Total Posts:160|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Atheists here are Christian Atheists

drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:04:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

Ditto
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:06:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:04:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

Ditto

See my response to him
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:10:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

Please share your evidence with the rest of us as to the existence of a Multiverse, or the Omniverse as you call it. Also share with us your evidence that any of these, should they exist, are sentient and aware with cognition and volition demonstrated in any way?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:18:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:06:42 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:04:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

Ditto

See my response to him

I've named my cat "God", therefore God exists. Although, this does nothing to address the common meaning of the word "god" ie., transcendent, intelligent, conscious, omnipotent, eternal, etc. Renaming the universe "God" fails in the same manner.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:26:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

What you are promoting is polytheism. There are many Gods just like there are many universes (multiverse).
And just like Christians believe theirs is the only true God. So too are you trying to prove your perception of God is better or universal. A few physicists have gotten ahead of themselves with their multiverse theories. You just place the word God in every one of their universes.
It is one thing to be a scientist looking for God in his field of discoveries, it is quite another for someone who believes in a God to be thinking he is a scientists. Get an education!!!
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:30:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

So 'God' -- capitalised -- is an English word, derived from the proto-Germanic guthan, which originally meant any god. But since about 5CE, God capitalised has only meant the god of Abraham; it has been an act of heresy to say it's anyone else, and an act of blasphemy to refer to that name in other than respectful ways.

Now, UK is the seat of English, and the blasphemy laws were only repealed there in 2008, so there has been some two milennia of Christian monopoly on the trademark. For all that translators frequently translate al ilah ("the god") or Krishna to God, that's a linguistic choice, presupposing that the god of Muslims or Hindus is the god of Abraham -- a fact which Christians have hotly contested.

Now, apparently, despite the numerous names for a Creator deity, you've elected to adopt one of three protected for two millennia by blasphemy laws -- and blame atheists for not elbowing you some room to contest the trademark.

I mean, I know we're responsible for a lot: homosexuality, plagues, epidemics of drug-uses and the Trotskyite/neopagan deceit of global warming.

But lack of linguistic militancy on your behalf? And the disrespect of not contesting your faith as strenuously as the dominant faiths controlling key legislatures?

Dude, please.

Look, if it appeases you any, I'm certain your deity is a worthless delusion too. Only to help distinguish which worthless delusion he she or it is, please pick some better nomenclature.

Thanks, Ruv. :)
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:41:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:30:34 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
since about 5CE, God capitalised has only meant the god of Abraham; it has been an act of heresy to say it's anyone else, and an act of blasphemy to refer to that name in other than respectful ways.

(I meant of course the 5th century CE -- apologies. :D)
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:47:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:10:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

Please share your evidence with the rest of us as to the existence of a Multiverse, or the Omniverse as you call it. Also share with us your evidence that any of these, should they exist, are sentient and aware with cognition and volition demonstrated in any way?

Omniverse simply refers to all things that exist, and that is in of itself proof. If it is only 1 universe, than that is the omniverse. If it is 2, or 3, or infinite, than that is the omniverse.

All I need to do to prove that the omniverse possesses sentience, cognition, ect, ect, is to prove a part of it does. Again that is easy to prove.
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:52:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:18:07 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:06:42 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:04:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

Ditto

See my response to him

I've named my cat "God", therefore God exists. Although, this does nothing to address the common meaning of the word "god" ie., transcendent, intelligent, conscious, omnipotent, eternal, etc. Renaming the universe "God" fails in the same manner.

Although your cat does not fit the definition of God, and my view of God does. All knowing, all powerful, ect ect. Since my God is the sum of all things it is the sum of all knowledge also, since knowledge exists the sum of all knowledge does too. I have clarified the definition of God. The only reason my god pisses of Atheists is because it obviously exists and fits the definition of God perfectly. Granted some theists thing God is not all things, that just means they worship only a piece of the true God.
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:55:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:26:58 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

What you are promoting is polytheism. There are many Gods just like there are many universes (multiverse).
And just like Christians believe theirs is the only true God. So too are you trying to prove your perception of God is better or universal. A few physicists have gotten ahead of themselves with their multiverse theories. You just place the word God in every one of their universes.
It is one thing to be a scientist looking for God in his field of discoveries, it is quite another for someone who believes in a God to be thinking he is a scientists. Get an education!!!

Not Polytheism, Panentheism, and you suggest I am the one in need of education. Your ad hominem attacks do not affect me, they just show you have nothing of value to say.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:00:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:47:30 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:10:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

Please share your evidence with the rest of us as to the existence of a Multiverse, or the Omniverse as you call it. Also share with us your evidence that any of these, should they exist, are sentient and aware with cognition and volition demonstrated in any way?

Omniverse simply refers to all things that exist, and that is in of itself proof. If it is only 1 universe, than that is the omniverse. If it is 2, or 3, or infinite, than that is the omniverse.

All I need to do to prove that the omniverse possesses sentience, cognition, ect, ect, is to prove a part of it does. Again that is easy to prove.

Then do so, if you would, please. All you've done so far is make baseless assertions. A few facts would be a nice change of pace.
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:00:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:30:34 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

So 'God' -- capitalised -- is an English word, derived from the proto-Germanic guthan, which originally meant any god. But since about 5CE, God capitalised has only meant the god of Abraham; it has been an act of heresy to say it's anyone else, and an act of blasphemy to refer to that name in other than respectful ways.

Now, UK is the seat of English, and the blasphemy laws were only repealed there in 2008, so there has been some two milennia of Christian monopoly on the trademark. For all that translators frequently translate al ilah ("the god") or Krishna to God, that's a linguistic choice, presupposing that the god of Muslims or Hindus is the god of Abraham -- a fact which Christians have hotly contested.

Now, apparently, despite the numerous names for a Creator deity, you've elected to adopt one of three protected for two millennia by blasphemy laws -- and blame atheists for not elbowing you some room to contest the trademark.

I mean, I know we're responsible for a lot: homosexuality, plagues, epidemics of drug-uses and the Trotskyite/neopagan deceit of global warming.

But lack of linguistic militancy on your behalf? And the disrespect of not contesting your faith as strenuously as the dominant faiths controlling key legislatures?

Dude, please.

Look, if it appeases you any, I'm certain your deity is a worthless delusion too. Only to help distinguish which worthless delusion he she or it is, please pick some better nomenclature.

Thanks, Ruv. :)

Ah, so you are a British Christian Atheist who assumes the British Christians can trademark God. Wow brainwashed beyond belief. You should try traveling the world a bit.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:03:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:00:05 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:47:30 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:10:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

Please share your evidence with the rest of us as to the existence of a Multiverse, or the Omniverse as you call it. Also share with us your evidence that any of these, should they exist, are sentient and aware with cognition and volition demonstrated in any way?

Omniverse simply refers to all things that exist, and that is in of itself proof. If it is only 1 universe, than that is the omniverse. If it is 2, or 3, or infinite, than that is the omniverse.

All I need to do to prove that the omniverse possesses sentience, cognition, ect, ect, is to prove a part of it does. Again that is easy to prove.

Then do so, if you would, please. All you've done so far is make baseless assertions. A few facts would be a nice change of pace.

Oh, and that's also a fallacy. Just because you claim sentience doesn't mean that the space, energy, and matter that surround you is sentient. That's like saying a boulder is alive because it's covered with a living carpet of moss because the moss is alive.
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:03:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

What do you define as God?
You can call me Mark if you like.
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:03:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:00:05 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:47:30 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:10:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

Please share your evidence with the rest of us as to the existence of a Multiverse, or the Omniverse as you call it. Also share with us your evidence that any of these, should they exist, are sentient and aware with cognition and volition demonstrated in any way?

Omniverse simply refers to all things that exist, and that is in of itself proof. If it is only 1 universe, than that is the omniverse. If it is 2, or 3, or infinite, than that is the omniverse.

All I need to do to prove that the omniverse possesses sentience, cognition, ect, ect, is to prove a part of it does. Again that is easy to prove.

Then do so, if you would, please. All you've done so far is make baseless assertions. A few facts would be a nice change of pace.

See if you can follow along, You exist, you are sentient, ect. You are part of the Omniverse which is simply all things that exist. Hence the omniverse possesses sentience. Extrapolate that to any other aspect of god you would like.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:06:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:03:41 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:00:05 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:47:30 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:10:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

Please share your evidence with the rest of us as to the existence of a Multiverse, or the Omniverse as you call it. Also share with us your evidence that any of these, should they exist, are sentient and aware with cognition and volition demonstrated in any way?

Omniverse simply refers to all things that exist, and that is in of itself proof. If it is only 1 universe, than that is the omniverse. If it is 2, or 3, or infinite, than that is the omniverse.

All I need to do to prove that the omniverse possesses sentience, cognition, ect, ect, is to prove a part of it does. Again that is easy to prove.

Then do so, if you would, please. All you've done so far is make baseless assertions. A few facts would be a nice change of pace.

See if you can follow along, You exist, you are sentient, ect. You are part of the Omniverse which is simply all things that exist. Hence the omniverse possesses sentience. Extrapolate that to any other aspect of god you would like.

See my statement above. Just because there are sentient beings within the universe, does not make the universe sentient. That's a foolish statement that has no basis of any kind.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:07:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:52:12 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:18:07 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:06:42 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:04:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

Ditto

See my response to him

I've named my cat "God", therefore God exists. Although, this does nothing to address the common meaning of the word "god" ie., transcendent, intelligent, conscious, omnipotent, eternal, etc. Renaming the universe "God" fails in the same manner.

Although your cat does not fit the definition of God, and my view of God does. All knowing, all powerful, ect ect. Since my God is the sum of all things it is the sum of all knowledge also, since knowledge exists the sum of all knowledge does too. I have clarified the definition of God. The only reason my god pisses of Atheists is because it obviously exists and fits the definition of God perfectly. Granted some theists thing God is not all things, that just means they worship only a piece of the true God.

No, you have changed the definition of god, and eternal, and omnipotent, and omnibenevolent, etc., so you can claim god exists, and in doing so have made all of these words meaningless. If you're satisfied with that, then I accept the universe...er...my cat...oops..god exists. Congratulations!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:16:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Most of them are Ex Christians. That is why.
They simply threw away the childish concept of the man in the sky but they still do not understand the concept as an anthropomorphism at all.

All gods are personifications of something in reality. That includes the Hebrew God.
Very few understand God as a personification of reality in spite of the fact that they can understand Mother Nature as a personification of nature.
Their minds have been so brainwashed by the concept of God as a supernatural man that they cannot think any other way.
They are stuck in a rut of a one track mind and are like broken records which repeat the same lines over and over and over again due to not being capable of moving on to a new track or new line of thinking.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:31:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:16:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Most of them are Ex Christians. That is why.
They simply threw away the childish concept of the man in the sky but they still do not understand the concept as an anthropomorphism at all.

All gods are personifications of something in reality. That includes the Hebrew God.
Very few understand God as a personification of reality in spite of the fact that they can understand Mother Nature as a personification of nature.
Their minds have been so brainwashed by the concept of God as a supernatural man that they cannot think any other way.
They are stuck in a rut of a one track mind and are like broken records which repeat the same lines over and over and over again due to not being capable of moving on to a new track or new line of thinking.

And you want to feel like you have some new way of thinking that makes you superior to the rest of us so you can show us all how great you are. Got news for you. Nothing you say is new and there's still no evidence that the universe is anything but the results of natural processes. Mother Nature is just an anthropomorphic name that children and primitives still think of as an entity, nothing more.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:38:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:06:22 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:03:41 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:00:05 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:47:30 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:10:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

Please share your evidence with the rest of us as to the existence of a Multiverse, or the Omniverse as you call it. Also share with us your evidence that any of these, should they exist, are sentient and aware with cognition and volition demonstrated in any way?

Omniverse simply refers to all things that exist, and that is in of itself proof. If it is only 1 universe, than that is the omniverse. If it is 2, or 3, or infinite, than that is the omniverse.

All I need to do to prove that the omniverse possesses sentience, cognition, ect, ect, is to prove a part of it does. Again that is easy to prove.

Then do so, if you would, please. All you've done so far is make baseless assertions. A few facts would be a nice change of pace.

See if you can follow along, You exist, you are sentient, ect. You are part of the Omniverse which is simply all things that exist. Hence the omniverse possesses sentience. Extrapolate that to any other aspect of god you would like.

See my statement above. Just because there are sentient beings within the universe, does not make the universe sentient. That's a foolish statement that has no basis of any kind.

Does the fact that intelligence is confined to your brain mean you as a whole person are not intelligent?
When I speak to you am I just talking to a brain or am I talking to a whole person?

Is your tiny brain part of a whole universal body or does the whole universal body lack intelligence due to your tiny piece of the universal body lacking intelligence?

Does your own individual body lack intelligence due to your toe lacking intelligence?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:44:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:31:47 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:16:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Most of them are Ex Christians. That is why.
They simply threw away the childish concept of the man in the sky but they still do not understand the concept as an anthropomorphism at all.

All gods are personifications of something in reality. That includes the Hebrew God.
Very few understand God as a personification of reality in spite of the fact that they can understand Mother Nature as a personification of nature.
Their minds have been so brainwashed by the concept of God as a supernatural man that they cannot think any other way.
They are stuck in a rut of a one track mind and are like broken records which repeat the same lines over and over and over again due to not being capable of moving on to a new track or new line of thinking.

And you want to feel like you have some new way of thinking that makes you superior to the rest of us so you can show us all how great you are. Got news for you. Nothing you say is new and there's still no evidence that the universe is anything but the results of natural processes. Mother Nature is just an anthropomorphic name that children and primitives still think of as an entity, nothing more.

Mature thinking is far superior to childish thinking.
However only a mature person would be able to comprehend that fact.

God is also just an anthropomorphic name for Existence that immature people still think of as an entity, nothing more.

God is an anthropomorphic name for all the natural processes of the universe which were and are and are to come due to operating in a CYCLIC pattern.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:45:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:38:39 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:06:22 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:03:41 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:00:05 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:47:30 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:10:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

Please share your evidence with the rest of us as to the existence of a Multiverse, or the Omniverse as you call it. Also share with us your evidence that any of these, should they exist, are sentient and aware with cognition and volition demonstrated in any way?

Omniverse simply refers to all things that exist, and that is in of itself proof. If it is only 1 universe, than that is the omniverse. If it is 2, or 3, or infinite, than that is the omniverse.

All I need to do to prove that the omniverse possesses sentience, cognition, ect, ect, is to prove a part of it does. Again that is easy to prove.

Then do so, if you would, please. All you've done so far is make baseless assertions. A few facts would be a nice change of pace.

See if you can follow along, You exist, you are sentient, ect. You are part of the Omniverse which is simply all things that exist. Hence the omniverse possesses sentience. Extrapolate that to any other aspect of god you would like.

See my statement above. Just because there are sentient beings within the universe, does not make the universe sentient. That's a foolish statement that has no basis of any kind.

Does the fact that intelligence is confined to your brain mean you as a whole person are not intelligent?
When I speak to you am I just talking to a brain or am I talking to a whole person?

Is your tiny brain part of a whole universal body or does the whole universal body lack intelligence due to your tiny piece of the universal body lacking intelligence?

Does your own individual body lack intelligence due to your toe lacking intelligence?

My intelligence is housed in my brain, period. When you speak to me the sound is interpreted as words and concepts by my brain. Because my brain houses my intelligence does not make every part of my body intelligent. Cut off a piece of my fingernail and it is inert, just lying there. Your analogies are faulty and provide no evidence or support to the assertion that the universe (or multiverse or omniverse, whatever new word you want to apply to it) is as a whole intelligent or sentient.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:48:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:44:06 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:31:47 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:16:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Most of them are Ex Christians. That is why.
They simply threw away the childish concept of the man in the sky but they still do not understand the concept as an anthropomorphism at all.

All gods are personifications of something in reality. That includes the Hebrew God.
Very few understand God as a personification of reality in spite of the fact that they can understand Mother Nature as a personification of nature.
Their minds have been so brainwashed by the concept of God as a supernatural man that they cannot think any other way.
They are stuck in a rut of a one track mind and are like broken records which repeat the same lines over and over and over again due to not being capable of moving on to a new track or new line of thinking.

And you want to feel like you have some new way of thinking that makes you superior to the rest of us so you can show us all how great you are. Got news for you. Nothing you say is new and there's still no evidence that the universe is anything but the results of natural processes. Mother Nature is just an anthropomorphic name that children and primitives still think of as an entity, nothing more.

Mature thinking is far superior to childish thinking.
However only a mature person would be able to comprehend that fact.

God is also just an anthropomorphic name for Existence that immature people still think of as an entity, nothing more.

God is an anthropomorphic name for all the natural processes of the universe which were and are and are to come due to operating in a CYCLIC pattern.

No evidence of a cyclic universe, at least not yet. Current evidence suggests a beginning and an end in a cold death when it expands so far and all the available energy has been used.

As for immature, well, I leave that to those who must cling to nonsensical excuses to believe there is more to life than this life because they are emotional children afraid of their end.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 5:06:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:55:39 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:26:58 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

What you are promoting is polytheism. There are many Gods just like there are many universes (multiverse).
And just like Christians believe theirs is the only true God. So too are you trying to prove your perception of God is better or universal. A few physicists have gotten ahead of themselves with their multiverse theories. You just place the word God in every one of their universes.
It is one thing to be a scientist looking for God in his field of discoveries, it is quite another for someone who believes in a God to be thinking he is a scientists. Get an education!!!

Not Polytheism, Panentheism, and you suggest I am the one in need of education. Your ad hominem attacks do not affect me, they just show you have nothing of value to say.

Panentheism does not teach or contain the concept multiverse. It was applied to a simpler concept of the universe. Get that education.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 5:10:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:00:47 PM, drpiek wrote:

Ah, so you are a British Christian Atheist who assumes the British Christians can trademark God. Wow brainwashed beyond belief. You should try traveling the world a bit.

Actually, Australian, and my rejection of religion is partisan (I like Quakers' faith better than Pentecostals, for example), but still universal.

We're a rather interesting English-speaking country though, in that we have, for example, more Buddhists than Baptists among our citizens, and while our federal parliament has been dominated by Church of England and Catholic parishioners, we've had several Muslim members, and our last Prime Minister was an avowed atheist (my point being: we have no great problem electing Muslims and atheists in this country, unlike so many other English-speaking nations.) We're also a country adept at knowing where pretty much every other nation can be found on a map -- unlike certain of our English-speaking brethren. :)

So from that context, I admire the way you've defined your own meaning and associations for God, detached from any linguistic history of usage, yet still call me parochial. :)

Moreover, I'd also point out that blasphemy laws have been pretty commonplace -- even in those countries supposedly defended against them. At the state level, Americans for example, can find find reference to blasphemy laws in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Wyoming. (http://www.nytimes.com...)

Elsewhere, blasphemy remains a statutory offence in Canada (last prosecuted in 1936) and New Zealand (last reaffirmed in the Crimes Act 1961.)

In my own country, Australia hasn't prosecuted a blasphemy law since about 1919 (just as well, since most of us swear like sailors), but federally, blasphemy references were only removed in 1991.

So this is the cultural context in which you're trying to argue, Dr P. The whole English-speaking world carries the legacy of Christian supremacism.

But by all means, blame the atheists for not dismantling it fast enough to support your desire for religious diversity! I confess, I feel more complimented by your respect for our capability than insulted by your ire at our indolence. :)
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 5:51:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:03:41 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:00:05 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:47:30 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:10:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

Please share your evidence with the rest of us as to the existence of a Multiverse, or the Omniverse as you call it. Also share with us your evidence that any of these, should they exist, are sentient and aware with cognition and volition demonstrated in any way?

Omniverse simply refers to all things that exist, and that is in of itself proof. If it is only 1 universe, than that is the omniverse. If it is 2, or 3, or infinite, than that is the omniverse.

All I need to do to prove that the omniverse possesses sentience, cognition, ect, ect, is to prove a part of it does. Again that is easy to prove.

Then do so, if you would, please. All you've done so far is make baseless assertions. A few facts would be a nice change of pace.

See if you can follow along, You exist, you are sentient, ect. You are part of the Omniverse which is simply all things that exist. Hence the omniverse possesses sentience. Extrapolate that to any other aspect of god you would like.

See if you can follow along, planets, moons and stars exist, they are not sentient. they are part of your Omniverse, which as you say, is simply all things that exist. Hence the Omniverse possesses non-sentience.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 6:17:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:03:41 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:00:05 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:47:30 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:10:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:05:37 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:01:21 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 2:50:38 PM, drpiek wrote:
Every time I post something about God, numerous Atheists come and tell me how stupid belief in the God of the bible is. When I explain I do not follow Christianity and I provide my definition of God that is supported in other religions that I also do not follow, I am accused of making up my own definition of God because the Atheists on here were brainwashed to believe the only true way to define God is how the Christians do.

It's just funny how much Christianity has Brainwashed them. They are the polar opposite of the christian religious zealots. I really wish the Atheists here would look into expanding their Atheism to include other religions.

Atheism - NO belief in any god, or gods. Seems pretty comprehensive to me. My particular issue with you is that you try to define your God as the universe and then ascribe characteristics to the known universe that are not in evidence in any way.

I tend to think about it beyond our universe, a multiverse, or even better an Omniverse. That which has all attributes that are to be had. I believe there is strong evidence that all attributes that do exists, actually exists, and my view of God has them all.

Please share your evidence with the rest of us as to the existence of a Multiverse, or the Omniverse as you call it. Also share with us your evidence that any of these, should they exist, are sentient and aware with cognition and volition demonstrated in any way?

Omniverse simply refers to all things that exist, and that is in of itself proof. If it is only 1 universe, than that is the omniverse. If it is 2, or 3, or infinite, than that is the omniverse.

All I need to do to prove that the omniverse possesses sentience, cognition, ect, ect, is to prove a part of it does. Again that is easy to prove.

Then do so, if you would, please. All you've done so far is make baseless assertions. A few facts would be a nice change of pace.

See if you can follow along, You exist, you are sentient, ect. You are part of the Omniverse which is simply all things that exist. Hence the omniverse possesses sentience. Extrapolate that to any other aspect of god you would like.

So the universe wasn't sentient before humans came along only 500,000 years ago?