dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 12:17:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/8/2015 12:07:51 AM, YYW wrote:
http://www.dailykos.com...

I just facepalmed so hard I think I have a concussion.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 12:29:31 AM

Oops, lol! Vaccinations are good for you and your community. Need I say more?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 2:48:09 AM
At 2/8/2015 12:17:50 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:

I just facepalmed so hard I think I have a concussion.

Same here! Cranks like that guy should be locked away from society to protect the gullible!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 7:46:09 AM
Measles is harmless. It's rare somebody dies from it. Just like it's rare people die from getting a vaccine. It's rare but it happens.

Getting a vaccine for people with strong immune systems is completely unneccesary. It's why I never get the flu vaccine (I know villianize me for not getting vaccinated against the flu). These vaccines actually cause the diseases to mutate faster and it's why they should be used sparingly before the viruses turn into something that is vaccine proof.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 7:49:46 AM
At 2/8/2015 7:46:09 AM, Wylted wrote:
Measles is harmless. It's rare somebody dies from it. Just like it's rare people die from getting a vaccine. It's rare but it happens.

Getting a vaccine for people with strong immune systems is completely unneccesary. It's why I never get the flu vaccine (I know villianize me for not getting vaccinated against the flu). These vaccines actually cause the diseases to mutate faster and it's why they should be used sparingly before the viruses turn into something that is vaccine proof.

Measles is far from harmless, it can cause nasty side effects and even death. There has been an epidemic of measles in unvaccinated children in the UK recently, and some have died. Vaccinating children for this nasty disease should be mandatory!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 7:53:17 AM
At 2/8/2015 7:49:46 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Measles is far from harmless, it can cause nasty side effects and even death. There has been an epidemic of measles in unvaccinated children in the UK recently, and some have died. Vaccinating children for this nasty disease should be mandatory!

Come on deaths are rare. Just like deaths are rare from vaccines. It's an even trade off rare death scenario for rare death scenario. Measles is typically just an inconvenience.

You'd really be okay with saying the government should be able to shove needles in everyone's arms without their permission?

Do you think the government is benevolent and uncorrupted and can be trusted with that type of power?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 7:54:40 AM
I think my vaccination is expired, I'll get measles right now, so what? I'll be out of work for a week collect my sick pay and be better off for it.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:04:09 AM
At issue is more than just measles, it is all immunizations - a whole bunch.

"measles, mumps, whooping cough and more vaccine-preventable diseases have appeared across the nation due in no small part to "philosophical objectors," who reject inoculation based on spurious anti-scientific claims. "

So to be fair, thee are many secular objectors.
http://www.thedp.com...

also "Secular opposition to vaccines has always existed in some form or another, but it was catapulted into popularity by the 1998 study published in the medical journal The Lancet by Andrew Wakefield, purporting to show a link between the MMR vaccine and autism. "
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:26:23 AM
At 2/8/2015 7:53:17 AM, Wylted wrote:

Come on deaths are rare. Just like deaths are rare from vaccines. It's an even trade off rare death scenario for rare death scenario. Measles is typically just an inconvenience.

You'd really be okay with saying the government should be able to shove needles in everyone's arms without their permission?

Do you think the government is benevolent and uncorrupted and can be trusted with that type of power?

I certainly do think the modern childhood vaccinations should be mandatory for ALL children unless there is a medical reason why not. The ones available when I was a kid in my island home were, and we were no worse off for them either.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:30:45 AM
At 2/8/2015 8:26:23 AM, JJ50 wrote:

I certainly do think the modern childhood vaccinations should be mandatory for ALL children unless there is a medical reason why not. The ones available when I was a kid in my island home were, and we were no worse off for them either.

Well chicken pox is no big deal honestly. I had it and I'm not dead, none of my friends got it are dead. It's pointless for an individual with a healthy immune system to get the vaccine yet, you'd have the government take control of our medical decisions.

The worst part is people don't realize vaccines should be a last resort. Viruses can build up an immunity to vaccines and become something u preventable and it's why they should be used sparingly. The more people that get vaccinated the more the virus is exposed to things that will force it to mutate.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:34:59 AM
At 2/8/2015 8:30:45 AM, Wylted wrote:

Well chicken pox is no big deal honestly. I had it and I'm not dead, none of my friends got it are dead. It's pointless for an individual with a healthy immune system to get the vaccine yet, you'd have the government take control of our medical decisions.

The worst part is people don't realize vaccines should be a last resort. Viruses can build up an immunity to vaccines and become something u preventable and it's why they should be used sparingly. The more people that get vaccinated the more the virus is exposed to things that will force it to mutate.

Chicken pox was a very big deal for two of my children, it made them extremely poorly indeed, if vaccination will prevent it, that is all to the good, imo!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:37:14 AM
At 2/8/2015 8:04:09 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:

"measles, mumps, whooping cough and more vaccine-preventable diseases have appeared across the nation due in no small part to "philosophical objectors," who reject inoculation based on spurious anti-scientific claims. "

From the link:

"Vaccine myths abound. Perhaps the most ironic claim made is that vaccines are unneeded. Rather, the success of vaccines allows such myths to flourish in the first place.

As the body count continues to rise, we can no longer afford to accommodate baseless objections " whether rooted in religion or pseudoscience. "

also "Secular opposition to vaccines has always existed in some form or another, but it was catapulted into popularity by the 1998 study published in the medical journal The Lancet by Andrew Wakefield, purporting to show a link between the MMR vaccine and autism. "

"The CDC, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development at the National Institutes of Health, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the Working Party on MMR Vaccine of the United Kingdom's Committee on the Safety of Medicines have dismissed any correlation of MMR vaccination to autism as baseless."

http://www.webmd.com...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:38:22 AM

It's always nice to see the stupids providing their opinions, unfortunately they are based on precisely the same thing as religion . NOTHING.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:40:30 AM
At 2/8/2015 8:34:59 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Chicken pox was a very big deal for two of my children, it made them extremely poorly indeed, if vaccination will prevent it, that is all to the good, imo!

Your kids were okay though right? Also isn't it a little selfish to have them avoid a minor inconvenience with a shot that will make viruses mutate and become more deadly and unpreventable? You know like how antibiotics did to things making certain germs antibiotic resistant?

It might be good for you kids (and extremely minimally so), but aren't you concerned that you may be contributing to the next Black Plague?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:41:43 AM
At 2/8/2015 8:38:22 AM, bulproof wrote:

It's always nice to see the stupids providing their opinions, unfortunately they are based on precisely the same thing as religion . NOTHING.

That's a bare assertion and an opinion mine is based in fact. Did you ever get the chicken pox when you were a kid? I assume yes like most people. Did you die or even come close to death?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:42:45 AM
At 2/8/2015 8:40:30 AM, Wylted wrote:

Your kids were okay though right? Also isn't it a little selfish to have them avoid a minor inconvenience with a shot that will make viruses mutate and become more deadly and unpreventable? You know like how antibiotics did to things making certain germs antibiotic resistant?

It might be good for you kids (and extremely minimally so), but aren't you concerned that you may be contributing to the next Black Plague?

It was hardly a minor inconvenience, you don't seem to know what you are talking about!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:44:29 AM
At 2/8/2015 8:42:45 AM, JJ50 wrote:

It was hardly a minor inconvenience, you don't seem to know what you are talking about!

Yes I do. I've had Chicken Poxx. I know it sucks, you know like how dry heaving sux after a night of drinking but honestly it's no big deal and won't matter towards your kids quality of life in the grand scheme of things.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:50:06 AM
At 2/8/2015 8:44:29 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/8/2015 8:42:45 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Yes I do. I've had Chicken Poxx. I know it sucks, you know like how dry heaving sux after a night of drinking but honestly it's no big deal and won't matter towards your kids quality of life in the grand scheme of things.

Vaccination is a topic on which we will have to agree to disagree!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:04:04 AM
At 2/8/2015 8:41:43 AM, Wylted wrote:

That's a bare assertion and an opinion mine is based in fact. Did you ever get the chicken pox when you were a kid? I assume yes like most people. Did you die or even come close to death?
Ever heard of smallpox dumdum? hahaha what a fuking genius.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:17:51 AM

As we have seen time and again, the believer is often woefully misinformed for one reason or another, usually through sheer ignorance and religious propaganda, they often draw ridiculous conclusions such as these above.

Of course, no one cares if the make stupid decisions where they alone are affected, but in this case, their idiocy affects us all. And, for this, religious beliefs should not be respected in any way.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:28:00 AM
At 2/8/2015 9:17:51 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

As we have seen time and again, the believer is often woefully misinformed for one reason or another, usually through sheer ignorance and religious propaganda, they often draw ridiculous conclusions such as these above.

Of course, no one cares if the make stupid decisions where they alone are affected, but in this case, their idiocy affects us all. And, for this, religious beliefs should not be respected in any way.

That's nothing but bare assertions and strawmans.

My argument is that

1.most diseases vaccinated against are minimally harmful.

2. Over use of vaccinations could cause viruses to mutate and become vaccine resistant.

3. That the government shouldn't force medical decisions on people.

All of these things are facts. Real counter arguments may say something along the lines of...

1. Despite being relatively harmless the cost benefit analysis is on the side of vaccinating.

2. Possible but unlikely.

3. The government is benevolent and uncorrupted so they should have complet control over our medical decisions.

That's how you respond you don't make as Homs and strawmans. If you're honestly too stupid to argue properly, please leave this site as it's for debate.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:32:19 AM
At 2/8/2015 9:04:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/8/2015 8:41:43 AM, Wylted wrote:

Ever heard of smallpox dumdum? hahaha what a fuking genius.

What does small pox have to do with chicken pox, sweetheart.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:33:31 AM
At 2/8/2015 9:28:00 AM, Wylted wrote:

My argument is that

That shows you are woefully misinformed.

2. Over use of vaccinations could cause viruses to mutate and become vaccine resistant.

Woefully misinformed.

Immunizations only work if everyone is involved. And, if you choose not to be involved, then you are part of the problem, not the solution.

All of these things are facts. Real counter arguments may say something along the lines of...

Sorry, you don't present facts.

1. Despite being relatively harmless the cost benefit analysis is on the side of vaccinating.

3. The government is benevolent and uncorrupted so they should have complet control over our medical decisions.

That's how you respond you don't make as Homs and strawmans. If you're honestly too stupid to argue properly, please leave this site as it's for debate.

LOL. I have yet to see any debate from you.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:36:29 AM
At 2/8/2015 9:33:31 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

My argument is that

Woefully misinformed.

Immunizations only work if everyone is involved. And, if you choose not to be involved, then you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Those responses are mentally retarded. A response of woefully misinformed would lose you any formal debate. You have to explain why I'm misinformed or show statistics that indicate I'm full of shitt.

Please explain the extreme danger of Chicken Poxx please and why most people will die from it since you disagree with my statement that it's not very harmful.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:42:24 AM
At 2/8/2015 9:36:29 AM, Wylted wrote:

My argument is that

Woefully misinformed.

Those responses are mentally retarded.

Yes, I understand believers consider reality mentally retarded, that's why we currently have diseases running amok, because of the sanity and reasoning of believers like yourself.

A response of woefully misinformed would lose you any formal debate.

This isn't a formal debate, this is you talking sh!t.

You have to explain why I'm misinformed or show statistics that indicate I'm full of shitt.

Woefully misinformed.

Please explain the extreme danger of Chicken Poxx please and why most people will die from it since you disagree with my statement that it's not very harmful.

Woefully misinformed.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:45:55 AM
At 2/8/2015 8:37:14 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/8/2015 8:04:09 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:

From the link:

"Vaccine myths abound. Perhaps the most ironic claim made is that vaccines are unneeded. Rather, the success of vaccines allows such myths to flourish in the first place.

As the body count continues to rise, we can no longer afford to accommodate baseless objections " whether rooted in religion or pseudoscience. "

"The CDC, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development at the National Institutes of Health, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the Working Party on MMR Vaccine of the United Kingdom's Committee on the Safety of Medicines have dismissed any correlation of MMR vaccination to autism as baseless."

http://www.webmd.com...

Yes, I understood that to be true several years ago when I first researched the issue.
I was not advising, merely describing.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:47:57 AM
At 2/8/2015 9:42:24 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

My argument is that

Woefully misinformed.

Those responses are mentally retarded.

Yes, I understand believers consider reality mentally retarded, that's why we currently have diseases running amok, because of the sanity and reasoning of believers like yourself.

A response of woefully misinformed would lose you any formal debate.

This isn't a formal debate, this is you talking sh!t.

You have to explain why I'm misinformed or show statistics that indicate I'm full of shitt.

Woefully misinformed.

Woefully misinformed.

Woefully misinformed.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:55:29 AM
At 2/8/2015 9:47:57 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/8/2015 9:42:24 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Woefully misinformed.
Woefully misinformed.

Woefully misinformed.

Woefully misinformed.
Woefully misinformed.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby