Creationist propaganda...sickening

Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 2:45:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://stupidevilbastard.com...

Ugh. Just ugh. It's one thing to teach children things, it's another to use arguments like "does your grandmother look like a monkey?" to convince them when they're too young to understand why that doesn't prove anything--let alone that even adult creationists think that's a good argument.

ughhhh.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 2:56:53 PM
At 7/6/2010 2:45:32 PM, Yvette wrote:

Ugh. Just ugh. It's one thing to teach children things, it's another to use arguments like "does your grandmother look like a monkey?" to convince them when they're too young to understand why that doesn't prove anything--let alone that even adult creationists think that's a good argument.

ughhhh.

I don't worry about creationists. They lose every time they bring up any challenge in the courts.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 3:02:50 PM
That made my brain hurt...
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 3:12:50 PM
Someone should charge them with child abuse and submit them to a mental institution with padded walls.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 3:16:28 PM
At 7/6/2010 3:12:50 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Someone should charge them with child abuse and submit them to a mental institution with padded walls.

Why do you want padded walls? 0_0
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 3:17:22 PM
At 7/6/2010 3:16:28 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 7/6/2010 3:12:50 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Why do you want padded walls? 0_0

Changed.

I'm just kidding.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 4:26:12 PM
I know its impossible but I'd like to see a study on when posed with a simple version of both theories (Evolution & Creation) whether subjective children thought one or the other was more plausable. (Actually, is it impossible? Does someone have some statistics on the subject?)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 4:29:43 PM
At 7/6/2010 4:26:12 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I know its impossible but I'd like to see a study on when posed with a simple version of both theories (Evolution & Creation) whether subjective children thought one or the other was more plausable. (Actually, is it impossible? Does someone have some statistics on the subject?)

Children will generally believe whatever they're told so I doubt both are often presented alongside each other among a young audience. Both sides will want to push their agenda onto children.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 4:37:29 PM
At 7/6/2010 4:26:12 PM, tvellalott wrote:

http://epiphenom.fieldofscience.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 4:39:56 PM

ughhhh.

Hehe... brilliant, well those kids are guarenteed to grow up to be evolutionists.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 3:51:38 AM

ughhhh.

It's only vile WHEN we've decided WHAT is true; and despite what Dawkins thinks, endlessly parroting " Evolution is a fact! Evolution is a fact! " Is NOT ACTUALLY an argument.

Until fairly recently science argued that the universe was eternal; because to do otherwise is too assume that it had a beginning.. and then you are left with the rather sticky problem of where that initial matter came from.

Now the evidence is OVERWELMINGLY in favour of a beginning (JUST like the Bible states! In the Beginning!) they do indeed have this problem!

So, you either ignore science and say that matter is eternal OR you have to decide WHERE it came from.

ALSO; there is ZERO evidence for one KIND of creature becoming another creature.
Ask ANY dog breeder, there are LIMITS to variation in breeding.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 6:45:35 AM
At 7/7/2010 3:51:38 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
ALSO; there is ZERO evidence for one KIND of creature becoming another creature.

Oh, just shut up.

http://www.talkorigins.org...
http://evolution.berkeley.edu...
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 11:32:49 AM
At 7/7/2010 6:45:35 AM, Yvette wrote:

Oh, just shut up.

That was brilliant, the idea that there is a dog breeder out there thinking "hmm I've been breeding whippets for years, but not one of them has grown wings".
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 11:45:12 AM
9:29Fight those:
who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day,
not violent, not warring aggressors
nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Apostle,
nor acknowledge the religion of Truth,
(even if they are) of the People of the Book,
I assume this means including people who call themselves Islamic But believe other stuff too
until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
so... until they give in to "Allah and his messenger" (the Islamic State)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 11:46:40 AM
This is a call to fight people who are of a different faith who do not lie down and submit to Islamic rule...

NOT a fight against aggressors...

BUT a fight against those who don't acknowledge The "True" religion.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 11:49:32 AM
At 7/7/2010 11:48:51 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Way to completely go off-topic and derail this thread... -__-

OOPS!!

I thought this was the Islam thread!

lol..

sorry 1 sec 8)

Metaphysics:
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 11:53:38 AM
I swear, these people are absolutely idiotic. What they've done to those kids is awful.

"Do you believe in evolution?" "No." "Why not?" "................ Because I believe in Creation!"

"Do you believe in evolution?" "No." "What do you believe?" "That God created the world." "Who told you that?" "Ummmm, my parents."

Hopefully they snap out of it.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 11:57:49 AM
At 7/7/2010 11:53:38 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I swear, these people are absolutely idiotic. What they've done to those kids is awful.

"Do you believe in evolution?" "No." "Why not?" "................ Because I believe in Creation!"

"Do you believe in evolution?" "No." "What do you believe?" "That God created the world." "Who told you that?" "Ummmm, my parents."

Yea, hopefully. Religious indoctrination of children is wrong.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 1:29:20 PM
This is actually an old video, i believe. Or maybe a new video on the same lecture. Ive seen this before. What utter nonsense.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 1:33:29 PM
Oh, and BTW, when Ken Ham takes the pic of a monkey and says "Did your grandfather look like that?", the proper response should be to take a picture of dirt and say "Did your grandfath look like that either?" Or a pile of ribs and say "Did your grandmother look like that?"
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 3:37:19 AM

Oh, just shut up.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu...

" Yes, shut up, we cannot answer you! " (without quoting, OH NO! a website)

Hilarious.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 3:39:18 AM
At 7/7/2010 11:32:49 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Oh, just shut up.

That was brilliant, the idea that there is a dog breeder out there thinking "hmm I've been breeding whippets for years, but not one of them has grown wings".

No, Tarzan, but they ARE thinking that they cannot make them ANY faster etc..
And they ARE thinking that the more they push the breeding the more problems they have.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 3:43:04 AM

Simpsons character: " Will someone PLEEEAAASE thinks about the children! "

Self righteousness incarnate!

Indoctrination is ONLY evil/beneficial WHEN we've decided what is true.
The VERY fact that this thread exist clearly shows this NOT to be the case!
The Cross.. the Cross.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:49:10 AM

ughhhh.

These people make me ridiculously mad... like on the verge of rage.... I had to stop watching because I wanted to throttle these idiots.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 9:13:51 AM
At 7/7/2010 11:57:49 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Yea, hopefully. Religious indoctrination of children is wrong.
So, I should raise an atheist? Never. I have the right to teach my child(ren) of what I believe is going to be best for them.

What will the theory of evolution help them with? Some people who have little grasp of logic fail to ever explain why you need to believe in the theory of evolution. There is a difference between believing and knowing about something. I can know that a theory about aliens invading Earth in 2012 is widespread, but it does not mean that I have to believe in it. I know the theory of evolution, but some aspects of it are not believable to me. However, not one single atheist has ever explained why I should believe in it. Why does it matter? There is nothing to ever disprove my belief in God, so even if I believe in this whole theory, what will it change? What will that bring to me? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

So before some people go on and speak nonsensically about not believing in this theory as a whole, they should laugh at themselves first and then explain why in the world I should believe in every single thing. If they say that I should know something about it, fine. I do, and I find the theory interesting. I just have my own opinion, and that does not change one single thing about me. I can believe in it or not, same thing in principle. Similarly, I want my children to be the way I think is best for them, and in a fine way, of course. There is no problem with the way I want to raise my children, and it is much better than to raise them to be different than to the way I want them to be. Religious raising is absolutely no worse than to let a child be totally free and take drugs and do other very harmful things. Therefore, I have nothing against raising my child in a very fine manner. Atheists can just drop this nonsense about "religious indoctrination." If I pray and my child does, then there is nothing wrong with it. As long as he is a good person to himself and others, there is nothing wrong with it.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 9:20:10 AM

I'm really glad I snapped out of it.
I got common sense and I feel really stupid for ever trying to believe that.

Lmao my mom was all "6 days to God is not like 6 days to us." "uhhh when the sun goes down the day is over, doesn't matter who you are." (one big wake up call to me, that I shouldn't try so hard)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave