Jump to topic:

What are your different veiws?

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 9:42:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
What happens if someone dennies the existance of God, but does everything right. Like volunteer, don't live a "bad" life, don't hurt others, sincerely regret the mistakes they make in their life and try to do better.
Do they burn for just not believing, or is doing the right thing what God is concerned about. Its easy for believers to want to to avoid to consequence, but does it way in that atheists, do it just because its right (even the things that are not illegal)?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 9:47:47 PM
At 7/8/2010 9:42:13 PM, lovelife wrote:
What happens if someone dennies the existance of God, but does everything right. Like volunteer, don't live a "bad" life, don't hurt others, sincerely regret the mistakes they make in their life and try to do better.
Do they burn for just not believing, or is doing the right thing what God is concerned about. Its easy for believers to want to to avoid to consequence, but does it way in that atheists, do it just because its right (even the things that are not illegal)?

I don't know if I'm allowed to answer this since I'm an atheist but I wanted to throw in a little story of when I lived in Germany.

I was walking past a cathedral and a priest was on the steps, trying to encourage people to come in for "salvation".

He asked me to come in and I politely declined with a, "Sorry, I can't. But thank you."
He then replied, "Are you an atheist then?"

Shocked but not ashamed, I replied, "Yes."
and he said, "You do know that all non-believers enter Hell not Heaven."

I asked, "All atheists?" and he said, "But of course." and went inside.

So I wanted to say...WTF?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 9:47:51 PM
Jesus: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one gets to the Father except through me."

Rejecting Christ is the worst sin.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 9:53:06 PM
At 7/8/2010 9:47:47 PM, annhasle wrote:

I don't know if I'm allowed to answer this since I'm an atheist but I wanted to throw in a little story of when I lived in Germany.

Never said atheists couldn't post, just wanted different oppinions.

I was walking past a cathedral and a priest was on the steps, trying to encourage people to come in for "salvation".

He asked me to come in and I politely declined with a, "Sorry, I can't. But thank you."
He then replied, "Are you an atheist then?"

Shocked but not ashamed, I replied, "Yes."
and he said, "You do know that all non-believers enter Hell not Heaven."

I asked, "All atheists?" and he said, "But of course." and went inside.

So I wanted to say...WTF?

Wow thats gay. Even for a catholic preist. Yeah, I know remember why I knew I couldn't try and make myself accept it anymore. Too much threatening to show the "loving" part people try to preach so much
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 9:55:19 PM
At 7/8/2010 9:47:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Jesus: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one gets to the Father except through me."

True. Worse than raping little altar boys even.
President of DDO
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 9:56:38 PM
At 7/8/2010 9:55:19 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Ah, but if you confess to raping little altar boys; you are forgiven. So really, its's not that bad. -_-
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 9:57:50 PM

Religion: Other

What are you then?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 9:58:36 PM
At 7/8/2010 9:56:38 PM, annhasle wrote:

Ah, but if you confess to raping little altar boys; you are forgiven. So really, its's not that bad. -_-

If you confess to not accepting Jesus are you then not forgiven? Or is it the Alter Boys don't matter as much as his ego?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 10:01:00 PM
At 7/8/2010 9:57:50 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Religion: Other

What are you then?

Made my own, tho its more philosophy than religion. I threw in deities to make it easier for some ppl to grasp but its mostly to have a name for a face. Not sure on what I'm calling it, no ones suggested anything that sounds right yet
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 10:01:50 PM
At 7/8/2010 9:57:50 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

What are you then?

I am a human working under the firefox goddess (peace)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 10:01:50 PM
At 7/8/2010 9:58:36 PM, lovelife wrote:

If you confess to not accepting Jesus are you then not forgiven? Or is it the Alter Boys don't matter as much as his ego?

You can't really confess to something you don't believe in...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 10:05:35 PM
At 7/8/2010 10:01:50 PM, annhasle wrote:

Don't confess to him, confess to yourself to others. just basically saying "You know what, I really don't believe this" is a confession. If God is there then he is everything thus the confession would go to him, whether meant to or not.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 10:12:47 PM
At 7/8/2010 10:05:35 PM, lovelife wrote:

Don't confess to him, confess to yourself to others. just basically saying "You know what, I really don't believe this" is a confession. If God is there then he is everything thus the confession would go to him, whether meant to or not.

As being an atheist, I am not scared of "eternal damnation" since I don't believe it to be there and really has no effect on my life at all. When I die, nothing happens. And I fully accept that.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 10:20:01 PM
At 7/8/2010 10:12:47 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/8/2010 10:05:35 PM, lovelife wrote:

As being an atheist, I am not scared of "eternal damnation" since I don't believe it to be there and really has no effect on my life at all. When I die, nothing happens. And I fully accept that.

Lol I understand that and agree. look at it as tho you were christian tho (to answer the questions)