Total Posts:59|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why don't theists get this?

Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 11:49:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I cannot fathom why theists find this so difficult to understand. Once I've already debated on this, and will likely be doing so again in a bit.

Is it all theists who find this hard to understand? Do ex-atheists/agnostics get it even after they've become theists, or does it become incomprehensible to them? I know ex-theists who've become atheists don't have any trouble with it.

It does seem so far like theists generally can't understand the concept of "I do not believe a god exists" versus "I believe a god does not exist". While there are atheists who subscribe to the second opinion, atheism is the first, which can by definition include the second (as well as "I do not believe a god exists but I do believe he used to" or "I do not believe a god exists but I do believe fairies exist", etc.)

Is it just me? Do I have bad luck?
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 11:58:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 11:49:48 AM, Yvette wrote:

It does seem so far like theists generally can't understand the concept of "I do not believe a god exists" versus "I believe a god does not exist". While there are atheists who subscribe to the second opinion, atheism is the first, which can by definition include the second (as well as "I do not believe a god exists but I do believe he used to" or "I do not believe a god exists but I do believe fairies exist", etc.)


What is the difference?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:02:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 11:49:48 AM, Yvette wrote:
I cannot fathom why theists find this so difficult to understand. Once I've already debated on this, and will likely be doing so again in a bit.

Is it all theists who find this hard to understand? Do ex-atheists/agnostics get it even after they've become theists, or does it become incomprehensible to them? I know ex-theists who've become atheists don't have any trouble with it.

It does seem so far like theists generally can't understand the concept of "I do not believe a god exists" versus "I believe a god does not exist". While there are atheists who subscribe to the second opinion, atheism is the first, which can by definition include the second (as well as "I do not believe a god exists but I do believe he used to" or "I do not believe a god exists but I do believe fairies exist", etc.)

Is it just me? Do I have bad luck?

According to Godsands, atheists don't believe in God because we hate God... o_0
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:07:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?

All I asked is how its started, you must think something happened.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:11:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:07:19 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?

All I asked is how its started, you must think something happened.

Wrong thread, stop trolling.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:11:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:07:19 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?

All I asked is how its started, you must think something happened.

You say that so casually as though I should be able to explain the exact beginnings of everything... If the scientific theories that have been published are not enough for you, I cannot offer anymore substance since I base my understanding of the universe off of science. However, if you have not read these theories, I urge you to and then we can debate the possibility of God creating our planet and us against evolution.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:15:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:11:35 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:07:19 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?

All I asked is how its started, you must think something happened.

You say that so casually as though I should be able to explain the exact beginnings of everything... If the scientific theories that have been published are not enough for you, I cannot offer anymore substance since I base my understanding of the universe off of science. However, if you have not read these theories, I urge you to and then we can debate the possibility of God creating our planet and us against evolution.

I'm not saying I know what happened I'm just saying that you have to believe something happened.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:18:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:15:56 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:11:35 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:07:19 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?

All I asked is how its started, you must think something happened.

You say that so casually as though I should be able to explain the exact beginnings of everything... If the scientific theories that have been published are not enough for you, I cannot offer anymore substance since I base my understanding of the universe off of science. However, if you have not read these theories, I urge you to and then we can debate the possibility of God creating our planet and us against evolution.

I'm not saying I know what happened I'm just saying that you have to believe something happened.

I've already stated that I believe in evolution.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:21:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:18:10 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:15:56 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:11:35 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:07:19 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?

All I asked is how its started, you must think something happened.

You say that so casually as though I should be able to explain the exact beginnings of everything... If the scientific theories that have been published are not enough for you, I cannot offer anymore substance since I base my understanding of the universe off of science. However, if you have not read these theories, I urge you to and then we can debate the possibility of God creating our planet and us against evolution.

I'm not saying I know what happened I'm just saying that you have to believe something happened.

I've already stated that I believe in evolution.

You need something first so that it could evolve.
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:24:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:07:19 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?

All I asked is how its started, you must think something happened.

I've already answered this for you. It's irrelevant to the question of god, and it's also possible to simply not know.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:26:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:21:39 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:18:10 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:15:56 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:11:35 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:07:19 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?

All I asked is how its started, you must think something happened.

You say that so casually as though I should be able to explain the exact beginnings of everything... If the scientific theories that have been published are not enough for you, I cannot offer anymore substance since I base my understanding of the universe off of science. However, if you have not read these theories, I urge you to and then we can debate the possibility of God creating our planet and us against evolution.

I'm not saying I know what happened I'm just saying that you have to believe something happened.

I've already stated that I believe in evolution.

You need something first so that it could evolve.

Ok... I agree with Geo, who stated on the other thread, that there is an "eternal multiverse"... The universe was always there and at one point, a supernova commenced, and our little rock called Earth was formed where organisms began to grow...and that's where the evolution begins.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:27:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:24:30 PM, Yvette wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:07:19 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?

All I asked is how its started, you must think something happened.

I've already answered this for you. It's irrelevant to the question of god, and it's also possible to simply not know.

You obviously don't really care.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:28:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 11:49:48 AM, Yvette wrote:
I cannot fathom why theists find this so difficult to understand. Once I've already debated on this, and will likely be doing so again in a bit.

Is it all theists who find this hard to understand? Do ex-atheists/agnostics get it even after they've become theists, or does it become incomprehensible to them? I know ex-theists who've become atheists don't have any trouble with it.

It does seem so far like theists generally can't understand the concept of "I do not believe a god exists" versus "I believe a god does not exist". While there are atheists who subscribe to the second opinion, atheism is the first, which can by definition include the second (as well as "I do not believe a god exists but I do believe he used to" or "I do not believe a god exists but I do believe fairies exist", etc.)

Is it just me? Do I have bad luck?

Wait, can you say that again? I don't get it.
kfc
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:31:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:27:49 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:24:30 PM, Yvette wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:07:19 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?

All I asked is how its started, you must think something happened.

I've already answered this for you. It's irrelevant to the question of god, and it's also possible to simply not know.

You obviously don't really care.

Nice response.

You've failed to state why "where it all came from" has anything to do with a) god and b) why it's impossible to not believe in a god.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:33:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:15:56 PM, sal wrote:
I'm not saying I know what happened I'm just saying that you have to believe something happened.

I believe something probably happened. There's no point in blind speculation on my part as to what exactly happened. Maybe if I took the time to study each theory and concept, I could gain a better understanding of what "probably happened", and maybe we will eventually advance to the point where we will be able to explain how the universe came into existence.
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:34:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:26:21 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:21:39 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:18:10 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:15:56 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:11:35 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:07:19 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:04:59 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 11:52:54 AM, sal wrote:
Just answer where everything came from and started.

Why is it that atheists have to prove why we don't believe in a God while theists, like you, can sit back and say "God is above our understanding"? Do I have to prove why I don't believe in Santa Claus?

All I asked is how its started, you must think something happened.

You say that so casually as though I should be able to explain the exact beginnings of everything... If the scientific theories that have been published are not enough for you, I cannot offer anymore substance since I base my understanding of the universe off of science. However, if you have not read these theories, I urge you to and then we can debate the possibility of God creating our planet and us against evolution.

I'm not saying I know what happened I'm just saying that you have to believe something happened.

I've already stated that I believe in evolution.

You need something first so that it could evolve.

Ok... I agree with Geo, who stated on the other thread, that there is an "eternal multiverse"... The universe was always there and at one point, a supernova commenced, and our little rock called Earth was formed where organisms began to grow...and that's where the evolution begins.

What caused the supernova?
If the universe was always there and it takes time for the supernova to happen
something must have caused it.
since you claim it was always that means even 1 trillion years ago the universe existed why didn't the supernova happen then.
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:35:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:27:49 PM, sal wrote:
You obviously don't really care.

Why does it this matter at all? Your question wasn't even relevant. And even if this was true and he did not care, it wouldn't make a difference.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:45:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Ha Ha, it's a youth issue. You see, atheism or any other ritualistic religion skeptic ideologies seem to think that everything in the world revolves around rationality and what is logically coherent. There more to the world than just rationality. With logic alone one cannot be always correct; yes, it makes you most likely to be but not always correct.

Most intelligent atheists remind me of schopenhour(sp*) (On the Horrors and Absurdities of Religion). Tut tut tut.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 1:06:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:45:55 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Ha Ha, it's a youth issue. You see, atheism or any other ritualistic religion skeptic ideologies seem to think that everything in the world revolves around rationality and what is logically coherent. There more to the world than just rationality. With logic alone one cannot be always correct; yes, it makes you most likely to be but not always correct.

Most intelligent atheists remind me of schopenhour(sp*) (On the Horrors and Absurdities of Religion). Tut tut tut.

At least you concede that atheists have the logical side and theists....well, don't have logic. But really, I'd rather revolve around reason and logic then religious hoopla.

You mean Schopenhauer. And this was a man who thought the white race was the highest of civilizations, that women are meant to naturally obey, and openly encouraged pederasty (a.k.a. a relationship between an older man and a child). Great....
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 1:12:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:45:55 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Ha Ha, it's a youth issue. You see, atheism or any other ritualistic religion skeptic ideologies seem to think that everything in the world revolves around rationality and what is logically coherent. There more to the world than just rationality. With logic alone one cannot be always correct; yes, it makes you most likely to be but not always correct.

Most intelligent atheists remind me of schopenhour(sp*) (On the Horrors and Absurdities of Religion). Tut tut tut.

Yes. And if you dont care whether or not you are most likely correct, then thats your prerogative. But I care about my beliefs. I want to hold as many true beliefs and as few false beliefs as possible. I suppose thats the difference between Atheists and Theists.

BTW, what exactly do you speak of, when you say that there is more to the world than rationality?
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 1:16:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:34:33 PM, sal wrote:
What caused the supernova?
If the universe was always there and it takes time for the supernova to happen
something must have caused it.
since you claim it was always that means even 1 trillion years ago the universe existed why didn't the supernova happen then.

If the universe was cyclic, then the thing that caused the supernova was simply time. but this is all speculation, and i would never make this claim and call it my own belief, and neither should you claim that God did it, because you have no justification for saying that.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 1:30:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 1:06:29 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:45:55 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Ha Ha, it's a youth issue. You see, atheism or any other ritualistic religion skeptic ideologies seem to think that everything in the world revolves around rationality and what is logically coherent. There more to the world than just rationality. With logic alone one cannot be always correct; yes, it makes you most likely to be but not always correct.

Most intelligent atheists remind me of schopenhour(sp*) (On the Horrors and Absurdities of Religion). Tut tut tut.

At least you concede that atheists have the logical side and theists....well, don't have logic. But really, I'd rather revolve around reason and logic then religious hoopla.

You mean Schopenhauer. And this was a man who thought the white race was the highest of civilizations,
Well, it sort off is but that isn't enough to exterminate the others.
that women are meant to naturally obey,
Fair say.
and openly encouraged pederasty (a.k.a. a relationship between an older man and a child).
That was sarcasm.
Great....
Indeed.

You understand he gives the standard agrument against religon. He's the atheist you guys are most like.(Dawkins doesn't count)
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 1:34:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 1:12:48 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:45:55 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Ha Ha, it's a youth issue. You see, atheism or any other ritualistic religion skeptic ideologies seem to think that everything in the world revolves around rationality and what is logically coherent. There more to the world than just rationality. With logic alone one cannot be always correct; yes, it makes you most likely to be but not always correct.

Most intelligent atheists remind me of schopenhour(sp*) (On the Horrors and Absurdities of Religion). Tut tut tut.

Yes. And if you dont care whether or not you are most likely correct, then thats your prerogative. But I care about my beliefs. I want to hold as many true beliefs and as few false beliefs as possible. I suppose thats the difference between Atheists and Theists.


BTW, what exactly do you speak of, when you say that there is more to the world than rationality?

Noumenon.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 2:02:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 1:34:15 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 7/9/2010 1:12:48 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:45:55 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Ha Ha, it's a youth issue. You see, atheism or any other ritualistic religion skeptic ideologies seem to think that everything in the world revolves around rationality and what is logically coherent. There more to the world than just rationality. With logic alone one cannot be always correct; yes, it makes you most likely to be but not always correct.

Most intelligent atheists remind me of schopenhour(sp*) (On the Horrors and Absurdities of Religion). Tut tut tut.

Yes. And if you dont care whether or not you are most likely correct, then thats your prerogative. But I care about my beliefs. I want to hold as many true beliefs and as few false beliefs as possible. I suppose thats the difference between Atheists and Theists.


BTW, what exactly do you speak of, when you say that there is more to the world than rationality?

Noumenon.

If Noumenon is french for "I concede", then great.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 2:03:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 1:30:56 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 7/9/2010 1:06:29 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:45:55 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Ha Ha, it's a youth issue. You see, atheism or any other ritualistic religion skeptic ideologies seem to think that everything in the world revolves around rationality and what is logically coherent. There more to the world than just rationality. With logic alone one cannot be always correct; yes, it makes you most likely to be but not always correct.

Most intelligent atheists remind me of schopenhour(sp*) (On the Horrors and Absurdities of Religion). Tut tut tut.

At least you concede that atheists have the logical side and theists....well, don't have logic. But really, I'd rather revolve around reason and logic then religious hoopla.

You mean Schopenhauer. And this was a man who thought the white race was the highest of civilizations,
Well, it sort off is but that isn't enough to exterminate the others.
that women are meant to naturally obey,
Fair say.
and openly encouraged pederasty (a.k.a. a relationship between an older man and a child).
That was sarcasm.
Great....
Indeed.

You understand he gives the standard agrument against religon. He's the atheist you guys are most like.(Dawkins doesn't count)

I tend to be more like Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens... And why doesn't Dawkins count?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 2:24:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 2:03:22 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 1:30:56 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 7/9/2010 1:06:29 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:45:55 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Ha Ha, it's a youth issue. You see, atheism or any other ritualistic religion skeptic ideologies seem to think that everything in the world revolves around rationality and what is logically coherent. There more to the world than just rationality. With logic alone one cannot be always correct; yes, it makes you most likely to be but not always correct.

Most intelligent atheists remind me of schopenhour(sp*) (On the Horrors and Absurdities of Religion). Tut tut tut.

At least you concede that atheists have the logical side and theists....well, don't have logic. But really, I'd rather revolve around reason and logic then religious hoopla.

You mean Schopenhauer. And this was a man who thought the white race was the highest of civilizations,
Well, it sort off is but that isn't enough to exterminate the others.
that women are meant to naturally obey,
Fair say.
and openly encouraged pederasty (a.k.a. a relationship between an older man and a child).
That was sarcasm.
Great....
Indeed.

You understand he gives the standard agrument against religon. He's the atheist you guys are most like.(Dawkins doesn't count)

I tend to be more like Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens... And why doesn't Dawkins count?

For his amazing originality and him being a revolutionary biologist.
-----------
His books are nothing more than motivational lectures to Unter atheists. His atheist argument is tooootally original. He's also a crap biologist the phenotype crap was done before, again he's nothing more than a good writer.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 2:44:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 1:06:29 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:45:55 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Ha Ha, it's a youth issue. You see, atheism or any other ritualistic religion skeptic ideologies seem to think that everything in the world revolves around rationality and what is logically coherent. There more to the world than just rationality. With logic alone one cannot be always correct; yes, it makes you most likely to be but not always correct.

Most intelligent atheists remind me of schopenhour(sp*) (On the Horrors and Absurdities of Religion). Tut tut tut.

At least you concede that atheists have the logical side and theists....well, don't have logic. But really, I'd rather revolve around reason and logic then religious hoopla.


Quit being silly. Being an atheist doesn't automatically make your more logical or rational than when someone is religious. This website proves that.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!