Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why study the bible?

DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 5:57:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.

http://tv.jw.org...

Yet, another festering boil of preaching from MadCornishHen dung heap of evangelism.

Great.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 6:30:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/16/2015 5:57:09 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.

http://tv.jw.org...

Yet, another festering boil of preaching from MadCornishHen dung heap of evangelism.

Great.

Lol, at least you keep me amused even if you do nothing else of use on here, lol
Pase66
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 6:36:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.

http://tv.jw.org...

"Why Study the Bible"
Reply: To enjoy a mediocre piece of fiction (if it is a fundamentalist reading, of course).
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.

http://tv.jw.org...

I agree with the video, but the words could've been more careful with "who controls the world?" It almost hinted as if Satan was more powerful and he was pulling the strings. God keeps the universe and the world stable for us, but what happens on the earth, God lets us do as we see fit (Romans 1). It is because of this that we are dangerous. The bible says we were made in the image of God and that means we are like him in the sense that we are able to control things, rule over people and have the moral capacity to decide. But this can even lead to the bad unfortunately as we now have war, famine and disease. My point is that God let us become sinners because we disobeyed back then, but that we are saved by the grace of God.

I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 6:35:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.

http://tv.jw.org...

I agree with the video, but the words could've been more careful with "who controls the world?" It almost hinted as if Satan was more powerful and he was pulling the strings. God keeps the universe and the world stable for us, but what happens on the earth, God lets us do as we see fit (Romans 1). It is because of this that we are dangerous. The bible says we were made in the image of God and that means we are like him in the sense that we are able to control things, rule over people and have the moral capacity to decide. But this can even lead to the bad unfortunately as we now have war, famine and disease. My point is that God let us become sinners because we disobeyed back then, but that we are saved by the grace of God.

I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The wording is correct, and whilst Satan is not more powerful, as his failure to win everyone over or to destroy people completely shows, he is currently allowed a lot of leeway to give him a fair chance to prove what he has claimed in front of all the Angels.

That is how true justice works.

Currently, to one degree or another he is effectively in control of billions of people, in fact, according to Christ, all but the 8,000,000 or so who are actively on Christ's side, and therefore his father's.

I can only suggest that you study the bible and see what it really says, either by taking up the offer of a bible study, or for the time being at least, making full use of the JWs three websites to see what you think of their teachings. After all that's what the sites are for.

All their current literature and videos are available to watch read or download on http://www.jw.org... in acct in the "featured" box on the home page there is a discussion of jut what yu are asking about, which may help. a direct link is http://www.jw.org...

You may enjoy that and can either read it, listen to it or download it in .pdf, or .mp3 format. at your leisure, plus, as you will see from the Language box in the top right corner, there is a drop down menu with a multitude of language version, most of which I had never even heard of before.

Enjoy, if you wish, it's free.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 6:36:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/16/2015 6:36:37 PM, Pase66 wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.

http://tv.jw.org...

"Why Study the Bible"
Reply: To enjoy a mediocre piece of fiction (if it is a fundamentalist reading, of course).

Except it's not fiction and it's not mediocre, other than that you are fairly close, lol.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps

Based on what I've learned from the doctrine, it simply means we don't earn salvation and it's given to us as a gift we need to accept in order to have it. They believe that we can't be perfect no matter how hard we try, but that we need Christ because of His undying love.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 8:28:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.

http://tv.jw.org...

1. To fill in gaps, some that don't even exist anymore thanks to modern science.

2. Because I was going to read harry potter, but that stuff is full of magic, which is Satanic, so I'll just read about God magically poofing everything into existence.

3. Because I'm too stupid to think for myself.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 12:00:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps

Based on what I've learned from the doctrine, it simply means we don't earn salvation and it's given to us as a gift we need to accept in order to have it. They believe that we can't be perfect no matter how hard we try, but that we need Christ because of His undying love.

That is perfectly correct, however, if you really have true faith you will do works that demonstrate it, and you will be obedient to God and Christ.

Once you learn to love God and Christ properly you will find you simply can't help yourself.

Anyone who does not have works of faith, has no real faith to begin with, just inactive belief.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 12:00:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/17/2015 8:42:36 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Harry Potter is a better read than the Bible and is a credible!

In your fantasy world maybe, but in reality only the bible is truly beneficial.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 12:07:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/17/2015 8:28:44 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.

http://tv.jw.org...

1. To fill in gaps, some that don't even exist anymore thanks to modern science.


It is true that science fills in many of the gaps that the creation account doesn't, but that is because they are simply explaining how God did things even if they don't realise it.

Still if you really can think for yourself you will realise how accurate Genesis 1 really is in what little detail it does give us.

2. Because I was going to read harry potter, but that stuff is full of magic, which is Satanic, so I'll just read about God magically poofing everything into existence.


God did not magically "poof" anything into existence, it was all done slowly and carefully, over many millennia, though the bile gives no idea of how long it took him to create "the heavens and the earth" it was obviously far from instant.

His work of creation was done as patiently, and permanently, as his work of proving Satan wrong then destroying him is being carried out.

3. Because I'm too stupid to think for myself.

If you can't think for yourself you will find no evidence of scripture, only those of us who can ever break free from Satan's brainwashing.

Satan hates and persecutes any who think for themselves, God just persuades us..
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 12:08:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.

http://tv.jw.org...

John 7
13: Yet for fear of the Jews no one spoke openly of him.
14: About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and taught.
15: The Jews marveled at it, saying, "How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?"
16: So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me;
17: if any man's will is to do his will, he shall know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.
18: He who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but he who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.

None of us saints had to study the Bible.

John 14
24: He who does not love me does not keep my words; and the word which you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

1 John 2
27: but the anointing which you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that any one should teach you; as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie, just as it has taught you, abide in him.


John 12
49: For I have not spoken on my own authority; the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what to say and what to speak.
50: And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has bidden me."

Psalm 32
8: I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

Those who have to study the Bible do NOT know our Creator.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 12:37:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/17/2015 12:00:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps

Based on what I've learned from the doctrine, it simply means we don't earn salvation and it's given to us as a gift we need to accept in order to have it. They believe that we can't be perfect no matter how hard we try, but that we need Christ because of His undying love.

That is perfectly correct, however, if you really have true faith you will do works that demonstrate it, and you will be obedient to God and Christ.

Once you learn to love God and Christ properly you will find you simply can't help yourself.

Anyone who does not have works of faith, has no real faith to begin with, just inactive belief.

Show us your works!!! All we see is a serial adulterer who was dumped by his wife for abandoning family and seeking anal and oral sex along with spiritual fantasies. You should stop preaching and separate yourself from true believers. You have brought shame on your family, friends and religious cult the JW. We accept you could not help yourself once you indulged in depravity.
You cannot justify your lustful perverted weakness by immersion in the scriptures right after you pull your face out of someone's butt. You might want to finish the rest of your confession while your memory is still fresh with the the stench of fecal matter . Then fade away. You have caused enough damage already.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 1:07:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/17/2015 12:07:58 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 8:28:44 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.

http://tv.jw.org...

1. To fill in gaps, some that don't even exist anymore thanks to modern science.


It is true that science fills in many of the gaps that the creation account doesn't, but that is because they are simply explaining how God did things even if they don't realise it.

Science does not fill in the gaps. It forms hypotheses. If they pass experiments, they become theories. But no matter how much testing it endures or how much evidence for it there is, it doesnt accept anything as %100 proven.

Still if you really can think for yourself you will realise how accurate Genesis 1 really is in what little detail it does give us.

I do think for myself. And can creationism be tested?

2. Because I was going to read harry potter, but that stuff is full of magic, which is Satanic, so I'll just read about God magically poofing everything into existence.


God did not magically "poof" anything into existence, it was all done slowly and carefully, over many millennia, though the bile gives no idea of how long it took him to create "the heavens and the earth" it was obviously far from instant.

That doesnt make it not poofing it into existence. If it wasnt magic then what was it?


His work of creation was done as patiently, and permanently, as his work of proving Satan wrong then destroying him is being carried out.

There is no proof that such a thing is to come.

3. Because I'm too stupid to think for myself.

If you can't think for yourself you will find no evidence of scripture, only those of us who can ever break free from Satan's brainwashing.

No, that's BS. If you can't think for yourself you'll just blatantly label everything as evidence of scripture. Atheism is what happens when you think for yourself and start to believe things for less biased reasons.

Satan hates and persecutes any who think for themselves, God just persuades us..

See? That's another gap you're filling in that because of modern science, JUST ISNT THERE
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:30:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/17/2015 12:00:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps

Based on what I've learned from the doctrine, it simply means we don't earn salvation and it's given to us as a gift we need to accept in order to have it. They believe that we can't be perfect no matter how hard we try, but that we need Christ because of His undying love.

That is perfectly correct, however, if you really have true faith you will do works that demonstrate it, and you will be obedient to God and Christ.

Once you learn to love God and Christ properly you will find you simply can't help yourself.

Anyone who does not have works of faith, has no real faith to begin with, just inactive belief.

Exactly. Which is why I just consider your statement, that of a Christian and not Jehovah witness. Our faith is what matters, not how we identify ourselves.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 8:40:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/17/2015 3:30:01 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 12:00:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps

Based on what I've learned from the doctrine, it simply means we don't earn salvation and it's given to us as a gift we need to accept in order to have it. They believe that we can't be perfect no matter how hard we try, but that we need Christ because of His undying love.

That is perfectly correct, however, if you really have true faith you will do works that demonstrate it, and you will be obedient to God and Christ.

Once you learn to love God and Christ properly you will find you simply can't help yourself.

Anyone who does not have works of faith, has no real faith to begin with, just inactive belief.

Exactly. Which is why I just consider your statement, that of a Christian and not Jehovah witness. Our faith is what matters, not how we identify ourselves.

Since Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true followers of Christ the saying statement should be considered as both.

Doing God's will is what matters, and that is how God and Christ identify us Matthew 7:21-23.

The only ones on this earth doing God's will are the JWs.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 9:18:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/17/2015 12:07:58 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 8:28:44 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.

http://tv.jw.org...

1. To fill in gaps, some that don't even exist anymore thanks to modern science.


It is true that science fills in many of the gaps that the creation account doesn't, but that is because they are simply explaining how God did things even if they don't realise it.

Lol. Sorry, but you would have to actually understand how science works and what scientists are explaining before making an attempt to explain to us what science is doing, which is certainly not aligned with your religious delusions.

Still if you really can think for yourself you will realise how accurate Genesis 1 really is in what little detail it does give us.

You are incapable of thinking, let alone thinking for yourself.

2. Because I was going to read harry potter, but that stuff is full of magic, which is Satanic, so I'll just read about God magically poofing everything into existence.


God did not magically "poof" anything into existence, it was all done slowly and carefully, over many millennia, though the bile gives no idea of how long it took him to create "the heavens and the earth" it was obviously far from instant.

Notice that the believer will make up fabrications about what the Bible is supposed to be telling us about creation and then immediately tell us the Bible really does not tell us what he is telling us. Insane much?

His work of creation was done as patiently, and permanently, as his work of proving Satan wrong then destroying him is being carried out.

Gibberish.

3. Because I'm too stupid to think for myself.

If you can't think for yourself you will find no evidence of scripture...

if you really can think for yourself you will realise how accurate Genesis 1 really is...

Satan hates and persecutes any who think for themselves,

LOL. Beautiful contradictions.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 10:09:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/18/2015 8:40:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 3:30:01 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 12:00:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


Since Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true followers of Christ the saying statement should be considered as both.

Doing God's will is what matters, and that is how God and Christ identify us Matthew 7:21-23.

The only ones on this earth doing God's will are the JWs.

"God's will" certainly must have entailed a bunch of BS along the way.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 10:26:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/18/2015 8:40:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 3:30:01 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 12:00:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps

Based on what I've learned from the doctrine, it simply means we don't earn salvation and it's given to us as a gift we need to accept in order to have it. They believe that we can't be perfect no matter how hard we try, but that we need Christ because of His undying love.

That is perfectly correct, however, if you really have true faith you will do works that demonstrate it, and you will be obedient to God and Christ.

Once you learn to love God and Christ properly you will find you simply can't help yourself.

Anyone who does not have works of faith, has no real faith to begin with, just inactive belief.

Exactly. Which is why I just consider your statement, that of a Christian and not Jehovah witness. Our faith is what matters, not how we identify ourselves.

Since Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true followers of Christ the saying statement should be considered as both.

Doing God's will is what matters, and that is how God and Christ identify us Matthew 7:21-23.

The only ones on this earth doing God's will are the JWs.
The only way to tell if what you follow is the truth is to heed the words. As you sow so shall you reap. Now look at what you have reaped. You have been dumped by family and friends, you suffer from depressions, you are alone and forced to live with animals. You see, you have been judged for your transgressions and have reaped the scorn of God. If your faith was pure you would not be where you are today...despised, alone and muttering verses of the bible after you have been judged and punished. It is too late, you should have considered the consequence before and lived accordingly. It is time to accept your unenviable situation and move on past your guilt to real treatment for your sorry mental condition. What you lost ain't coming back. Prayer is regret. It is too late for even that.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 10:29:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If the JWs are the only ones doing the will of the deity, it just goes to show the deity is totally corrupt!
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 11:35:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/18/2015 8:40:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 3:30:01 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 12:00:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps

Based on what I've learned from the doctrine, it simply means we don't earn salvation and it's given to us as a gift we need to accept in order to have it. They believe that we can't be perfect no matter how hard we try, but that we need Christ because of His undying love.

That is perfectly correct, however, if you really have true faith you will do works that demonstrate it, and you will be obedient to God and Christ.

Once you learn to love God and Christ properly you will find you simply can't help yourself.

Anyone who does not have works of faith, has no real faith to begin with, just inactive belief.

Exactly. Which is why I just consider your statement, that of a Christian and not Jehovah witness. Our faith is what matters, not how we identify ourselves.

Since Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true followers of Christ the saying statement should be considered as both.

Doing God's will is what matters, and that is how God and Christ identify us Matthew 7:21-23.

The only ones on this earth doing God's will are the JWs.

And God's will is that we believe in Christ as savior and that we share the gospel "good news".
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:28:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/18/2015 8:40:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 3:30:01 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 12:00:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps

Based on what I've learned from the doctrine, it simply means we don't earn salvation and it's given to us as a gift we need to accept in order to have it. They believe that we can't be perfect no matter how hard we try, but that we need Christ because of His undying love.

That is perfectly correct, however, if you really have true faith you will do works that demonstrate it, and you will be obedient to God and Christ.

Once you learn to love God and Christ properly you will find you simply can't help yourself.

Anyone who does not have works of faith, has no real faith to begin with, just inactive belief.

Exactly. Which is why I just consider your statement, that of a Christian and not Jehovah witness. Our faith is what matters, not how we identify ourselves.

Since Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true followers of Christ the saying statement should be considered as both.

Doing God's will is what matters, and that is how God and Christ identify us Matthew 7:21-23.

The only ones on this earth doing God's will are the JWs.

It's obvious you don't understand what this statement "thy will be done" means.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:42:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/18/2015 12:28:18 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/18/2015 8:40:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 3:30:01 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 12:00:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps

Based on what I've learned from the doctrine, it simply means we don't earn salvation and it's given to us as a gift we need to accept in order to have it. They believe that we can't be perfect no matter how hard we try, but that we need Christ because of His undying love.

That is perfectly correct, however, if you really have true faith you will do works that demonstrate it, and you will be obedient to God and Christ.

Once you learn to love God and Christ properly you will find you simply can't help yourself.

Anyone who does not have works of faith, has no real faith to begin with, just inactive belief.

Exactly. Which is why I just consider your statement, that of a Christian and not Jehovah witness. Our faith is what matters, not how we identify ourselves.

Since Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true followers of Christ the saying statement should be considered as both.

Doing God's will is what matters, and that is how God and Christ identify us Matthew 7:21-23.

The only ones on this earth doing God's will are the JWs.

It's obvious you don't understand what this statement "thy will be done" means.

We understand what God's will is when he sends you and MAD to the dog house. What you see is what you got from God. And we are here to remind you what you got from God was not a gift or reward. You got sent to the dog house so you two would be alone and miserable for the rest of your days. Preaching won't change your situation. What you sowed you are reaping. You have been separated from the true believers. They live in mansions, you got the dog house.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 6:06:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/18/2015 12:42:44 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/18/2015 12:28:18 PM, bornofgod wrote:

It's obvious you don't understand what this statement "thy will be done" means.

We understand what God's will is when he sends you and MAD to the dog house. What you see is what you got from God. And we are here to remind you what you got from God was not a gift or reward. You got sent to the dog house so you two would be alone and miserable for the rest of your days. Preaching won't change your situation. What you sowed you are reaping. You have been separated from the true believers. They live in mansions, you got the dog house.

Lol, again you have no understanding.

He has not sent me to the doghouse, that was the work of men,. However he allowed it for his own reasons, but he has made sure that I know I'm not in the doghouse any loner in his eyes.

I doubt any of them live in mansions, lol, and none get's more spiritual food than I because there is plenty of it spread across the 3 web sites. They get theirs from scripture as I do. I simply continue to compare their findings with mine, as I always have.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 6:18:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/18/2015 11:35:12 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/18/2015 8:40:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 3:30:01 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 12:00:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps

Based on what I've learned from the doctrine, it simply means we don't earn salvation and it's given to us as a gift we need to accept in order to have it. They believe that we can't be perfect no matter how hard we try, but that we need Christ because of His undying love.

That is perfectly correct, however, if you really have true faith you will do works that demonstrate it, and you will be obedient to God and Christ.

Once you learn to love God and Christ properly you will find you simply can't help yourself.

Anyone who does not have works of faith, has no real faith to begin with, just inactive belief.

Exactly. Which is why I just consider your statement, that of a Christian and not Jehovah witness. Our faith is what matters, not how we identify ourselves.

Since Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true followers of Christ the saying statement should be considered as both.

Doing God's will is what matters, and that is how God and Christ identify us Matthew 7:21-23.

The only ones on this earth doing God's will are the JWs.

And God's will is that we believe in Christ as savior and that we share the gospel "good news".

Not quite, if you read scripture carefully you will find that throughout the Christian Greek Scriptures it tells that Salvation comes from Jehovah God, through Christ. not from Christ.

Christ is not our salvation, he is the means by which God provides our salvation.

That is just one of the ways Satan threw confusion into the Churches with the ridiculous Trinity teaching. The moment you start to think of Jehovah and Christ as being one, you get the question wrong, let alone the answer.

The only ones currently doing so are the JWs. Most don;t even know the basics, the true relationship between father and son for instance.

That is all a part of the Good News, and you can't have the good news without knowing the truth about God and Christ, as well as holy spirit.

Of course there is also the equally unscriptural "immortal soul" teaching to deal with.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 6:19:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/18/2015 10:29:47 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the JWs are the only ones doing the will of the deity, it just goes to show the deity is totally corrupt!

No, it just shows that you are determined to fail to understand since you don;t understand the will of God or how it works out for our benefit in the long term.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 6:21:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/18/2015 10:26:57 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/18/2015 8:40:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 3:30:01 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 12:00:06 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/17/2015 7:44:45 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/17/2015 6:46:32 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/16/2015 7:16:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/16/2015 5:41:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I'm gong to let this 3 minute 40 second video answer that.


I do have a question since MadCornishBiker, this is a reply to you.

1. Why do you identify as mad? Isn't anger a sin and something you must try to tame even though it breaks out at times?

Not mad in the sense of angry, lol, mad in the sense that many people say I am, lol, it's a bit of irony really. A bit of poking fun at myself.


2. Does it matter if somebody does or doesn't identify as a Jehovah's witness? Is this a salvation issue?

It only matters if God and Christ consider you to be one. In the end it is only their opinion that matters.

However since being obedient to God and Christ means, being united, meeting together to encourage one another, and "feasting at Jehovah's table" for spiritual food, then it is hard to identify yourself as a follower of God and Christ without identifying yourself as one.

Even though I am disfellowshipped, most think of me as one, and my teachings are my identifying mark, which they should be.

The fact is that I may not be one in human eyes at the moment, but I am in God's and that is what counts. However I know that, in Jehovah's time, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back".


3. What is your opinion on Lutheran doctrine? I don't identify as a Lutheran, but i'm curious of your view.

The same as it is of all doctrines other than that which comes from a true understanding of scripture and the accurate representation of teh teachings of Christ and the Apostles. All such groups are viewed by God and Christ as Apostate, and worthy of destruction as part of Babylon the Great.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is not what you claim to be that matters, it is what you prove yourself to be, by your teachings and actions, that counts, as Jesus shows above.

I hope that helps

Based on what I've learned from the doctrine, it simply means we don't earn salvation and it's given to us as a gift we need to accept in order to have it. They believe that we can't be perfect no matter how hard we try, but that we need Christ because of His undying love.

That is perfectly correct, however, if you really have true faith you will do works that demonstrate it, and you will be obedient to God and Christ.

Once you learn to love God and Christ properly you will find you simply can't help yourself.

Anyone who does not have works of faith, has no real faith to begin with, just inactive belief.

Exactly. Which is why I just consider your statement, that of a Christian and not Jehovah witness. Our faith is what matters, not how we identify ourselves.

Since Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true followers of Christ the saying statement should be considered as both.

Doing God's will is what matters, and that is how God and Christ identify us Matthew 7:21-23.

The only ones on this earth doing God's will are the JWs.
The only way to tell if what you follow is the truth is to heed the words. As you sow so shall you reap. Now look at what you have reaped. You have been dumped by family and friends, you suffer from depressions, you are alone and forced to live with animals. You see, you have been judged for your transgressions and have reaped the scorn of God. If your faith was pure you would not be where you are today...despised, alone and muttering verses of the bible after you have been judged and punished. It is too late, you should have considered the consequence before and lived accordingly. It is time to accept your unenviable situation and move on past your guilt to real treatment for your sorry mental condition. What you lost ain't coming back. Prayer is regret. It is too late for even that.

None of that says anything about whether or not God and Christ have judged me, as you would know if you knew anything about God and scripture.