Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 4:45:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Bible has the Highest Morality Code

http://www.elisoriano.com...

I do not just say that the Bible is a book of the highest standards of moral. It is what the book says and the book itself can prove it. There are so many books regarding moral that now exist in the world. But the Bible is above them all. And it can be proven by the teachings of the Bible.

We do not refute that there are other books that teach morality and there are other religious books regarded as sacred by those people who believe in them who teach also morality. But why do I say that the Bible is a book of the highest form of morality there is that exists on earth? First of all, the Bible is a book wherein the words of God are written. Of course not all the words in the Bible are the words of God, but there are specific words of God in the Bible, and those are very much discernable because the Bible says so. Whenever there is a quotation coming from God, you will be familiarized with the introductions of all the Bible writers before they write the sacred words of God: "And God said," "Thus God said," "God said," "The Lord spake unto," etc. So if we read closely, the Bible is a book that contains pronouncements from God Himself. This is proven by the Apostle Paul in Hebrews 1:1-2,which reads "

"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;"

The verses clearly state that God has spoken unto the fathers in diverse manners and times and places and has spoken unto us in these last days by sending His Son the Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ, during His ministry on earth, said in the book of John 12:49 "

"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak."

So, the pronouncements of the Lord Jesus Christ are words of God. Now, how do we discern, how do we know that the word came from God? There is a very distinct quality of the word of God in the Bible. In the book of Proverbs 8:8-9 we read "

"All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them. They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge."

So there is nothing perverse, there is nothing wrong, no contradiction whatsoever with the words coming from the mouth of God. Another distinct quality of the word of God was preached by the Apostle Paul in I Thessalonians 2:3-4

"For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile: But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts."

We must, at this juncture, notice what the Apostle Paul said, that as they were trusted by God to speak they speak. And what they speak is not of uncleanness, deceit or guile. Meaning, the words of the Lord are without deceit, without uncleanness or guile. They are simple, straightforward truth containing no contradictions whatsoever. Another quality of the word of God is in the book of Hebrews 4:12 "

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

On verse 13 it says "

"Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do."

Meaning, the word of God in the Bible is quick or alive; it is powerful, it is sharper than any two-edged sword, and it pierces to the hearts and thoughts. It knows the thoughts and hearts of men. And no human secret cannot be made manifest by the power of the word of God. By these qualities we will know if what we are reading in the Bible, or in any other book that was written on this earth, are the true words of God or not. The word of God works. In the book of I Thessalonians 2:13, the Apostle Paul said "

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe."

It is clear in the verse that the word of God is not just like the word of man, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually works unto you that believe. So the power of the word of God is manifest unto the believers. It works among the believers. It does things to those that believe. And what the word of God can do is manifest among the believers. And what does it do? In the book of James 1:21 "

"Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls."

The word of God is powerful to blot out all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness in a man. It renews a creature. The word of God has a power to renew; it regenerates and it is proven among those who believe. Let us read in the book of I Peter 1:23 "

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever."

The word of God is able to make a man a new being. It is an agent by which a man can be born again. It is likened in the Bible to a seed which is not corruptible. Nobody can corrupt it. Nothing can corrupt the word of God. After knowing all these things, let us analyze from the written word of God in the Bible the morality that is being taught by God"s words. In the Bible it says, in Matthew 19:5-6 "

"And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

I want you to please notice the word twain, or two. A man shall cleave to his wife, not wives [twain, only one partner]. And this is the highest standard of morality among married people. Let us read. Hebrews 13:4 says "

"Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge."

So marriage is confined to only two contracting parties: the man and the woman, or the husband and the wife. There is no such thing in the Bible as marriage to more than one. It is not allowed. But there are religious books that say that you can get more than one wife. It"s directly contradicting the pure words of God in the Bible. And the very good example is the Book of Mormons. In their Doctrine and Covenants they have this to say:

According to Joseph Smith, which I will call a false prophet, this is a revelation that he received from God. I know that Joseph Smith has his god and his god is not the God of the Bible. I do not even want to call this group The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints. With the standards of morality in the Bible the Mormons cannot be considered saints. Pardon me for saying these words.

Saints in the Bible are those who obey the rules of sainthood. And one of those rules is to have only one wife. Having two wives will not make marriage honorable and the bed undefiled as Hebrew 13:4 says. Marrying more than one woman defiles the bed. Let us read in the book of Romans 7:2-3, it says "

"For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man."
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 4:45:49 AM
So it is clear in the verse that if a woman, or in the case of the man also, marries another while the husband or the wife is living, the woman will be called an adulteress, likewise the man. It is clear in the book of Matthew 19:9 "

"And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."

Marrying another when one of the parties is still living will fall into adultery. Of course there may be millions who believe in the Book of Mormons and nobody can question the integrity of these people. There are judges, there are lawyers and there are statesmen who belong to this group of people who believe that plurality of marriage, as taught in the Book of Mormons, is a true revelation from God. But it is not. It contradicts the word of God in the Bible. In the Bible, especially for bishops, or those that preach the gospel of Christ, only one wife is allowed. I Timothy 3:2 says "

"A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;"

So if you get two wives then you are not blameless. Just like what happened to Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, the first two leaders of the Mormon Church that exists now in so many parts of the world. Brigham Young had 25 wives; 48 for Joseph Smith. They did not even abide by the revelation that they claim to have received from God. The revelation alleges that you can have only ten wives. But because of their greed for women and their lust, Joseph Smith had 48 and Brigham Young 25. Why do I say that the standard of morality in the Bible is far more excellent than any other book of religion, especially if we are going to compare it with the Book of Mormons? First, you have to know my intention. I"m not trying to destroy anybody"s reputation. But I have read that there was an apostle of the Mormon Church who claimed that their Book of Mormons is more correct and excellent than the Bible. This is what they have to say:

Although it was said before my time, before I was born, I"m concerned about this for my fellowmen. Why? This is a blasphemous statement because it places the words of Joseph Smith far more superior than the word of God, and that is blasphemy. God tells us the highest standard of morality in the life of a married person " to have only one wife. Joseph Smith tells us that it can be ten, especially if they are virgins. But Joseph Smith himself did not follow such revelation. He accumulated 48 wives and most of them were not virgins. They were wives of his co-ministers in their church. Imagine, is there morality in there? Let us ask a former Mormon member. What is the first problem they encounter when they abide by the wrong teachings of the Book of Mormons? Number one is jealousy.

[youtube=http:]

We are informed by the Bible and it was mentioned earlier that the word of God is a discerner of truth. It pierces to the thoughts and to the heart of a man. What is jealousy according to the Bible? The Bible defines jealousy as wisdom from demons. It is satanic. Let us read in the book of Proverbs 6:34 "

"For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance."

Jealousy is a form of anger or rage that will spare not when it finds time for vengeance. History bears evidences and proofs of this powerful word of God. There are those who kill their husband or their wife because of jealousy. No Mormon member will say that they do not feel this human emotion, jealousy. And this is something that Mormons cannot hide. It was a confession from a former member of the Mormons. If you are under one roof and there are ten wives, you are wives of only one man, you will see the unfairness and the inequitableness of the treatment because no man can treat ten wives equitably and exactly fair. Jacob or Israel had only four wives but his love is more on Rachel than the other three. And there was jealousy also among the children of Israel. It"s the reason why Joseph the Dreamer was sold or maltreated by his eleven brothers, because of jealousy. Jealousy in polygamy is very rampant not only among the wives but also among the children. If you are one of the ten wives of your husband and each of you has five children then you will be a family of more than fifty. How can jealousy be prevented among those fifty coming from different wombs? So polygamy and the plurality of marriage give way for satan because jealousy came from satan. James 3:16, 15 (Revised Standard Version) says"

"For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.

This wisdom is not such as comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, devilish."

If you must believe, it is better to believe in James the brother of our Lord Jesus Christ than to believe in the false prophets of the Mormons. Jealousy is devilish. It"s satanic and it is the product of the plurality of marriage or polygamy. Proving once again that what God have said is the utmost truth about human passions and human emotions. And if you have only one wife and living by the standards of God"s word, a loving husband to your wife, and a wife that subjects herself to her husband, Ephesians 5:23-28 :

"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself."

Then the family ties and values are intact and there is no place like home if the home is where the word of God and its morality dwells. Coming home to a home with women competing to be a desirable wife for only one man and with children competing to be heirs of the riches of only one man is just like coming home to hell. You may comment and suggest and add to what has been laid in this article.

May God bless you.

Bro. Eli
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 5:13:02 AM
There is NOTHING moral about the Biblical deity. Whilst there are some sensible things in that book there is a lot that panders to sick bigots, who are racist, sexist and anti-gay!
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 12:21:17 AM
At 2/16/2015 5:13:02 AM, JJ50 wrote:
There is NOTHING moral about the Biblical deity. Whilst there are some sensible things in that book there is a lot that panders to sick bigots, who are racist, sexist and anti-gay!

Bible says:
Matthew 19:19
Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

is that moral or not?
"Honor your father and mother" "love your neighbor as yourself"
that is the commanment of God

how is stupid you are.

i think you are the no moral to your self, no respecful
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 12:26:04 AM
So we should look towards the bible to see what we should or should not do cause you know the bible has the highest morality code right ?

So what should we do if a woman is found not to be a virgin on her wedding night ? Does the bible have any instructions of what to do in such a situation ?

Maybe something along the lines of taking her to her fathers door step and killing her ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 12:54:28 AM
At 2/17/2015 12:21:17 AM, Bendido wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:13:02 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Bible says:

is that moral or not?

how is stupid you are.

i think you are the no moral to your self, no respecful

So you should always honor your mother and father no matter what they do? These laws dont take into acount the vast number of different situations and they dont even focus on what is right or wrong.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 1:01:35 AM
At 2/17/2015 12:21:17 AM, Bendido wrote:

500 years before the bible came along plagiarizing from other groups centuries before it! e.g. -

Hinduism: This is the sum of duty; do naught onto others what you would not have them do unto you. Mahabharata 5,1517
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 1:05:17 AM
At 2/17/2015 12:26:04 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
So we should look towards the bible to see what we should or should not do cause you know the bible has the highest morality code right ?

So what should we do if a woman is found not to be a virgin on her wedding night ? Does the bible have any instructions of what to do in such a situation ?

Maybe something along the lines of taking her to her fathers door step and killing her ?

that is the time of israelites:

Deuteronomy 22:13-19

13."Suppose a man marries a woman, but after sleeping with her, he turns against her
14.and publicly accuses her of shameful conduct, saying, 'When I married this woman, I discovered she was not a virgin.'
15.Then the woman's father and mother must bring the proof of her virginity to the elders as they hold court at the town gate.
16.Her father must say to them, 'I gave my daughter to this man to be his wife, and now he has turned against her.
17.He has accused her of shameful conduct, saying, "I discovered that your daughter was not a virgin." But here is the proof of my daughter's virginity.' Then they must spread her bed sheet before the elders.
18.The elders must then take the man and punish him.
19.They must also fine him 100 pieces of silver, which he must pay to the woman's father because he publicly accused a virgin of Israel of shameful conduct. The woman will then remain the man's wife, and he may never divorce her.

but in our time is different..why:
it depends the situations
depends man and women.
you can ask her before. you have time to know that.

because if you already married you cannot refuse:

Matthew 19:5-6
5.and said, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh"?
6."So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

Ephesians 5:25
For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 1:22:47 AM
At 2/17/2015 1:05:17 AM, Bendido wrote:

So in other words even though their is a very clear directive given to what do to do in a certain situation we should NOT do it.

Who do you think your kidding ? the only way to make the bible "moral" is by exempting a large part of it.

I am not complaining about that by the way, my compliant is that the horsesh*t we have to hear from people like you about the bible being the greatest moral instruction/direction ever !!!

It's gets tiresome listening to people preach about this great bible morality then when confronted with examples of what the bible would direct us to do or not do they have to get around that..................

It's not intellectually honest and it pisses people off.

13."Suppose a man marries a woman, but after sleeping with her, he turns against her
14.and publicly accuses her of shameful conduct, saying, 'When I married this woman, I discovered she was not a virgin.'
15.Then the woman's father and mother must bring the proof of her virginity to the elders as they hold court at the town gate.
16.Her father must say to them, 'I gave my daughter to this man to be his wife, and now he has turned against her.
17.He has accused her of shameful conduct, saying, "I discovered that your daughter was not a virgin." But here is the proof of my daughter's virginity.' Then they must spread her bed sheet before the elders.
19.They must also fine him 100 pieces of silver, which he must pay to the woman's father because he publicly accused a virgin of Israel of shameful conduct. The woman will then remain the man's wife, and he may never divorce her.

depends man and women.

5.and said, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh"?
6."So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 1:27:58 AM
At 2/17/2015 1:22:47 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

So in other words even though their is a very clear directive given to what do to do in a certain situation we should NOT do it.

Who do you think your kidding ? the only way to make the bible "moral" is by exempting a large part of it.

I am not complaining about that by the way, my compliant is that the horsesh*t we have to hear from people like you about the bible being the greatest moral instruction/direction ever !!!

It's gets tiresome listening to people preach about this great bible morality then when confronted with examples of what the bible would direct us to do or not do they have to get around that..................

Bible says:

is that moral or not? please answer my question

depends man and women.

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 1:44:56 AM
At 2/17/2015 1:27:58 AM, Bendido wrote:

Bible says:

Oh I see the bible is the greatest moral book ever........................if we get to pick and choose which bits to follow ?

Well you see that applies to anything and everything.

How about you think LONG AND HARD exactly what your position is on the bible. The following questions may help clarify to yourself what exactly you do or don't believe..........

1) Any and all bible directions and examples should be followed ?
2) Some bible directions and examples should be followed ?
3) We should select and reject from the bible various directions and examples based on our own moral reasoning & intuitions

Until you clarify that to yourself I am gonna ask that put a sock in it with all this the bible being a great moral guide.

depends man and women.

Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 1:54:36 AM
At 2/17/2015 1:44:56 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

you cannot answer my question:
Bible says:
is that moral or not?

Bible says:

Oh I see the bible is the greatest moral book ever........................if we get to pick and choose which bits to follow ?

How about you think LONG AND HARD exactly what your position is on the bible. The following questions may help clarify to yourself what exactly you do or don't believe..........

3) We should select and reject from the bible various directions and examples based on our own moral reasoning & intuitions

Until you clarify that to yourself I am gonna ask that put a sock in it with all this the bible being a great moral guide.

depends man and women.

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:14:21 AM
At 2/17/2015 1:54:36 AM, Bendido wrote:

Bible says:
is that moral or not?

I think the golden rule, from which love thy neighbor as yourself is pretty hard to argue against but there are still cavets.

Some one can interpreate "love" in interesting ways, like torturing heretics or telling gays they will burn in hell unless they accept Jesus as God, lord and savior.

After all we are saving people from hell and what can be more loving than that ?

Now concerning bible morality I refer to my previous questions that I think you need to clarify to yourself.

Bible says:

depends man and women.

Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:29:00 AM
At 2/17/2015 2:14:21 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/17/2015 1:54:36 AM, Bendido wrote:

Bible says:
is that moral or not?

I think the golden rule, from which love thy neighbor as yourself is pretty hard to argue against but there are still cavets.

Some one can interpreate "love" in interesting ways, like torturing heretics or telling gays they will burn in hell unless they accept Jesus as God, lord and savior.

After all we are saving people from hell and what can be more loving than that ?

Now concerning bible morality I refer to my previous questions that I think you need to clarify to yourself.

until now you cannot answer my questio:

Bible says:
is that moral or not?

thats the only one moral values of Gods law in the bible..
there are so many moral good values in the bible...

example again:

1 Peter 2:7
So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, "The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,"

Romans 13:1
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Bible says:

depends man and women.

Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:35:05 AM
At 2/17/2015 2:26:21 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
I was wondering when one of Brother Eli's robots would turn up. How delightful.

Proverbs 3:13
Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding,
he is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:39:03 AM
Give it up bendigo.

You find things in the bible that are appealing ? fine. You like the golden rule ? fine.

You want to cherry pick things from the bible and claim hey I think that's good and moral to do ? fine.

But let's cut this non sense out that the bible is some sort of best guide to morality when in order to make it morale you have to cherry pick from it in the first place.
Sosoconfused
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:39:57 AM
The Bible is a horrible groundwork for morality. I'm just gonna give you a quick list. Certainly not all of the terrible stuff in the bible, but a quick "greatest hits" list if you will.

Before you dismiss this stuff as mostly being old testament stuff, let me remind you

In Matthew 5:17 Jesus says: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

This means all the old testament nonsense is still in play.

So according to the bible we should:

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
(Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
(Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
(Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
(Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
(Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery
(Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication
(Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions.
(Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
(Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night
(Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.
(Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)
(Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Death for Blasphemy
(Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Kill False Prophets
(Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)
(Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

Infidels and Gays Should Die
(Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle
(Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath
(Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

For such a moral book, it requires an awful lot of killing....

If the Bible is all good then you're ok with slavery

Beating slaves
Beating slaves was perfectly allowable under the following rules:
Exodus 21:20-21 (NASB): If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.
Exodus 21:26-27 (NASB): If a man strikes the eye of his male or female slave, and destroys it, he shall let him go free on account of his eye. And if he knocks out a tooth of his male or female slave, he shall let him go free on account of his tooth.

Male Hebrew slaves
Exodus 21:2-6 (NASB):
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years; but on the seventh he shall go out as a free man without payment. If he comes alone, he shall go out alone; if he is the husband of a wife, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife, and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall belong to her master, and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, "I love my master, my wife and my children; I will not go out as a free man," then his master shall bring him to God, then he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him permanently.
It is interesting to note that if a slave wishes to remain with his wife and family he must submit to his master for life.
On the other hand Hebrew slaves - and only those Hebrew slaves who entered slavery "voluntarily" - got some severance package as described in Deuteronomy 15:12-15 (NASB):
If your kinsman, a Hebrew man or woman, is sold to you, then he shall serve you six years, but in the seventh year you shall set him free. When you set him free, you shall not send him away empty-handed. You shall furnish him liberally from your flock and from your threshing floor and from your wine vat; you shall give to him as the LORD your God has blessed you. You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God redeemed you; therefore I command you this today.
[edit]Female Hebrew slaves
Female Hebrew slaves were to be treated differently from males. Parents could sell their daughters into slavery. (Exodus 21:7-11 NASB)
If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do. If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He does not have authority to sell her to a foreign people because of his unfairness to her. If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her according to the custom of daughters. If he takes to himself another woman, he may not reduce her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights. If he will not do these three things for her, then she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.
[edit]Non-Hebrew Slaves
If the Israelites wanted full slaves they were instructed in Leviticus 25:44-46 (NASB):
As for your male and female slaves whom you may have"you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you. Then, too, it is out of the sons of the sojourners who live as aliens among you that you may gain acquisition, and out of their families who are with you, whom they will have produced in your land; they also may become your possession. You may even bequeath them to your sons after you, to receive as a possession; you can use them as permanent slaves. But in respect to your countrymen, the sons of Israel, you shall not rule with severity over one another.
[edit]Hereditary Slaves
The children of slaves were born into slavery. Exodus 21:4 (NASB):
If his master gives him a wife, and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall belong to her master, and he shall go out alone.
[edit]Abduction and slave trade
Hebrews were not allowed to abduct fellow Hebrews and sell them.
Exodus 21:16 (NASB): He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death.
Given that the Hebrews were instructed in Leviticus 25 v 44 to obtain their slaves from the people around them, it is evident that this injunction to not abduct people referred to Hebrews and not non-Hebrews. Obtaining and selling non-Hebrews was evidently not a problem.
[edit]Escaped slaves
An escaped slave could not be handed over to his master, and would gain full citizenship among Israelites:
Deuteronomy 23:15-16 (NASB): You shall not hand over to his master a slave who has escaped from his master to you. He shall live with you in your midst, in the place which he shall choose in one of your towns where it pleases him; you shall not mistreat him.

oh the new stuff has slavery too

Ephesians 6:5-8 (NASB): Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men, knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.
Christian slaves whose masters were also Christian are told:
1 Timothy 6:1-2 (NASB): All who are under the yoke as slaves are to regard their own masters as worthy of all honor so that the name of God and our doctrine will not be spoken against. Those who have believers as their masters must not be disrespectful to them because they are brethren, but must serve them all the more, because those who partake of the benefit are believers and beloved. Teach and preach these principles.
There are instructions for Christian slave owners to treat their slaves well.
Ephesians 6:9 (NASB): And masters, do the same things to them, and give up threatening, knowing that both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.
Colossians 4:1 (NASB) Masters, grant to your slaves justice and fairness, knowing that you too have a Master in heaven.
Nevertheless in other parts of the New Testament slave traders (i.e. those who kidnapped and sold people as slaves) were considered "lawless
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:41:13 AM
At 2/17/2015 2:35:05 AM, Bendido wrote:

he is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed.

Knobheads 10:1
Ignorant and unsuccessful in his goals is he who just quotes fatuous nonsense from a fairy tale book and expects people to think he has anything original or interesting to say.
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:44:15 AM
At 2/17/2015 2:41:13 AM, Graincruncher wrote:

Ignorant and unsuccessful in his goals is he who just quotes fatuous nonsense from a fairy tale book and expects people to think he has anything original or interesting to say.

what kind of book is that.."fAIRY tALE bOOK""hahahahaha
invented of weeked people..toink
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:46:51 AM
At 2/17/2015 2:44:15 AM, Bendido wrote:
At 2/17/2015 2:41:13 AM, Graincruncher wrote:

what kind of book is that.."fAIRY tALE bOOK""hahahahaha
invented of weeked people..toink

The bible...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:56:01 AM
At 2/17/2015 2:29:00 AM, Bendido wrote:
is that moral or not?
Luke 14: 26"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:58:51 AM
In Matthew 5:17 Jesus says: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

1.What the law can fulfil by Jesus Christ? Let us read:
Luke 24:44-47

44.He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."
45.Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.
46.And he said, "Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day.
47.and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

you do not understand the verse...toink

This means all the old testament nonsense is still in play.

So according to the bible we should:

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
(Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
(Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
(Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
(Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
(Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery
(Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication
(Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions.
(Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
(Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night
(Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.
(Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)
(Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Death for Blasphemy
(Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Kill False Prophets
(Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)
(Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

Infidels and Gays Should Die
(Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle
(Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath
(Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

For such a moral book, it requires an awful lot of killing....

If the Bible is all good then you're ok with slavery

Beating slaves
Beating slaves was perfectly allowable under the following rules:
Exodus 21:20-21 (NASB): If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.
Exodus 21:26-27 (NASB): If a man strikes the eye of his male or female slave, and destroys it, he shall let him go free on account of his eye. And if he knocks out a tooth of his male or female slave, he shall let him go free on account of his tooth.

Male Hebrew slaves
Exodus 21:2-6 (NASB):
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years; but on the seventh he shall go out as a free man without payment. If he comes alone, he shall go out alone; if he is the husband of a wife, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife, and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall belong to her master, and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, "I love my master, my wife and my children; I will not go out as a free man," then his master shall bring him to God, then he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him permanently.
It is interesting to note that if a slave wishes to remain with his wife and family he must submit to his master for life.
On the other hand Hebrew slaves - and only those Hebrew slaves who entered slavery "voluntarily" - got some severance package as described in Deuteronomy 15:12-15 (NASB):
If your kinsman, a Hebrew man or woman, is sold to you, then he shall serve you six years, but in the seventh year you shall set him free. When you set him free, you shall not send him away empty-handed. You shall furnish him liberally from your flock and from your threshing floor and from your wine vat; you shall give to him as the LORD your God has blessed you. You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God redeemed you; therefore I command you this today.
[edit]Female Hebrew slaves
Female Hebrew slaves were to be treated differently from males. Parents could sell their daughters into slavery. (Exodus 21:7-11 NASB)
If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do. If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He does not have authority to sell her to a foreign people because of his unfairness to her. If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her according to the custom of daughters. If he takes to himself another woman, he may not reduce her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights. If he will not do these three things for her, then she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.
[edit]Non-Hebrew Slaves
If the Israelites wanted full slaves they were instructed in Leviticus 25:44-46 (NASB):
As for your male and female slaves whom you may have"you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you. Then, too, it is out of the sons of the sojourners who live as aliens among you that you may gain acquisition, and out of their families who are with you, whom they will have produced in your land; they also may become your possession. You may even bequeath them to your sons after you, to receive as a possession; you can use them as permanent slaves. But in respect to your countrymen, the sons of Israel, you shall not rule with severity over one another.
[edit]Hereditary Slaves
The children of slaves were born into slavery. Exodus 21:4 (NASB):
If his master gives him a wife, and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall belong to her master, and he shall go out alone.
[edit]Abduction and slave trade
Hebrews were not allowed to abduct fellow Hebrews and sell them.
Exodus 21:16 (NASB): He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death.
Given that the Hebrews were instructed in Leviticus 25 v 44 to obtain their slaves from the people around them, it is evident that this injunction to not abduct people referred to Hebrews and not non-Hebrews. Obtaining and selling non-Hebrews was evidently not a problem.
[edit]Escaped slaves
An escaped slave could not be handed over to his master, and would gain full citizenship among Israelites:
Deuteronomy 23:15-16 (NASB): You shall not hand over to his master a slave who has escaped from his master to you. He shall live with you in your midst, in the place which he shall choose in one of your towns where it pleases him; you shall not mistreat him.

oh the new stuff has slavery too

Ephesians 6:5-8 (NASB): Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men, knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.
Christian slaves whose masters were also Christian are told:
1 Timothy 6:1-2 (NASB): All who are under the yoke as slaves are to regard their own masters as worthy of all honor so that the name of God and our doctrine will not be spoken against. Those who have believers as their masters must not be disrespectful to them because they are brethren, but must serve them all the more, because those who partake of the benefit are believers and beloved. Teach and preach these principles.
There are instruct
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:11:18 AM
At 2/17/2015 2:56:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
is that moral or not?
Luke 14: 26"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

what is the meaning of that? let us read: continue in verse 27

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:27
And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciple.

its clear you must follow our lord not your family WHY? in the sense of "more than you love me"

Matthew 10:36-39
36.and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.
37"If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being
38.If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine.
39."He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:14:26 AM
Jesus says you must HATE your family.
LOOK
Luke 14: 26"If anyone comes to Me, and does not HATE his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

Your pathetic excuses do not change what is recorded there.

HATE
HATE
HATE
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:23:25 AM
At 2/17/2015 3:14:26 AM, bulproof wrote:
Jesus says you must HATE your family.
LOOK
Luke 14: 26"If anyone comes to Me, and does not HATE his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

Your pathetic excuses do not change what is recorded there.

HATE
HATE
HATE

yes hate because some times your household hate jesus christ and your faith..
what is your priority ofcoarse the law of jesus..
John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Sosoconfused
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:26:08 AM
At 2/17/2015 3:11:18 AM, Bendido wrote:
is that moral or not?

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciple.

its clear you must follow our lord not your family WHY? in the sense of "more than you love me"

37"If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being
38.If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine.
39."He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

None of what you said refutes the fact that the writings of the bible I quoted above are highly immoral by today's standard.
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:34:47 AM
At 2/17/2015 3:26:08 AM, Sosoconfused wrote:
is that moral or not?

None of what you said refutes the fact that the writings of the bible I quoted above are highly immoral by today's standard.

you do not understand that also the Matthew 5:17

all your quote base on law of moises...
our time is law of christ..let us read:
Acts 13:39
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

you must follow law of jesus christ:
Matthew 5:43-44
43."You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'
44.But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:39:42 AM
At 2/17/2015 3:34:47 AM, Bendido wrote:
At 2/17/2015 3:26:08 AM, Sosoconfused wrote:
is that moral or not?

you do not understand that also the Matthew 5:17

all your quote base on law of moises...
our time is law of christ..let us read:
Acts 13:39
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

you must follow law of jesus christ:
Matthew 5:43-44
43."You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'
44.But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Jesus said
"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.
Can't you read?
Dagolas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:46:54 AM
Are those direct quotes from the Bible? Never bothered to read it, but if so that's pretty messed up. Jesus is a bit of a d-ckhead.

Anyway, as to morals. The bible is not "high morality", it's black and white christian morality that says "good is good" and "bad is bad". Well, in reality, fair is foul and foul is fair. People who use the Bible as a moral compass are usually the stupid ones who say things like abortion is wrong and gay people should burn in hell.