Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

Should Individual Pastors Allow Gay Marriage?

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 11:41:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Most Christians against the gay marriage thing is mainly because their beliefs and that they don't want to marry gay couples. But then I thought of something. Now let's say a well respected pastor is asked to minister a gay wedding. The pastor agrees and says he sees it compatible with the bible. Would you as a Christian, kick the pastor out from his ministry?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 11:59:00 PM
At 2/10/2015 11:41:13 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Most Christians against the gay marriage thing is mainly because their beliefs and that they don't want to marry gay couples. But then I thought of something. Now let's say a well respected pastor is asked to minister a gay wedding. The pastor agrees and says he sees it compatible with the bible. Would you as a Christian, kick the pastor out from his ministry?

I've got this crazy idea. If you think same sex marriage is wrong or against your religious beliefs then don't marry some one of the same sex ? as opposed to restricting same sex marriage to everyone ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 7:30:14 AM
At 2/10/2015 11:59:00 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/10/2015 11:41:13 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

I've got this crazy idea. If you think same sex marriage is wrong or against your religious beliefs then don't marry some one of the same sex ? as opposed to restricting same sex marriage to everyone ?

That's the problem, these pastors try to speak for the church. It's as if you have to join a denomination and be stuck with its group.