Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

Even if theres an afterife, what's the point?

GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 9:45:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Wouldn't you eventually be so bored that not having eternal life wouldn't seem so bad? What would you do in heaven? Even though you would have eternity to accomplish your goals, aren't goals supposed to be timed? What if the idea of an afterlife is all just a lie told by nomads who wanted to find a way to keep people mentally enslaved through positive reinforcement (the promise of heaven) and negative reinforcement (the threat of hell?)

You'd get bored in either at some point. With hell, there's fire and torture and doing the same thing for eternity. With heaven, there's bowing down to God like a beliebitard would to Justin Bieber and... uh... doing the same thing for eternity. So, why does it matter which one you go to? And why do they have to be the only two options? I guess God just thinks that's funny.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 7:05:01 PM
At 2/16/2015 9:45:56 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
Wouldn't you eventually be so bored that not having eternal life wouldn't seem so bad? What would you do in heaven? Even though you would have eternity to accomplish your goals, aren't goals supposed to be timed? What if the idea of an afterlife is all just a lie told by nomads who wanted to find a way to keep people mentally enslaved through positive reinforcement (the promise of heaven) and negative reinforcement (the threat of hell?)

No, learning and or interests never get old and there is always something to learn, could you ever imagine getting sick of your passions?? I play and record music and have many interests so I know there is NO end to creativity perhaps you can see that in life there is so much information it's sick, not to mention we don't even know a fraction of it. This life on Earth doesn't even come close to maximizing our minds or desires. On top of that life doesn't end here even in scripture, God could create until His heart is content there would always be something new, I don't understand your mentality.

You'd get bored in either at some point. With hell, there's fire and torture and doing the same thing for eternity. With heaven, there's bowing down to God like a beliebitard would to Justin Bieber and... uh... doing the same thing for eternity. So, why does it matter which one you go to? And why do they have to be the only two options? I guess God just thinks that's funny.

Would you ever get sick of loving your spouse? I hope not and that is the same with God, God is a Person and that love and admiration never changes, rather grows and gets stronger......even for eternity.

There are only two options....life with or without God, in the end you are either with or without God what other option would you suggest?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 7:27:40 PM
1 Corinthians 2
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 11:07:01 PM
At 2/16/2015 9:45:56 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:

Our Creator has taught me how we'll experience life in the next age after this world is destroyed. It's so incredible that we'll never understand what boredom means.