Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:57:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/13/2015 7:50:09 PM, Bible-Prophecy wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

That may fly for you but not for the opposing party, debate means to discuss opposing views...Theists don't get a free card.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:59:58 PM
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Do you know Jesus?
here are 6 major teachings from him

Matt 6:33-- therefore, keep on seeking FIRST the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness, and all these other things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

Matt 5:5-- blessed are the meek for they( great multitude) will inherit the EARTH.

The Lords prayer--Hallowed be thy( Father) name( Jehovah) --last line--The kingdom, power, and glory all belong to the Father.

Jesus teaches--he has a God-his Father( Jehovah) - John 20:17, Rev 3:12-- so do all his real teachers--2Cor 1:3--1Peter 1:3--Rev 1:6--all in agreement( the true gospel)

John 17:1-6,26--Jesus clearly teaches here--The one who sent him( Father) = THE ONLY TRUE GOD-- verse 6= Jehovah, 26= Jehovah

John 4:22-24-- the hour is coming and the hour is now, The true worshippers will worship the FATHER in spirit and truth, for its the FATHER who is searching for such like ones.

Jesus' real teachings.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:05:58 PM
At 2/13/2015 7:59:58 PM, kjw47 wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Do you know Jesus?

Matt 6:33-- therefore, keep on seeking FIRST the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness, and all these other things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

Matt 5:5-- blessed are the meek for they( great multitude) will inherit the EARTH.

The Lords prayer--Hallowed be thy( Father) name( Jehovah) --last line--The kingdom, power, and glory all belong to the Father.

Jesus teaches--he has a God-his Father( Jehovah) - John 20:17, Rev 3:12-- so do all his real teachers--2Cor 1:3--1Peter 1:3--Rev 1:6--all in agreement( the true gospel)

John 17:1-6,26--Jesus clearly teaches here--The one who sent him( Father) = THE ONLY TRUE GOD-- verse 6= Jehovah, 26= Jehovah

John 4:22-24-- the hour is coming and the hour is now, The true worshippers will worship the FATHER in spirit and truth, for its the FATHER who is searching for such like ones.

Jesus' real teachings.

why do you put jehovah name in the brackets? seems you just invent a new name of your deity, jehovah.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:24:31 PM
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Do you know Jesus?

Jesus' real teachings.

Another of Jesus's teachings: "Jesus answered and said to them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." Jesus taught that, speaking of His body. Thus we see that Jesus Christ, full of the Holy Spirit, stated that His body would be killed - and that same body, albeit in a changed form, would be raised three days later. Does anyone deny that it happened?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:26:56 PM
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Of course, you won't respond because, it seems, your specialty is to start threads and abandon them, but it is ridiculous to say "Jesus said it, so I believe it." Jesus said many things that, while 100% true at the time He said them, are now past events. So it would be futile to quote what Jesus said as if such things now apply to future events.

Example:

"Thy kingdom come" (spoken prior to Pentecost)
But the kingdom CAME ... it existed and exists .. and it came back in AD 33.
Thus, it is flat-out wrong to pray for it to come now.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:42:16 PM
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Enjoy. that means NO ONE!
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:51:21 PM
Is this the new Bulproof?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 9:54:16 PM
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

You forgot: "Because the bible says so".
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 7:39:39 AM
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

You are amusing!
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:06:00 PM
At 2/13/2015 8:05:58 PM, uncung wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Do you know Jesus?

Jesus' real teachings.

why do you put jehovah name in the brackets? seems you just invent a new name of your deity, jehovah.

No invention--YHWH(Jehovah= the only true God--there is no trinity in existence--2 billion are being mislead to break Gods #1 commandment daily.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:11:29 PM
At 2/13/2015 8:42:16 PM, Rant wrote:
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Enjoy. that means NO ONE!

Actually Jesus appointed his faithful and discreet slave( anointed teachers) only these get HS to have truths revealed through them--the other teachers do not--they are disunified( Mark 3:24-26)
It also teaches--Jesus is head of the congregation.
And as well Jesus said of them- per-se-- whatever you do, or dont do to these the least( mortal) of my brothers( anointed)--you do to me-
debate_power
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:41:31 PM
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Yes, that quite settles the debate, but that's a concession...
You can call me Mark if you like.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 6:40:16 PM

No invention--YHWH(Jehovah= the only true God--there is no trinity in existence--2 billion are being mislead to break Gods #1 commandment daily.

wrong, there is no a fit name calling for that tetragrammaton. the name pronunciation was just invented in medieval era. why dont you simply follow the jews the way they call God such as adonai, elohim, or the way your jesus called his God, Elloh?
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 1:56:28 PM
At 2/14/2015 6:40:16 PM, uncung wrote:

wrong, there is no a fit name calling for that tetragrammaton. the name pronunciation was just invented in medieval era. why dont you simply follow the jews the way they call God such as adonai, elohim, or the way your jesus called his God, Elloh?

Adonai--Elohim are not names--Adonai translate lord, a title--Elohim translates more than 1 meaning--gods for false gods--majesty( plural in comparison to a mortal king) used by Moses for the true almighty God-YHWH(Jehovah)--Fact--Moses and every Israelite who ever served the true God-including Jesus all serve(d) YHWH)Jehovah) a single being mono God--fact of Israelite history. The Israelite teachers have been telling the trinity teachers they serve a non existent god for over 1650 years. It is a creation of Catholicism councils--the greeks refused to go to a religion with a single being mono God--they had many Gods-- King Constantine a pagan false god worshipping king had the final say in those councils.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 2:26:18 PM
At 2/13/2015 8:24:31 PM, annanicole wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Do you know Jesus?

Jesus' real teachings.

Another of Jesus's teachings: "Jesus answered and said to them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." Jesus taught that, speaking of His body. Thus we see that Jesus Christ, full of the Holy Spirit, stated that His body would be killed - and that same body, albeit in a changed form, would be raised three days later. Does anyone deny that it happened?

No contemporary history, in writing or any other form. There are four biblical versions and they do not all agree. That provides sufficient reason for me to doubt it happened, not to mention the impossibility of a dead man rising from the grave.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 2:26:47 PM
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Since the bible is a compilation of writings whose original authorship no one can establish, all chosen by (what would ultimately become) the catholic founding clergy, you really have NO IDEA what jesus "said." You have nothing but a bunch of ridiculous claims based on hearsay and conjecture. Thus, you have nothing on which to go, as far as "jesus christ said it."

Nice try, though.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 2:29:20 PM
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Do you know Jesus?

Jesus' real teachings.

Hyperbole, conjecture, and metaphor, recorded NOWHERE outside of the bible, does not make anything in the NT anything other than hearsay. It's all a load of $hit. I deny believing that it happened.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 2:37:51 PM
At 2/16/2015 2:26:47 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Since the bible is a compilation of writings whose original authorship no one can establish,

Don't you mean, "Establish to my satisfaction - and I'm setting some pretty high hurdles"? By your criteria, you can hardly "establish" the "original authorship" of any work prior to about 1500.

all chosen by (what would ultimately become) the catholic founding clergy,

I can establish 90% of what is now the NT canon with or without any future "Catholic founding clergy."

you really have NO IDEA what jesus "said." You have nothing but a bunch of ridiculous claims based on hearsay and conjecture. Thus, you have nothing on which to go, as far as "jesus christ said it."

What does this have to do with a conversation between a Jehovah's Witness and a Christian? You have no idea what Aristotle said or wrote, do you? For all you know, he never lived!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 3:01:15 PM
At 2/16/2015 2:29:20 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Do you know Jesus?

Jesus' real teachings.

Hyperbole, conjecture, and metaphor, recorded NOWHERE outside of the bible, does not make anything in the NT anything other than hearsay. It's all a load of $hit. I deny believing that it happened.

That's your right. Now run along, and we'll continue the conversation we were in before you showed up.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 3:28:39 PM
At 2/16/2015 2:37:51 PM, annanicole wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Since the bible is a compilation of writings whose original authorship no one can establish,

Don't you mean, "Establish to my satisfaction - and I'm setting some pretty high hurdles"? By your criteria, you can hardly "establish" the "original authorship" of any work prior to about 1500.

None of those "works" claim divine authority or dictation... No, I don't mean, "...to my satisfaction." I mean not at all. I don't trust the catholic church, its hierarchy, or anything about it. Since the roman church was the beginning of the bible, the bible is a corrupt weapon of control.

I can establish 90% of what is now the NT canon with or without any future "Catholic founding clergy."

No, you really can't. You have nothing of the original manuscripts.

you really have NO IDEA what jesus "said." You have nothing but a bunch of ridiculous claims based on hearsay and conjecture. Thus, you have nothing on which to go, as far as "jesus christ said it."

What does this have to do with a conversation between a Jehovah's Witness and a Christian? You have no idea what Aristotle said or wrote, do you? For all you know, he never lived!

A JW is just another brand of christian. As for Aristotle, Plato, or any of the original Greek philosophers, none of them claim divine authority in telling everyone A) how they have to live, B) what the "creator of the universe" wants from us, or C) that those that do not obey will be burned alive, forever. The writings of Aristotle and the original classics do not purport divinity. Their works are not used as a weapon -- the most common use for the bible...
-----

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 3:30:46 PM
At 2/16/2015 3:01:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Do you know Jesus?

Jesus' real teachings.

That's your right. Now run along, and we'll continue the conversation we were in before you showed up.

LOL! Condescending trailer trash racist kitteh is condescending...
-----

-- Robert A Heinlein
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 3:37:46 PM
At 2/16/2015 3:28:39 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

None of those "works" claim divine authority or dictation... No, I don't mean, "...to my satisfaction." I mean not at all. I don't trust the catholic church, its hierarchy, or anything about it. Since the roman church was the beginning of the bible, the bible is a corrupt weapon of control.

A JW is just another brand of christian. As for Aristotle, Plato, or any of the original Greek philosophers, none of them claim divine authority in telling everyone A) how they have to live, B) what the "creator of the universe" wants from us, or C) that those that do not obey will be burned alive, forever. The writings of Aristotle and the original classics do not purport divinity. Their works are not used as a weapon -- the most common use for the bible...

You must confused about the matter: I didn't ask the purpose of Aristotle's works. But since you refer to "Aristotle's works and the 'original' classics", we'll just assume that I do not believe that Socrates ever lived or wrote anything. You obviously do.

Offer your proof from contemporary eyewitnesses. That's what you demand of Jesus.
Offer your proof that Socrates was the original author of anything - or ever said anything that we now possess. That's what you demand of the NT writers.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 3:39:23 PM
At 2/16/2015 3:30:46 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Do you know Jesus?

Jesus' real teachings.

Maybe, but I'm "trailer trash" with a doctorate which I'm reasonably sure separates my attainments from yours.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 3:49:11 PM
At 2/16/2015 3:37:46 PM, annanicole wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

You must confused about the matter: I didn't ask the purpose of Aristotle's works. But since you refer to "Aristotle's works and the 'original' classics", we'll just assume that I do not believe that Socrates ever lived or wrote anything. You obviously do.

Yes, I believe the HUMAN known as Aristotle lived, and lived well, as a Greek philosopher.

Offer your proof from contemporary eyewitnesses. That's what you demand of Jesus.

I don't feel the need to prove to you that Aristotle lived. Aristotle is not the basis for the way I live my life, nor do I make any motion to impose such on the lives of others. I don't wag my finger based on the words or thoughts of Aristotle. Christians do do this, based on the "words" of the messiah.

Offer your proof that Socrates was the original author of anything - or ever said anything that we now possess. That's what you demand of the NT writers.

I don't need to. I'm perfectly comfortable with you not believing that any of the classic thinkers existed. I don't feel the need to convince you, or defend their existence. I don't offer "prayers" or "worship" to any of these individuals, and do not believe that their "second coming" will, in any way, impact humanity. I don't claim that any of these people "created" the universe. I don't claim that you are subject to their dominion or owe them any homage. I don't support any legislation based on their edicts, by which I demand that others live. Accept that Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Pythagoras, etc. lived. Don't accept that they lived. I really don't care. Their existence is not near and dear to me. I don't gather with other "believers" of the life of the Classic Thinkers to sing praises to them. I don't attribute any good or bad in my life to their having lived. Deny their existence, all you wish. I am perfectly OK with yet another reason to view you as a foolish little girl...
-----

-- Robert A Heinlein
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 3:52:31 PM
At 2/16/2015 3:49:11 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Yes, I believe the HUMAN known as Aristotle lived, and lived well, as a Greek philosopher.

I don't feel the need to prove to you that Aristotle lived.

Well, do it anyway. I'd love to examine your "proof" - and most especially your "proof" that Socrates ever existed.

I don't need to. I'm perfectly comfortable with you not believing that any of the classic thinkers existed

Then quit referring to Aristotle and the "original classics" if you can't offer any proof - and quit demanding that people spend endless hours "proving" things for you when you can't "prove" sh1t to anyone else. Verily, the legs of the lame are unequal. Typical.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 3:59:41 PM
At 2/16/2015 3:39:23 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/16/2015 3:30:46 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

Do you know Jesus?

Jesus' real teachings.

Maybe, but I'm "trailer trash" with a doctorate which I'm reasonably sure separates my attainments from yours.

Trailer trash with a "doctorate" is still trailer trash. Furthermore, as I recall, your a veterinarian. Neither is it a discipline that is out of my scope of ability to attain. It simply does not interest me enough to pursue. That's not an especially impressive accomplishment. Neither is it critical to our current culture, economy, or way of life. Computer science and electronic engineering, on the other hand (my areas of specialized training) are absolutely critical to our current culture and economic stability. While not at a PhD level, my knowledge and skills are just as meaningful to some as yours are to others. And your "attainments" will never take your racism out of the picture. You will always be racist trailer trash, and will always be separated from an huge segment of our society. I will always be more respectable by what I consider to be truly decent people. You may boast your doctorate as much as you wish, but it will never grant you human value...
-----

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 4:28:40 PM
At 2/16/2015 3:52:31 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/16/2015 3:49:11 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
Jesus Christ said it,
I believe it,
That settles it!

I don't feel the need to prove to you that Aristotle lived.

Well, do it anyway. I'd love to examine your "proof" - and most especially your "proof" that Socrates ever existed.

Why? Because a spoiled, smug, condescending little trailer trash racist has demanded it? No. I believe they existed. I believe they had some useful thoughts. I believe they contributed to what I have used in my education. If you choose not to believe that any of them lived, you are perfectly free to be that ignorant. I'm perfectly OK with you asserting their nonexistence. You're wrong, and everyone knows it (including you). By all means, however, deny that they existed. LOL

I don't need to. I'm perfectly comfortable with you not believing that any of the classic thinkers existed

Then quit referring to Aristotle and the "original classics" if you can't offer any proof - and quit demanding that people spend endless hours "proving" things for you when you can't "prove" sh1t to anyone else. Verily, the legs of the lame are unequal. Typical.

I have yet to demand that people "...spend endless hours..." proving ANYTHING. I suppose, if I felt inclined (or even the necessity), I could offer evidence of the existence of the classical thinkers. I'm relatively certain that you would reject it (knowing you were lying), just to be contrary and obstinate. It would, nonetheless, be evidence presented. There is really no value in proving to you that the classical thinkers existed. There is value in showing you that your religious stupidity needs to go away. Religion is destructive, whereas Aristotle, Socrates, and their peers were positively constructive.

The bible is worthless and meaningless, in the face of valuable thinkers like the classical philosophers. The difference is that the classical thinkers sought truth, as it aligned with REALITY. Your bible and its authors didn't care one iota about reality. Only about propagating their religion...
-----

-- Robert A Heinlein