Does God have a name?

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:12:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/17/2015 3:49:48 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Again am going to let a short video answer for me.

http://www.jw.org...

Why did so many translators remove it?

What were they hiding?

Not a single translator "removed" the name. If so, name the translation and the Greek text(s) they from which they translated.

Perhaps the name Jehovah should have been there ... but wasn't ... due to many, varied, and constant errors made by inspired men. Jesus didn't know any better. Neither did Peter, Luke, John, or Paul.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Pase66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 5:57:58 PM

What were they hiding?

Probably not.
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 10:57:02 PM

What were they hiding?

Our Creator only needs symbolic worldly names. When He came into my mind on December 7th, 1979, all He said was, "I AM YOUR CREATOR". He never needed to say His name again because I instantly knew Him every time He gave me a command to obey. Now that I've been speaking for Him, I can use all kinds of symbolic names that He doesn't mind me using such as God, Creator, King, Lord, Savior, Designer, and Master Designer. Since I speak English, I only need to use English names. All the other names that God's people use such as Allah, Dios, etc. are good enough for our Creator.

People who get hung up on the name of our Creator have no idea who He is.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:17:06 AM

What were they hiding?

The tetragram in Hebrew according to Hebrew custom is apparently too holy to pronounce and according to the Jewish Mishnah, anyone who tries to pronounce it has no part in "the world to come"

reference... http://www.compellingtruth.org...

It is possible that human respect for the Hebrew custom and belief caused translators to translate YHWH as LORD rather then disrespect the Jewish tradition of not having the letters audibly spoken due to it being far too holy.

Jehovahs witnesses obviously greatly disrespect that Jewish tradition. They disrespect the tetragram so much that they use it as a common word in their own bible and even claim the name it as part of their own.
In effect they are taking and using the Lords name in vain.

http://www.bible-researcher.com...

The tetragram letters in ancient Hebrew actually tell a story if you study the meaning of each letter.
YHWH
The letters in Hebrew are yod, hey, vav, and hey,

Individually this is what the symbols represented in ancient Hebrew....
YOD - The symbol resembles a hand. It symbolizes anything you do with your hands, creating, making, giving, receiving, throwing away. etc http://www.ancient-hebrew.org...

HEY - The symbol resembles a man with raised arms. It symbolizes a man trying to get your attention to show you something.. http://www.ancient-hebrew.org...

VAV- The symbol resembles a tent peg . It symbolizes a strong foundation, security, stability. http://www.ancient-hebrew.org...

When you understand the original representations of the symbols and what they represent when put together, it makes the tetragram most fascinating.

Biblical Hebrew E-Magazine - Ancient Hebrew Research Center
Both "yah" and "yahu" are two different forms of the tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH), the name of God. The root of YHWH as well as Yah and Yahu is היה literally meaning "to breath".

To the ancient Hebrews, only that which can be perceived through the senses (sight, feeling, hearing, smell or taste) is believed to exist.
This is why the ancients usually erected statues of a god. When Moses asked God "who should I tell them has sent me?" God said, tell them "ehyeh asher ehyeh" has sent you. While this phrase is commonly translated as "I am who I am" it is better understood as "I breathe and I have breath". In the Hebrew mind that which "exists" has breath, this can be a god, man, animal or even a mountain. The breath (often translated as spirit) is the character of an individual or object. God may not be seen but he is breath and does exist.

When each of these components are combined the name means "my God is Yah". But as the word אל (el) means power and authority יהוה means "to have breath", we can see the meaning "My authority is the one who has breath".

http://www.myjewishlearning.com...

What does the name mean? In Exodus 3:14-15 the name is associated with the idea of "being," and hence some have understood the original meaning to be "He-Who-Is," or "He who brings being into being."

My own thoughts are that if the ancient Jews believed that only that which they could sense though their own natural senses existed and they believed in any God, then the God they believed in was not some invisible supernatural character but was rather something they could all see feel hear smell and taste.

If that "God" "YHWH" could be seen and felt and heard by them then the same YHWH can still be felt and seen and heard today.

What you do with your hands is felt with your hands. That is the YOD.

What you show to others do and say to get their attention is the raising of the arms or raising of awareness or raising a riot. That is the HEY.. "Hey you! I want to show you something. "

What you put down as a foundation will only stand and remain stable and endure the winds and storms if your tent peg is on solid ground. If not then your tent will blow away due to lack of strength in the foundation.
That is the VAV. If your VAV ( foundation) is strong, you will not waver.

Building a belief on an invisible character which cannot be seen or felt or heard in reality is building on a weak foundation. It would be better to use the wind itself as your foundation since that is at least self evident and can be felt and heard and its affects can be clearly seen.

YHWH in the minds of ancient Jews represented that which they could experience in reality through reality.
It was never a representation of some invisible person in the sky. The symbols all represent physical actions and attributes of humans and nature.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:28:17 AM
I apologize for all the numbers under the
Biblical Hebrew E-Magazine - Ancient Hebrew Research Center in post 5 above.
It ended up like that due to the copy and paste.
I have no clue why it posted like that. It didn't look like that in the preview.
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:30:56 AM
At 2/18/2015 12:17:06 AM, Skyangel wrote:

What were they hiding?

The tetragram in Hebrew according to Hebrew custom is apparently too holy to pronounce and according to the Jewish Mishnah, anyone who tries to pronounce it has no part in "the world to come"

reference... http://www.compellingtruth.org...

It is possible that human respect for the Hebrew custom and belief caused translators to translate YHWH as LORD rather then disrespect the Jewish tradition of not having the letters audibly spoken due to it being far too holy.

Jehovahs witnesses obviously greatly disrespect that Jewish tradition. They disrespect the tetragram so much that they use it as a common word in their own bible and even claim the name it as part of their own.
In effect they are taking and using the Lords name in vain.

http://www.bible-researcher.com...

The tetragram letters in ancient Hebrew actually tell a story if you study the meaning of each letter.
YHWH
The letters in Hebrew are yod, hey, vav, and hey,

Individually this is what the symbols represented in ancient Hebrew....
YOD - The symbol resembles a hand. It symbolizes anything you do with your hands, creating, making, giving, receiving, throwing away. etc http://www.ancient-hebrew.org...

HEY - The symbol resembles a man with raised arms. It symbolizes a man trying to get your attention to show you something.. http://www.ancient-hebrew.org...

VAV- The symbol resembles a tent peg . It symbolizes a strong foundation, security, stability. http://www.ancient-hebrew.org...

When you understand the original representations of the symbols and what they represent when put together, it makes the tetragram most fascinating.

Biblical Hebrew E-Magazine - Ancient Hebrew Research Center
Both "yah" and "yahu" are two different forms of the tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH), the name of God. The root of YHWH as well as Yah and Yahu is היה literally meaning "to breath".

To the ancient Hebrews, only that which can be perceived through the senses (sight, feeling, hearing, smell or taste) is believed to exist.
This is why the ancients usually erected statues of a god. When Moses asked God "who should I tell them has sent me?" God said, tell them "ehyeh asher ehyeh" has sent you. While this phrase is commonly translated as "I am who I am" it is better understood as "I breathe and I have breath". In the Hebrew mind that which "exists" has breath, this can be a god, man, animal or even a mountain. The breath (often translated as spirit) is the character of an individual or object. God may not be seen but he is breath and does exist.

When each of these components are combined the name means "my God is Yah". But as the word אל (el) means power and authority יהוה means "to have breath", we can see the meaning "My authority is the one who has breath".

http://www.myjewishlearning.com...

What does the name mean? In Exodus 3:14-15 the name is associated with the idea of "being," and hence some have understood the original meaning to be "He-Who-Is," or "He who brings being into being."

My own thoughts are that if the ancient Jews believed that only that which they could sense though their own natural senses existed and they believed in any God, then the God they believed in was not some invisible supernatural character but was rather something they could all see feel hear smell and taste.

If that "God" "YHWH" could be seen and felt and heard by them then the same YHWH can still be felt and seen and heard today.

What you do with your hands is felt with your hands. That is the YOD.

What you show to others do and say to get their attention is the raising of the arms or raising of awareness or raising a riot. That is the HEY.. "Hey you! I want to show you something. "

What you put down as a foundation will only stand and remain stable and endure the winds and storms if your tent peg is on solid ground. If not then your tent will blow away due to lack of strength in the foundation.
That is the VAV. If your VAV ( foundation) is strong, you will not waver.

Building a belief on an invisible character which cannot be seen or felt or heard in reality is building on a weak foundation. It would be better to use the wind itself as your foundation since that is at least self evident and can be felt and heard and its affects can be clearly seen.

YHWH in the minds of ancient Jews represented that which they could experience in reality through reality.
It was never a representation of some invisible person in the sky. The symbols all represent physical actions and attributes of humans and nature.

the name of God is Father:
Isaiah 63:16
For thou art our father, and Abraham hath not known us, and Israel hath been ignorant of us: thou, O Lord, art our father, our redeemer, from everlasting is thy name.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:43:07 AM
At 2/18/2015 12:30:56 AM, Bendido wrote:

For thou art our father, and Abraham hath not known us, and Israel hath been ignorant of us: thou, O Lord, art our father, our redeemer, from everlasting is thy name.

Is your natural fathers name also father or does he have an actual name like Peter Pan or Clark Kent or something like that?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:51:35 AM
At 2/18/2015 12:28:17 AM, Skyangel wrote:
I have no clue why it posted like that. It didn't look like that in the preview.

Those who believe what they observe in this world as being real are totally deceived of the Truth.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:54:53 AM
At 2/18/2015 12:51:35 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Those who believe what they observe in this world as being real are totally deceived of the Truth.

Then stop believing what you see Brad. It is all an illusion after all. It is not what you think it is at all.
The words in front of you are not real. You are just imagining them all.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 12:56:18 AM
At 2/18/2015 12:54:53 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Then stop believing what you see Brad. It is all an illusion after all. It is not what you think it is at all.

I don't have to believe in anything now. That's because I'm beyond belief with the knowledge of God that I possess.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 1:19:52 AM
At 2/18/2015 12:56:18 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I don't have to believe in anything now. That's because I'm beyond belief with the knowledge of God that I possess.

Yet you believe you are the voice of God and you believe you are the last saint on planet Earth and you still believe you will be shot and you believe you will have a woman attached to you in the next life after this one.

Yes I agree you and your belief are beyond belief. You are unbelievable.
Bendido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 1:26:38 AM
At 2/18/2015 12:43:07 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Is your natural fathers name also father or does he have an actual name like Peter Pan or Clark Kent or something like that?

Matthew 6:9
"This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your nam
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 1:30:15 AM
At 2/18/2015 1:26:38 AM, Bendido wrote:
At 2/18/2015 12:43:07 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Matthew 6:9
"This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your nam

Obviously you do not comprehend that the word Father is a title not a name.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 1:30:38 AM
At 2/18/2015 1:19:52 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Yet you believe you are the voice of God and you believe you are the last saint on planet Earth and you still believe you will be shot and you believe you will have a woman attached to you in the next life after this one.

I don't believe that I'm the voice of God. I KNOW that I'm the voice of God, also known as the Word of God. This is why I know who you are in Me.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 1:51:59 AM
At 2/18/2015 1:30:38 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I don't believe that I'm the voice of God. I KNOW that I'm the voice of God, also known as the Word of God. This is why I know who you are in Me.

I also KNOW who you are in me.
I have absolutely NO DOUBTS about it.
YOU are an Illusion. YOU are a figment of my imagination which YOU CREATED since my mind does not exist and I cannot think for myself according to you. What I believe and KNOW is what YOU force me to believe and KNOW. My mind is YOUR creation. If you do not understand me and my mind, you do not understand your own mind since YOU created me and my mind according to your own words.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 1:55:07 AM
At 2/18/2015 1:51:59 AM, Skyangel wrote:

YOU are an Illusion. YOU are a figment of my imagination which YOU CREATED since my mind does not exist and I cannot think for myself according to you. What I believe and KNOW is what YOU force me to believe and KNOW. My mind is YOUR creation. If you do not understand me and my mind, you do not understand your own mind since YOU created me and my mind according to your own words.

I have always known you aren't real but that doesn't matter to you because you don't believe in Me yet.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 1:59:29 AM

This editor can't handle Unicode such as letters from the Greek alphabet. It justs lists their internal Unicode values. It's a primitive piece of software.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 2:09:36 AM
At 2/18/2015 1:55:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I have always known you aren't real but that doesn't matter to you because you don't believe in Me yet.

I don't have to believe in anything. I KNOW you are NOT REAL I am not real and I am created in the image of a creator who is also not real. That is what YOU made me KNOW due to the information you programmed into me.

When YOU get REAL, I will too because YOU will make me believe I am as real as you are.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 2:11:43 AM
At 2/18/2015 2:09:36 AM, Skyangel wrote:

I don't have to believe in anything. I KNOW you are NOT REAL I am not real and I am created in the image of a creator who is also not real. That is what YOU made me KNOW due to the information you programmed into me.

When YOU get REAL, I will too because YOU will make me believe I am as real as you are.

I AM the only one who is real. You and the body that's writing this post are not real at all.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 2:12:18 AM
At 2/18/2015 1:59:29 AM, dee-em wrote:

This editor can't handle Unicode such as letters from the Greek alphabet. It justs lists their internal Unicode values. It's a primitive piece of software.

Thanks. That makes sense.
Note to myself...... Do not copy and paste Hebrew or Greek characters.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 2:18:05 AM
At 2/18/2015 2:11:43 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I AM the only one who is real. You and the body that's writing this post are not real at all.

So you are real and you do not have REAL body but just an illusion of a saint for a body and you created illusions including the illusion of a saint which are not real in your image?
Your image is not real but you are?
Either an illusion created an illusion in his own image or a REALITY created a REALITY in its own image.
Or a REALITY created an illusion of itself to keep itself amused because he can find NOTHING REAL to amuse himself with.
Is talking to illusions all you do in your REAL LIFE?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 5:29:42 AM

Been on the alcohol and drugs again?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 5:34:19 AM
At 2/17/2015 10:57:02 PM, bornofgod wrote:

What were they hiding?

Our Creator only needs symbolic worldly names. When He came into my mind on December 7th, 1979, all He said was, "I AM YOUR CREATOR". He never needed to say His name again because I instantly knew Him every time He gave me a command to obey. Now that I've been speaking for Him, I can use all kinds of symbolic names that He doesn't mind me using such as God, Creator, King, Lord, Savior, Designer, and Master Designer. Since I speak English, I only need to use English names. All the other names that God's people use such as Allah, Dios, etc. are good enough for our Creator.

Seriously though, have you seen a psychologist? You sound pretty delusional.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 8:52:41 AM
At 2/18/2015 5:29:42 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Been on the alcohol and drugs again?

No. It's you who can't understand how we were created.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 8:53:47 AM
At 2/18/2015 5:34:19 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/17/2015 10:57:02 PM, bornofgod wrote:

What were they hiding?

Seriously though, have you seen a psychologist? You sound pretty delusional.

That's because you don't have any knowledge to know how we were created.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 8:56:40 AM
At 2/18/2015 2:18:05 AM, Skyangel wrote:

So you are real and you do not have REAL body but just an illusion of a saint for a body and you created illusions including the illusion of a saint which are not real in your image?
Either an illusion created an illusion in his own image or a REALITY created a REALITY in its own image.
Or a REALITY created an illusion of itself to keep itself amused because he can find NOTHING REAL to amuse himself with.

I know how difficult it is for My people to understand how I created them and everything else they witness. That's why I planned to use this first age just to teach My people how I created them.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 5:49:00 PM
At 2/18/2015 8:56:40 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I know how difficult it is for My people to understand how I created them and everything else they witness. That's why I planned to use this first age just to teach My people how I created them.

If you know how difficult it is for YOUR PEOPLE to understand anything, it is because YOU MADE IT DIFFICULT and YOU stop anyone from understanding because you do not want them to understand. YOU want to believe YOU, voice of God, are the only one who can possibly understand anything in your own mind.
YOU did not need to make idiots in YOUR OWN IMAGE.
You could have made YOUR PEOPLE as smart as you are from the beginning if you happen to have any intelligence and power at all. Then you would not need to waste your time in any first age trying to teach idiots something you did not create them to understand in the first place.

Understanding how we are created is not as difficult as you seem to think it is. You are the one who seems to have difficulty comprehending that. However that is perfectly understandable from the CREATOR of idiots in his own image.

Try growing a brain first before you create more idiots in your own image.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 10:00:20 AM
At 2/19/2015 5:49:00 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/18/2015 8:56:40 AM, bornofgod wrote:

If you know how difficult it is for YOUR PEOPLE to understand anything, it is because YOU MADE IT DIFFICULT and YOU stop anyone from understanding because you do not want them to understand. YOU want to believe YOU, voice of God, are the only one who can possibly understand anything in your own mind.
YOU did not need to make idiots in YOUR OWN IMAGE.
You could have made YOUR PEOPLE as smart as you are from the beginning if you happen to have any intelligence and power at all. Then you would not need to waste your time in any first age trying to teach idiots something you did not create them to understand in the first place.

Understanding how we are created is not as difficult as you seem to think it is. You are the one who seems to have difficulty comprehending that. However that is perfectly understandable from the CREATOR of idiots in his own image.

Since you weren't made to listen to the voice of the Lord and believe Him, you won't understand how you were created or how we'll be living in the future. Belief is a very powerful but all beliefs in this world will end soon.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 2:51:48 PM
At 2/20/2015 10:00:20 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/19/2015 5:49:00 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Since you weren't made to listen to the voice of the Lord and believe Him, you won't understand how you were created or how we'll be living in the future. Belief is a very powerful but all beliefs in this world will end soon.

I am very glad I was not made or chosen to listen to the voice of a person who is so lost in his own fantasies that he has lost all track of all reality.
In the big picture it makes no difference how we were created or what will happen in the future Brad. None of us can control those things. We did not control our own creation and we cannot control anything that happens after we die so it makes no difference whether anyone wants to believe they know what will happen or not.
The fact is we exist NOW and we can choose to live in the present and accept the NOW as it is or we can be like you and avoid the present as much as possible while we live in some dream about the future and pretend we know something that no one can possibly know.
However, I guess its the only way you can make yourself feel important and valuable. You do that by pretending to be some saint which has been chosen by a mythical character to be his voice due to the character having no voice of his own. Your own belief however will end soon according to your own confession. I hope it is before you die so you might at least experience a bit of reality in the NOW instead of living in a strong delusion because you refuse to face the TRUTH of reality.
Those are the words of the TRUTH within me which your invisible creator forced me to say because you refuse to listen to him directly.
WAKE UP and GET REAL Brad.