Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 3:02:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
http://www.nydailynews.com...

=> Any thoughts?!
Current Debates In Voting Period:

- The Qur'an We Have Today is Not What Muhammad Dictated Verbatim. Vs. @Envisage:
http://www.debate.org...

- Drawing Contest. Vs. @purpleduck:

"It is perfectly permissible to vote on sources without reading them" bluesteel.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 3:11:15 PM
I think there is a lot of speculation as to why he killed them (if he is found guilty). It almost looks like the article is implying that he killed them because he is an atheist, but we do not know that.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 3:18:30 PM
At 2/11/2015 3:11:15 PM, SNP1 wrote:
I think there is a lot of speculation as to why he killed them (if he is found guilty). It almost looks like the article is implying that he killed them because he is an atheist, but we do not know that.

Here's a different one: http://www.usatoday.com...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 3:21:00 PM
At 2/11/2015 3:18:30 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

"Police spokesman Lt. Joshua Mecimore said a preliminary investigation indicates the crime was "motivated by an ongoing neighbor dispute over parking" and that Hicks, who lives in the complex, is cooperating with investigators, according to newsobserver.com."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 3:24:52 PM
At 2/11/2015 3:21:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

"Police spokesman Lt. Joshua Mecimore said a preliminary investigation indicates the crime was "motivated by an ongoing neighbor dispute over parking" and that Hicks, who lives in the complex, is cooperating with investigators, according to newsobserver.com."

I didn't read that one. Some suggest it was religiously motivated, some apparently do not.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 3:27:03 PM
At 2/11/2015 3:24:52 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 2/11/2015 3:21:00 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I didn't read that one. Some suggest it was religiously motivated, some apparently do not.

The ones that put a heavy emphasis on religion (when there is no hard evidence is was religiously-fueled) are out to get views, not report what happened.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 3:30:33 PM
At 2/11/2015 3:02:54 PM, YassineB wrote:

=> Any thoughts?!

That guy killed three young people, it's disgusting and vile.

It would appear they are trying to link the comments he made on his Facebook page towards religion to the shootings, yet there appears to be some long-disputed parking issue as well. I can't imagine this guy shooting three people for either reason. Doesn't make sense.

Some of the problems there are that the person who called 911 said they never saw anything, in other words, there were no witnesses, so we can't make a judgement call on whether or not that guy was involved in the shooting. Most likely, he was.

From the article:

"...police Wednesday morning said Hicks and the victims had an "ongoing neighbor dispute over parking," which may have motivated the killings."

I would think that if indeed the shooting was a hate crime because they were Muslims, the public would be outraged that the police would issue such a statement.

At this point, it's very difficult to say one way or another.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 3:37:17 PM
At 2/11/2015 3:30:33 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

=> Any thoughts?!

It would appear they are trying to link the comments he made on his Facebook page towards religion to the shootings, yet there appears to be some long-disputed parking issue as well. I can't imagine this guy shooting three people for either reason. Doesn't make sense.

Some of the problems there are that the person who called 911 said they never saw anything, in other words, there were no witnesses, so we can't make a judgement call on whether or not that guy was involved in the shooting. Most likely, he was.

From the article:

"...police Wednesday morning said Hicks and the victims had an "ongoing neighbor dispute over parking," which may have motivated the killings."

I would think that if indeed the shooting was a hate crime because they were Muslims, the public would be outraged that the police would issue such a statement.

- Nobody buys that, you don't shoot 3 people at the same time execution style in the head because of a parking space, even if that parking space was made literally of gold. This lie isn't even in the zone of the lowest & vaguest standards of Motive. Seriously?! What a joke! Even the stupidest most gullible jury in Humanity won't fall for that alleged motive.

- The Qur'an We Have Today is Not What Muhammad Dictated Verbatim. Vs. @Envisage:

"It is perfectly permissible to vote on sources without reading them" bluesteel.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 3:45:48 PM

- Regardless of why he killed them, that's not the point. Besides: 'he killed someone because he is an atheist' is an incoherent proposition, atheism is not a cause of killing, nor is any religion for that matter! If that were true, then they'd be a Law prohibiting atheism.

- The point is the Media Coverage, & the extreme HYPOCRISY of the western media & their unfathomably plain bias.

- The official story is that there was an issue of parking space! Seriously?! They make us feel like fools, & make themselves look like fools. Not even the most gullible jury in the world would ever buy that a guy killed 3 muslims execution style & shot in the head because of a freaking parking space. What a joke!

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 3:50:51 PM
Another deranged gun enthusiast. Proof that not all of them are conservative fundamentalist Christians. Mainly it's proof that the Second Amendment is outdated. Back when the Constitution was written, you'd have a hard time reloading your musket fast enough to execute more than one person before they ran away and the police got you. But now guns are quick to reload and you can kill as many as you please.

In any case, a real tragedy. My heart goes out to the family and friends of the victims
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 4:01:43 PM
At 2/11/2015 3:37:17 PM, YassineB wrote:
At 2/11/2015 3:30:33 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

=> Any thoughts?!

From the article:

- Nobody buys that, you don't shoot 3 people at the same time execution style in the head because of a parking space, even if that parking space was made literally of gold. This lie isn't even in the zone of the lowest & vaguest standards of Motive. Seriously?! What a joke! Even the stupidest most gullible jury in Humanity won't fall for that alleged motive.

So, you are already being judge and jury without all the facts in? Isn't that exactly what a propagandist would do?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 4:41:09 PM

=> Any thoughts?!

Nobody deserves to be killed for any reason. I don't care what that reason is. This man is not guilty of hating for religious reasons or any of the sort. He simply lost his cool, had some form of prejudice (in my opinion, terrorist prejudice is popular in America), and he acted on those fuels to the fire that ignited the gun. It happened. The only thing we can do is pray for the family and do our best to take the necessary steps to prevent future occurrences like this.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 4:51:06 PM
At 2/11/2015 4:41:09 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

=> Any thoughts?!

Nobody deserves to be killed for any reason. I don't care what that reason is. This man is not guilty of hating for religious reasons or any of the sort. He simply lost his cool, had some form of prejudice (in my opinion, terrorist prejudice is popular in America), and he acted on those fuels to the fire that ignited the gun. It happened. The only thing we can do is pray for the family and do our best to take the necessary steps to prevent future occurrences like this.

- Well, I don't accept that, I as in: the muslim community. I demand an official apology, & a nation wide protest, & an around the clock media coverage.
> Sadly, none of that will happen, unless of course it was the opposite that occurred, because in that case, I can guarantee you, all of that & more WILL happen.

- It happened, it shouldn't've happened, & to make sure, we won't let it happen. The western media & its supporters only unite when muslims are the perpetrators, what HYPOCRISY, & that should stop if we ever intend for such atrocities to not happen again.

- Lost his cool, huh! Shot three innocent, decent, highly educated, MUSLIMS in the head execution style, riiiiiiiiight! If that's the effect of losing one's cool, then I don't wanna be beside anyone if they get really angry.

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 5:06:07 PM
At 2/11/2015 3:45:48 PM, YassineB wrote:

- Regardless of why he killed them, that's not the point. Besides: 'he killed someone because he is an atheist' is an incoherent proposition, atheism is not a cause of killing, nor is any religion for that matter! If that were true, then they'd be a Law prohibiting atheism.

- The point is the Media Coverage, & the extreme HYPOCRISY of the western media & their unfathomably plain bias.

- The official story is that there was an issue of parking space! Seriously?! They make us feel like fools, & make themselves look like fools. Not even the most gullible jury in the world would ever buy that a guy killed 3 muslims execution style & shot in the head because of a freaking parking space. What a joke!

There was a issue about parking. The people killed by ISIL are volunteers and journalists out there to help the refugees and displaced. If he was really mad he would have burnt them alive. Was he using reverse psychology and terrorizing Muslims instead. Should Muslims be terrorized like they are terrorizing foreigners?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 5:38:14 PM
At 2/11/2015 4:51:06 PM, YassineB wrote:

=> Any thoughts?!

- Well, I don't accept that, I as in: the muslim community. I demand an official apology, & a nation wide protest, & an around the clock media coverage.

Why would you demand those things?

Seriously dude, wait till all the facts are in before making a judgment call. There are thousands of multiple homicides in the US every year for reasons similar or to a lesser extent those being sparked by a long standing parking dispute.

> Sadly, none of that will happen, unless of course it was the opposite that occurred, because in that case, I can guarantee you, all of that & more WILL happen.

So, you're guaranteeing there will be violence before all the facts are in?

- It happened, it shouldn't've happened, & to make sure, we won't let it happen. The western media & its supporters only unite when muslims are the perpetrators, what HYPOCRISY, & that should stop if we ever intend for such atrocities to not happen again.

- Lost his cool, huh! Shot three innocent, decent, highly educated, MUSLIMS in the head execution style, riiiiiiiiight! If that's the effect of losing one's cool, then I don't wanna be beside anyone if they get really angry.

But, that's what happens multiple times every day in the US and other countries, folks with guns get real angry and kill people.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 6:10:30 PM
At 2/11/2015 5:38:14 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

- I am officially ignoring you, though here you actually made an actual response, & so I'll respond:

- It was a figure of speech, I as in: the muslim community. 'Demand'? Yes, because that's exactly what will be demanded from us in case the opposite happened.

Seriously dude, wait till all the facts are in before making a judgment call. There are thousands of multiple homicides in the US every year for reasons similar or to a lesser extent those being sparked by a long standing parking dispute.

- I am not making any claims, nor am I accusing anyone of anything. I am denying the idiotic alleged claimed motive of the 'parking dispute' based on its unintelligibility, for it is extraordinarily nonsensical. A motive should correspond to the degree of the crime, a man killing his wife because she slept with another or because she has life insurance, that's called a motive ; a man killing his wife because they had a disagreement on who's gonna make use of the TV controller, well, that's no motive at all.

- I am guaranteeing that if a muslim happens to kill 3 atheists or whatever, for whatever reason, the Media is gonna have a field day, & protests are gonna roam the country, & muslims will be shamed into apologising & denouncing the act from all over the world. & NO ONE will wait for any facts to come in.

But, that's what happens multiple times every day in the US and other countries, folks with guns get real angry and kill people.

- Then the guy must be so f*cking angry he had to execute the entire innocent decent family on the spot & in their house. I'd understand if he was a lunatic fanatic islamophobe ; but, just parking space?! hell no!
- Plus, that's not even remotely the point, there are wars going on where hundreds are slaughtered every day, the point is the Media, the Bias, & the HYPOCRISY.

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 6:18:22 PM
At 2/11/2015 4:51:06 PM, YassineB wrote:

=> Any thoughts?!

So one person demands a public apology? I can find muslims that don't want a pubic apology. You just want fame.

The ex wife has stated that he was obsessed with the film, "Falling Down", which is about a man who goes around killing for no reason.

Also, she stated that religion would not have played a role.

I can imagine this guy is insane. He shows the signs of my neighbor, who once held his wife hostage in the house and had a shotgun against her. He said he would kill the cats they owned first, then her if his daughter didn't come back home from wherever she went. Luckily, no cat or human was harmed and he was apprehended. But he would've done hate crime, execution style to his wife and pets, all because he wanted his daughter home. And it wasn't just do it and i'll stop. He was going to have to give her a count to some set of minutes or he'll start shooting if she didn't get there.

So there are people would easily kill because they lost their patience with society.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 6:35:27 PM
At 2/11/2015 6:18:22 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
So one person demands a public apology? I can find muslims that don't want a pubic apology. You just want fame.

- I don't! & I couldn't care less. 'I' in my proposition was meant as a figure of speech, as in the muslim community demands such & such. The message was: if the opposite would've happened, that is if a muslim man executed three innocent people, there will be Media coverage around the clock, protests nation wide, & apologies demanded from every goddam cleric in or out of the country. The message is to show the HYPOCRISY, not to actually demand anything, & as I stated, none of that will happen anyways.

The ex wife has stated that he was obsessed with the film, "Falling Down", which is about a man who goes around killing for no reason.

- Well, at least that's a less dubious motive than 'parking dispute'. The guy obviously has his issues, but there are questions to be asked, & the answer is most definitely not 'parking dispute'.

I can imagine this guy is insane. He shows the signs of my neighbor, who once held his wife hostage in the house and had a shotgun against her. He said he would kill the cats they owned first, then her if his daughter didn't come back home from wherever she went. Luckily, no cat or human was harmed and he was apprehended. But he would've done hate crime, execution style to his wife and pets, all because he wanted his daughter home. And it wasn't just do it and i'll stop. He was going to have to give her a count to some set of minutes or he'll start shooting if she didn't get there.

- There has to be much more than that, people are still people, & killing is still killing. The nature of the #ChapelHillShooting crime is of extreme brutality & mercilessness, it shows there is very strong incentive & capacity. Wanting your your daughter home hardly qualifies even for violence, but murder? & execution style, that's way far fetched.

So there are people would easily kill because they lost their patience with society.

- Yeah, they are called serial killers, or nut cases, certainly not impatient ones.

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 6:38:46 PM
At 2/11/2015 6:35:27 PM, YassineB wrote:
At 2/11/2015 6:18:22 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

- I don't! & I couldn't care less. 'I' in my proposition was meant as a figure of speech, as in the muslim community demands such & such. The message was: if the opposite would've happened, that is if a muslim man executed three innocent people, there will be Media coverage around the clock, protests nation wide, & apologies demanded from every goddam cleric in or out of the country. The message is to show the HYPOCRISY, not to actually demand anything, & as I stated, none of that will happen anyways.

- Well, at least that's a less dubious motive than 'parking dispute'. The guy obviously has his issues, but there are questions to be asked, & the answer is most definitely not 'parking dispute'.

- There has to be much more than that, people are still people, & killing is still killing. The nature of the #ChapelHillShooting crime is of extreme brutality & mercilessness, it shows there is very strong incentive & capacity. Wanting your your daughter home hardly qualifies even for violence, but murder? & execution style, that's way far fetched.

- Yeah, they are called serial killers, or nut cases, certainly not impatient ones.

And this man, is a nut case. He doesn't have sanity if statements were also that he always went over to their house with a gun in his holster, always complaining about the parking.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 6:51:42 PM
At 2/11/2015 6:38:46 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
And this man, is a nut case. He doesn't have sanity if statements were also that he always went over to their house with a gun in his holster, always complaining about the parking.

- I don't know that! Maybe he was mentally ill, which I doubt, because if he was, he'd most likely have had a history of mental disorder, he would've had some kinda medication prescriptions . . . & none of that, though very relevant, is mentioned. Maybe he wasn't, we might know soon. Still, all the signs show that this was conform with a hate crime, & if it was, I doubt the guy is gonna confess to it, he has enough on his plate already, why add plenty to it.

- If he was a nut case, then the issue of parking is irrelevant, as it would serve at best as an excuse. Otherwise, he could've killed anyone who disagrees with his parking preferences

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 7:03:53 PM
At 2/11/2015 6:10:30 PM, YassineB wrote:

- I am officially ignoring you, though here you actually made an actual response, & so I'll respond:

- It was a figure of speech, I as in: the muslim community. 'Demand'? Yes, because that's exactly what will be demanded from us in case the opposite happened.

Do you believe you speak for the Muslim community? They would be wrong in making those demands other than from the family of the shooter. The public, as in the authorities, have someone in custody and are investigating the murder. I don't see any other demands the authorities should accept.

- I am not making any claims, nor am I accusing anyone of anything. I am denying the idiotic alleged claimed motive of the 'parking dispute' based on its unintelligibility, for it is extraordinarily nonsensical. A motive should correspond to the degree of the crime, a man killing his wife because she slept with another or because she has life insurance, that's called a motive ; a man killing his wife because they had a disagreement on who's gonna make use of the TV controller, well, that's no motive at all.

Sorry, but in the real world, the degree of motive and crime does not go up and down on a constant scale. Completely ridiculous and meaningless reasons have sparked these kind of murders. We don't even know if the murders were premeditated or not.

- I am guaranteeing that if a muslim happens to kill 3 atheists or whatever, for whatever reason, the Media is gonna have a field day, & protests are gonna roam the country, & muslims will be shamed into apologising & denouncing the act from all over the world. & NO ONE will wait for any facts to come in.

I doubt that, dude.

- Then the guy must be so f*cking angry he had to execute the entire innocent decent family on the spot & in their house. I'd understand if he was a lunatic fanatic islamophobe ; but, just parking space?! hell no!

You just judged the man without any solid facts at your disposal. This is how the violence gets started, with those kind of statements.

- Plus, that's not even remotely the point, there are wars going on where hundreds are slaughtered every day, the point is the Media, the Bias, & the HYPOCRISY.

Maybe you should demand an apology from the Media, then?
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 11:47:08 PM

Are you joking? People get killed over stupid crap all of the time. Food, video games, traffic... I could probably a dozen stories within the last year, possibly all in Florida, of people getting killed for reasons that are just as idiotic as parking spaces. Actually, I bet I could find a story about someone being killed over a parking space. It happens all the time. Oh, here's a guy (in Florida) who smothered his child because it was distracting him from his video games: http://www.nydailynews.com... And here's a guy who killed someone over a parking space: http://www.nydailynews.com... So, yeah, people are killed over dumb stuff all the time.

That said, I have no doubt that the guy's anti-religious zealotry contributed to whatever his state of mind actually was when he killed those people. For all of us, the things we obsess over tend to bleed into areas that they shouldn't. No reason to think this guy is any different.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 12:04:30 AM

- I am not making any claims, nor am I accusing anyone of anything. I am denying the idiotic alleged claimed motive of the 'parking dispute' based on its unintelligibility, for it is extraordinarily nonsensical.

Are you familiar -at all- with some of the other basic shootings that make the newspapers?

Florida had 2 shootings recently, 1 over loud music, another over texting in a movie theater.

A motive should correspond to the degree of the crime, a man killing his wife because she slept with another or because she has life insurance, that's called a motive ; a man killing his wife because they had a disagreement on who's gonna make use of the TV controller, well, that's no motive at all.

Its not a GOOD motive, but that doesn't mean it very well couldn't have sparked the argument. Its a strange world, sometimes.

Because you are thinking like a super criminal, and not a dude with a gun and a screw loose, or a sixer of Naty-lite in his gut.

This is known as 'hype'. Hype draws viewers, because it is both relevant, and shocking. Russia invades part of the Ukraine for geopolit...-snore-.

Man kills 3 over parking space... wait... I have a parking space! And a strange next door neighbor!
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 2:55:36 AM
At 2/11/2015 11:47:08 PM, Burzmali wrote:
Are you joking? People get killed over stupid crap all of the time. Food, video games, traffic... I could probably a dozen stories within the last year, possibly all in Florida, of people getting killed for reasons that are just as idiotic as parking spaces. Actually, I bet I could find a story about someone being killed over a parking space. It happens all the time. Oh, here's a guy (in Florida) who smothered his child because it was distracting him from his video games: http://www.nydailynews.com... And here's a guy who killed someone over a parking space: http://www.nydailynews.com... So, yeah, people are killed over dumb stuff all the time.

That said, I have no doubt that the guy's anti-religious zealotry contributed to whatever his state of mind actually was when he killed those people. For all of us, the things we obsess over tend to bleed into areas that they shouldn't. No reason to think this guy is any different.

- If a guy can kill another over a parking space, what would he do if someone stole his property?! I am still not buying it, the motive is not the dispute, the motive exists in the guy's sick mentality, the dispute is either an excuse or what we call 'the straw that broke the camel's back', that's the only apparent explanation, for there is no sign that the innocent family was so harmful to him that they deserved to be executed in their home.

- That been said, my issue with the story is not its merits & circumstances, it may very well be an ordinary case, although that's highly unlikely the case. My issue is simple: what would've happen if it was the opposite that occurred?! >>> & that's what I call: HYPOCRISY.

YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 3:09:51 AM
At 2/12/2015 12:04:30 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Are you familiar -at all- with some of the other basic shootings that make the newspapers?

Florida had 2 shootings recently, 1 over loud music, another over texting in a movie theater.

- I am mystified! Who are the perpetrators?! We sometimes here of odd incidents such as these, but it always turns out that either is story is more complicated than it appears to be, or the perpetrator has some serious problems, or even the victim deserved it after all.

Its not a GOOD motive, but that doesn't mean it very well couldn't have sparked the argument. Its a strange world, sometimes.

- I can relate to 'sparked', as in "the last straw that broke the camel's back". But, I don't think that's a motive, AT ALL, the crime is way too brutal & inhumane to count as a simple murder, there must be an adequate incentive to account for here, & hate crime may just be the answer.

Because you are thinking like a super criminal, and not a dude with a gun and a screw loose, or a sixer of Naty-lite in his gut.

- I can relate to 'screw loose': screws, many. Though that's not my issue.

This is known as 'hype'. Hype draws viewers, because it is both relevant, and shocking. Russia invades part of the Ukraine for geopolit...-snore-.

- Well, the wisdom lies behind the Hype, & that's HYPOCRISY, Bias, Propaganda. . .

Man kills 3 over parking space... wait... I have a parking space! And a strange next door neighbor!

- Relax, as long as you're not a muslim :) .

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 3:50:24 AM
At 2/12/2015 3:09:51 AM, YassineB wrote:
At 2/12/2015 12:04:30 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

- I am mystified! Who are the perpetrators?! We sometimes here of odd incidents such as these, but it always turns out that either is story is more complicated than it appears to be, or the perpetrator has some serious problems, or even the victim deserved it after all.

Not surprisingly armed white men. The loud music incident was exactly that. The shooter was upset the music was loud from a group of teens in a parking stall next to him. The teens disregarded the request. From there, the gentleman states that a teen began to emerge from the vehicle after making a threatening statement, to which he proceeded to spray the car with hot lead, killing one. The evidence of the case didn't exactly agree with his rendition of things.

Texting in a movie theater- older former police officer interupts a man texting in a theater in a rather rude fashion, needless to say such rudeness is reciprocated, in the course of that, the older gentleman pulls gun and shoots the other during the hostilities.

- I can relate to 'sparked', as in "the last straw that broke the camel's back". But, I don't think that's a motive, AT ALL, the crime is way too brutal & inhumane to count as a simple murder, there must be an adequate incentive to account for here, & hate crime may just be the answer.

I would say that is the fuel. It helps contribute to the already present anger.

- I can relate to 'screw loose': screws, many. Though that's not my issue.

- Well, the wisdom lies behind the Hype, & that's HYPOCRISY, Bias, Propaganda. . .

Because all those sell papers, attract viewership, run up the numbers. "If it bleeds, it leads".

- Relax, as long as you're not a muslim :) .

Or texting in a movie theater, or playing my music to loud.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 4:15:38 AM
At 2/12/2015 3:50:24 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Not surprisingly armed white men. The loud music incident was exactly that. The shooter was upset the music was loud from a group of teens in a parking stall next to him. The teens disregarded the request. From there, the gentleman states that a teen began to emerge from the vehicle after making a threatening statement, to which he proceeded to spray the car with hot lead, killing one. The evidence of the case didn't exactly agree with his rendition of things.

Texting in a movie theater- older former police officer interupts a man texting in a theater in a rather rude fashion, needless to say such rudeness is reciprocated, in the course of that, the older gentleman pulls gun and shoots the other during the hostilities.

- Violence leads to more Violence & eventually murder, stretched, but understandable. However, Execution? HELL NO! Things are what they are, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck & walks like a duck, then it's probably a freaking duck.

- You & I are speaking from completely different perspectives, you're trying to understand the situation & the guy, I am not. I am trying to point out the HYPOCRISY of the situation. If the opposite happened, I am sure we'll be having an entirely different conversation. I am not suggestion you're prejudiced against Islam or anything, on the opposite, you're one of the rare civilised bunch. I am arguing, however, that if the exact opposite happens, we won't be trying to understand the situation or the guy, neither will we be interested in doing so, all that will be laid out: 'Islam is the enemy, or is it?' hypocritical & biased islamophobic discussion.

Because all those sell papers, attract viewership, run up the numbers. "If it bleeds, it leads".

- Well, it did bleed, & it didn't lead. It would though, most definitely, if the opposite happened. Moral of the story, muslim blood is worthless, from the Media & Political perspective that is, hence, HYPOCRISY.

Or texting in a movie theatre, or playing my music to loud.

- I think that's common decency.

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 4:20:48 AM

=> Any thoughts?!

YassineB its not a "A terrorist attack" they called it "Hate crime" in the news

how miserable and hypocritical can people be when it comes to muslims... and lets see if they will protest and call the leaders of the world for religious freedom like they did in paris...
Never fart near dog
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 4:56:07 AM

- Violence leads to more Violence & eventually murder, stretched, but understandable. However, Execution? HELL NO! Things are what they are, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck & walks like a duck, then it's probably a freaking duck.

- You & I are speaking from completely different perspectives, you're trying to understand the situation & the guy, I am not. I am trying to point out the HYPOCRISY of the situation. If the opposite happened, I am sure we'll be having an entirely different conversation. I am not suggestion you're prejudiced against Islam or anything, on the opposite, you're one of the rare civilised bunch. I am arguing, however, that if the exact opposite happens, we won't be trying to understand the situation or the guy, neither will we be interested in doing so, all that will be laid out: 'Islam is the enemy, or is it?' hypocritical & biased islamophobic discussion.

In some instances, yes, and in some instances no. The opposite already has happened, and is happening. What could arguably the situation you state has happened here, I believe you would find the amount of outrage and discussion is perportionate to a body count and those involved. Thus far, with regards to 'radical Islamists' acting solo, the media has been relatively quiet. The Boston Marathon bomber, the Ft. Hood shooter, that dude that cut off a co-workers head in the Mid-West.... Its not until such actions combine to form cohesive groups does the public/media get outraged to lay it at the feet of Islam, since it was a collection of that group that did it.

Nidal Malik Hasan kills a group of people: its a guy with a screw loose.
A 2 brothers detonate a bomb during the Boston Marathon: connections should be investigated.
4 people storm a newspaper and shoot the place up with AKs, claming insults to the prophet .... and promises of similar action: then sure. "Is Islam the enemy?".

- Well, it did bleed, & it didn't lead. It would though, most definitely, if the opposite happened. Moral of the story, muslim blood is worthless, from the Media & Political perspective that is, hence, HYPOCRISY.

What? Foxnews.com has the story as recent events after the Ukranian cease-fire, CNN still has the story in their headline banner, and Drudge has 2 stories about it in their first 10 listed.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 5:07:24 AM
At 2/12/2015 4:56:07 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
In some instances, yes, and in some instances no. The opposite already has happened, and is happening. What could arguably the situation you state has happened here, I believe you would find the amount of outrage and discussion is perportionate to a body count and those involved. Thus far, with regards to 'radical Islamists' acting solo, the media has been relatively quiet. The Boston Marathon bomber, the Ft. Hood shooter, that dude that cut off a co-workers head in the Mid-West.... Its not until such actions combine to form cohesive groups does the public/media get outraged to lay it at the feet of Islam, since it was a collection of that group that did it.

- The landscape is not the same, & that's a pretty freaking obvious thing, if Islam is in the background, it's a totally different thing. For one, if it was a muslim, his religion will be the first & most important & relevant about him.

Nidal Malik Hasan kills a group of people: its a guy with a screw loose.
A 2 brothers detonate a bomb during the Boston Marathon: connections should be investigated.
4 people storm a newspaper and shoot the place up with AKs, claming insults to the prophet .... and promises of similar action: then sure. "Is Islam the enemy?".

- Yeah, & those stirred up the exact consequences I was talking about.

What? Foxnews.com has the story as recent events after the Ukranian cease-fire, CNN still has the story in their headline banner, and Drudge has 2 stories about it in their first 10 listed.

- They didn't, none of them, for a whole day, they did when the social media forced their hands. Plus, again, it's an entirely different landscape, the kind of dialogues & people they'b bringing, & the speeches they'd be giving, & the protests they'd be marching, if the situation was reverse, will be entirely different: biased & hypocritical that is.