Total Posts:91|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Where Everything Came From

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:44:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

What caused the supernova?
If the multiverse was always there and it takes time for the universe to evolve
something must have caused it.
since you claim it was always that means even 1 trillion years ago the universe or multiverse existed why didn't the big bang happen then happen then.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:44:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
@sal

A supernova has nothing to do with the Multiverse. Quit bringing up supernovas. Supernovas how the Earth formed, not the universe or Multiverse.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:47:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:44:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

A supernova has nothing to do with the Multiverse. Quit bringing up supernovas. Supernovas how the Earth formed, not the universe or Multiverse.

Something caused out universe to happen, but what took so long.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:49:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:44:04 PM, sal wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

What caused the supernova?
If the multiverse was always there and it takes time for the universe to evolve
something must have caused it.
since you claim it was always that means even 1 trillion years ago the universe or multiverse existed why didn't the big bang happen then happen then.

Why does it matter when the Big Bang happened. Besides the Big Bang happened inside the Multiverse.

If you're asking what caused the Big Bang, it was merely a rapid expansion of matter. (And yes, things do expand/explode without being caused by something. You don't see Gods hand making stars explode. They explode on their own.)
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:52:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If this multiverse of always existed and let say it takes 100 trillion years for our universe to evolve.
If this is true we should all be long gone, because "multiverse of always existed"
means it was here even 200 trilion years ago.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:55:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:52:06 PM, sal wrote:
If this multiverse of always existed and let say it takes 100 trillion years for our universe to evolve.
If this is true we should all be long gone, because "multiverse of always existed"
means it was here even 200 trilion years ago.

This makes no sense. Why would we be "long gone."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 12:56:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:53:51 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Parts of the Multiverse are omnipresent.

This statement is incoherent.

Deism, Deism, ^^

What?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 1:01:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:55:18 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:52:06 PM, sal wrote:
If this multiverse of always existed and let say it takes 100 trillion years for our universe to evolve.
If this is true we should all be long gone, because "multiverse of always existed"
means it was here even 200 trilion years ago.

This makes no sense. Why would we be "long gone."

Since it takes time for things to happen it must have taken time for our universe to evolve because it didn't pop into existance.
So lets say it takes 100 trillion years for our universe to evolve.(I just picked a large number, you could use any large number you want)
the "multiverse that always existed" had to have been there at least twice as long, since you say it always existed.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 2:40:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

Prove it.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 2:47:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

Geo, stop assigning certainty to incredibly controversial scientific subjects.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 2:47:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 2:47:04 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

Geo, stop assigning certainty to incredibly controversial scientific subjects.

Wow
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 2:51:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 2:47:04 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

Geo, stop assigning certainty to incredibly controversial scientific subjects.

Strawman. I never asserted certainty.

This thread is a continuation of a discussion we had earlier. He asked where everything came from and I explained that "new scientific theories assert a Multiverse."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 2:56:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 2:40:03 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

Prove it.

The scientific theories of a Multiverse posit that it is infinite.

(Btw, theories are based on evidence.)
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
whatledge
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 2:59:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 2:56:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 2:40:03 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

Prove it.

The scientific theories of a Multiverse posit that it is infinite.

(Btw, theories are based on evidence.)

Granted that Multiverses are real, why are they necessarily eternal?
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 3:00:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 2:51:49 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 2:47:04 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

Geo, stop assigning certainty to incredibly controversial scientific subjects.

Strawman. I never asserted certainty.

You made the absolute statement 'The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created'. There's really no way that could be interpreted other than certainty.

This thread is a continuation of a discussion we had earlier. He asked where everything came from and I explained that "new scientific theories assert a Multiverse."

So you didn't answer his question then?
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 3:05:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 2:56:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 2:40:03 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

Prove it.

The scientific theories of a Multiverse posit that it is infinite.

(Btw, theories are based on evidence.)

Which scientific theories?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 3:07:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 3:00:15 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 7/9/2010 2:51:49 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 2:47:04 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

Geo, stop assigning certainty to incredibly controversial scientific subjects.

Strawman. I never asserted certainty.

You made the absolute statement 'The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created'. There's really no way that could be interpreted other than certainty.

The Multiverse, by definition, is infinite. To say otherwise, is to assert a completely different and contradictory theory.

This thread is a continuation of a discussion we had earlier. He asked where everything came from and I explained that "new scientific theories assert a Multiverse."

So you didn't answer his question then?

I answered his question with the Multiverse. It is scientifically and philosophocally the most probable explanation as to what existed before the Big Bang.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 3:09:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think this question has to be answered before the multi verse can be explained
http://www.debate.org...
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 3:48:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 12:41:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sal

The Multiverse is eternal. It has no beginning and it wasn't created.

The problem (where does matter come from?) the 'Multiverse' theory trys to eliminate ONLY MULTIPLIES it!

A Universe has one problem, a multiverse has multiple problems!

Science CLEARLY states that the Universe is NOT eternal but had a beginnnig.
The Cross.. the Cross.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 4:17:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The question of how can the Universe be eternal is ridiculous.
Theists: You believe God is eternal, yet have absolutely no proof of his existance.
I believe the Universe/Multiverse is eternal because we have proof beyond argument that it DOES exist. The only scientific explanation for it's existance is that it is eternal.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 4:19:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
They have no problem believing in an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, eternal being but as soon as you say "eternal universe" they freak out... Something's not right there.... -__-
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 4:23:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/12/2010 4:17:06 PM, tvellalott wrote:
The question of how can the Universe be eternal is ridiculous.
Theists: You believe God is eternal, yet have absolutely no proof of his existance.
I believe the Universe/Multiverse is eternal because we have proof beyond argument that it DOES exist. The only scientific explanation for it's existance is that it is eternal.

WHICH scientific explanation says the universe is eternal? I'll wait.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 4:27:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/12/2010 3:48:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Science CLEARLY states that the Universe is NOT eternal but had a beginnnig.

Yes, about 13.75 billion years ago. Funny how you apply "science" selectively.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 4:35:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/12/2010 4:23:40 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/12/2010 4:17:06 PM, tvellalott wrote:
The question of how can the Universe be eternal is ridiculous.
Theists: You believe God is eternal, yet have absolutely no proof of his existance.
I believe the Universe/Multiverse is eternal because we have proof beyond argument that it DOES exist. The only scientific explanation for it's existance is that it is eternal.

WHICH scientific explanation says the universe is eternal? I'll wait.

NOTE: Crap, I spelt existence wrong. >_<

Why can't nothingness be eternal?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 4:48:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/12/2010 4:35:46 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 7/12/2010 4:23:40 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/12/2010 4:17:06 PM, tvellalott wrote:
The question of how can the Universe be eternal is ridiculous.
Theists: You believe God is eternal, yet have absolutely no proof of his existance.
I believe the Universe/Multiverse is eternal because we have proof beyond argument that it DOES exist. The only scientific explanation for it's existance is that it is eternal.

WHICH scientific explanation says the universe is eternal? I'll wait.

NOTE: Crap, I spelt existence wrong. >_<

Why can't nothingness be eternal?
Nothingness CAN be eternal, but in the case of our universe, it isn't, as we know it exists.
I miss the old members.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 4:49:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/12/2010 4:35:46 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 7/12/2010 4:23:40 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/12/2010 4:17:06 PM, tvellalott wrote:
The question of how can the Universe be eternal is ridiculous.
Theists: You believe God is eternal, yet have absolutely no proof of his existance.
I believe the Universe/Multiverse is eternal because we have proof beyond argument that it DOES exist. The only scientific explanation for it's existance is that it is eternal.

WHICH scientific explanation says the universe is eternal? I'll wait.

NOTE: Crap, I spelt existence wrong. >_<

Why can't nothingness be eternal?

Nothingness can't be anything because it's...nothing.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 4:50:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/12/2010 4:48:38 PM, Atheism wrote:
At 7/12/2010 4:35:46 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 7/12/2010 4:23:40 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/12/2010 4:17:06 PM, tvellalott wrote:
The question of how can the Universe be eternal is ridiculous.
Theists: You believe God is eternal, yet have absolutely no proof of his existance.
I believe the Universe/Multiverse is eternal because we have proof beyond argument that it DOES exist. The only scientific explanation for it's existance is that it is eternal.

WHICH scientific explanation says the universe is eternal? I'll wait.

NOTE: Crap, I spelt existence wrong. >_<

Why can't nothingness be eternal?
Nothingness CAN be eternal, but in the case of our universe, it isn't, as we know it exists.

Our Universe is relative to having anything in it (ie. planets, stars, etc...) The best theory we have concerning how anything came to be in it is the Big Bang. Before that, there was nothingness. That nothingness was eternal. Is there a problem with that logic?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 4:51:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/12/2010 4:49:57 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/12/2010 4:35:46 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 7/12/2010 4:23:40 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/12/2010 4:17:06 PM, tvellalott wrote:
The question of how can the Universe be eternal is ridiculous.
Theists: You believe God is eternal, yet have absolutely no proof of his existance.
I believe the Universe/Multiverse is eternal because we have proof beyond argument that it DOES exist. The only scientific explanation for it's existance is that it is eternal.

WHICH scientific explanation says the universe is eternal? I'll wait.

NOTE: Crap, I spelt existence wrong. >_<

Why can't nothingness be eternal?

Nothingness can't be anything because it's...nothing.
I think the question was made like this:Why can't there be nothingness(nothing) forever?
In which there would be nothing forever.
I miss the old members.