Jump to topic:

Intolerant, YES!

Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 9:42:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
We expect secular humanists and others like them to celebrate the idea of tolerance as the greatest good, but sadly many believers have also hopped on to this foolish bandwagon. It is as if the greatest virtue is now tolerance and the greatest vice is intolerance.
Well, it is time for some straight thinking here. In fact, it"s time to get biblical as well. Just today I read the words of Jesus in which he praised intolerance. Yep, you heard me right. In his words to the Church in Thyatira he praised their "faith, service and perseverance," but he went on to harshly rebuke them:
"Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols" (Revelation 2:20). These believers were tolerating something which they should have been very intolerant about.
tolerance 1The truth is, God cannot and will not tolerate anything that is evil, and neither should we. There are plenty of other biblical texts one could appeal to in this regard. Let me mention just a few more. In Habakkuk 1:13 we read this about Yahweh: "Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing."
A holy and righteous God can have nothing to do with sin and evil. He certainly does not tolerate it. And neither should we embrace anything and everything. Some things we must actually resist. As Paul put it in Romans 12:9: "Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."
Yes, we are to hate certain things, just as God hates certain things. We are never to tolerate sin, but are to actively oppose it, certainly in our own lives, but in society at large as well. If we do not oppose evil, and remain tolerant of evil, then we are asking for trouble. As Dennis Prager has remarked, "If we continue to teach about tolerance and intolerance instead of good and evil, we will end up with tolerance of evil."
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 9:48:49 AM
one comes to the Father except through me.

Is God so narrow-minded that He provides only one way of redemption? The Christian claim that Jesus Christ is the only way to God causes passionate debates among religious folk around the globe. There are hundreds of religions world-wide, so it is easy to see why people view the Christian doctrine of salvation as arrogant or narrow-minded. In an era of religious tolerance, who dares to have an exclusive claim on religious truth? As long as you"re preaching love, peace, and harmony, "You believe what you believe and I will believe what I believe, and we will get along just fine." The sad reality is Christians who are labeled as "arrogant" or "narrow-minded" are only preaching the gospel message of Jesus Christ out of love and concern for others. The issue is serious and should not be taken lightly. We are talking about the eternal destination of souls " heaven or hell " eternal life after death.

1 Corinthians 1:18

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 9:54:36 AM
Yes Jesus was a racist and very intolerant.

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

He was a hater too.

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 9:56:19 AM
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 10:03:44 AM
Jesus is the greatest name in the world. Philippians 2:9-11 reads, "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Jesus is the most wonderful and Precious name in the universe. The world didn't just hate Jesus when He came to this world to pay for our sins, the world hates Jesus just as much today. The world hates Jesus because He stands against their wickedness, "The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil" -John 7:7. It's not us they hate, it's Jesus. John 3:20 declares, "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." This is why the wicked world hates Jesus and His Word. The Bible is a "sin-detector." People get convicted about their sins when they here the Bible, so they shun it away as foolishness..."For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God" -1st Corinthians 1:11. The world mocks and laughs at the things of God, but Jesus is precious to the born again Christian (1st Peter 2:7). Jesus said that the servant is not greater than the master. If Jesus was persecuted, then so will we if we live for Jesus. The early church in Acts was persecuted. James was killed by the sword in Acts 12. Stephen was stoned to death in Acts 7.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 11:43:28 AM
At 2/7/2015 9:42:34 AM, Rant wrote:
We expect secular humanists and others like them to celebrate the idea of tolerance as the greatest good, but sadly many believers have also hopped on to this foolish bandwagon. It is as if the greatest virtue is now tolerance and the greatest vice is intolerance.
Well, it is time for some straight thinking here. In fact, it"s time to get biblical as well. Just today I read the words of Jesus in which he praised intolerance. Yep, you heard me right. In his words to the Church in Thyatira he praised their "faith, service and perseverance," but he went on to harshly rebuke them:
"Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols" (Revelation 2:20). These believers were tolerating something which they should have been very intolerant about.
tolerance 1The truth is, God cannot and will not tolerate anything that is evil, and neither should we. There are plenty of other biblical texts one could appeal to in this regard. Let me mention just a few more. In Habakkuk 1:13 we read this about Yahweh: "Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing."
A holy and righteous God can have nothing to do with sin and evil. He certainly does not tolerate it. And neither should we embrace anything and everything. Some things we must actually resist. As Paul put it in Romans 12:9: "Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."
Yes, we are to hate certain things, just as God hates certain things. We are never to tolerate sin, but are to actively oppose it, certainly in our own lives, but in society at large as well. If we do not oppose evil, and remain tolerant of evil, then we are asking for trouble. As Dennis Prager has remarked, "If we continue to teach about tolerance and intolerance instead of good and evil, we will end up with tolerance of evil."

God told His people this;

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

All God's people remain confused because they do not listen to the voice of the Lord or obey His commandments. Only us saints and prophets and a few believers listened to His voice and obeyed His commandments. Those who do not listen to His voice ( the gospel ) that us saints preach will remain confused until their body dies in this first age.

In the next age, God's people will be under a NEW COVENANT, the very covenant that us saints learn about and know that's coming after our bodies perish during this age.

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."