Jump to topic:

Into Eternity

Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:06:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Everyone wants to have nice things; clothes, a house to call home, a decent enough car and friends that stand with you and never leave you. We seek a mate for love and affection"to be tied to one that will never defeat us in any manner. And if we look at all these things, we would agree they are great things to have, great things to seek out, the path to prosperity and success. Would you agree with this?
Among other things, everyone would like to live forever and never taste death and that would include disease or pestilence, hunger or famine; that everything would be in the correct place and sufficient for an entire lifetime, right?
Having said that, who would want to burn to death, or be torn asunder all the time? No one...right?
Then explain to me, why the vast majority of humanity chooses NOT to follow Jesus Christ? Why would they choose to go to hell and then into the lake of fire?
No one in his or her "right mind" enjoys losing a loved one and yet we all know if you are born, one day you will die. Its one of the "gimmie"s" in life. So now, I hear from non-believers, they ask the question, "If God is such a wonderful and loving God, why does he allow all the bad stuff to happen?"
Matthew 5:45: "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."
As Bible students, we see there is a definite difference in the ones this verse is talking to: The evil and the good, the just and the unjust. And we are able to see this as being fair to all involved, yet divided none-the-less.
Corinthians 15:44: "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."
Again we see, that there is a difference stated here; one is a natural, physical body (what you are in right now). Then there is a spiritual body which is also in you and is very much alive as your physical body. One (the physical body) can die, but the (spiritual body) never dies and returns to God.
So now we see that death of the physical body...is NOT the end! It is...the beginning of the eternal life, as God has intended it to be.
NoMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:39:14 PM
At 2/13/2015 7:06:28 PM, Rant wrote:
Everyone wants to have nice things; clothes, a house to call home, a decent enough car and friends that stand with you and never leave you. We seek a mate for love and affection"to be tied to one that will never defeat us in any manner. And if we look at all these things, we would agree they are great things to have, great things to seek out, the path to prosperity and success. Would you agree with this?
Among other things, everyone would like to live forever and never taste death and that would include disease or pestilence, hunger or famine; that everything would be in the correct place and sufficient for an entire lifetime, right?
Having said that, who would want to burn to death, or be torn asunder all the time? No one...right?
Then explain to me, why the vast majority of humanity chooses NOT to follow Jesus Christ? Why would they choose to go to hell and then into the lake of fire?
No one in his or her "right mind" enjoys losing a loved one and yet we all know if you are born, one day you will die. Its one of the "gimmie"s" in life. So now, I hear from non-believers, they ask the question, "If God is such a wonderful and loving God, why does he allow all the bad stuff to happen?"
Matthew 5:45: "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."
As Bible students, we see there is a definite difference in the ones this verse is talking to: The evil and the good, the just and the unjust. And we are able to see this as being fair to all involved, yet divided none-the-less.
Corinthians 15:44: "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."
Again we see, that there is a difference stated here; one is a natural, physical body (what you are in right now). Then there is a spiritual body which is also in you and is very much alive as your physical body. One (the physical body) can die, but the (spiritual body) never dies and returns to God.
So now we see that death of the physical body...is NOT the end! It is...the beginning of the eternal life, as God has intended it to be.
It would be nice if only it was true. Death is the price we pay for life. There is no escape from this cold hard fact. I think we should grow up a bit, put away our fairytale stories, and face reality like adults.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:28:05 PM
At 2/13/2015 7:06:28 PM, Rant wrote:

No man can choose to go anywhere. God is the one who created life and made all the decisions for His people;

John 15
16: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

II Thesalonians 2:
13: But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.
14: To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I Corinthians 1
27: but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong,
28: God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,
29: so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

James 2:
5: Listen, my beloved brethren. Has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which he has promised to those who love him?

Mark 13:
20: And if the Lord had not shortened the days, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days.

I Peter 1
1: Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappado'cia, Asia, and Bithyn'ia,
2: chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.

Psalm 33:
12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!

Revelation 17:
13: These are of one mind and give over their power and authority to the beast;
14: they will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful."

Romans 11:
3: "Lord, they have killed thy prophets, they have demolished thy altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life."
4: But what is God's reply to him? "I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Ba'al."
5: So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.
6: But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
7: What then? Israel failed to obtain what it sought. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened,
8: as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that should not see and ears that should not hear, down to this very day."

Romans 11
9: But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, that you may declare the wonderful deeds of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Psalm 116
16. Precious in the sight of thy Lord is the death of his saints.

Us chosen saints and most prophets are killed for our testimonies of the word of the Lord.

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 6:19:17 AM
At 2/14/2015 5:51:53 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I certainly don't wish to live forever, when I die I wish to cease to be.

Your wish is granted. :-)