Jump to topic:

rational insanity: procreation is immoral

steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 10:35:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
it is not important that the human race live on no matter how you look at it. nothing we are doing here will help us when we are dead whether there is an afterlife or not. if life is important then we are the opposite of important and its important that we die out as we are on the verge of killing off tons of species. we are all going to die out someday anyways and the sooner the better as the sooner it happens the less suffering there will have been. its not important that happy people live their lives. it is important to prevent pain suffering and misery at ALL costs. the majority of people have always been wrong thinking they knew they were right. i wouldnt expect the majority to be right about everything now. we are human too arent we?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 11:18:06 PM
At 2/7/2015 10:35:06 PM, steffon66 wrote:
it is not important that the human race live on no matter how you look at it. nothing we are doing here will help us when we are dead whether there is an afterlife or not. if life is important then we are the opposite of important and its important that we die out as we are on the verge of killing off tons of species. we are all going to die out someday anyways and the sooner the better as the sooner it happens the less suffering there will have been. its not important that happy people live their lives. it is important to prevent pain suffering and misery at ALL costs. the majority of people have always been wrong thinking they knew they were right. i wouldnt expect the majority to be right about everything now. we are human too arent we?

Why is averting pain and suffering at ALL costs beneficial to anyone?
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 11:32:08 PM
At 2/7/2015 11:18:06 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

because no one wants to suffer. if you were suffering you would want someone to ease your pain. if you were truely suffering you wouldnt want to be alive but you may feel obligated to live. the suffering you go through is your ancestors faults and gods if he exists. because they had sex you now have to suffer. i dont expect you to understand if you havent suffered like some of us have. im not sure whats hanging you up so please be more elaborate.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 11:37:28 PM
At 2/7/2015 11:32:08 PM, steffon66 wrote:

because no one wants to suffer. if you were suffering you would want someone to ease your pain. if you were truely suffering you wouldnt want to be alive but you may feel obligated to live. the suffering you go through is your ancestors faults and gods if he exists. because they had sex you now have to suffer. i dont expect you to understand if you havent suffered like some of us have. im not sure whats hanging you up so please be more elaborate.

I know pain to a level I would not wish on anyone friend or foe.

I'm saying what makes pain so wrong? A mother endures pain to push a new life into this world and she rejoices about it.

A hard days work makes the joint ache and the muscles burn, but the satisfaction is honorable.

You seem to be using a golden rule kind of measure. Are you saying because I don't like pain and suffering to happen to me then it is wrong for me to inflict it on others? How do you justify using such a moral value as the measure of what is right?
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 11:59:51 PM
At 2/7/2015 11:37:28 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

I'm saying what makes pain so wrong? A mother endures pain to push a new life into this world and she rejoices about it.

A hard days work makes the joint ache and the muscles burn, but the satisfaction is honorable.

You seem to be using a golden rule kind of measure. Are you saying because I don't like pain and suffering to happen to me then it is wrong for me to inflict it on others? How do you justify using such a moral value as the measure of what is right?

yes a mother indures a little bit of pain that lasts a few hours while they get 40 years on average (im guessing) of pleasure from the child. so yes a lot of pleasure for one individual is worth a little bit of pain. but there are much greater pains than child birth. there are people who cant socialize at all who have mental illness that prevents them from enjoying ANYTHING. there are slaves who live their entire lives in great misery and pain. and those pains should have been avoided. the majority of people will not agree with me on this. i understand that but the majority of people have always been wrong. so how do you know you are right now? you asked me what is so wrong about pain? what is so important about happiness? why must happy people exist? the things people do for pleasure and wealth are horrible. the majority of people have been wrong all throughout history and have done horrible things to each other just because they can. so id say the majority dont deserve to live their happy lives anyways and the miserable dont deserve to be miserable so the best thing would be for them to never have been born in the first way.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 11:45:56 AM
At 2/7/2015 11:59:51 PM, steffon66 wrote:

yes a mother indures a little bit of pain that lasts a few hours while they get 40 years on average (im guessing) of pleasure from the child. so yes a lot of pleasure for one individual is worth a little bit of pain. but there are much greater pains than child birth. there are people who cant socialize at all who have mental illness that prevents them from enjoying ANYTHING. there are slaves who live their entire lives in great misery and pain. and those pains should have been avoided. the majority of people will not agree with me on this. i understand that but the majority of people have always been wrong. so how do you know you are right now? you asked me what is so wrong about pain? what is so important about happiness? why must happy people exist? the things people do for pleasure and wealth are horrible. the majority of people have been wrong all throughout history and have done horrible things to each other just because they can. so id say the majority dont deserve to live their happy lives anyways and the miserable dont deserve to be miserable so the best thing would be for them to never have been born in the first way.

I'm asking why you think people in misery is evil? On what grounds do you discern between acceptable amount of pain and immoral misery?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 11:50:16 AM

LOL. Rejoicing at the pain or the baby? Have you ever asked a woman is she rejoices in labor? Hilarious, dude.

That satisfaction of the work done or that pain felt? LOL. Get a grip, dude.

You seem to be using a golden rule kind of measure. Are you saying because I don't like pain and suffering to happen to me then it is wrong for me to inflict it on others?

Yes, due to the fact that everyone else doesn't like pain and suffering.

How do you justify using such a moral value as the measure of what is right?

Because, it is very simple to understand.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 12:33:07 PM
At 2/8/2015 11:45:56 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/7/2015 11:59:51 PM, steffon66 wrote:

I'm asking why you think people in misery is evil? On what grounds do you discern between acceptable amount of pain and immoral misery?

lol now im confused. i never said that suffering is evil. i dont think your wicked for suffering. i think the people that brought you into this world are unknowingly evil as they have been all throughout history even in your opinion no matter what you believe. we all contradict each other. i think they are evil because some people only suffer and almost never have any pleasure. the amount of suffering... i think when someone suffers so much that the pleasure in their life wasnt worth the pain then it is "immoral suffering" i wouldnt call it that and havent called it that but whatever.