Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

My Take on JW (P.S. Why Study the Bible?)

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 7:11:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I noticed one of Mad Cornish Biker's posts about why we should study the bible. I knew this had to be good and it was truly something to see a unique video about it. But while free bible study programs and tutors are nice, I feel scared that protestants aren't doing this and yet Jehovah's Witnesses are. I looked into them more ever since this video. I wanted to adopt their philosophy, but I can't because now the concept seems odd now that I have looked into it.

To me, the Jehovah Witnesses seem to be nothing more than a spin off cult of Christianity where they persist on the name Jehovah instead of Yaweh, God, Lord, etc.

I see them being nothing but obsessed with the book of revelations, rapture and the end times. It's almost like the kind of cult to bring about war or terrorism from rather extremist members. I know Christianity can already do that, but I think JW is just going to make an absolute on this. My view is that identifying as a Lutheran, JW, Mormon, Protestant or Catholic is not a matter of your salvation, but rather if your faith is pure in Jesus Christ as Lord and savior.

Now as for why we should study the bible? Well, i'd also like to offer a secular reason why. Maybe you can use it as a compass for morality or philosophy. Like Leo Tolstoy when he started the Tolstoyan movement. Or maybe like HR from the Bad Brains. Or the Avenged Sevenfold band for their lyrics. You can always find a nice story that can relate to your life. From the tale of Job struggling with God or the teachings from the Sermon on the Mount. Either way, you can use the bible and apply what it has to your life.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 9:23:19 PM
At 2/17/2015 7:11:15 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
I noticed one of Mad Cornish Biker's posts about why we should study the bible. I knew this had to be good and it was truly something to see a unique video about it. But while free bible study programs and tutors are nice, I feel scared that protestants aren't doing this and yet Jehovah's Witnesses are. I looked into them more ever since this video. I wanted to adopt their philosophy, but I can't because now the concept seems odd now that I have looked into it.

To me, the Jehovah Witnesses seem to be nothing more than a spin off cult of Christianity where they persist on the name Jehovah instead of Yaweh, God, Lord, etc.

I see them being nothing but obsessed with the book of revelations, rapture and the end times. It's almost like the kind of cult to bring about war or terrorism from rather extremist members. I know Christianity can already do that, but I think JW is just going to make an absolute on this. My view is that identifying as a Lutheran, JW, Mormon, Protestant or Catholic is not a matter of your salvation, but rather if your faith is pure in Jesus Christ as Lord and savior.

Now as for why we should study the bible? Well, i'd also like to offer a secular reason why. Maybe you can use it as a compass for morality or philosophy. Like Leo Tolstoy when he started the Tolstoyan movement. Or maybe like HR from the Bad Brains. Or the Avenged Sevenfold band for their lyrics. You can always find a nice story that can relate to your life. From the tale of Job struggling with God or the teachings from the Sermon on the Mount. Either way, you can use the bible and apply what it has to your life.

I think if you'll study the Bible closely, and most especially the NT, you won't find a single Jehovah's Witness in there. No, we come to find out that the Russellites became inspired by God in the 1930's, and God directed them to Isa 43: 10, and from there ... they made up a new name.

So it is with practically every distinctive doctrine of the BotchTower. It's a salt and peppering of the Bible with a main course of some modern-day direct Holy Spirit illumination. Now, if someone wants to believe that, that's fine with me, but I fail to see how a group of bumbling prophetic goof-ups who erred greatly in 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925, and 1926 has much Holy Spirit guidance. In fact, we'll just go ahead and say that the WatchTower, with its imaginary "holy spirit guidance" taught gross error from 1874-1925. And it still does, actually.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 1:06:58 AM

John 7
13: Yet for fear of the Jews no one spoke openly of him.
14: About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and taught.
15: The Jews marveled at it, saying, "How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?"
16: So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me;

John 14
24: He who does not love me does not keep my words; and the word which you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

John 12
49: For I have not spoken on my own authority; the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what to say and what to speak.
50: And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has bidden me."

Ephesians 1
1: Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are also faithful in Christ Jesus:
2: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
4: even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.
5: He destined us in love to be his sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
9: For he has made known to us in all wisdom and insight the mystery of his will, according to his purpose which he set forth in Christ

I Corinthians 2:
7: But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glorification.
8: None of the rulers of this age understood this; for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

We saints don't have to study the Bible to understand all the prophecies about the future.
Bible-Prophecy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 3:59:06 AM
The Holy Bible says,
Study to show thyself approved unto God,
a workman who need not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.
(2 Timothy 2:15).

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 4:39:24 AM
At 2/18/2015 1:06:58 AM, bornofgod wrote:

John 7
15: The Jews marveled at it, saying, "How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?"

John 14
24: He who does not love me does not keep my words; and the word which you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

John 12
49: For I have not spoken on my own authority; the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what to say and what to speak.
50: And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has bidden me."

Ephesians 1
1: Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are also faithful in Christ Jesus:
3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
4: even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.
5: He destined us in love to be his sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
9: For he has made known to us in all wisdom and insight the mystery of his will, according to his purpose which he set forth in Christ

I Corinthians 2:
7: But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glorification.
8: None of the rulers of this age understood this; for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

We saints don't have to study the Bible to understand all the prophecies about the future.

It didn't turn out so good for Jesus. He was threaten by the Jews on several occasions for making false claims, for believing he was a messiah/God among other things. Finally he was put to death for blasphemy.
Today, if Jesus were alive he would have been treated for his mental illness. You have been an alcoholic most of your life. You never made the time to study the bible. That is why your understanding of the bible is so poor. Jesus was very well versed in the scriptures. Even at the age if 12 he was found reading the scrolls in the synagogue. Get an education.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 8:42:00 PM
At 2/25/2015 4:39:24 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/18/2015 1:06:58 AM, bornofgod wrote:

John 7

John 14

John 12

Ephesians 1

I Corinthians 2:

It didn't turn out so good for Jesus. He was threaten by the Jews on several occasions for making false claims, for believing he was a messiah/God among other things. Finally he was put to death for blasphemy.
Today, if Jesus were alive he would have been treated for his mental illness. You have been an alcoholic most of your life. You never made the time to study the bible. That is why your understanding of the bible is so poor. Jesus was very well versed in the scriptures. Even at the age if 12 he was found reading the scrolls in the synagogue. Get an education.

God gave His stupid people the ability to speak. Where do you think the scriptures came from?
Kaleb.oz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 5:48:24 PM

If I wanted to know about Christian punk, I would ask you, or read your bio. Similarly if you want an accurate overview of what Jehovah's witnesses believe and practice, www.jw.org is a good place to start. That is the official site.

It's not the business of any JW to tell you what to believe, all we seek to do is show you what the bible really teaches.
As the video you saw said, the bible is providing answers to life big questions.
Questions like:
" why does a loving God permit so much suffering?
" is there such a thing as hellfire?
" what is the future of the earth?
" what happens when we die?
http://www.jw.org...

The bible provides, IMO, satisfying explanations to these questions. But whether or not it will for you, is a matter for you to decide.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 5:51:49 PM
At 2/26/2015 5:48:24 PM, Kaleb.oz wrote:

If I wanted to know about Christian punk, I would ask you, or read your bio. Similarly if you want an accurate overview of what Jehovah's witnesses believe and practice, www.jw.org is a good place to start. That is the official site.

It's not the business of any JW to tell you what to believe, all we seek to do is show you what the bible really teaches.
As the video you saw said, the bible is providing answers to life big questions.
Questions like:

The bible provides, IMO, satisfying explanations to these questions. But whether or not it will for you, is a matter for you to decide.

I've looked at it. And I see a rejection of Jesus as Lord or divine. I don't like how they also insist on the name Jehovah and ignore Elohim and Yaweh while also rewriting the bible.
Kaleb.oz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 5:54:54 PM
I've looked at it. And I see a rejection of Jesus as Lord or divine. I don't like how they also insist on the name Jehovah and ignore Elohim and Yaweh while also rewriting the bible.

Jesus is my lord, and salvation is thru Jesus. To understand what JW's really believe, you may want to read this. http://www.jw.org... and then make up your mind.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 6:00:25 PM
At 2/26/2015 5:54:54 PM, Kaleb.oz wrote:

Jesus is my lord, and salvation is thru Jesus. To understand what JW's really believe, you may want to read this. http://www.jw.org... and then make up your mind.

Unfortunately I believe Jesus is God and that there is scripture to back that up. The verse about the father being greater is true. Because The father is greater than the son and holy spirt if he was behind everything from the beggining.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 6:03:04 PM

It's not the business of any JW to tell you what to believe,

No, that's the business of the WatchTower Governing Board.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Kaleb.oz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 6:34:40 PM
Unfortunately I believe Jesus is God and that there is scripture to back that up. The verse about the father being greater is true. Because The father is greater than the son and holy spirt if he was behind everything from the beggining.

I too believe in the divinity of the Christ. The Byington version of John 1:18 says Nobody ever has seen God; an Only Born God, he who is in the Father"s bosom, he gave the account of him.
Jesus most certainly is God-like, but he is almighty God?
John 6:38 says: "I have come down from heaven to do, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me."
If Jesus is God himself, who sent him down from heaven? Would that One not be greater than Jesus? After all, the sender is superior to the one who is sent.

I'm not trying to get into a debate with you here, you are free to believe what you like. The evidence is the same no matter what version of the bible one uses, only the interpretations of the evidence differ. IMO.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 6:52:28 PM
At 2/26/2015 6:34:40 PM, Kaleb.oz wrote:

I too believe in the divinity of the Christ. The Byington version of John 1:18 says Nobody ever has seen God; an Only Born God, he who is in the Father"s bosom, he gave the account of him.
Jesus most certainly is God-like, but he is almighty God?
John 6:38 says: "I have come down from heaven to do, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me."
If Jesus is God himself, who sent him down from heaven? Would that One not be greater than Jesus? After all, the sender is superior to the one who is sent.

I'm not trying to get into a debate with you here, you are free to believe what you like. The evidence is the same no matter what version of the bible one uses, only the interpretations of the evidence differ. IMO.

To debate the relative strengths of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is a little on the silly side. We do know that Jesus taught baptism in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. There is absolutely no evidence that anyone would be baptized in the name of "a force."
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 7:18:27 PM

But you need to clarify that misleading statement!

Because History has proven that what they teach at one time they have done a 100% turn-around and later preached the 100% opposite!

e.g. They were Polytheists that taught that both jebus & their supposed God were BOTH ' worthy of REAL DIVINE WORSHIP ' but in 1954 that all changed!

Then they told us that their supposed God said that archangel Mikey is NOT jebus!

Then they preached that archangel Mikey was ' The POPE! '.

Later on they did another 100% back-flip to claiming their supposed God had again changed its mind & now decided that the archangel Mikey was jebus after all!

That is yet another deception!

They actually preach that the human devised Botchtower is required to explain the bible! -

. . . . we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible itself, . . . . goes to the Bible alone...our experience shows that within 2 years he goes into darkness. (Botchtower; June 15, 1951; p. 375)

Questions like:

As we already know, these (ahem) Botchtower derived ' satisfying answers ', have flip-flopped throughout the Botchtower's laughable History, and next weeks Botchtower (as History has shown) may again reverse what they told you to preach & believe before!

The Botchtower is a laughing stock, as well as its duped followers that are forced to comply to its farcical & flip-flopping Bethel dictates on pain of expulsion & shunning!

Wake up and smell the coffee!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 7:41:00 PM
I noticed one of Mad Cornish Biker's posts about why we should study the bible. I knew this had to be good and it was truly something to see a unique video about it. But while free bible study programs and tutors are nice, I feel scared that protestants aren't doing this and yet Jehovah's Witnesses are.

Yeah, they are. You see, MadCornish believes that it does you but little good to study the Bible. Very little. Why not? Well, according to him ... although the Holy Spirit inspired the Bible, He did so in such a splattershot, confusing, and cloudy manner that you simply cannot understand it. But help is on the way! That's right! Yayyyyyy! How so? The BotchTower has some "anointed" people who are guided, illuminated, enlightened directly by the Holy Spirit so that they can understand what the Holy Spirit inspired men to write in the New Testament! MadCornish has a little touch of this hot-line to heaven, too.

Thus, to properly understand what the Holy Spirit made a mess of the first time around, you'll have to give heed to "God's organization" (The Brooklyn BotchTower). THAT explains why MadCornish has no problem at all in saying, "Oh, Paul got it wrong" or "Peter was just ignorant" or "Jesus was just spouting off." The BotchTower has come along and corrected the errors of inspired men.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 7:55:00 PM
Yes and these (ahem) ' inspired men ' even corrected their own infallible God because their infallible God told them that Mikey was NOT jebus, but after ' prayerful consideration ' these Botchtowerite ' inspired men ' said their God was in error because Mikey IS jebus after all!

Insane dupes like Psycho MCB are then instructed to preach whatever the latest Botchtower propaganda belches out and as History has proven, when they belch out updates up to 100% self-contradicting, those like Psycho MCB are ordered to defend their blunders at ALL & Or ANY Cost! (Douglas-Walsh Trial Transcript, Scotland, 1954)
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 8:04:10 PM
At 2/26/2015 7:18:27 PM, Composer wrote:

They actually preach that the human devised Botchtower is required to explain the bible! -

100% true

. . . . we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible itself, . . . . goes to the Bible alone...our experience shows that within 2 years he goes into darkness. (Botchtower; June 15, 1951; p. 375)

100% true

As we already know, these (ahem) Botchtower derived ' satisfying answers ', have flip-flopped throughout the Botchtower's laughable History, and next weeks Botchtower (as History has shown) may again reverse what they told you to preach & believe before!

100% true

The Botchtower is a laughing stock, as well as its duped followers that are forced to comply to its farcical & flip-flopping Bethel dictates on pain of expulsion & shunning!

Again, 100% true. If the BotchTower faithful would carefully read a transcript of the 1954 Douglas-Walsh case in which their own leaders were (1) under oath, (2) under risk of perjury, and (3) threatened with incarceration if they committed perjury .... and read it about ten times so it could sink in ... they'd be better off.

Q. Back to the point now, a false prophecy was promulgated?
Covington: I agree to that.

Q. It had to be accepted by Jehovah's witnesses?
Covington: That is correct.

(Thus, BotchTower leadership admits that they dispensed as their "spiritual food" a false prophesy, and if a particularly studious JW recognized it as BS, he had to accept it anyway.
)
Q. If a member of Jehovah's witnesses took the view himself that that prophecy was wrong, and said so, would he be disfellowshipped?
Covington: Yes, if he said so, and kept on persisting in creating trouble,

(So any JW who recognizes BotchTower false predictions for what they are is just a "troublemaker". LMAO

Covington: ... because if the whole organization believes one thing, even though it be erroneous, and somebody else starts on his own trying to put his ideas across,

(In other words, if an individual JW tries to corrrect the error)

Covington: ... then there is a disunity and trouble, there cannot be harmony, there cannot be marching ...... Our purpose is to have unity.

(The ultimate purpose is unity, not accuracy)

Q. Unity at all costs?
Covington: Unity at all costs, because we believe and are sure that Jehovah God is using our organization,the governing body of our organization, to direct it, even though mistakes are made from time to time.

Q. A unity based on an enforced acceptance of false prophecy?
Covington: That is conceded to be true.

(There you have it! "Accept our false predictions, or face excommunication and die at Armageddon. Of course, they booted the likes of MadCornish out even though he falls for their false teachings)
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 8:11:57 PM
I noticed one of Mad Cornish Biker's posts about why we should study the bible.

I forgot to mention that the BotchTower has in the past said that you cannot "understand" the Bible at all without their literature. So it's always the Bible ... plus. Plus this. Plus that. The Bible alone will not produce a Jehovah's Witness - and never has.
Kaleb.oz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 4:01:27 AM
As I mentioned previously, the best way to know what a person or group thinks, is to ask them, or in this case go to their official site.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 4:20:56 AM

Well, that could be because they are God's path to his son's side, don't you think.

God only ever uses one group, and he and his son demand unity of teaching with that group.

Sorry, Protestantism, Catholicism, and all the other false paths are dead, they just haven't been made to lie down yet, but they will, soon.

The time is not far off when the false prophet will be done away with, and all who follow in the wrong paths.

Bad news for them, it is true, but for those of us who worship the same God that Christ and the Apostles worship, it is very good news, because it means perfect peace and security for the faithful.

Most importantly of all it will also mean the total vindication of Jehovah and his son, who came to earth to suffer and die as the Christ.

Sorry, but like it or not, like them or not, the JWs are God's people on earth, and if you too want to survive and bring your loved ones with you, you have to learn to like them.

It's actually very easy once you get to know their God and his son properly.

Jehovah is simply the English version of Yahweh and is every bit as valid since both are based on a transliteration of the Hebrew Tetragrammaton which, before writing became common and written language settled down was equally valid seen as either YHWH or JHVH, since I, J, and Y were at one time interchangeable, and so were W and V.

That is why there are dozens of different language versions.

I doubt that Jehovah minds as long as we are doing the best we can in our language.

In fact the original group of brothers were not so much a spin off from false Christianity as spun off by Christ himself in order to achieve the work they are doing in fulfilment of Matthew 24:14.

Of course they had a lot of lessons to learn, some of them hard and painful, but they have learned, and continue to learn with the aid of God, Christ and holy spirit.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 8:09:22 AM
At 2/27/2015 4:20:56 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Jehovah is simply the English version of Yahweh and is every bit as valid since both are based on a transliteration of the Hebrew Tetragrammaton which, before writing became common and written language settled down was equally valid seen as either YHWH or JHVH, since I, J, and Y were at one time interchangeable, and so were W and V.
The term ' Jehovah ' even the J.w's admit is the inferior term for their Story book god!

jehovah, e.g. It is well known that this is certainly not the equivalent of the Hebrew Name: it was unknown to the Fathers, and, until our own times, was not found in Catholic commentaries. I should have preferred to write 'Yahwe', which, although not certain, is admittedly superior to 'Jehovah'., In his introduction to his translation of the First Book of Psalms, page xxiii, footnote 2, Jesuit priest Lattey says with regard to the form Yahweh:, Such is the form now commonly used, though it cannot be said to be certainly correct. . . . . (Source: J.w's book, "Let Your Name Be Sanctified" freely admits on pages 16 and 18 that Yahweh is the superior translation of the Tetragrammaton. (Composer's emphasis))

This book has lately been withdrawn by the J.w's!

&

FOREWORD p. 12 of "The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures" (i.e. KIT) reads:

. . . . . . . . we have retained the form "Jehovah" because of people's familiarity with it for centuries. . . . .

NB: NOT accuracy but familiarity with the corrupt form, LOL!

&

Jehova - "Lord, God". the God of Jewish and Christian religion: often contrasted with Yahweh, the earlier concept of God among the more primitive Hebrews. This name is a misreading of the original Masoretic Hebrew text, as found with the vowel points added, and never existed as such.
(Source: - http://www.pantheon.org......)

So once again it is proven that Psycho MCB is a Liar & a suicidal prone jebus fraud & reject (1 John 3:6) KJV Story book & MCB is also deemed by jebus as an agent of MCB's Devil (1 John 3:8)

Even the Botchtower could not stomach MCB's sexual deviance & malignant sins so they evicted him as well!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 9:58:07 AM
At 2/27/2015 4:01:27 AM, Kaleb.oz wrote:
As I mentioned previously, the best way to know what a person or group thinks, is to ask them, or in this case go to their official site.

Yup too right.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 10:45:05 AM
At 2/26/2015 8:11:57 PM, annanicole wrote:

I forgot to mention that the BotchTower has in the past said that you cannot "understand" the Bible at all without their literature. So it's always the Bible ... plus. Plus this. Plus that. The Bible alone will not produce a Jehovah's Witness - and never has.

Which is hardly surprising considering that they are in fact Christ's chosen path for the release of knowledge and the fulfilment of Matthew 24:14.

It is precisely as in Acts 8:26-38. The only difference being that God's spirit led Philip to the Eunuch rather than the other way round.

The Jews in that day were all well versed in the scriptures, but none of them understood them without help and guidance, first from Christ, and later through the Apostles.

The Ethiopian Eunuch was worshipper of Jehovah, who was so keen to try to understand God's word but could not without eh help of God's spirit directed people.

Thus today it is impossible to understand scripture without the aid of Christ's spirit directed organisation of which there is only one, and it is the JWs. Of course you can try to do it alone, but you well only end up as tangled in lies as are you, PGA, and all the others who think they are too clever to need God's help, despite the fact that scripture tells us the opposite.

It works like this.

God, through his spirit is constantly searching for honest hearted ones.

John 4:23-24
YLT(i) 23 but, there cometh an hour, and it now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father also doth seek such to worship him; 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping Him, in spirit and truth it doth behove to worship.'

He either draws such ones to his son's organisation, or draws them to him as with Philip and the Eunuch.

John 6:44
YLT(i) 44 no one is able to come unto me, if the Father who sent me may not draw him, and I will raise him up in the last day;

They will then be guided through God's word by these ones in any way needed, and when they are finally convinced that the scriptures are 100% the word of God and therefore 100% accurate, and only then, will they be allowed to get baptised.

In the days of Christ and the Apostles, most were already well versed in the Hebrew Scriptures, and so it was much easier to bring them up to speed. We are not told how long it took for Philip to help the Ethiopian Eunuch, but that was one intensive study with someone who didn't need knowledge, just understanding, and as I know from experience, when holy spirit opens your heart and mind truth becomes clear very quickly indeed.

Today it is not so simple.

Most people have little or no knowledge of the Hebrew Scriptures, a bit like you Anna, nor even of the Christian Greek Scriptures. Therefore they need knowledge as well as understanding.

Also our lives today are far more complex, with many more things demanding our attention, so it is not so easy to learn as it was back then.

Therefore the need for patient help and guidance is all the more important for us than it was for the Ethiopian Eunuch.

Good has only ever used one channel.

Before Christ, it was Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Moses and then the Israelites.
After the Israelites, who proved continually unfaithful it was God's son incarnate, as the Christ, and then the Apostles, the "Israel of God".

Galatians 6:16
YLT(i) 16 and as many as by this rule do walk"peace upon them, and kindness, and on the Israel of God!

When they eventually, after the death f the last Apostle, proved as unfaithful as Natural Israel had it became time to wait until; Christ was on his throne, and preparing to bring in Armageddon.

Revelation 22:11
YLT(i) 11 he who is unrighteous"let him be unrighteous still, and he who is filthy"let him be filthy still, and he who is righteous"let him be declared righteous still, and he who is sanctified"let him be sanctified still:

That time came in the mid 1800's with Christ preparing to cast out Satan and then take up his throne in 1014, as prophecy foretold.

It might seem as if God and his son were being a bit slow, but God works to a timetable and the time was not yet due.

2 Peter 3:8-10
YLT(i) 8 And this one thing let not be unobserved by you, beloved, that one day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day;
9 the Lord is not slow in regard to the promise, as certain count slowness, but is long-suffering to us, not counselling any to be lost but all to pass on to reformation, 10 and it will come"the day of the Lord"as a thief in the night, in which the heavens with a rushing noise will pass away, and the elements with burning heat be dissolved, and earth and the works in it shall be burnt up.

When the time was right he called a few who wanted to be faithful out of false Christianity, and set about teaching them.

It took a bit longer than it took him to teach the 12, and with just as many mistakes and misunderstandings along the way, but eventually they learned and by the 1920's were ready to start learning to gather in the remnant of the elect, and those who were to be amongst the teachers of the resurrected after Armageddon.

That work, n obedience to Matthew 24:14, is still well under way, bt it cannot be long now until Christ calls a halt to it, and the "Ark door" is closed, just as it was in Noah's day.

Then it will be too late to join in and gain all the benefits God promises to his faithful.

At lest check it out for yourself before it is too late.

If you don't want what God offers, that will be your choice.

You could start by reading the book on the end of the link in my signature.

So yes Anna their claim is absolutely correct, If you do not accept God's provisions for you, you will not get to understand his word, and will be left to flounder around in the dark as you currently are.

That is a part of the reason you are such a hypocrite, Anna, understanding little and believing less yet still claiming to teach scripture when you can't even be bothered to obey what it teaches.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 10:56:49 AM
At 2/26/2015 8:04:10 PM, annanicole wrote:

100% true

100% true

100% true

Again, 100% true. If the BotchTower faithful would carefully read a transcript of the 1954 Douglas-Walsh case in which their own leaders were (1) under oath, (2) under risk of perjury, and (3) threatened with incarceration if they committed perjury .... and read it about ten times so it could sink in ... they'd be better off.

But they didn't know it was a wrong understanding at the tme, as you well know Anna, so

1 Corinthians 1:10
YLT(i) 10 And I call upon you, brethren, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that the same thing ye may all say, and there may not be divisions among you, and ye may be perfected in the same mind, and in the same judgment,

Just as the Congregations had to follow the teachings as understood by teh Apostles and Older Men n Jerusalem,as Acts 15 shows,

So until their modern day equivalent had discerned that ti really was wrong the Brothers of that day had to teach one teaching.

(Thus, BotchTower leadership admits that they dispensed as their "spiritual food" a false prophesy, and if a particularly studious JW recognized it as BS, he had to accept it anyway.
)

Yes, but they did not admit to knowing that it was false at the time, because they didn't, and when yet did they changed it, and as with Acts 15, all had to change in line with it.

As always Anna you retreat into the past to try and defend your present, but it doesn't work.

If the JWs were wrong to insist on unity, then so were the Apostles in the 1st century, and so, therefore, was Christ.

As always you merely prove beyond any doubt that you will stoop to any lies and half truths to try and support your bigotry.

Once again, you show to the world what a hypocrite you are in claiming to teach scripture when you understand little and believe even less.

Once again you criticise the JWs for standing by scripture procedure and teachings.

The irony of that being that you are in fact proving that they did indeed adhere to what Christ and the Apostles taught no matter how awkward it turned out to be.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 11:16:02 AM
At 2/27/2015 8:09:22 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/27/2015 4:20:56 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The term ' Jehovah ' even the J.w's admit is the inferior term for their Story book god!

jehovah, e.g. It is well known that this is certainly not the equivalent of the Hebrew Name: it was unknown to the Fathers, and, until our own times, was not found in Catholic commentaries. I should have preferred to write 'Yahwe', which, although not certain, is admittedly superior to 'Jehovah'., In his introduction to his translation of the First Book of Psalms, page xxiii, footnote 2, Jesuit priest Lattey says with regard to the form Yahweh:, Such is the form now commonly used, though it cannot be said to be certainly correct. . . . . (Source: J.w's book, "Let Your Name Be Sanctified" freely admits on pages 16 and 18 that Yahweh is the superior translation of the Tetragrammaton. (Composer's emphasis))

This book has lately been withdrawn by the J.w's!

&

FOREWORD p. 12 of "The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures" (i.e. KIT) reads:

. . . . . . . . we have retained the form "Jehovah" because of people's familiarity with it for centuries. . . . .

NB: NOT accuracy but familiarity with the corrupt form, LOL!

&

Jehova - "Lord, God". the God of Jewish and Christian religion: often contrasted with Yahweh, the earlier concept of God among the more primitive Hebrews. This name is a misreading of the original Masoretic Hebrew text, as found with the vowel points added, and never existed as such.
(Source: - http://www.pantheon.org......)

So once again it is proven that Psycho MCB is a Liar & a suicidal prone jebus fraud & reject (1 John 3:6) KJV Story book & MCB is also deemed by jebus as an agent of MCB's Devil (1 John 3:8)

Even the Botchtower could not stomach MCB's sexual deviance & malignant sins so they evicted him as well!

Yet MCB continues to pass himself off as a JW. He hasn't been in contact with them for 7 years according to one of his post. He is a pathological liar.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 12:28:30 PM
At 2/27/2015 10:56:49 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/26/2015 8:04:10 PM, annanicole wrote:

100% true

100% true

100% true

But they didn't know it was a wrong understanding at the tme, as you well know Anna,

They very well should have. The inaccuracy was pointed out in published debate with Christians.

Just as the Congregations had to follow the teachings as understood by teh Apostles and Older Men n Jerusalem,as Acts 15 shows,

So until their modern day equivalent had discerned that ti really was wrong the Brothers of that day had to teach one teaching.

(1) There is no "modern-day" equivalent of the Acts 15 council
(2) How did the BotchTower "discern that it was really wrong"?

)

Yes, but they did not admit to knowing that it was false at the time

In the first place, they should have told everyone, "We aren't sure about this. It does sound pretty far-fetched and just amounts to the wild guesses of a few fanatics."

In the second, you can't force people to accept your wild speculations as a condition of fellowship.

If the JWs were wrong to insist on unity, then so were the Apostles in the 1st century, and so, therefore, was Christ.

We insist on unity on essentials, not wild guesses.

As always you merely prove beyond any doubt that you will stoop to any lies and half truths to try and support your bigotry.

Lies? I merely quoted a BotchTower senior representative (which admit to be a great source for lies)
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 12:34:53 PM
At 2/27/2015 10:45:05 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Which is hardly surprising considering that they are in fact Christ's chosen path for the release of knowledge and the fulfilment of Matthew 24:14.

I doubt I'd trust the JW's to speculate (again) on "the fulfillment" of anything.

It is precisely as in Acts 8:26-38. The only difference being that God's spirit led Philip to the Eunuch rather than the other way round.

LMAO @ complete reversal.

The Jews in that day were all well versed in the scriptures, but none of them understood them without help and guidance, first from Christ, and later through the Apostles.

That's true. Christ and the apostles, however, were inspired of God. The BotchTower bumbles along under a distinct lack of inspiration.

Thus today it is impossible to understand scripture without the aid of Christ's spirit directed organisation of which there is only one, and it is the JWs.

So you're blurting out the same nonsense! "In order to 'properly understand' the Bible, everyone must have some BotchTower literature."

He either draws such ones to his son's organisation, or draws them to him as with Philip and the Eunuch.

He draws through the word.

In the days of Christ and the Apostles, most were already well versed in the Hebrew Scriptures, and so it was much easier to bring them up to speed. We are not told how long it took for Philip to help the Ethiopian Eunuch, but that was one intensive study with someone who didn't need knowledge, just understanding, and as I know from experience, when holy spirit opens your heart and mind truth becomes clear very quickly indeed.

The Holy Spirit opens the heart through the word.

Today it is not so simple.

It's exactly the same today, with the exception of the miraculous direct operation of the Holy Spirit.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 1:03:58 PM

Will the Bible and the Bible alone, without any outside instruction from whatever source, produce a Jehovah's Witness? Yes or no.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 2:33:17 PM
At 2/27/2015 1:03:58 PM, annanicole wrote:

Will the Bible and the Bible alone, without any outside instruction from whatever source, produce a Jehovah's Witness? Yes or no.

Think about it Anna, the onyl thign that the bible produces without outside help is teh sort of confusion that means we have about 3,000 churches all pretending to be "Christian".

So the only possible answer is No.

As 1 Corinthians 2:11-16 tells us, without the "outside assistance" of God's spirit no-one can divine the truth from God's word.

That is why you can't, because you try to do so without the help of God and Christ, and since you constantly reject and belittle the one human channel they have provided you get no help whatever.

1 Corinthians 2:11-16 YLT(i) 11 for who of men hath known the things of the man, except the spirit of the man that is in him? so also the things of God no one hath known, except the Spirit of God. 12 And we the spirit of the world did not receive, but the Spirit that is of God, that we may know the things conferred by God on us, 13 which things also we speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Holy Spirit, with spiritual things spiritual things comparing, 14 and the natural man doth not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for to him they are foolishness, and he is not able to know them, because spiritually they are discerned; 15 and he who is spiritual, doth discern indeed all things, and he himself is by no one discerned; 16 for who did know the mind of the Lord that he shall instruct Him? and we"we have the mind of Christ.

No, Anna, what you are so frightened to accept because of pride, peer pressure, and whatever else gets in your way, is that the JWs and I get holy spirit to guide us and you. No-one else does or ever will.

That is why you have so little faith because holy spirit strengthens ones faith, as it does mine.

That is also why you are such a hypocrite pretending to teach what you don;t understand much of, and believe even less of.

You are like a swimmer in a cesspit, just going through the motions.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 2:43:10 PM
At 2/27/2015 2:33:17 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/27/2015 1:03:58 PM, annanicole wrote:

Think about it Anna, the onyl thign that the bible produces without outside help is teh sort of confusion that means we have about 3,000 churches all pretending to be "Christian".

So the only possible answer is No.

So if we take the "teachings of Christ and apostles" as our only guide, we'll never be Jehovah's Witnesses. No, in order to become a WatchTowerite, you'll have to take the Bible PLUS WatchTower literature.

As 1 Corinthians 2:11-16 tells us, without the "outside assistance" of God's spirit no-one can divine the truth from God's word.

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual."

Whose the "we"? It's Paul and Barnabas - not you and the BotchTower. The Spirit teaches through their words.

Tell us who the "we" is up there?

Bible + "Traditions" = a Catholic
Bible + "Inspired writings of Ellen White" = 7th Day Adventist
Bible + "Inspired writings of Joe Smith" = Mormons
Bible + "Inspired writings of the BotchTower" = JW's
Bible + "Methodist Discipline" = Methodists
Bible + "Baptist Manual" = Baptists
Bible + "The 39 Articles" = Episcopalians
Bible + "Presbyterian Confession of Fath" = Presbyterians

The Bible only makes Christians only, and never made anything else. You can't take the Bible alone and become a Baptist. You likewise can't take the Bible alone and become a Mormon. Looks like your in good company up there.