Jump to topic:

I have NEVER feared DEATH

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 2:55:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I find it interesting that it seems that most are AFRAID of DEATH.

I myself have NEVER feared death. As I get older I welcome it as ALL living things die when they reach their END.

I have not put much thought into the subject as I was busy Living Life and LEARNING and GROWING in the TRUTH that sets us FREE from what enslaves the human mindset.

I have been close to death many times in my 56+ years. One of the more interesting times is when a large pile of 800+ pound hay bales fell over on me and slammed me to the ground and covering me. I remember that it was very hard to take in a breath as I had so much weight on top of me. I was NOT afraid or nervous as my thoughts were on BREATHING as that is a important part of LIVING.

My cousin who I was helping saw that the pile of bales had fell over and that I was nowhere in sight. So he used the machine to move the bales until he saw a foot and then he knew where I was at and soon had all the bales off of me.

I was fine but a bit sore from being slammed to the ground with such force and weight.

I bring this subject up as I never put much thought into just HOW most others viewed the topic of death.

The more days that pass by and the more that I read around this forum it seems that most are trying to ESCAPE death with the many superstitious gods and concepts they have MADE UP.

No wonder that most are NOT very HAPPY with themselves and the world around them, so they just play their make believe and pretend realities so that they can try and DISTRACT themselves away from what bothers them.

You can't Live a rewarding Life when you are putting so much thought and time towards death.

Death is a part of LIFE. It is just the END of a personal beginning.

WHY do you fear death?

I see a person fearing death as much the same as fearing the end of the day.

I don't fear the end of the day as I know that another day will come,
even if I die before it arrives.

The world will still go on chasing it's superstitious concepts and nonsense.

The good that I see in that is that I won't have to put up with angry confused overgrown toddlers anymore. My responsibility will be finished and passed on to the others of the FEW that remain Living after me.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 4:45:12 AM
I think many people fear the run up to death rather than death itself. A long painful illness wouldn't be much fun!
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 5:08:30 AM
At 2/18/2015 4:45:12 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I think many people fear the run up to death rather than death itself. A long painful illness wouldn't be much fun!

EE: I can understand that as I myself wouldn't like to die a slow painful or horrific death.

What I'm pointing out is ALL the TIME that many put into the concept of death.

I like the scripture that says let the dead bury the dead as I have never cared much for funerals and the worship of the dead. I have always preferred spending my time on the Living, or at least those that pretend that they are Living as they seek distractions from what bothers them.

If we look at the 160 year old doctrine/christian concept of "the rapture" we find that it has many that want to believe that they will not die on this earth as they will be RAPTURED away to some "other place" SOON.

People that choose to believe in such nonsense must be MISSING out on a big part of LIVING LIFE in the NOW.

That is one of the problems that I can notice.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 5:20:30 AM
yep i never understood why people so afraid of death.... if there is a God well good for you and if not, ok you are gone.....
Never fart near dog
Kreakin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 7:37:20 AM
I think it is not death but loss. Never seeing the people you love again and doing the things you love to do. To be ok with losing all of those things is not really natural unless you see them as a gift to be returned or you have no-one to miss. Even then as Christopher Hitchens said "There is no good time to check out".