessarily blamed for God's incompetence and ineptitude.
lannan13
Posts: 23,107
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 9:50:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 9:49:49 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:15:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No, he may possess it though.

Satan can neither destroy nor create anything without God's authority. Satan is unnecessarily blamed for God's incompetence and ineptitude.

Satan and his angles are able to manipulate objects and possess them, hence God has given them free will.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 9:54:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 9:50:44 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:49:49 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:15:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No, he may possess it though.

Satan can neither destroy nor create anything without God's authority. Satan is unnecessarily blamed for God's incompetence and ineptitude.

Satan and his angles are able to manipulate objects and possess them, hence God has given them free will.

It is not possible for Satan to be more evil than the Biblical deity!
lannan13
Posts: 23,107
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 9:55:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 9:54:28 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:50:44 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:49:49 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:15:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No, he may possess it though.

Satan can neither destroy nor create anything without God's authority. Satan is unnecessarily blamed for God's incompetence and ineptitude.

Satan and his angles are able to manipulate objects and possess them, hence God has given them free will.

It is not possible for Satan to be more evil than the Biblical deity!

I can go on a huge tangent on how we're all damned, but I don't want to waste your time.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 9:58:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 9:55:55 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:54:28 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:50:44 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:49:49 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:15:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No, he may possess it though.

Satan can neither destroy nor create anything without God's authority. Satan is unnecessarily blamed for God's incompetence and ineptitude.

Satan and his angles are able to manipulate objects and possess them, hence God has given them free will.

It is not possible for Satan to be more evil than the Biblical deity!

I can go on a huge tangent on how we're all damned, but I don't want to waste your time.

Why should we be damned?
lannan13
Posts: 23,107
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 9:59:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 9:58:01 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:55:55 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:54:28 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:50:44 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:49:49 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:15:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No, he may possess it though.

Satan can neither destroy nor create anything without God's authority. Satan is unnecessarily blamed for God's incompetence and ineptitude.

Satan and his angles are able to manipulate objects and possess them, hence God has given them free will.

It is not possible for Satan to be more evil than the Biblical deity!

I can go on a huge tangent on how we're all damned, but I don't want to waste your time.

Why should we be damned?

God has made his own laws impossible to follow. If you observe the 10 Commandment's you can easily break all of them within your lifetime while try to be a "good Christian." Plus God has stated that even one sin on a person and they are damned as the wage of sin is death.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:00:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 9:50:44 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:49:49 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/6/2015 9:15:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No, he may possess it though.

Satan can neither destroy nor create anything without God's authority. Satan is unnecessarily blamed for God's incompetence and ineptitude.

Satan and his angles are able to manipulate objects and possess them, hence God has given them free will.

Satan only challenged God and Jesus. Christians are following the word of God.
The God that punishes with death any transgression.

1. God drowns the whole earth.
In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, fetuses, and perhaps unicorns. Only a single family survives. In Matthew 24:37-42, gentle Jesus approves of this genocide and plans to repeat it when he returns.
2. God kills half a million people.
In 2 Chronicles 13:15-18, God helps the men of Judah kill 500,000 of their fellow Israelites.
3. God slaughters all Egyptian firstborn.
In Exodus 12:29, God the baby-killer slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.
4. God kills 14,000 people for complaining that God keeps killing them.
In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
5. Genocide after genocide after genocide.
In Joshua 6:20-21, God helps the Israelites destroy Jericho, killing "men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys." In Deuteronomy 2:32-35, God has the Israelites kill everyone in Heshbon, including children. In Deuteronomy 3:3-7, God has the Israelites do the same to the people of Bashan. In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they take as spoils of war. In 1 Samuel 15:1-9, God tells the Israelites to kill all the Amalekites " men, women, children, infants, and their cattle " for something the Amalekites" ancestors had done 400 years earlier.
6. God kills 50,000 people for curiosity.
In 1 Samuel 6:19, God kills 50,000 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant. (Newer cosmetic translations count only 70 deaths, but their text notes admit that the best and earliest manuscripts put the number at 50,070.)
7. 3,000 Israelites killed for inventing a god.
In Exodus 32, Moses has climbed Mount Sinai to get the Ten Commandments. The Israelites are bored, so they invent a golden calf god. Moses comes back and God commands him: "Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor." About 3,000 people died.
8. The Amorites destroyed by sword and by God"s rocks.
In Joshua 10:10-11, God helps the Israelites slaughter the Amorites by sword, then finishes them off with rocks from the sky.
9. God burns two cities to death.
In Genesis 19:24, God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah with fire from the sky. Then God kills Lot"s wife for looking back at her burning home.
10. God has 42 children mauled by bears.
In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them. (Newer cosmetic translations say the bears "maul" the children, but the original Hebrew, baqa, means "to tear apart.")
11. A tribe slaughtered and their virgins raped for not showing up at roll call.
In Judges 21:1-23, a tribe of Israelites misses roll call, so the other Israelites kill them all except for the virgins, which they take for themselves. Still not happy, they hide in vineyards and pounce on dancing women from Shiloh to take them for themselves.
12. 3,000 crushed to death.
In Judges 16:27-30, God gives Samson strength to bring down a building to crush 3,000 members of a rival tribe.
13. A concubine raped and dismembered.
In Judges 19:22-29, a mob demands to rape a godly master"s guest. The master offers his daughter and a concubine to them instead. They take the concubine and gang-rape her all night. The master finds her on his doorstep in the morning, cuts her into 12 pieces, and ships the pieces around the country.
14. Child sacrifice.
In Judges 11:30-39, Jephthah burns his daughter alive as a sacrificial offering for God"s favor in killing the Ammonites.
15. God helps Samson kill 30 men because he lost a bet.
In Judges 14:11-19, Samson loses a bet for 30 sets of clothes. The spirit of God comes upon him and he kills 30 men to steal their clothes and pay off the debt.
16. God demands you kill your wife and children for worshiping other gods.
In Deuteronomy 13:6-10, God commands that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods.
17. God incinerates 51 men to make a point.
In 2 Kings 1:9-10, Elijah gets God to burn 51 men with fire from heaven to prove he is God.
18. God kills a man for not impregnating his brother"s widow.
In Genesis 38:9-10, God kills a man for refusing to impregnate his brother"s widow.
19. God threatens forced cannibalism.
In Leviticus 26:27-29 and Jeremiah 19:9, God threatens to punish the Israelites by making them eat their own children.
20. The coming slaughter.
According to Revelation 9:7-19, God"s got more evil coming. God will make horse-like locusts with human heads and scorpion tails, who torture people for 5 months. Then some angels will kill a third of the earth"s population. If he came today, that would be 2 billion people.
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:02:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

I'm not a Christian, but there's nothing in the Bible that suggests that Satan can create any life.
You can call me Mark if you like.
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 11:10:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 10:02:15 AM, debate_power wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

I'm not a Christian, but there's nothing in the Bible that suggests that Satan can create any life.

I came to the same conclusion, but I was wondering more about the perspective of christian believers. I have a reason for this question in the form of another question.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 11:30:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 1:53:27 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 2/5/2015 10:26:56 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No clue.

Do you have an opinion?

I think he can create demons, but unless I have anything to show how, I can't make an uneducated guess or opinion concerning Satan's abilities.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 11:38:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 11:10:02 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 2/6/2015 10:02:15 AM, debate_power wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

I'm not a Christian, but there's nothing in the Bible that suggests that Satan can create any life.

I came to the same conclusion, but I was wondering more about the perspective of christian believers. I have a reason for this question in the form of another question.

You are making it unnecessarily hard for Christians by asking them questions about their faith, evidence and interpretations in a book that was plagiarized from a Jewish religion that they accuse misinterpreted their own religion by rejecting a delusional Jewish carpenters son's claims he was their messiah and God , but who succumbed rather easily to a crucifixion.
Christians have been on bended knees praying to a wooden cross for over 2000 years and the best they have going for them is their faith. The rest is pure rubbish.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 11:42:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 6:18:31 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 2/5/2015 5:48:47 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:46:13 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No.

And, you know that, how?

That's like asking me how I know pigs don't fly. I have no reason to believe so.

Which is also a good argument for non-theism.
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 12:11:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 11:30:35 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/6/2015 1:53:27 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 2/5/2015 10:26:56 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No clue.

Do you have an opinion?

I think he can create demons, but unless I have anything to show how, I can't make an uneducated guess or opinion concerning Satan's abilities.

This would indicate that he can create "spirit life." Human life should pose even less challenge, should it not?
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 12:17:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 11:38:35 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/6/2015 11:10:02 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 2/6/2015 10:02:15 AM, debate_power wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

I'm not a Christian, but there's nothing in the Bible that suggests that Satan can create any life.

I came to the same conclusion, but I was wondering more about the perspective of christian believers. I have a reason for this question in the form of another question.

You are making it unnecessarily hard for Christians by asking them questions about their faith, evidence and interpretations in a book that was plagiarized from a Jewish religion that they accuse misinterpreted their own religion by rejecting a delusional Jewish carpenters son's claims he was their messiah and God , but who succumbed rather easily to a crucifixion.
Christians have been on bended knees praying to a wooden cross for over 2000 years and the best they have going for them is their faith. The rest is pure rubbish.

On this, we disagree. Their faith is the WORST thing they do to themselves. Faith requires the suspension of a human's greatest faculty: REASON. Faith puts humans on their knees. Reason stands them up, makes them reach, and lifts them to heights that faith tells them they should fear. Religious faith is an intellectual cancer, and the only cure is knowledge.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 12:43:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 12:11:40 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 2/6/2015 11:30:35 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/6/2015 1:53:27 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 2/5/2015 10:26:56 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:22:03 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that believe the bible to be the infallible, inerrant word of "god," can Lucifer/Satan create life, from nothing or from an inanimate object?

No clue.

Do you have an opinion?

I think he can create demons, but unless I have anything to show how, I can't make an uneducated guess or opinion concerning Satan's abilities.

This would indicate that he can create "spirit life." Human life should pose even less challenge, should it not?

Not sure. I'd say it's possible he can create life.