Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 7:48:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is this a bad thing?

Basics include.
3 gods.
Xhule the creator. creates things for no reason.

Shanel , lord / lady of the sun , science, wisdom, justice, honor, war, math, construction,metalwork, power, wealth, metal, research , logic , knowledge in general, farming, invention and so on. Can be either male or female or other.

Lyrix God / goddess of music, poetry, art, love, dancing, emotions, moon, oceans, sea life, animals , hunting, beauty , sex, food. can be male female or other.
I was going to add my own mythology as I went along.

So far almost all reactions I have gotten went a long the lines of " Only god can reveal a religion!" or " Go for it."
I mean I have avoided putting in a lot of rules, no rape, no bigotry , (Racism , sexism ect. and yes i know a bit of that can be subjective. ) and other than that, not really a lot of rules.
Basics include things like helping out people when they need your help, if you can. Trying not to judge people , I say trying because hey you are only human. Seeking a deeper meaning behind things, accepting that our existence is not all that special. Things like meditation or prayer if you'd like , and most important of all...
Not taking everything so seriously! you know lighten up a bit with our sun worship!
See what I did there?
If you are wondering why I would start ta new religion , well mostly because I used to be religious , enjoyed the ritual involved , but didn't want to go back to it. So I made my own so i could have something that I agree with 100% .
If you are wondering no I am not trying to get money from people , nor am I actively recruiting people, but if they want to join my little religion and share in this adventure I have going on. Hey I won't stop them.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 8:41:07 PM
At 2/9/2015 7:48:17 PM, Grosslyincandescent wrote:
Is this a bad thing?

Basics include.
3 gods.

Shanel , lord / lady of the sun , science, wisdom, justice, honor, war, math, construction,metalwork, power, wealth, metal, research , logic , knowledge in general, farming, invention and so on. Can be either male or female or other.

Lyrix God / goddess of music, poetry, art, love, dancing, emotions, moon, oceans, sea life, animals , hunting, beauty , sex, food. can be male female or other.

So far almost all reactions I have gotten went a long the lines of " Only god can reveal a religion!" or " Go for it."
I mean I have avoided putting in a lot of rules, no rape, no bigotry , (Racism , sexism ect. and yes i know a bit of that can be subjective. ) and other than that, not really a lot of rules.
Basics include things like helping out people when they need your help, if you can. Trying not to judge people , I say trying because hey you are only human. Seeking a deeper meaning behind things, accepting that our existence is not all that special. Things like meditation or prayer if you'd like , and most important of all...
Not taking everything so seriously! you know lighten up a bit with our sun worship!
See what I did there?
If you are wondering why I would start ta new religion , well mostly because I used to be religious , enjoyed the ritual involved , but didn't want to go back to it. So I made my own so i could have something that I agree with 100% .
If you are wondering no I am not trying to get money from people , nor am I actively recruiting people, but if they want to join my little religion and share in this adventure I have going on. Hey I won't stop them.

If the beast made you do it, then go for it with gusto.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 12:58:33 AM
The BIG SECRET of Living LIFE and having a FREE mind,
is being comfortable without the requirement of any sort of religious concepts or BELIEF and worship of so called scientific theory that is mostly "made up" of guessing and daydreaming.

But if you do require a religion of some sort, just as well make up your own. You may not have any or many followers beyond the stuffed critters on your bed and the action figures on the shelf.

My favorite make believe and pretend is making up words that better describe the world that I view.

Make sure you include plenty of gift giving and such in your religious doctrine as that is always a BIG $ELLER.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 1:09:34 AM
Is this a bad thing?

Basics include.
3 gods.

See what I did there?

So! You have created your own religion, well you are not alone in this forum, Skyangel and B. O. G. have done so too, but their religions are also just so much rubbish.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 1:19:47 AM
At 2/10/2015 1:09:34 AM, Gentorev wrote:
Is this a bad thing?

Basics include.
3 gods.

See what I did there?

So! You have created your own religion, well you are not alone in this forum, Skyangel and B. O. G. have done so too, but their religions are also just so much rubbish.

At least this one is honest.
Senpai has noticed you.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 2:43:03 AM
As ALL religions/deities are human creations, imo, one more or less won't make any difference, lol!
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 4:25:12 AM
Is this a bad thing?

Basics include.
3 gods.

What sex is Xhule?
Grosslyincandescent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 6:05:02 AM
Believe it or not just about every gap is filled in, this is actually pretty well thought out i'm just not gona post the entire thing at once
Grosslyincandescent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 6:06:23 AM
I think the hardest part for people to grasp when i tell them about this is the whole. " I just enjoy religions and did this for fun." I can't be literally the only person that thinks religion is entertaining to participate in.
Grosslyincandescent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 6:07:36 AM
At 2/10/2015 1:19:47 AM, Beginner wrote:
Is this a bad thing?

Basics include.
3 gods.

See what I did there?

and besides sun worship is all bright and cheerful!
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:33:52 AM
Is this a bad thing?

No it's not. Just don't go around shoving it down everyone's throats

Wait... so Shanel is the god(ess) of metal but Lyrix is the god(ess) of music? But isn't metal a genre of music?
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:39:45 AM
At 2/10/2015 6:03:52 AM, Grosslyincandescent wrote:
I don't require religion but i do find the rituals fun, so yeah

You should sell your soul to Satan. I have and I've gotten a promotion at work, a 5,000 ELO , I fvck beautiful women whenever I want and I am sexy as hell.
Grosslyincandescent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:48:29 AM
At 2/10/2015 7:39:45 AM, Wylted wrote:

You should sell your soul to Satan. I have and I've gotten a promotion at work, a 5,000 ELO , I fvck beautiful women whenever I want and I am sexy as hell.
none of that sounds appealing to me lol
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:50:10 AM
At 2/10/2015 7:48:29 AM, Grosslyincandescent wrote:

Being sexy as hell isn't appealing to you?
Grosslyincandescent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:54:26 AM

Wait... so Shanel is the god(ess) of metal but Lyrix is the god(ess) of music? But isn't metal a genre of music?
use whatever gender you like, and yes metal is a genre of music , but in this case we're talking like iron /copper that sort of thing, not that he/she/it couldn't share it between the two
Grosslyincandescent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:55:11 AM
At 2/10/2015 7:50:10 AM, Wylted wrote:

not really
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:56:18 AM
At 2/10/2015 7:55:11 AM, Grosslyincandescent wrote:

not really

You're odd, lol
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:56:43 AM
At 2/10/2015 7:54:26 AM, Grosslyincandescent wrote:

use whatever gender you like, and yes metal is a genre of music , but in this case we're talking like iron /copper that sort of thing, not that he/she/it couldn't share it between the two

I'm joking.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
Grosslyincandescent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 8:05:35 AM
At 2/10/2015 7:56:18 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/10/2015 7:55:11 AM, Grosslyincandescent wrote:

not really

You're odd, lol
So i've been told :D
Grosslyincandescent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 8:06:28 AM
At 2/10/2015 7:56:43 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/10/2015 7:54:26 AM, Grosslyincandescent wrote:

I'm joking.
Oh I know, but I still felt like answering sincerely
Comrade_Silly_Otter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 8:12:42 AM
Me and my friend Ghost Minx made some gods not to long ago.

Here are the gods as of yet. Big thanks to my friend Ghost Minx for helping me refine these.

" Xuteus "
Xuteus is the god of trade, wealth, and greed. Often presented wearing intricate robes fluted with gold and colored with blue dye, with a golden wine glass in hand. He is considered a god that can corrupt, but brings wealth and power. Middle Eastern in appearance, with a well groomed mustache and shaved chin. With a slightly crooked nose, which says that wealth doesn't buy perfection.

" Oltar "
Oltar is the god of war, honor and loyalty, the red sunset, courage/bravery, and victory. Often presented a knight, wearing heavy armor with a shield and sword. Portrayed as a muscled white male, often with scars scattered around his body. The red sun set is considered a sign that a large battle has taken place somewhere, blood has spilled into the sky.

" Ohna "
the goddess of Night and Day. She controls the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars, and watches over her domain with a neutral and steady gaze. And with each day and night, purity comes and washes over the land; thus, the goddess of Purity as well. Her sign is the Lotus, she doesn't have a specific form, and can turn into anything. Believed to be the mother of the universe. Often pictured as a young woman garbed in a Stola, both of her hands outstretched to either side. In one hand: the moon. In the other, the sun. At her feet, a carving of a lotus. Some say she is the mother of life.

" Aera "
The goddess of knowledge and curiosity, and the willingness to retrieve it no matter the danger. The goddess of scholars and science, some say Aera accidentally created life in a failed experiment. Disease is often times believed to be accidentally concocted by Aera. Often portrayed as a Plague Doctor.

"Seeking enlightenment in the darkest of times, "ra leads us. With scientific apparatus and alchemy and curiosity, we push forward. We discover new things about (insert continent here), that we may continue on our journey towards perfect wisdom."

" Xyztar "
The god of crime, murder, lies, and death. Often presented as some sort of jester. Said to be often hiding in the shadows, and dealing death at the random sometimes. Assassins often idolize them.

" Cerran "
Goddess of the sea and water, well come on all polytheistic religions need a god of sorts for the sea. Goddess of exotic creatures, mystery, and exploration. Brings the spring rains and the ocean waves. Often shown as a water nymph of sorts. Sailors often praise Cerran in hopes of calm seas.

"Cerran, Watcher of the seas and lakes. She alone ensures bountiful harvests and safe travels. She calms the waves, eases the storms, and sends life-giving water to our crops. Praise be unto our Goddess Cerran!"

" Oraden "
The god of agriculture, happiness, and humble. Often displayed as a old white farmer with a gold tan with a straw hat with a constant smile. Said to have created beer and music, his smile bringing happiness to the land and his laughter capable of cheering up even Xyzstar. His teachings say to be patient, work hard, and be generous.

"Oraden teaches us that patience and hard work often pay off in the end. From humble beginnings, we better ourselves and our country. Oraden has tought us that, even while we work, we must enjoy life as well. So we live our lives, working the earth and the crops and the seeds, that we may enjoy our time on (insert continent here)."

" Ingenium "
God of the Earth, industry, civilization, engineering, and crafts. Portrayed as a floating flame, however can become many forms. Its legend that he is the one that crafted the land around Ferrum, the mountains that guard it and the plains that sustain it.

"Hark, for the flame speaks to us! Watch as our hammers rise and fall, our buildings rise and our civilization flourishes! It is all by the will of Ingenium! Without his guidance and knowledge of progress, we would be in the dark!"

" Edea "
The goddess of fertility, beauty, and the arts. Often portrayed as a young women with no bodily imperfections. Said to have invented love, and picked up on music from Ordaden. Gave the land its color. Legend has it Edea created a gift to the world, a picture of the finest of quality that was stolen by Xyztar and hidden somewhere in the world.

" Horris "
The god of gambling, beer, pillaging, navigation, cunning, and hunting. Horris is considered a savage by many, for he allows raiding on even foreign holy temples and the dirtiest of attacks. Legend says they have navigated the roughest sea created by Cerran and even fought off Oltar. Many sailors pray to Horris for luck in combat, sailing, and raiding. He is also liked by hunters. Often portrayed as a large nordic man, with a large beard and covered head to toe in hide armor welding a axe just as tall as them, with a longbow slung over a shoulder with a sword and round shield.

"In the hunt, he lends us his cunning! In battle, we are guided by his strength and cunning and ruthlessness! With our axes and bows and spears, we will cut the enemy down and take what is rightfully ours! Victory!"
Grosslyincandescent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 8:27:18 AM
At 2/10/2015 8:12:42 AM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
Me and my friend Ghost Minx made some gods not to long ago.

Here are the gods as of yet. Big thanks to my friend Ghost Minx for helping me refine these.

" Xuteus "
Xuteus is the god of trade, wealth, and greed. Often presented wearing intricate robes fluted with gold and colored with blue dye, with a golden wine glass in hand. He is considered a god that can corrupt, but brings wealth and power. Middle Eastern in appearance, with a well groomed mustache and shaved chin. With a slightly crooked nose, which says that wealth doesn't buy perfection.

" Oltar "
Oltar is the god of war, honor and loyalty, the red sunset, courage/bravery, and victory. Often presented a knight, wearing heavy armor with a shield and sword. Portrayed as a muscled white male, often with scars scattered around his body. The red sun set is considered a sign that a large battle has taken place somewhere, blood has spilled into the sky.

" Ohna "
the goddess of Night and Day. She controls the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars, and watches over her domain with a neutral and steady gaze. And with each day and night, purity comes and washes over the land; thus, the goddess of Purity as well. Her sign is the Lotus, she doesn't have a specific form, and can turn into anything. Believed to be the mother of the universe. Often pictured as a young woman garbed in a Stola, both of her hands outstretched to either side. In one hand: the moon. In the other, the sun. At her feet, a carving of a lotus. Some say she is the mother of life.

" Aera "
The goddess of knowledge and curiosity, and the willingness to retrieve it no matter the danger. The goddess of scholars and science, some say Aera accidentally created life in a failed experiment. Disease is often times believed to be accidentally concocted by Aera. Often portrayed as a Plague Doctor.

"Seeking enlightenment in the darkest of times, "ra leads us. With scientific apparatus and alchemy and curiosity, we push forward. We discover new things about (insert continent here), that we may continue on our journey towards perfect wisdom."

" Xyztar "
The god of crime, murder, lies, and death. Often presented as some sort of jester. Said to be often hiding in the shadows, and dealing death at the random sometimes. Assassins often idolize them.

" Cerran "
Goddess of the sea and water, well come on all polytheistic religions need a god of sorts for the sea. Goddess of exotic creatures, mystery, and exploration. Brings the spring rains and the ocean waves. Often shown as a water nymph of sorts. Sailors often praise Cerran in hopes of calm seas.

"Cerran, Watcher of the seas and lakes. She alone ensures bountiful harvests and safe travels. She calms the waves, eases the storms, and sends life-giving water to our crops. Praise be unto our Goddess Cerran!"

" Oraden "
The god of agriculture, happiness, and humble. Often displayed as a old white farmer with a gold tan with a straw hat with a constant smile. Said to have created beer and music, his smile bringing happiness to the land and his laughter capable of cheering up even Xyzstar. His teachings say to be patient, work hard, and be generous.

"Oraden teaches us that patience and hard work often pay off in the end. From humble beginnings, we better ourselves and our country. Oraden has tought us that, even while we work, we must enjoy life as well. So we live our lives, working the earth and the crops and the seeds, that we may enjoy our time on (insert continent here)."

" Ingenium "
God of the Earth, industry, civilization, engineering, and crafts. Portrayed as a floating flame, however can become many forms. Its legend that he is the one that crafted the land around Ferrum, the mountains that guard it and the plains that sustain it.

"Hark, for the flame speaks to us! Watch as our hammers rise and fall, our buildings rise and our civilization flourishes! It is all by the will of Ingenium! Without his guidance and knowledge of progress, we would be in the dark!"

" Edea "
The goddess of fertility, beauty, and the arts. Often portrayed as a young women with no bodily imperfections. Said to have invented love, and picked up on music from Ordaden. Gave the land its color. Legend has it Edea created a gift to the world, a picture of the finest of quality that was stolen by Xyztar and hidden somewhere in the world.

" Horris "
The god of gambling, beer, pillaging, navigation, cunning, and hunting. Horris is considered a savage by many, for he allows raiding on even foreign holy temples and the dirtiest of attacks. Legend says they have navigated the roughest sea created by Cerran and even fought off Oltar. Many sailors pray to Horris for luck in combat, sailing, and raiding. He is also liked by hunters. Often portrayed as a large nordic man, with a large beard and covered head to toe in hide armor welding a axe just as tall as them, with a longbow slung over a shoulder with a sword and round shield.

"In the hunt, he lends us his cunning! In battle, we are guided by his strength and cunning and ruthlessness! With our axes and bows and spears, we will cut the enemy down and take what is rightfully ours! Victory!"
Not enough praising of the sun ..lol
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 10:13:27 AM
Is this a bad thing?

Basics include.
3 gods.

See what I did there?

We have enough religions already...
You can call me Mark if you like.
Comrade_Silly_Otter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 10:30:16 AM
At 2/10/2015 10:13:27 AM, debate_power wrote:
Is this a bad thing?

Basics include.
3 gods.

See what I did there?

What do you think of the one Ghost minx and I created? :D
Grosslyincandescent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 2:07:03 PM
At 2/10/2015 10:30:16 AM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:
At 2/10/2015 10:13:27 AM, debate_power wrote:
Is this a bad thing?

Basics include.
3 gods.

See what I did there?

What do you think of the one Ghost minx and I created? :D
me likes for the most part, horris is a bit too close to horus lol
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 3:18:43 PM
At 2/10/2015 6:07:36 AM, Grosslyincandescent wrote:
Is this a bad thing?

Basics include.
3 gods.

See what I did there?

Traditionally Sun worship, particularly among the Aztecs and Incas, was rather bloody and violent. I'm glad yours is not.
Grosslyincandescent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 3:52:05 PM
At 2/10/2015 3:18:43 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/10/2015 6:07:36 AM, Grosslyincandescent wrote:
Is this a bad thing?

Basics include.
3 gods.

See what I did there?

Traditionally Sun worship, particularly among the Aztecs and Incas, was rather bloody and violent. I'm glad yours is not.
This is true, i'm not big on sacrifice.