Jump to topic:

I can't understand how people are theists

Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 3:12:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you go outside and look at nature does any of it seem like a divine creation? A byproduct of a fleck of perfectly executed design design? There's an unfathomable amount of simplicity, emptiness, physical laws, borrow, capriciousness, and wastefulness in the universe. Everything about God is so logically incomprehensible to the human mind. Yet we allegedly find ourselves as intentional participants due to a series of capricious, time consuming and unnecessarily brutal process that An omnipotent creator couldn't have done otherwise?

There's one mistake that theists often make. Wondering *why* something came about means there is an answer to that question. An theist might find himself amazed at the beautiful view during a hike. He'll explain to himself how all of the magical hocus pocus occurred in order to explain away his ignorance.

Imagine walking through an uninhabited island and finding a decaying corpse. You see grotesque features that indicate an unnecessarily horrific death. You then explain to yourself that your free will was the cost of this corpses's suffering, and was God's plan, ignoring the simple fact God could have preserved free will and prevented this. Just because a question can be phrased in English, doesn't make it a meaningful one. Open your eyes and begin to question how.
Dagolas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 3:15:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yeah God is a bit dumb. I mean why is he so smart?

"I'm not going to create one metal, I'm going to create several. Oh, I'll also kill anyone who leaves earth, but make the universe infinite to troll humans. Hmm, why not throw in some diseases to kill them off. I'll also destroy and burn a village of gay people, even though I'm omnipotent so technically I've buggered everyone who's ever existed up the arse and am gay, instead of persecuting people like Hitler or getting rid of Satan. By the way, has anyone seen adam and eve? I put a very nice, juicy looking fruit of knowledge in the garden of eden so they'd stumble upon it. I mean I really didn't want them to eat it you know? I made it nice and appealing, within their reach, and put a kool snake to convince them to eat it. They better not have effing eaten it. Otherwise they are silly gay atheist monkeys"