Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Evolution is literally a miracle

PolyCarp
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO
"Perhaps the atheist cannot find God for the same reason the thief cannot find a policeman"

--G.K Chesterton
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:05:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

and you sure about the time that takes for human evolution? you can qoute any scientist saying that? or perhaps Richard Dawkins himslef? if he says that it would be something...
Never fart near dog
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:11:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

How about provide some evidence, maybe reference some papers or sites where you obtained your "biological" information? Otherwise your argument is hearsay.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
PolyCarp
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:12:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 7:11:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

How about provide some evidence, maybe reference some papers or sites where you obtained your "biological" information? Otherwise your argument is hearsay.

How about use Google?
"Perhaps the atheist cannot find God for the same reason the thief cannot find a policeman"

--G.K Chesterton
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:13:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 7:12:22 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:11:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

How about provide some evidence, maybe reference some papers or sites where you obtained your "biological" information? Otherwise your argument is hearsay.

How about use Google?

It's your argument. Show some proof or it's a joke.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
PolyCarp
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:16:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 7:13:13 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:12:22 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:11:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

How about provide some evidence, maybe reference some papers or sites where you obtained your "biological" information? Otherwise your argument is hearsay.

How about use Google?

It's your argument. Show some proof or it's a joke.

http://www.reasonablefaith.org....

That was difficult, wasn't it, I mean it's not like most of the information was in my post for easy access. It's also not like atheists to never cite anything they say on this forum.
"Perhaps the atheist cannot find God for the same reason the thief cannot find a policeman"

--G.K Chesterton
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:24:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 7:16:12 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:13:13 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:12:22 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:11:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

How about provide some evidence, maybe reference some papers or sites where you obtained your "biological" information? Otherwise your argument is hearsay.

How about use Google?

It's your argument. Show some proof or it's a joke.

http://www.reasonablefaith.org....

That was difficult, wasn't it, I mean it's not like most of the information was in my post for easy access. It's also not like atheists to never cite anything they say on this forum.

Less than 10 forum posts? Who are you?

I'll provide you with some REAL scientific data from biologists on evolution. I can't accept a faith based website as credible.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:25:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Isn't it wonderful that the teachers let the kindy kids use the computers? I think they need a higher level of control though.
But I do love to see kiddies attempting to communicate.
It's cute.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
PolyCarp
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:30:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 7:24:00 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:16:12 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:13:13 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:12:22 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:11:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

How about provide some evidence, maybe reference some papers or sites where you obtained your "biological" information? Otherwise your argument is hearsay.

How about use Google?

It's your argument. Show some proof or it's a joke.

http://www.reasonablefaith.org....

That was difficult, wasn't it, I mean it's not like most of the information was in my post for easy access. It's also not like atheists to never cite anything they say on this forum.

Less than 10 forum posts? Who are you?

I can't accept a faith based website as credible.

Genetic fallacy, the paper was not published by the website, but by a peer reviewed scientific magazine. Did you make an attempt at looking at it?
"Perhaps the atheist cannot find God for the same reason the thief cannot find a policeman"

--G.K Chesterton
dee-em
Posts: 6,473
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:32:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Thanks. That's the best laugh I've had today. Please carry on.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:04:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Which biologists, creationists by any chance? Certainly not mainstream ones.

I reckon if and when science comes up with the definitive answer, no deity will have been involved.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:29:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

There's absolutely no proof that the God I speak for is real. In fact, no one can see His voice that He created me to be. All you can do is hear Him speak to you but only if you're chosen to hear Him.

Mark 13:
20: And if the Lord had not shortened the days, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days.

Psalm 22:
25: From thee comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will pay before those who fear him.
26: The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live for ever!
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
28: For dominion belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.
30: Posterity shall serve him; men shall tell of the Lord to the coming generation,
31: and proclaim his deliverance to a people yet unborn, that he has wrought it.

I'm one of the chosen men who is here to tell of God's salvation plan for ALL His people, even for those who aren't born yet.
dee-em
Posts: 6,473
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:43:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 8:04:53 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Which biologists, creationists by any chance? Certainly not mainstream ones.

I reckon if and when science comes up with the definitive answer, no deity will have been involved.

Don't waste your time. He's a troll. This was probably bait for bulproof.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:45:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 8:43:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/13/2015 8:04:53 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Which biologists, creationists by any chance? Certainly not mainstream ones.

I reckon if and when science comes up with the definitive answer, no deity will have been involved.

Don't waste your time. He's a troll. This was probably bait for bulproof.

Fear comes from the lack of knowledge. Why don't you ask Polycarp who he or she is and then listen to his or her story?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,741
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:58:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Response: Considering that evolution is false, that alone says it would take a miracle for it to be true. So it is only a matter of time that biologists would come forward and admit so.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:16:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 7:16:12 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:13:13 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:12:22 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:11:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

How about provide some evidence, maybe reference some papers or sites where you obtained your "biological" information? Otherwise your argument is hearsay.

How about use Google?

It's your argument. Show some proof or it's a joke.

http://www.reasonablefaith.org....

That was difficult, wasn't it, I mean it's not like most of the information was in my post for easy access. It's also not like atheists to never cite anything they say on this forum.

So, you give us the website of Bill Craig, well known liar extraordinaire. Well done.

Bill Craig does not speak for "Biologists" because he is not a biologist, he is a Christian apologetic. We can therefore conclude this thread is little more than religious propaganda and lies.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:19:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think this kid is VenomFangX from youtube. He was constantly posting the same kind of junk, got banned, came back to do the same old creationist garbage.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:11:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 7:12:22 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
At 2/13/2015 7:11:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

How about provide some evidence, maybe reference some papers or sites where you obtained your "biological" information? Otherwise your argument is hearsay.

How about use Google?

How about if YOU support the claims YOU make? You don't make an assertion and then tell everyone to go find your assertion to be true. If YOU make the assertion, YOU have to back it up. So let's see it.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:13:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 8:45:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/13/2015 8:43:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/13/2015 8:04:53 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Which biologists, creationists by any chance? Certainly not mainstream ones.

I reckon if and when science comes up with the definitive answer, no deity will have been involved.

Don't waste your time. He's a troll. This was probably bait for bulproof.

Fear comes from the lack of knowledge. Why don't you ask Polycarp who he or she is and then listen to his or her story?

Who's afraid?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:16:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 10:13:53 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/13/2015 8:45:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/13/2015 8:43:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/13/2015 8:04:53 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Which biologists, creationists by any chance? Certainly not mainstream ones.

I reckon if and when science comes up with the definitive answer, no deity will have been involved.

Don't waste your time. He's a troll. This was probably bait for bulproof.

Fear comes from the lack of knowledge. Why don't you ask Polycarp who he or she is and then listen to his or her story?

Who's afraid?

Anyone who calls someone a troll is in fear of the troll. A troll could be a very nice person who is trying to get your attention and tell you something that may be important to you.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 11:09:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Humans are 98% DNA matched with chimpanzees. Chimps lived around 6-7 million years ago. It only took chimps a few million years to reach 98% of human likeness. Modern humans have been around for about 200 ,000 years. That is also how long it took for humans to drop a pair of chromosomes. But we are still primate apes nevertheless.
What is a miracle requiring divine intervention is the bible. It is only 4000 years old. The Jews created the God of the bible long after the world was in existence. The Jews were also a late civilization arriving thousands of years after the Egyptians, Mesopotamians , India and China. That is why the God of the bible is so backward and portrayed as a bumbling genocidal maniac.
But Christians are not that further ahead. They came after the Jews and tried to build on the ruins of Jewish depravity and its demise. Is it any wonder miracles play such an important role in Christian beliefs. That was what the Jews were hoping for (miracles) to propel them to catch up with their advanced neighbours who relied more on science, mathematics and technology. The sciences have prevailed...miracles are associated with the delusions of a Jewish carpenters son who developed messianic ambitions and was put to death for blasphemy.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 11:21:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Learn to detect idiocy when you see it. The claim is that it took too long for humans to develop to be different from other animals. Every species is different from every other species. That's what makes it a specie. And we're not so different from other animals. Some are the largest, some are the fastest, or the smallest, or the most adaptable within their environment, or the most able to hibernate, etc. We happen to be the most intelligent, by our own measure of intelligence. So the entire premise is an absolute fraud.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
LostintheEcho1498
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 11:32:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Idk about this. Sounds fishy to me. You also have to take into account that genetic mutation, while normally gradual over long periods of time, can have rapid evolution. It is simply rare. So even if this idea were true that just means we were a rapid evolution of whatever the animal was at the time.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 11:54:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Antony Flew: There were two factors in particular that were decisive. One was my growing empathy with the insight of Einstein and other noted scientists that there had to be an Intelligence behind the integrated complexity of the physical Universe. The second was my own insight that the integrated complexity of life itself"which is far more complex than the physical Universe"can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source. I believe that the origin of life and reproduction simply cannot be explained from a biological standpoint despite numerous efforts to do so. With every passing year, the more that was discovered about the richness and inherent intelligence of life, the less it seemed likely that a chemical soup could magically generate the genetic code. The difference between life and non-life, it became apparent to me, was ontological and not chemical. The best confirmation of this radical gulf is Richard Dawkins' comical effort to argue in The God Delusion that the origin of life can be attributed to a "lucky chance." If that's the best argument you have, then the game is over. No, I did not hear a Voice. It was the evidence itself that led me to this conclusion.

http://www.strangenotions.com...
PolyCarp
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 4:00:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 11:21:46 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Learn to detect idiocy when you see it.

Name-calling, really? This is what the self-proclaimed rational atheist on this forum replies with when a serious topic for discussion is raised?

The claim is that it took too long for humans to develop to be different from other animals. Every species is different from every other species. That's what makes it a specie. And we're not so different from other animals. Some are the largest, some are the fastest, or the smallest, or the most adaptable within their environment, or the most able to hibernate, etc. We happen to be the most intelligent, by our own measure of intelligence. So the entire premise is an absolute fraud.

We are obviously quite a different animal from other animals. We can walk on two legs, we have equal amounts of chromosomes in male and female. Our cranial capacity is much larger than other animals. All these divergent evolutionary adaptations must have taken forever. But they can't have taken that long. The speed of their development implies intervention.
"Perhaps the atheist cannot find God for the same reason the thief cannot find a policeman"

--G.K Chesterton
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:10:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

When it was believed that the earth was young and humans existed well golly just look at this compelling evidence we were created by intelligent design.

Then comes evolution a process of billions years in the making, of random mutuation and how that which is most suited to the environment has a higher probability of surviving. The trial and error nature of it's process, the suffering, cruelty and waste of it all...........OMG what compelling evidence of intelligent design.

So no, no miracle required as far as evolution goes.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:03:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Someone better tell biologists...
Gentorev
Posts: 2,925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 11:34:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 7:11:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

How about provide some evidence, maybe reference some papers or sites where you obtained your "biological" information? Otherwise your argument is hearsay.

Sorry jodybirdy, mankind was created over a period of six generations of the universe.

Our ancient ancestors expressed the belief that our scientists of today are just beginning to come to terms with, and that is, that following each "Big Bang" there comes the "Big Crunch," when this universe is condensed once again, into the infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity from which it originated. Also, our scientists are just beginning to realise that the universe is eternal.

The universal body, which is the physical manifestation of the invisible energy being that we call God, who is all that exists and is in all that exists.

The age of our present physical universe does not allow the time for all the theories of biogenesis to have occurred. The question that must be asked, is: "How can a universe of mindless matter produce beings with intrinsic ends, self- replication capabilities, and "coded chemistry"? There is no way whatsoever that the world as it has evolved to today, did so in the short 14 billion years since the last BIG BANG.

Only when we come to the realisation that this generation of the universe, has evolved from a series of parental universal bodies that have preceded this one, will science begin to realise the time scale involved in the evolution of man from mindless matter.

According to the ancient cultures, we live in an eternal oscillating universe that expands outward and contracts back to its beginning in space time, a living universal being who is all that exists, and in who, all that is, exists. A living universal being who exists in the two states of visible matter and invisible energy.

"Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non being, and again from non being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence." ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara, or the cycle of manifestation, "The Great Day," which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by "Pralaya," a dark period, which to our finite minds seems as an eternity. "Manvantara," is a creative day as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis, "Pralaya," is the evening that proceeds the next creative day. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis as the "GENERATIONS OF THE UNIVERSE."

The English word "Generation," is translated from the Hebrew "toledoth" which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as "births," or "descendants," such as "These are the generations of Adam," or "these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc. And the "Great Day" in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

A series of worlds following one upon the other,-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.

God who is eternal and who is all that exists and in all that exists is in a constant state of evolution =growth, the godhead that evolves in each generation of the living universe, dies in the next cycle of universal activity as it evolves to be the godhead to that generation of the universal body.

The Alpha and the Omega are the one being from two different positions in time, according to our infantile concept of one directional linear time.

This is the true resurrection in which all from the previous cycle of universal activity, who still have the judgemental war raging within them, are reborn again into the cycles of physical manifestation.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 12:07:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 11:54:31 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Antony Flew: There were two factors in particular that were decisive. One was my growing empathy with the insight of Einstein and other noted scientists that there had to be an Intelligence behind the integrated complexity of the physical Universe.

Not sure where Flew gets that notion, Einstein certainly wasn't very much concerned about any intelligence to the universe. He understood quite well that the "indifferent" physical laws of the universe were the reasons.

Obviously, Flew was sorely misinformed. Putting this as one his main reasons for converting seems rather non-intelligent.

The second was my own insight that the integrated complexity of life itself"which is far more complex than the physical Universe"can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source. I believe that the origin of life and reproduction simply cannot be explained from a biological standpoint despite numerous efforts to do so.

This is quite simply an Argument From Incredulity. Flew doesn't understand it and by means of his "own insight" he dismisses it as invalid. Using a fallacy as his second main reason to convert is disingenuous.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:53:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 6:49:18 AM, PolyCarp wrote:
Biologists estimate that the time taken for humans to develop to be different from other animals would have taken more time than the time the Sun will take to cease to be a main sequence star. Evolution is actually a miracle requiring divine intervention and constitutes actual testable evidence for God. At least in the view of many biologists. What are you thoughts DDO

Evolution is not a miracle. Evolution has scientific explanation for it.

Was human domestication of wolves miraculous? Hardly, as it was done by humans... and the domesticated wolves eventually evolved into dogs, as you can tell by doing a little research.

Evolution requires several things.
1. Life
2. Varying environments
3. Genetic mutation
4. Enough organisms to reproduce

None of the things listed above would require divine intervention.

Perceive, if you will, an atom of a single element.

Then, imagine that atom joining with different elements to form a molecule made of various elements.

Imagine that molecule joining with other molecules to create a chemical.

Imagine that chemical joining with other chemicals to create a chemical reaction.

Imagine that chemical reaction being joined by more chemical reactions.

Imagine the products for one reaction becoming the reactants for another within a specific space. A cycle of energy develops; diffusion forms the foundation for homeostasis.

When the chemical reactions fulfill the 7 characteristics of living organisms, well, you have life from chemical reactions.

None of that requires a deity. The biologists who believe that clearly are narrow-minded fools with confirmation bias.
You can call me Mark if you like.