THE 1 THING IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO Do

Bible-Prophecy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 12:22:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Holy Bible says,
God is not a man, that he should lie; ...( Numbers 23:19 ).
It is impossible for God to lie. ( Hebrews 6:18 ).

Did you ever think nothing was impossible for God?
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 12:42:19 PM
At 2/13/2015 12:22:36 PM, Bible-Prophecy wrote:
The Holy Bible says,

Is it possible for an infinite God that is everlasting to everlasting (Psalms 90:2) to create Himself?
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 12:43:27 PM
The Holy Bible says,

Interesting, all 7 of your posts thus far are in the creation of evangelical threads, no follow up to any posts on any of them from you.

You remind me of the soap box nutters in Hyde Park.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 3:05:29 PM
It would seem to me that God Himself must report to the laws of Logic. It would also mean at the same time that the definition of 'irrational' and 'rational' must fit God. As such, God is rational entity, or at least only able to manifest rational manifestations. This would mean He is also not omnipotent. That does NOT detract from God-hood, in my opinion.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 3:31:43 PM
At 2/13/2015 12:42:19 PM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
The Holy Bible says,

Is it possible for an infinite God that is everlasting to everlasting (Psalms 90:2) to create Himself?

It's doubtful. I do not think the Bible says anything about God creating Himself.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 3:41:40 PM
At 2/13/2015 2:47:48 PM, Proving_a_Negative wrote:
If god is omnipotent, can he make a rock so big he couldn't lift it?

I hate it when people ask this question. This is an impossible question. There is no (yes/no) answer. Its like if I asked you "Have you stopped beating young children every day?". If you say yes then that means you used to beat young children every day. If you say no then that means you continue to beat young children every day. Its just a stupid question because there is no answer.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 4:08:16 PM
At 2/13/2015 3:41:40 PM, Rubikx wrote:

I hate it when people ask this question.

I don't. It betrays a certain mentality and clues me in to avoid much conversation with the person lest some of it rubs off.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 6:17:05 PM
The Holy Bible says,

Did you ever think that just because something is in the bible doesn't mean it's true ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:53:42 PM

God can do anything He wants with his illusions that aren't real. He only made His people believe that big rocks are heavy. Ask a deep thinking quantum physicist how heavy a big rock is.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:57:55 PM
At 2/13/2015 3:31:43 PM, annanicole wrote:
The Holy Bible says,

It's doubtful. I do not think the Bible says anything about God creating Himself.

The Bible doesn't speak, Anna. I was given a Bible almost 47 years ago when I was confirmed in a Lutheran church and I never once heard my Bible speak. However, as I read the Bible for the first time 16 years later, I realized that I didn't understand anything that was written in it, although it was a fascinating book to read.

Now that I've been testifying to the invisible Word of God, I know where all the original testimonies of the rest of God's saints and prophets came from.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:04:57 PM
At 2/13/2015 8:57:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:
The Holy Bible says,

The Bible doesn't speak, Anna. I was given a Bible almost 47 years ago when I was confirmed in a Lutheran church and I never once heard my Bible speak.

No, but you sure heard some voices in your own head after you wet-brained yourself and developed schizophrenia.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:08:38 PM
At 2/13/2015 9:04:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
The Holy Bible says,

The Bible doesn't speak, Anna. I was given a Bible almost 47 years ago when I was confirmed in a Lutheran church and I never once heard my Bible speak.

No, but you sure heard some voices in your own head after you wet-brained yourself and developed schizophrenia.

The first time I heard our Creator speak was on December 7th, 1979. He said this, "I AM YOUR CREATOR". Every time He came into my mind after that day to give me commands to obey, I knew Him instantly. Now I've been testifying to His knowledge and learned that I am the Word of the Lord. If you want to learn anything about His Eternal Plan, let me know.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:12:02 PM
The Holy Bible says,

It is possible that God chooses to not be able to lie, then chooses to be able to lie. The only thing that restricts god, is the choices he makes or undoes. The bible is a snapshot in time, from the perspective of people.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:15:14 PM
At 2/13/2015 3:05:29 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
It would seem to me that God Himself must report to the laws of Logic. It would also mean at the same time that the definition of 'irrational' and 'rational' must fit God. As such, God is rational entity, or at least only able to manifest rational manifestations. This would mean He is also not omnipotent. That does NOT detract from God-hood, in my opinion.

God is infinitely rational and irrational in both directions. Once you understand the infinite infinities you can get a glimpse of god.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:19:29 PM
At 2/13/2015 9:04:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
The Holy Bible says,

Do you often make fun of schizophrenics? What about the retarded children, and amputees? If you believe he is ill, have some compassion.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:59:07 PM
At 2/13/2015 6:17:05 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
The Holy Bible says,

Did you ever think that just because something is in the bible doesn't mean it's true ?

Few things amuse me more then theists who claim that God cannot lie... because God said so.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 10:15:55 PM
At 2/13/2015 9:15:14 PM, drpiek wrote:

God is infinitely rational and irrational in both directions. Once you understand the infinite infinities you can get a glimpse of god.

Philosophical mumbo jumbo. Rather than try and fit God into your mold of omnipotent, why not just change your definition of omnipotent? That would be seemingly more appropriate.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 7:13:17 AM
At 2/13/2015 10:15:55 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Philosophical mumbo jumbo. Rather than try and fit God into your mold of omnipotent, why not just change your definition of omnipotent? That would be seemingly more appropriate.

Omnipotent simply means all power. So god has the sum of all power that can be had. The ability to be rational and irrational. Do you believe paradoxes exist? Humans can be both rational and irrational. Your assumption that God must follow the laws of logic created by man is where you fall short because you try to limit god to one way. Your view is the mumbo jumbo.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 7:20:55 AM
At 2/14/2015 7:13:17 AM, drpiek wrote:

Omnipotent simply means all power. So god has the sum of all power that can be had. The ability to be rational and irrational. Do you believe paradoxes exist? Humans can be both rational and irrational.

As a matter of reaction to reality, in emotional state a human can be both those at any given time. Second, 'omnipotent' does not simply mean 'all pwer' or 'the sum of all power' as that would be a limit. Omnipotence as described has no limits, which is an irrational prospect to try and give a rational being.

Your assumption that God must follow the laws of logic created by man is where you fall short because you try to limit god to one way. Your view is the mumbo jumbo.

Laws of Logic aren't created by man. Man uses logic to describe and predict based on past experience and results of situations. If God is not limited to the rational, that makes Him an irrational being. I am not referring to emotional states, I am referring to what exists in reality. Thus fair, we have seen no irrational entities or states in the physical world (reality).
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 7:31:30 AM
The Holy Bible says,

But he did advise another to make Ahab's prophets lie for him in order to deceive Ahab to go and get killed at Ramoth. See 2nd Chronicles 18: 18-22.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 7:37:10 AM
The Holy Bible says,

I doubt the nasty deity featured in the Bible actually exists, there is no evidence to support its existence.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 7:41:06 AM
At 2/14/2015 7:20:55 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Omnipotent simply means all power. So god has the sum of all power that can be had. The ability to be rational and irrational. Do you believe paradoxes exist? Humans can be both rational and irrational.

As a matter of reaction to reality, in emotional state a human can be both those at any given time. Second, 'omnipotent' does not simply mean 'all pwer' or 'the sum of all power' as that would be a limit. Omnipotence as described has no limits, which is an irrational prospect to try and give a rational being.

Maybe you should look up Omnipotent.

Your assumption that God must follow the laws of logic created by man is where you fall short because you try to limit god to one way. Your view is the mumbo jumbo.

Laws of Logic aren't created by man. Man uses logic to describe and predict based on past experience and results of situations. If God is not limited to the rational, that makes Him an irrational being. I am not referring to emotional states, I am referring to what exists in reality. Thus fair, we have seen no irrational entities or states in the physical world (reality).

So who created "The Laws of Logic"? Can you define this law? Do you find quantum physics to be rational and logical? If so you should enter that field because most scientists are mystified by the strangeness of the quantum world.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 7:43:08 AM
At 2/14/2015 7:41:06 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/14/2015 7:20:55 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Maybe you should look up Omnipotent.

So who created "The Laws of Logic"? Can you define this law? Do you find quantum physics to be rational and logical? If so you should enter that field because most scientists are mystified by the strangeness of the quantum world.

There is nothing logical about the crazy things attributed to the unpleasant Biblical deity!
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:20:55 AM

I hate it when people ask this question. This is an impossible question. There is no (yes/no) answer. Its like if I asked you "Have you stopped beating young children every day?". If you say yes then that means you used to beat young children every day. If you say no then that means you continue to beat young children every day. Its just a stupid question because there is no answer.

There is nothing stupid about the question, and there is a very clear very simple answer... No.

People claim that god can do anything, this question places anyone who makes this claim into a dilemma; they must either retract their claim and realize that even God has limitations, or they must abandon the laws of logic which makes their claim by definition irrational and incoherent.

In light of this, nearly all theologians have accepted that the definition of omnipotence is not the ability to do anything, but rather the ability to do anything logically possible. This is a big step in our efforts to advance the discussion, which many theists fight kick and scream to avoid.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:22:08 AM
At 2/13/2015 4:08:16 PM, annanicole wrote:

I don't. It betrays a certain mentality and clues me in to avoid much conversation with the person lest some of it rubs off.

Lest some of what rubs off?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:23:10 AM
At 2/14/2015 10:22:08 AM, Double_R wrote:

Stupidity
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:25:19 AM
At 2/14/2015 10:23:10 AM, annanicole wrote:

Stupidity

The stupidity of forcing someone to acknowledge the laws of logic?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:36:09 AM
At 2/14/2015 10:25:19 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 2/14/2015 10:23:10 AM, annanicole wrote:

Stupidity

The stupidity of forcing someone to acknowledge the laws of logic?

Laws of logic? It's a stupid question because it is based upon a false premise: that God somehow violates his own laws. Look at the attempt to explain it:

(1) People claim that God can do anything
(2) The Bible plainly says, for instance, that God cannot lie.
(3) WTF
ChrisL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:44:23 AM

This is an annoying question. The answer is very simple.

God cannot create a rock too heave for him to lift because the concept of such a rock is illogical. God is a logical being (in fact the reason we think logically is because we where created in his image. He is the basis for logic). So the idea would not be concievable to him. The only reason we can come up with such a notion is because of the our fallen nature.

Now, you may want to do a victory dance and say "so God is not all powerful then". But if your demanding that God has to be able to do the logically impossible in order to be omnipotent then I can simply say to you, "ok than, God CAN make a rock too heavey for him to lift. If you want him to be able to defy the laws of logic, then he can defy the law of non-contradiction as well.

Locally impossibilities are conceptual fallicies. They do not truly exist. Just as there is no such thing as a married bachorl, there is also no such thing as a rock too heavey for God to lift.

Now that the question has been refuted, pls be intellectually honest and stop using it.