Jump to topic:

Looking To Debate The "Trinity"

IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 2:29:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I would like to debate someone on the trinity doctrine, that is convinced that God is comprised of three co-equal personages, in which make 1 Godhead bodily.

I am opposed to this doctrinal theology and convinced the scriptures, themselves, prove the trinity theology, to be a deception and scripture itself will prove to checkmate someone, trying to prove it to be a truth, established from scripture in the bible.

Any takers ?
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 2:53:22 PM
There is nothing to Debate about the trinity! Gen layed it down and then . you people say no way!
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 2:59:47 PM
At 2/14/2015 2:53:22 PM, Rant wrote:
There is nothing to Debate about the trinity! Gen layed it down and then . you people say no way!

I do not believe, you would even be able to engage in a debate, of any kind. Your strong suit is just to rant on about things.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:00:01 PM
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Let Us The bible says> but that's not good for man the word Us. you have to twist it , Us is more then one and its isnot talking about god and angles so I don't see how you can not say that there is not a tri! Enjoy
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:06:48 PM
And there is another Us in Genesis again. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
So just in genesis the first book of the bible it lays down trinity , There as I have to say nothing more to be talked about The father Son ands holy Ghost. Enjoy
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:13:27 PM
At 2/14/2015 3:00:01 PM, Rant wrote:
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Let Us The bible says> but that's not good for man the word Us. you have to twist it , Us is more then one and its isnot talking about god and angles so I don't see how you can not say that there is not a tri! Enjoy

Yes and " God" Said let "us" make man in "Our" Image after "our" Likeness...

That does not establish three persons. Nor, does it establish Equality of the "us" when "GOD" said "Let us"

But that is just the tip of the iceberg to exposing scripturally your fable trio equal personages that you claim make 1 "God"

Shall I slowly let the air out of your balloon, or would you like me to go head and pull the scriptural needle out and pop it suddenly ?
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:21:06 PM
Just luv it the way people want the bible to read to their lusts> no it did not say that!!! Well yes it said that.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:25:24 PM
If you said to anyone one the street that Us and Our means one > they would say do you really understand what those words mean!. but I see on this form is not in the real world Enjoy
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:26:00 PM
At 2/14/2015 3:16:33 PM, Rant wrote:
sure it does Us>is Us> I see you want to twist Us!

There is no debate, that "Us" means plural. In fact, I know the Holy Spirit, played a vital role when God the Father and his SON began to create all things in the beginning.

However, to establish scripturally, that the Holy Spirit is a Personage , Like God the Father is and the Fathers Son is, you will be scripturally anemic in dong so, OR even being able to establish that the SON was or will always will be equal to his FATHER.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:28:05 PM
My personal all time favorite "Trinity" is the one in the old spaghetti westerns that was FAST with his six gun.

With a "Trinity" like that on ones side you would have to be a cactus brain to choose any other.

did I pass the test or was it just wind?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:28:06 PM
At 2/14/2015 3:13:27 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:

That does not establish three persons. Nor, does it establish Equality of the "us" when "GOD" said "Let us"

However, it established more than one, doesn't it?

But that is just the tip of the iceberg to exposing scripturally your fable trio equal personages that you claim make 1 "God"

We do not maintain "equality", or at least, if anyone does, it is not maintained as a certainty.

Shall I slowly let the air out of your balloon, or would you like me to go head and pull the scriptural needle out and pop it suddenly ?

Go right ahead, but first state your position so that it may be attacked in similar fashion.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:38:35 PM
However, to establish scripturally, that the Holy Spirit is a Personage , Like God the Father is and the Fathers Son is, you will be scripturally anemic> Ironhide and Ann> I nailed you! Mormon or JW! Will do the Tri on this forum . its very intro about what you people try to pull off .like satan >some true mixed in with a lot SH$T. Enjoy
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:41:06 PM
At 2/14/2015 3:28:06 PM, annanicole wrote:

Yes, indeed it does, to that there is no debate.

We do not maintain "equality", or at least, if anyone does, it is not maintained as a certainty.

Trinitarians across the board hold steadfast to the belief that God is comprised of three coequal personages, that make the 1 Godhead. In which, is unscriptural.

Go right ahead, but first state your position so that it may be attacked in similar fashion.

Before I move for a checkmate scripturally, that utterly demolishes the mainstream Trinitarians, I will state my position for you or other to attack.

There is ONE "God" who is a spirit and a personal sovereign God. Then there is Gods Son, who was not equal to his Father in the beginning and will not be equal to him in the future. Also. the "Holy Spirit" is not a third person co-equal to God the Father.

That is my position, That scripture will substantiate
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:44:30 PM
At 2/14/2015 3:38:35 PM, Rant wrote:
However, to establish scripturally, that the Holy Spirit is a Personage , Like God the Father is and the Fathers Son is, you will be scripturally anemic> Ironhide and Ann> I nailed you! Mormon or JW! Will do the Tri on this forum . its very intro about what you people try to pull off .like satan >some true mixed in with a lot SH$T. Enjoy

I am neither JW or Mormon. the only thing you have nailed is, your lack to examine and debate scripture.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:45:47 PM
see satan wrote is bible the Q, but the Mormons and Jws had to write their bible To, Because they had their prophets. very intro! kinda satanic that they are kinda the same ? Enjoy
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:52:34 PM
At 2/14/2015 3:41:06 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:

Trinitarians across the board hold steadfast to the belief that God is comprised of three coequal personages, that make the 1 Godhead. In which, is unscriptural.

No, they don't. I've never once ventured any speculations about "co-equality" or lack thereof. Thus, for our purposes here, "co-equality" doesn't matter.

Before I move for a checkmate scripturally, that utterly demolishes the mainstream Trinitarians, I will state my position for you or other to attack.

There is ONE "God" who is a spirit and a personal sovereign God. Then there is Gods Son, who was not equal to his Father in the beginning and will not be equal to him in the future. Also. the "Holy Spirit" is not a third person co-equal to God the Father.

That doesn't explain anything, other than your little quibble on co-equality. Is the Son, the Word, God or not?

Do you baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:56:02 PM
There is ONE "God" who is a spirit and a personal sovereign God. Then there is Gods Son, who was not equal to his Father . Do I have to say more.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 4:05:17 PM
The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Trinity. He is fully God. He is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, has a will, and can speak. He is alive. He is a person. He is not particularly visible in the Bible because His ministry is to bear witness of Jesus (John 15:26).
Some cults like the Jehovah's Witnesses say that the Holy Spirit is nothing more than a force (Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 406-407). This is false. If the Holy Spirit were merely a force, then He could not speak (Acts 13:2); He could not be grieved (Eph. 4:30); and He would not have a will (1 Cor. 12:11).
The truth is that the Holy Spirit is a person the same as the Father and the Son are within the Trinity.
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 4:14:17 PM
At 2/14/2015 3:52:34 PM, annanicole wrote:

No, they don't. I've never once ventured any speculations about "co-equality" or lack thereof. Thus, for our purposes here, "co-equality" doesn't matter.

Well, I can state, as I was raised in the evangelical church, and participated actively with various denominations, from my father being a Pentecostal minister, to having married into the Southern Baptist, and my Mother being Catholic, That if you were to claim to them, as I have said, That Jesus is not "God the Son" and is truly just the SON of God" only nor is he co-equal to his father and that the Holy spirit was not a God "person" part of a trinity God. You would be deemed a heretic and blasphemous, in which, I have been accused for no longer accepting.

I personally, believe the scriptures teach universal reconciliation of all humanity back unto God.

That doesn't explain anything, other than your little quibble on co-equality. Is the Son, the Word, God or not?

The Son is the word and the word/the son became flesh, Not God.

Yes, Baptism is to be done in the name of the Father the son and the Holy Spirit.
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 4:22:10 PM
At 2/14/2015 4:01:06 PM, Rant wrote:
See Iron and Ann> Jesus said I and my father are one!>read IT >its in your bible.

Stick around, and I will tie the scriptural noose on your claim and mis-quoting Jesus say he and his father are one, as proof text of equality and your Trinitarisim.

I was hoping to find someone to engage in one on one debate.....
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 4:28:49 PM
At 2/14/2015 4:14:17 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:

Well, I can state, as I was raised in the evangelical church, and participated actively with various denominations, from my father being a Pentecostal minister, to having married into the Southern Baptist, and my Mother being Catholic, That if you were to claim to them, as I have said, That Jesus is not "God the Son" and is truly just the SON of God" only nor is he co-equal to his father and that the Holy spirit was not a God "person" part of a trinity God. You would be deemed a heretic and blasphemous, in which, I have been accused for no longer accepting.

None of that matters: I repeat, " I've never once ventured any speculations about "co-equality" or lack thereof. Thus, for our purposes here, "co-equality" doesn't matter."

I personally, believe the scriptures teach universal reconciliation of all humanity back unto God.

... and the Word was God. You know that. About all you can do is fly in the face of 99% of the world's Greek scholars and grammarians and try to claim they are and were all wrong.

Yes, Baptism is to be done in the name of the Father the son and the Holy Spirit.

You cannot baptize anyone, rightly or wrongly, in the name (or by the authority) of anything other than a person.
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 4:44:35 PM
At 2/14/2015 4:28:49 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/14/2015 4:14:17 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:

None of that matters: I repeat, " I've never once ventured any speculations about "co-equality" or lack thereof. Thus, for our purposes here, "co-equality" doesn't matter."

Fair enough. So you hold an unorthodox view of the trinity, I take it.

... and the Word was God. You know that. About all you can do is fly in the face of 99% of the world's Greek scholars and grammarians and try to claim they are and were all wrong.

I am pretty sure you are claiming that Jesus was God the Father himself and was made flesh ? But I want to be sure, that is your position, because if it is, then I will pull out the scriptural needle and pop that balloon, for you and all the so called intellectual Greek scholars and fly it in the face... and expose them that contradict.

You cannot baptize anyone, rightly or wrongly, in the name (or by the authority) of anything other than a person.