Jump to topic:

Why Judge God with Hypotheticals?

EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:49:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
IMO I would never base my beliefs or thinking on hypotheticals alone, they are not reality and if you're not careful they can cause unwarranted anger and resentment because you are judging God based on something you do not know as a fact but solely on emotion.
Don't judge God based on your emotions and frail Human perceptions, we don't always see the big picture and in many ways we can only see what is on the surface, it is what's beneath the surface that matters and sometimes we need to get beyond the surface to see clearly.
I've had to dig deeper to understand deeper things because understanding can have many layers, deep calls unto deep.

One can certainly entertain hypotheticals but don't rest your beliefs on them.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:59:23 PM
At 2/13/2015 7:49:54 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
IMO I would never base my beliefs or thinking on hypotheticals alone, they are not reality and if you're not careful they can cause unwarranted anger and resentment because you are judging God based on something you do not know as a fact but solely on emotion.
Don't judge God based on your emotions and frail Human perceptions, we don't always see the big picture and in many ways we can only see what is on the surface, it is what's beneath the surface that matters and sometimes we need to get beyond the surface to see clearly.
I've had to dig deeper to understand deeper things because understanding can have many layers, deep calls unto deep.

then how are we supposed to judge Him?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:14:30 PM

If you are saying our beliefs should not be based assumptions, then I agree. How do you justify your belief that a god exists?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:11:43 PM

Quantum physicists know way more than any Christian has ever known. We saints know more than any quantum physicist knows.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 6:20:33 AM

If the deity featured in the Bible exists, and what is attributed to it is correct, then we can only judge it from our moral standpoint, for which it is responsible if it created us. Therefore the deity falls well short of any acceptable human behaviour, it is morally corrupt!