Jump to topic:

Pls support my cousin Tina

ChrisL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 8:28:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey guys. I know we all have our differences on this site. But recently my little cousin Tina passed. Her years of Drug use effected he health to the point of no return. She died two days ago at the age of 24. My oldest cousin started a "fund me" champaign to raise money for her funeral. Pls consider setting our differences aside for a moment and contributing to this cause. Every dollar counts and will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless.

http://www.gofundme.com...#
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 8:41:46 AM
At 2/14/2015 8:28:53 AM, ChrisL wrote:
Hey guys. I know we all have our differences on this site. But recently my little cousin Tina passed. Her years of Drug use effected he health to the point of no return. She died two days ago at the age of 24. My oldest cousin started a "fund me" champaign to raise money for her funeral. Pls consider setting our differences aside for a moment and contributing to this cause. Every dollar counts and will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless.

I have reported the thread, trying to get money out of people is DISGUSTING!
ChrisL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 9:00:08 AM
At 2/14/2015 8:41:46 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Perhaps if it was one of your children or 5 grandchildren you wouldn't feel disgusting trying to raise money for one of their funerals. I just though some people would be able to look at this thread as a fellow human being and not a debater. Guess I was wrong. Besides as an agnostic you don't even have a moral basis to call anything disgusting. You gave that up when you gave up on your "Christian faith".
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 9:05:06 AM

Why doesn't your Christian church leaders pay for the funeral? They're the ones who keep telling you to tithe and make offerings to them so they can live in swell homes, eat good and drive nice cars.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 9:16:10 AM
At 2/14/2015 9:00:08 AM, ChrisL wrote:

Perhaps if it was one of your children or 5 grandchildren you wouldn't feel disgusting trying to raise money for one of their funerals. I just though some people would be able to look at this thread as a fellow human being and not a debater. Guess I was wrong. Besides as an agnostic you don't even have a moral basis to call anything disgusting. You gave that up when you gave up on your "Christian faith".

Spending a lot of money on a funeral is a complete WASTE of money! I want my body to be disposed of in the cheapest possible way, and the same goes for my family. People are starving in this world, and money shouldn't be donated to rotting corpses! I hope no one is gullible enough to give you any money
ChrisL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 9:18:40 AM
At 2/14/2015 9:05:06 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Why doesn't your Christian church leaders pay for the funeral? They're the ones who keep telling you to tithe and make offerings to them so they can live in swell homes, eat good and drive nice cars.

You must think all churches are like the "churches" you see on TV. Of course only an atheist can be so unreasonable.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 9:23:23 AM
At 2/14/2015 9:18:40 AM, ChrisL wrote:

You must think all churches are like the "churches" you see on TV. Of course only an atheist can be so unreasonable.

Besides anything else how does anyone know you aren't going to pocket the money yourself, if anyone is gullible enough to give you any? This is the Internet and people can be anyone they wish to be!
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 9:30:06 AM
In the late 90s I was taken in by a 'born again' Christian I met on an American forum. I fell for their tale of woe and parted with the equivalent of about "1000, which I sent to her in US dollars. When no more was forthcoming she fell out with me on-line. I later discovered others had been stupid enough to give her money too. I have wised up, and urge others NEVER to give money to people they have only had contact with on forums. Unless you have met them in person, you have no idea if they are genuine!
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 9:33:27 AM

That is false.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 9:34:38 AM
At 2/14/2015 9:30:06 AM, JJ50 wrote:
In the late 90s I was taken in by a 'born again' Christian I met on an American forum. I fell for their tale of woe and parted with the equivalent of about "1000, which I sent to her in US dollars. When no more was forthcoming she fell out with me on-line. I later discovered others had been stupid enough to give her money too. I have wised up, and urge others NEVER to give money to people they have only had contact with on forums. Unless you have met them in person, you have no idea if they are genuine!

Even in person, people can still trick you into giving away your money.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ChrisL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:25:13 AM
At 2/14/2015 9:16:10 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Spending a lot of money on a funeral is a complete WASTE of money! I want my body to be disposed of in the cheapest possible way, and the same goes for my family. People are starving in this world, and money shouldn't be donated to rotting corpses! I hope no one is gullible enough to give you any money.

Well that's your opinion. Obviously it stems from your worldview. If you don't wanna support that's fine with me. I would have never known who you were if you had not posted on this thread. I've been a member on DDO for almost 2 years. I've been on here to strictly debate topics. Not once have I ever asked for money. Anyone who has been been infiliated with me on this site knows that. My conscience is clear.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:29:38 AM
At 2/14/2015 10:25:13 AM, ChrisL wrote:

Spending a lot of money on a funeral is a complete WASTE of money! I want my body to be disposed of in the cheapest possible way, and the same goes for my family. People are starving in this world, and money shouldn't be donated to rotting corpses! I hope no one is gullible enough to give you any money.

Well that's your opinion. Obviously it stems from your worldview. If you don't wanna support that's fine with me. I would have never known who you were if you had not posted on this thread. I've been a member on DDO for almost 2 years. I've been on here to strictly debate topics. Not once have I ever asked for money. Anyone who has been been infiliated with me on this site knows that. My conscience is clear.

You could still be scamming people, however long you have been on this forum. Even if you are genuine, why should anyone on this forum wish to give money for a mere funeral, and of a drug taker at that, when their money would be better donated to a reputable charity?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:42:29 AM

I'm God's last saint who is testifying to His knowledge. I know that Christianity is not being used to teach the world about who I AM or My plan for My people.
ChrisL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:47:30 AM
At 2/14/2015 10:29:38 AM, JJ50 wrote:

You could still be scamming people, however long you have been on this forum. Even if you are genuine, why should anyone on this forum wish to give money for a mere funeral, and of a drug taker at that, when their money would be better donated to a reputable charity?

That is for other people to decide. Why are you still posting here. If you don't wanna support, than don't. Pretty simple...
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 10:51:33 AM
At 2/14/2015 10:47:30 AM, ChrisL wrote:
At 2/14/2015 10:29:38 AM, JJ50 wrote:

That is for other people to decide. Why are you still posting here. If you don't wanna support, than don't. Pretty simple...

I will continue to urge people not to give money!