Jump to topic:

Saint Brad Holkesvig: Thoroughly Discredited

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 12:02:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well, time has the tendency of separating the real from the pretenders just as it did with the Brooklyn BotchTower dozens of times. Of course, the truly deluded just regroup and simply drop the error of which they were convicted, never realizing that the reason for the error is that their entire belief system is wrong.

So it is with Saint Brad. You see, he gadded about on here for a year and a half, calling people "stupid" and "antiChrists" and "unbelievers" and any other appellation he could dream up (and those threads were not deleted, by the way). Why did he do that? Well, folks were telling him that his predictions were downright wrong. But nobody knew anything about it but Saint Brad! He alone had a hot line to God! He "proved" that by the conspicuous use of "I AM" all the time. Turns out it should have been "I AIN'T".

Now that his false predictions have been made apparent, what to do ... what to do? Well, like the BotchTowerites of old, he won't drop his claims. That's for sure. He'll merely modify them a tad. Even with zero credibility - and an overflow of mental illness/drunkenness - he'll keep trudging right alone, making one false claim after another.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 12:35:54 PM
I estimate there are only three possibilities.

1. God lied to him.

2. He lied about what God told him.

3. Mental illness.

Given that I started that controversial thread on mental illness, I doubt anyone would guess wrongly on which I'd place my bets.

Solution: First, ignore his threads. Then any time he posts his off topic garbage into another, report it. If he gets banned, he will have more time on his hands, and he can all pray he'll use a fraction of it to seek help from a doctor.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 1:03:30 PM
At 2/9/2015 12:02:37 PM, annanicole wrote:
Well, time has the tendency of separating the real from the pretenders just as it did with the Brooklyn BotchTower dozens of times. Of course, the truly deluded just regroup and simply drop the error of which they were convicted, never realizing that the reason for the error is that their entire belief system is wrong.

So it is with Saint Brad. You see, he gadded about on here for a year and a half, calling people "stupid" and "antiChrists" and "unbelievers" and any other appellation he could dream up (and those threads were not deleted, by the way). Why did he do that? Well, folks were telling him that his predictions were downright wrong. But nobody knew anything about it but Saint Brad! He alone had a hot line to God! He "proved" that by the conspicuous use of "I AM" all the time. Turns out it should have been "I AIN'T".

Now that his false predictions have been made apparent, what to do ... what to do? Well, like the BotchTowerites of old, he won't drop his claims. That's for sure. He'll merely modify them a tad. Even with zero credibility - and an overflow of mental illness/drunkenness - he'll keep trudging right alone, making one false claim after another.

This is a callout thread, which is a violation of the TOS. I obviously am not the Mod on DDO, but I still felt the need to inform you of this.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 1:10:48 PM
At 2/9/2015 1:03:30 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 2/9/2015 12:02:37 PM, annanicole wrote:

This is a callout thread, which is a violation of the TOS. I obviously am not the Mod on DDO, but I still felt the need to inform you of this.

We aren't allowed to put a person's name/tag in a thread or OP? Since when? Is this one a "call-out thread" also?

http://www.debate.org...
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 1:24:39 PM
At 2/9/2015 12:35:54 PM, Ragnar wrote:

1. God lied to him.

3. Mental illness.

Given that I started that controversial thread on mental illness, I doubt anyone would guess wrongly on which I'd place my bets.

Solution: First, ignore his threads. Then any time he posts his off topic garbage into another, report it. If he gets banned, he will have more time on his hands, and he can all pray he'll use a fraction of it to seek help from a doctor.

LOL They aren't gonna ban him. He is permitted to call people "stupid" ... "liars" ... "antichrists" ... "unbelievers" ... etc ... ad infinitum. He is excused because the mods themselves view him as a schizophrenic lunatic who is unaccountable to the general rules of courtesy. However, when he screws up (as he has done this time, with full documentation), watch what happens.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 5:33:30 PM
At 2/9/2015 1:24:39 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/9/2015 12:35:54 PM, Ragnar wrote:

1. God lied to him.

3. Mental illness.

LOL They aren't gonna ban him. He is permitted to call people "stupid" ... "liars" ... "antichrists" ... "unbelievers" ... etc ... ad infinitum. He is excused because the mods themselves view him as a schizophrenic lunatic who is unaccountable to the general rules of courtesy. However, when he screws up (as he has done this time, with full documentation), watch what happens.

Jesus was considered by many to be a liar, lunatic and believed he was lord. Jesus made wine from water. He was the perfect model for any recovering alcoholic. Might even add Jesus was unemployed, homeless, single and hung out with very unsavoury characters. Brad is going through his come to Jesus moment.
Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world. Brad is very must out of sync in this world. Jesus was crucified. Brad wishes he was killed. The parallels are surprisingly similar except for the fact Brad lives at a time when such mental illness are treatable.
It is only a matter of time before his friend, family or a member here turns him in to the authorities. Be kind to him.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 9:05:46 PM
Psalm 41
5: My enemies say of me in malice: "When will he die, and his name perish?"
6: And when one comes to see me, he utters empty words, while his heart gathers mischief; when he goes out, he tells it abroad.
7: All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.

Antichrists reject the Truth that us saints testify to. Here are a few other prophecies that are being fulfilled in this forum as the word of the Lord is being testified to.

Psalm 44
7: But thou hast saved us from our foes, and hast put to confusion those who hate us.

Psalm 69
4: More in number than the hairs of my head are those who hate me without cause; mighty are those who would destroy me, those who attack me with lies. What I did not steal must I now restore?

Amos 5
10: They hate him who reproves in the gate, and they abhor him who speaks the truth.

Proverbs 13
1: A wise son hears his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.

Acts 28
25: So, as they disagreed among themselves, they departed, after Paul had made one statement: "The Holy Spirit was right in saying to your fathers through Isaiah the prophet:
26: `Go to this people, and say, You shall indeed hear but never understand, and you shall indeed see but never perceive.
27: For this people's heart has grown dull, and their ears are heavy of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest they should perceive with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and turn for me to heal them.'

Jeremiah 6
10: To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are closed, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the LORD is to them an object of scorn, they take no pleasure in it.