Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

The real reason J W's call at your door.

Kreakin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:22:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ever noticed how when Jehovah's Witnesses call it is always with a young member of their group?
They are not there to convince you to join, they know you wont. Who ever got a doorstep conversion...
They are there so you can ask questions and the new member can answer his own doubts reinforcing his belief, you are helping them indoctrinate this poor sap.
Next time they call just point this out and maybe you will save the poor nub from being brainwashed.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:26:24 PM
At 2/17/2015 2:22:52 PM, Kreakin wrote:
Ever noticed how when Jehovah's Witnesses call it is always with a young member of their group?
They are not there to convince you to join, they know you wont. Who ever got a doorstep conversion...
They are there so you can ask questions and the new member can answer his own doubts reinforcing his belief, you are helping them indoctrinate this poor sap.
Next time they call just point this out and maybe you will save the poor nub from being brainwashed.

That's not true at all .... none of it.

They are there because they are scared shitless about their fictional yet-future Armageddon - and part of it is their belief that if YOU do not become a JW, you will not survive it. The greater reason is that if they aren't out preaching BotchTower nonsense, THEY won't survive it either.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:49:55 PM

I would enjoy a doorstep conversation with anyone seeking to convert me, but the few times someone has come by they seem to shrink in horror when I mention I'm an atheist. The conversation is over fairly quickly. I believe the last group at my door was LDS, so this may not be relevant to JWs.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 2:58:01 PM
At 2/17/2015 2:28:53 PM, Kreakin wrote:
The indocrinated believe that, the nubs are not so sure. This is a way to compound that belief.

The "nubs", as you style it, are not out knocking doors. They are back at the kingdom hall being brainwashed and told not to read "apostate literature".
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:00:09 PM
At 2/17/2015 2:49:55 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

I would enjoy a doorstep conversation with anyone seeking to convert me, but the few times someone has come by they seem to shrink in horror when I mention I'm an atheist. The conversation is over fairly quickly. I believe the last group at my door was LDS, so this may not be relevant to JWs.

It's about the same difference: JW's, LDS, 7th-Day Adventists
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:02:15 PM

There is a big difference between being an atheist and being a lost soul. You must come across as the latter which is a conversation breaker.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:04:26 PM
At 2/17/2015 2:58:01 PM, annanicole wrote:
The indocrinated believe that, the nubs are not so sure. This is a way to compound that belief.

The "nubs", as you style it, are not out knocking doors. They are back at the kingdom hall being brainwashed and told not to read "apostate literature".

They still call people apostates? Lol.
What do they think of Buddhism or Voodoo?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:07:45 PM
At 2/17/2015 3:04:26 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

They would them just "false religions", as would I. Their definition of "apostate", however = anyone who is not following current BotchTower teachings.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:10:49 PM
At 2/17/2015 3:07:45 PM, annanicole wrote:

They would them just "false religions", as would I. Their definition of "apostate", however = anyone who is not following current BotchTower teachings.

Ahh.. what makes my faith false and yours true?
Oh that makes sense. Last time I heard that word used was to describe a mage.
TUF, and YYW
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:11:51 PM
At 2/17/2015 3:02:15 PM, Harikrish wrote:

There is a big difference between being an atheist and being a lost soul. You must come across as the latter which is a conversation breaker.

Perhaps, or possibly they prefer to have conversations with someone who has not examined their convictions.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:15:07 PM
At 2/17/2015 3:10:49 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

I have no idea. I do not know what your "faith", if any, happens to be.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:15:39 PM
At 2/17/2015 3:00:09 PM, annanicole wrote:

Could be, I have had a lot more exposure to LDS than JWs. The only time I have ever had a face to face conversation with a JW was when I was a teenager and actually a theist myself.

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:17:27 PM
At 2/17/2015 3:15:07 PM, annanicole wrote:

Oh. I'm a Buddhist.
TUF, and YYW
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:18:25 PM

I love when they call on me, I get to teach them. It is always good fun. That said, I have never had a Mormon come to my home. I look forward to that day.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:20:44 PM
At 2/17/2015 3:15:39 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Could be, I have had a lot more exposure to LDS than JWs. The only time I have ever had a face to face conversation with a JW was when I was a teenager and actually a theist myself.

I always ask them, "Are you hear to study, be taught, or both ... or just to try to teach?" If they want to teach only, it usually doesn't go too well.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 3:35:17 PM
At 2/17/2015 3:20:44 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/17/2015 3:15:39 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

I always ask them, "Are you hear to study, be taught, or both ... or just to try to teach?" If they want to teach only, it usually doesn't go too well.

If someone is not open to the possibility they are wrong, then conversation is a waste of time. I try to be open minded, and expect the same from my conversation mates. Well...as much as possible anyway -- obviously the police officer may not be open minded to the possibility I wasn't speeding... ;-)

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:00:29 PM
At 2/17/2015 3:17:27 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Oh. I'm a Buddhist.

... and you can't outright state that voodoo-ism is a false religion?
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:02:20 PM
At 2/17/2015 4:00:29 PM, annanicole wrote:

Oh. I'm a Buddhist.

Nope
I have no proof
TUF, and YYW
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:05:20 PM

Oh that makes sense. Last time I heard that word used was to describe a mage.

Lol Dragon Age... Something tells me that all of the JW play as Templars.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:09:40 PM
At 2/17/2015 4:02:20 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 2/17/2015 4:00:29 PM, annanicole wrote:

Oh. I'm a Buddhist.

Nope
I have no proof

Then u should try some voo-doo and see how it works for you.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:51:19 PM

Oh, so it's for that! Really? I always open them the door with nothing but a towel around my waist. Now I see why it has never worked... They keep coming though. Maybe they are also reinforcing their heterosexuality? Oh they are really playing with fire!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 2:18:56 AM

I don't think so. If they are trusted to go out door-knocking then they are already well indoctrinated. It could be training though. You know, getting them used to handling objections and steering the conversation.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 5:43:58 AM
I will not engage JWs in debate on the doorstep. If they have the temerity to knock on our front door, I point to the 'No cold callers' notice, and close the door.
Kreakin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 6:26:38 AM
Strangely two JW's have just visited, I think they are watching me ::paranoid::
It was a mid twenties guy and a boy about 10. The kid was so nervous but he asked, "How do I view the Bible?" "Is it, a book of human wisdom, a book of myth and legends or the word of God?" "Most people think it is a book of myths".

I said that it is many different things to many different people. I would have to look at when it was written to know who wrote it and make my mind up based on that.
The kid looked a bit perplexed and said, "Would you take a leaflet?", so I said "Of course". They left the kid looking a bit unsure and the guy smiling.

It would have been cruel to have challenged a child when he was so anxious, so a skilled manipulation by them.