Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Lord of the Bible is the Best

Bendido
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 4:41:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Experience is a Good Teacher; but the Lord of the Bible is the Best!

http://www.elisoriano.com...

I salute the noble objectives of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR). In my country, I know of commissioners in the CHR who are impartial and stand by their principles and integrity.They deserve the highest commendation for it is due them.

(Romans 13:7)Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

To be impartial and equitable in the disposition of a case while someone is surrounded by threats and influence peddlers, more so, if these influence peddlers are holding high positions in government is not a very easy task to do.

A person who does not steal can not out rightly be tagged as honest and not a thief. An honest person (and not a thief) is someone who does not steal even when there is a chance to do so. A person who stands in the principles of justice even under pressure is a just person.

I know that this has been the situation of those who handled my petition in the CHR-NCR who decided in favor of me against a government official whom they found out to have violated my human rights. For this and their effort I pray that they may be rewarded by the Almighty.

To give honor and praises to whom they are not due is the highest of folly that a man may commit.

(Proverbs 24:24)He who says to the wicked, " You are innocent, " will be cursed by peoples, abhorred by nations" RSV

(Proverbs 15:5) To respect the person of the wicked is not good, Nor to turn aside the righteous in judgment.ASV

chrdecision_longcopy.jpg

But my appreciation is coupled with pity and sympathy to these people of integrity and courage in serving true justice.

The Commission on Human Rights in my country can not prosecute those they have found to be guilty of violating human rights.The process is for them to recommend the filling of a case against an erring official to the Ombudsman.An Ombudsman, although, regarded as an independent official is appointed by the President.If the office of the Ombudsman will dismiss the petition of a complainant, the toils of the CHR are almost wasted.If the person complained of is appointed by the President; and the Ombudsman is also appointed of the President, can you guess what will happen to the complainant?

Experience is a good teacher; but the Lord of the Bible is the best!

(Job 9:24)The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where,and who is he?

Many countries of the world are plagued with corruption and injustice.Corruption can not emanate from ordinary citizens.They come from corrupt officials and leaders.

(Micah 3:11)Her leaders pronounce judgment for a bribe, Her priests instruct for a price And her prophets divine for money Yet they lean on the LORD saying, "Is not the LORD in our midst? Calamity will not come upon us."NASB

But the true faces of corrupt leaders are hidden from the people because of their earthly wisdom and intelligence.

(Ecclesiastes 8:1)Who is like the wise man? And who knows the interpretation of a thing? A man"s wisdom makes his face shine, and the hardness of his countenance is changed. RSV

But no amount of make-up, wisdom, or hypocrisy can hide the true being of corrupt leaders from someone who knows the wisdom of God in the Bible.Mounting evidences will be easily discerned by the able guidance of the best teacher!

(Proverbs 29:2)When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

Unrest and discontent are symptoms of a prevailing culture of corruption in any government.

(Proverbs 29:2)When the righteous are increased, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man beareth rule, the people sigh.ASV

Sighs and mourning of people will definitely determine the cause of the illness in society.

Although in the religious sector, I have been in media for the last three decades. I have mingled with the best and known personalities in media.I have been a guest in almost all kind of television and radio programs. It was not until now, very recently, that I have known that media men covering some "political developments" were tied like pigs by authorities.I am lucky I was not there.In my opinion, this is another violation of human rights, especially of press people, but I can not advice them to file a case with the Commission on Human Rights because they might experience my good teacher.It certainly will not be a pleasant experience.Our only hope for true justice is in the judgment seat of God.

(Ecclesiastes 12:14)For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Somebody told me, that somebody (maybe a false apostle) who commented ""pinakawalan na sila, hindi sila pinaylan"" ("" they were freed and were not charged"); I heard what he said, "I sympathize with you.I pity you if you do not feel pity for yourself because what you have said must not be said by a person of an expected caliber that others presume you have."To this I say, "No comment."

But the Bible has this to say:

(Jude 1:10)But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

To our people in media, next time don"t be too close in covering any event, your braveness might bring you to jail.It is good if you would be like Enoch.

(Hebrews 11:5)Enoch walked with God. Then he couldn"t be found, because God took him from this life.NIRV

Sincerely in Christ,

Bro. Eliseo Soriano

Brother Eli

Other Similar Articles:

The Power that Drives Me

The Truth is the Truth " if it is the Whole Truth

The Truth" The Whole Truth" and Nothing but the Truth

Magistrates Employing Deceit and Fraud?

Perfect Justice in God"s Perfect Time
uncung
Posts: 3,442
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 5:29:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Lord of the bible is the best if He is a true God. However many people attribute Him with the wrong attributions such as God belongs to the son, God regretted, God fought with Moses, and soon.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 6:34:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 5:29:31 AM, uncung wrote:
Lord of the bible is the best if He is a true God. However many people attribute Him with the wrong attributions such as God belongs to the son, God regretted, God fought with Moses, and soon.

There aren't any true gods.
Man has created all of them in his fear of death.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
uncung
Posts: 3,442
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:45:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:34:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/13/2015 5:29:31 AM, uncung wrote:
Lord of the bible is the best if He is a true God. However many people attribute Him with the wrong attributions such as God belongs to the son, God regretted, God fought with Moses, and soon.

There aren't any true gods.
Man has created all of them in his fear of death.

The true God is the One who created the Big Bang.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:48:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 4:41:50 AM, Bendido wrote:
Experience is a Good Teacher; but the Lord of the Bible is the Best!

http://www.elisoriano.com...

I salute the noble objectives of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR). In my country, I know of commissioners in the CHR who are impartial and stand by their principles and integrity.They deserve the highest commendation for it is due them.

(Romans 13:7)Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

To be impartial and equitable in the disposition of a case while someone is surrounded by threats and influence peddlers, more so, if these influence peddlers are holding high positions in government is not a very easy task to do.

A person who does not steal can not out rightly be tagged as honest and not a thief. An honest person (and not a thief) is someone who does not steal even when there is a chance to do so. A person who stands in the principles of justice even under pressure is a just person.

I know that this has been the situation of those who handled my petition in the CHR-NCR who decided in favor of me against a government official whom they found out to have violated my human rights. For this and their effort I pray that they may be rewarded by the Almighty.

To give honor and praises to whom they are not due is the highest of folly that a man may commit.

(Proverbs 24:24)He who says to the wicked, " You are innocent, " will be cursed by peoples, abhorred by nations" RSV

(Proverbs 15:5) To respect the person of the wicked is not good, Nor to turn aside the righteous in judgment.ASV

chrdecision_longcopy.jpg

But my appreciation is coupled with pity and sympathy to these people of integrity and courage in serving true justice.

The Commission on Human Rights in my country can not prosecute those they have found to be guilty of violating human rights.The process is for them to recommend the filling of a case against an erring official to the Ombudsman.An Ombudsman, although, regarded as an independent official is appointed by the President.If the office of the Ombudsman will dismiss the petition of a complainant, the toils of the CHR are almost wasted.If the person complained of is appointed by the President; and the Ombudsman is also appointed of the President, can you guess what will happen to the complainant?

Experience is a good teacher; but the Lord of the Bible is the best!

(Job 9:24)The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where,and who is he?

Many countries of the world are plagued with corruption and injustice.Corruption can not emanate from ordinary citizens.They come from corrupt officials and leaders.

(Micah 3:11)Her leaders pronounce judgment for a bribe, Her priests instruct for a price And her prophets divine for money Yet they lean on the LORD saying, "Is not the LORD in our midst? Calamity will not come upon us."NASB

But the true faces of corrupt leaders are hidden from the people because of their earthly wisdom and intelligence.

(Ecclesiastes 8:1)Who is like the wise man? And who knows the interpretation of a thing? A man"s wisdom makes his face shine, and the hardness of his countenance is changed. RSV

But no amount of make-up, wisdom, or hypocrisy can hide the true being of corrupt leaders from someone who knows the wisdom of God in the Bible.Mounting evidences will be easily discerned by the able guidance of the best teacher!

(Proverbs 29:2)When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

Unrest and discontent are symptoms of a prevailing culture of corruption in any government.

(Proverbs 29:2)When the righteous are increased, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man beareth rule, the people sigh.ASV

Sighs and mourning of people will definitely determine the cause of the illness in society.

Although in the religious sector, I have been in media for the last three decades. I have mingled with the best and known personalities in media.I have been a guest in almost all kind of television and radio programs. It was not until now, very recently, that I have known that media men covering some "political developments" were tied like pigs by authorities.I am lucky I was not there.In my opinion, this is another violation of human rights, especially of press people, but I can not advice them to file a case with the Commission on Human Rights because they might experience my good teacher.It certainly will not be a pleasant experience.Our only hope for true justice is in the judgment seat of God.

(Ecclesiastes 12:14)For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Somebody told me, that somebody (maybe a false apostle) who commented ""pinakawalan na sila, hindi sila pinaylan"" ("" they were freed and were not charged"); I heard what he said, "I sympathize with you.I pity you if you do not feel pity for yourself because what you have said must not be said by a person of an expected caliber that others presume you have."To this I say, "No comment."

But the Bible has this to say:

(Jude 1:10)But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.


To our people in media, next time don"t be too close in covering any event, your braveness might bring you to jail.It is good if you would be like Enoch.

(Hebrews 11:5)Enoch walked with God. Then he couldn"t be found, because God took him from this life.NIRV

Sincerely in Christ,

Bro. Eliseo Soriano

Brother Eli

Other Similar Articles:

The Power that Drives Me

The Truth is the Truth " if it is the Whole Truth

The Truth" The Whole Truth" and Nothing but the Truth

Magistrates Employing Deceit and Fraud?

Perfect Justice in God"s Perfect Time

The Lord that I speak for is the only Lord that exists.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:03:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.

Once you have faith in God then what is their to fear?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:18:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 4:41:50 AM, Bendido wrote:
Experience is a Good Teacher; but the Lord of the Bible is the Best!

http://www.elisoriano.com...

I salute the noble objectives of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR). In my country, I know of commissioners in the CHR who are impartial and stand by their principles and integrity.They deserve the highest commendation for it is due them.

What's really hilarious and hypocritical about that resolution is that the network didn't want to put your shows on their programming, so you had a hissy fit and called it a human rights violation. Yet, your own blogs that appear on your website vilify and lie about other people whom you hate and despise yourself, most likely the reason why the network didn't want to air your shows.

The hypocrisy of the CHR's decision is nothing short of a joke for real human rights issues.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 2:07:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 10:03:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.

Once you have faith in God then what is their to fear?

I don't believe that addresses the hypothesis of gods being invented as a coping mechanism for dealing with death. If anything, your thoughts reinforce it.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 2:30:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 4:41:50 AM, Bendido wrote:
Experience is a Good Teacher; but the Lord of the Bible is the Best!

http://www.elisoriano.com...

I salute the noble objectives of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR). In my country, I know of commissioners in the CHR who are impartial and stand by their principles and integrity. They deserve the highest commendation for it is due them.

Upon further thought, I can't help but suspect there was a backroom deal for your resolution. That would explain this scathing, boastful and spiteful blog where all you appear to be doing is rubbing salt into the wound.

Will this totally piss off the media? Oh yeah, big time. Good luck with that. lol.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 3:57:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 2:07:55 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/13/2015 10:03:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.

Once you have faith in God then what is their to fear?

I don't believe that addresses the hypothesis of gods being invented as a coping mechanism for dealing with death. If anything, your thoughts reinforce it.

I don't think it's an invented mechanism for dealing with death, I think it's a very real possibility and death is nothing but the inevitable.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:07:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 3:57:29 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/13/2015 2:07:55 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/13/2015 10:03:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.

Once you have faith in God then what is their to fear?

I don't believe that addresses the hypothesis of gods being invented as a coping mechanism for dealing with death. If anything, your thoughts reinforce it.


I don't think it's an invented mechanism for dealing with death, I think it's a very real possibility and death is nothing but the inevitable.

There are many explanations to compensate for our ignorance, but 'being a very real possibility' is not a good reason to have faith in any particular one even if it does provide a coping mechanism for dealing with death. I could think of many very real possibilities to work around the finality of death. The mitigation these explanations could provide would be hollow without certainty, or at the very least being more probable than other alternatives. Is the Christian god more plausible than all other gods, reincarnation, or nothing at all?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:42:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 4:41:50 AM, Bendido wrote:
Experience is a Good Teacher; but the Lord of the Bible is the Best!

http://www.elisoriano.com...

I salute the noble objectives of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR). In my country, I know of commissioners in the CHR who are impartial and stand by their principles and integrity.They deserve the highest commendation for it is due them.

(Romans 13:7)Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

To be impartial and equitable in the disposition of a case while someone is surrounded by threats and influence peddlers, more so, if these influence peddlers are holding high positions in government is not a very easy task to do.

A person who does not steal can not out rightly be tagged as honest and not a thief. An honest person (and not a thief) is someone who does not steal even when there is a chance to do so. A person who stands in the principles of justice even under pressure is a just person.

I know that this has been the situation of those who handled my petition in the CHR-NCR who decided in favor of me against a government official whom they found out to have violated my human rights. For this and their effort I pray that they may be rewarded by the Almighty.

To give honor and praises to whom they are not due is the highest of folly that a man may commit.

(Proverbs 24:24)He who says to the wicked, " You are innocent, " will be cursed by peoples, abhorred by nations" RSV

(Proverbs 15:5) To respect the person of the wicked is not good, Nor to turn aside the righteous in judgment.ASV

chrdecision_longcopy.jpg

But my appreciation is coupled with pity and sympathy to these people of integrity and courage in serving true justice.

The Commission on Human Rights in my country can not prosecute those they have found to be guilty of violating human rights.The process is for them to recommend the filling of a case against an erring official to the Ombudsman.An Ombudsman, although, regarded as an independent official is appointed by the President.If the office of the Ombudsman will dismiss the petition of a complainant, the toils of the CHR are almost wasted.If the person complained of is appointed by the President; and the Ombudsman is also appointed of the President, can you guess what will happen to the complainant?

Experience is a good teacher; but the Lord of the Bible is the best!

(Job 9:24)The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where,and who is he?

Many countries of the world are plagued with corruption and injustice.Corruption can not emanate from ordinary citizens.They come from corrupt officials and leaders.

(Micah 3:11)Her leaders pronounce judgment for a bribe, Her priests instruct for a price And her prophets divine for money Yet they lean on the LORD saying, "Is not the LORD in our midst? Calamity will not come upon us."NASB

But the true faces of corrupt leaders are hidden from the people because of their earthly wisdom and intelligence.

(Ecclesiastes 8:1)Who is like the wise man? And who knows the interpretation of a thing? A man"s wisdom makes his face shine, and the hardness of his countenance is changed. RSV

But no amount of make-up, wisdom, or hypocrisy can hide the true being of corrupt leaders from someone who knows the wisdom of God in the Bible.Mounting evidences will be easily discerned by the able guidance of the best teacher!

(Proverbs 29:2)When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

Unrest and discontent are symptoms of a prevailing culture of corruption in any government.

(Proverbs 29:2)When the righteous are increased, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man beareth rule, the people sigh.ASV

Sighs and mourning of people will definitely determine the cause of the illness in society.

Although in the religious sector, I have been in media for the last three decades. I have mingled with the best and known personalities in media.I have been a guest in almost all kind of television and radio programs. It was not until now, very recently, that I have known that media men covering some "political developments" were tied like pigs by authorities.I am lucky I was not there.In my opinion, this is another violation of human rights, especially of press people, but I can not advice them to file a case with the Commission on Human Rights because they might experience my good teacher.It certainly will not be a pleasant experience.Our only hope for true justice is in the judgment seat of God.

(Ecclesiastes 12:14)For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Somebody told me, that somebody (maybe a false apostle) who commented ""pinakawalan na sila, hindi sila pinaylan"" ("" they were freed and were not charged"); I heard what he said, "I sympathize with you.I pity you if you do not feel pity for yourself because what you have said must not be said by a person of an expected caliber that others presume you have."To this I say, "No comment."

But the Bible has this to say:

(Jude 1:10)But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.


To our people in media, next time don"t be too close in covering any event, your braveness might bring you to jail.It is good if you would be like Enoch.

(Hebrews 11:5)Enoch walked with God. Then he couldn"t be found, because God took him from this life.NIRV

Sincerely in Christ,

Bro. Eliseo Soriano

Brother Eli

Other Similar Articles:

The Power that Drives Me

The Truth is the Truth " if it is the Whole Truth

The Truth" The Whole Truth" and Nothing but the Truth

Magistrates Employing Deceit and Fraud?

Perfect Justice in God"s Perfect Time

What would God know about human rights?
You can call me Mark if you like.
Pase66
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:41:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.

Well, that really doesn't say anything is there is a God or not.
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 12:39:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/14/2015 1:07:51 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/13/2015 3:57:29 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/13/2015 2:07:55 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/13/2015 10:03:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.

Once you have faith in God then what is their to fear?

I don't believe that addresses the hypothesis of gods being invented as a coping mechanism for dealing with death. If anything, your thoughts reinforce it.


I don't think it's an invented mechanism for dealing with death, I think it's a very real possibility and death is nothing but the inevitable.

There are many explanations to compensate for our ignorance, but 'being a very real possibility' is not a good reason to have faith in any particular one even if it does provide a coping mechanism for dealing with death. I could think of many very real possibilities to work around the finality of death. The mitigation these explanations could provide would be hollow without certainty, or at the very least being more probable than other alternatives. Is the Christian god more plausible than all other gods, reincarnation, or nothing at all?

What are you actually saying? I am not saying I adhere to anything simply because it's a coping mechanism, I am saying I adhere to belief in God because it's a very real possibility. Not because it a coping mechanism in fear of death. You are construing words. And I do think it's more probable than other alternatives, such as there being no God.

Is the Christian God more probable?

There can only be one God, I am not concerned with what book best portrays God, God can only be one, maybe we use different names to address Him, Just like a flower is called by a different name in different languages, the subject matter is the same, God can only be one, God can not be two.

I also believe that there is enough evidence to also consider reincarnation as another probable possibility.

As Carl Sagan said. In his book The Demon Haunted World.

"At the time of writing there are three claims in the ESP field which, in my oppinion, deserve serious study:

(3) that young children sometimes report the details of a previous life, which upon checking turn out to be accurate and which they could not have known about in any other way than reincarnation."

Carl Sagan

Also I have studied the work of Dr Ian Stevenson, Who was the head of the division of perceptual studies and dedicated his life to the subject and carried out over 3000 studies and upon his death became convinced of reincarnation, His work is still being continued in the university of Virginia.

Your point is?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 6:58:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/15/2015 12:39:23 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/14/2015 1:07:51 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/13/2015 3:57:29 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/13/2015 2:07:55 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/13/2015 10:03:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.

Once you have faith in God then what is their to fear?

I don't believe that addresses the hypothesis of gods being invented as a coping mechanism for dealing with death. If anything, your thoughts reinforce it.


I don't think it's an invented mechanism for dealing with death, I think it's a very real possibility and death is nothing but the inevitable.

There are many explanations to compensate for our ignorance, but 'being a very real possibility' is not a good reason to have faith in any particular one even if it does provide a coping mechanism for dealing with death. I could think of many very real possibilities to work around the finality of death. The mitigation these explanations could provide would be hollow without certainty, or at the very least being more probable than other alternatives. Is the Christian god more plausible than all other gods, reincarnation, or nothing at all?

I see you're not a Christian, so the question is probably irrelevant.


What are you actually saying? I am not saying I adhere to anything simply because it's a coping mechanism, I am saying I adhere to belief in God because it's a very real possibility. Not because it a coping mechanism in fear of death. You are construing words. And I do think it's more probable than other alternatives, such as there being no God.

Is the Christian God more probable?

There can only be one God, I am not concerned with what book best portrays God, God can only be one, maybe we use different names to address Him, Just like a flower is called by a different name in different languages, the subject matter is the same, God can only be one, God can not be two.

I might be interested in hearing your definition of god, but in a more appropriate thread and another time.

I also believe that there is enough evidence to also consider reincarnation as another probable possibility.


As Carl Sagan said. In his book The Demon Haunted World.

"At the time of writing there are three claims in the ESP field which, in my oppinion, deserve serious study:

(3) that young children sometimes report the details of a previous life, which upon checking turn out to be accurate and which they could not have known about in any other way than reincarnation."

Carl Sagan

Also I have studied the work of Dr Ian Stevenson, Who was the head of the division of perceptual studies and dedicated his life to the subject and carried out over 3000 studies and upon his death became convinced of reincarnation, His work is still being continued in the university of Virginia.



Your point is?

I only mentioned reincarnation as an alternative explanation to what happens after death, as opposed to the Christian god/afterlife. I fail to see how you believe one is more probable than another. Also, I would not say either is probable. I can go as far as 'possible', and I'll give reincarnation a higher probability.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Bendido
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 9:55:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 4:52:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
compared to what?
LOL
) :) :)

in all creation,man.like you..lol
Bendido
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 10:33:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 7:45:37 AM, uncung wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:34:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/13/2015 5:29:31 AM, uncung wrote:
Lord of the bible is the best if He is a true God. However many people attribute Him with the wrong attributions such as God belongs to the son, God regretted, God fought with Moses, and soon.

There aren't any true gods.
Man has created all of them in his fear of death.

The true God is the One who created the Big Bang.

wrong: big bang is only invented by man and only a theory until now..
Bendido
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 10:36:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.

we need God:
Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Bendido
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 10:42:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 10:03:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.

Once you have faith in God then what is their to fear?

Matthew 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hebrews 10:30-31
30.For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
31.It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Bendido
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 11:06:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/14/2015 1:42:50 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 2/13/2015 4:41:50 AM, Bendido wrote:
Experience is a Good Teacher; but the Lord of the Bible is the Best!

http://www.elisoriano.com...

I salute the noble objectives of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR). In my country, I know of commissioners in the CHR who are impartial and stand by their principles and integrity.They deserve the highest commendation for it is due them.

(Romans 13:7)Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

To be impartial and equitable in the disposition of a case while someone is surrounded by threats and influence peddlers, more so, if these influence peddlers are holding high positions in government is not a very easy task to do.

A person who does not steal can not out rightly be tagged as honest and not a thief. An honest person (and not a thief) is someone who does not steal even when there is a chance to do so. A person who stands in the principles of justice even under pressure is a just person.

I know that this has been the situation of those who handled my petition in the CHR-NCR who decided in favor of me against a government official whom they found out to have violated my human rights. For this and their effort I pray that they may be rewarded by the Almighty.

To give honor and praises to whom they are not due is the highest of folly that a man may commit.

(Proverbs 24:24)He who says to the wicked, " You are innocent, " will be cursed by peoples, abhorred by nations" RSV

(Proverbs 15:5) To respect the person of the wicked is not good, Nor to turn aside the righteous in judgment.ASV

chrdecision_longcopy.jpg

But my appreciation is coupled with pity and sympathy to these people of integrity and courage in serving true justice.

The Commission on Human Rights in my country can not prosecute those they have found to be guilty of violating human rights.The process is for them to recommend the filling of a case against an erring official to the Ombudsman.An Ombudsman, although, regarded as an independent official is appointed by the President.If the office of the Ombudsman will dismiss the petition of a complainant, the toils of the CHR are almost wasted.If the person complained of is appointed by the President; and the Ombudsman is also appointed of the President, can you guess what will happen to the complainant?

Experience is a good teacher; but the Lord of the Bible is the best!

(Job 9:24)The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where,and who is he?

Many countries of the world are plagued with corruption and injustice.Corruption can not emanate from ordinary citizens.They come from corrupt officials and leaders.

(Micah 3:11)Her leaders pronounce judgment for a bribe, Her priests instruct for a price And her prophets divine for money Yet they lean on the LORD saying, "Is not the LORD in our midst? Calamity will not come upon us."NASB

But the true faces of corrupt leaders are hidden from the people because of their earthly wisdom and intelligence.

(Ecclesiastes 8:1)Who is like the wise man? And who knows the interpretation of a thing? A man"s wisdom makes his face shine, and the hardness of his countenance is changed. RSV

But no amount of make-up, wisdom, or hypocrisy can hide the true being of corrupt leaders from someone who knows the wisdom of God in the Bible.Mounting evidences will be easily discerned by the able guidance of the best teacher!

(Proverbs 29:2)When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

Unrest and discontent are symptoms of a prevailing culture of corruption in any government.

(Proverbs 29:2)When the righteous are increased, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man beareth rule, the people sigh.ASV

Sighs and mourning of people will definitely determine the cause of the illness in society.

Although in the religious sector, I have been in media for the last three decades. I have mingled with the best and known personalities in media.I have been a guest in almost all kind of television and radio programs. It was not until now, very recently, that I have known that media men covering some "political developments" were tied like pigs by authorities.I am lucky I was not there.In my opinion, this is another violation of human rights, especially of press people, but I can not advice them to file a case with the Commission on Human Rights because they might experience my good teacher.It certainly will not be a pleasant experience.Our only hope for true justice is in the judgment seat of God.

(Ecclesiastes 12:14)For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Somebody told me, that somebody (maybe a false apostle) who commented ""pinakawalan na sila, hindi sila pinaylan"" ("" they were freed and were not charged"); I heard what he said, "I sympathize with you.I pity you if you do not feel pity for yourself because what you have said must not be said by a person of an expected caliber that others presume you have."To this I say, "No comment."

But the Bible has this to say:

(Jude 1:10)But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.


To our people in media, next time don"t be too close in covering any event, your braveness might bring you to jail.It is good if you would be like Enoch.

(Hebrews 11:5)Enoch walked with God. Then he couldn"t be found, because God took him from this life.NIRV

Sincerely in Christ,

Bro. Eliseo Soriano

Brother Eli

Other Similar Articles:

The Power that Drives Me

The Truth is the Truth " if it is the Whole Truth

The Truth" The Whole Truth" and Nothing but the Truth

Magistrates Employing Deceit and Fraud?

Perfect Justice in God"s Perfect Time

What would God know about human rights?


1 Peter 2:13
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 11:08:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:34:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/13/2015 5:29:31 AM, uncung wrote:
Lord of the bible is the best if He is a true God. However many people attribute Him with the wrong attributions such as God belongs to the son, God regretted, God fought with Moses, and soon.

There aren't any true gods.
Man has created all of them in his fear of death.

No offense, but you must be truly terrified of death in order to conceive that so many others are. I mean, liars tend to think everyone lies. Thieves don't trust anyone not to steal. People project their own feelings upon those around them. :-/
Bendido
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 11:22:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/15/2015 11:08:18 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:34:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/13/2015 5:29:31 AM, uncung wrote:
Lord of the bible is the best if He is a true God. However many people attribute Him with the wrong attributions such as God belongs to the son, God regretted, God fought with Moses, and soon.

There aren't any true gods.
Man has created all of them in his fear of death.

No offense, but you must be truly terrified of death in order to conceive that so many others are. I mean, liars tend to think everyone lies. Thieves don't trust anyone not to steal. People project their own feelings upon those around them. :-/

the true christians not fear to death, why?

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Romans 14:8
For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
Bendido
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 11:34:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/14/2015 3:41:14 PM, Pase66 wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.

Well, that really doesn't say anything is there is a God or not.

belive it or not there is a God:

Romans 1:19-21
19.Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20.For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21.Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Bendido
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 11:41:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/15/2015 6:58:43 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/15/2015 12:39:23 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/14/2015 1:07:51 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/13/2015 3:57:29 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/13/2015 2:07:55 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/13/2015 10:03:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:35:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Once you don't fear death, you don't need a god.

Once you have faith in God then what is their to fear?

I don't believe that addresses the hypothesis of gods being invented as a coping mechanism for dealing with death. If anything, your thoughts reinforce it.


I don't think it's an invented mechanism for dealing with death, I think it's a very real possibility and death is nothing but the inevitable.

There are many explanations to compensate for our ignorance, but 'being a very real possibility' is not a good reason to have faith in any particular one even if it does provide a coping mechanism for dealing with death. I could think of many very real possibilities to work around the finality of death. The mitigation these explanations could provide would be hollow without certainty, or at the very least being more probable than other alternatives. Is the Christian god more plausible than all other gods, reincarnation, or nothing at all?

I see you're not a Christian, so the question is probably irrelevant.


What are you actually saying? I am not saying I adhere to anything simply because it's a coping mechanism, I am saying I adhere to belief in God because it's a very real possibility. Not because it a coping mechanism in fear of death. You are construing words. And I do think it's more probable than other alternatives, such as there being no God.

Is the Christian God more probable?

There can only be one God, I am not concerned with what book best portrays God, God can only be one, maybe we use different names to address Him, Just like a flower is called by a different name in different languages, the subject matter is the same, God can only be one, God can not be two.

I might be interested in hearing your definition of god, but in a more appropriate thread and another time.

I also believe that there is enough evidence to also consider reincarnation as another probable possibility.


As Carl Sagan said. In his book The Demon Haunted World.

"At the time of writing there are three claims in the ESP field which, in my oppinion, deserve serious study:

(3) that young children sometimes report the details of a previous life, which upon checking turn out to be accurate and which they could not have known about in any other way than reincarnation."

Carl Sagan

Also I have studied the work of Dr Ian Stevenson, Who was the head of the division of perceptual studies and dedicated his life to the subject and carried out over 3000 studies and upon his death became convinced of reincarnation, His work is still being continued in the university of Virginia.



Your point is?

I only mentioned reincarnation as an alternative explanation to what happens after death, as opposed to the Christian god/afterlife. I fail to see how you believe one is more probable than another. Also, I would not say either is probable. I can go as far as 'possible', and I'll give reincarnation a higher probability.

the true explanation "life after death" the example what happen to our lord Jesus Christ

Acts 2:31-32

31.He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32."This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 11:43:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/15/2015 11:22:57 PM, Bendido wrote:
At 2/15/2015 11:08:18 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:34:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/13/2015 5:29:31 AM, uncung wrote:
Lord of the bible is the best if He is a true God. However many people attribute Him with the wrong attributions such as God belongs to the son, God regretted, God fought with Moses, and soon.

There aren't any true gods.
Man has created all of them in his fear of death.

No offense, but you must be truly terrified of death in order to conceive that so many others are. I mean, liars tend to think everyone lies. Thieves don't trust anyone not to steal. People project their own feelings upon those around them. :-/

the true christians not fear to death, why?

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Romans 14:8
For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Why are you quoting the Bible? Do you believe those passages are true? It seems to me that too many people refuse to put God in a box, but are perfectly content to put him in a book.
Bendido
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 11:58:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/15/2015 11:43:44 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 2/15/2015 11:22:57 PM, Bendido wrote:
At 2/15/2015 11:08:18 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:34:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/13/2015 5:29:31 AM, uncung wrote:
Lord of the bible is the best if He is a true God. However many people attribute Him with the wrong attributions such as God belongs to the son, God regretted, God fought with Moses, and soon.

There aren't any true gods.
Man has created all of them in his fear of death.

No offense, but you must be truly terrified of death in order to conceive that so many others are. I mean, liars tend to think everyone lies. Thieves don't trust anyone not to steal. People project their own feelings upon those around them. :-/

the true christians not fear to death, why?

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Romans 14:8
For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Why are you quoting the Bible? Do you believe those passages are true? It seems to me that too many people refuse to put God in a box, but are perfectly content to put him in a book.

the words of God only true...i believe words of God "eternal life"

John 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.