Jump to topic:

God's Reason in Creating Evil

Angelos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 8:50:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In this topic, discuss the reason why the Biblical God created evil (Biblical definition of evil) in the first place. Otherwise, argue that the reason is unknown to mankind. Or, if you think God didn't create evil, explain why.

CREATION
Isaiah 45:7 states that God creates both peace and evil:

"I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7 NKJV)

"...I bring prosperity and create disaster..." (Isaiah 45:7 NIV)

"...I make peace, and create evil..." (Isaiah 45:7 ASV)

God clearly said that He created both peace and evil.

No Rights to Ask?
Now, Apostle Paul stated that we have no right to question God:

"But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God?" (Romans 9:20)

The verse before that states:

"You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?" (Romans 9:19)

Therefore, people questioned God about evil, but Apostle Paul simply told them that we have no rights to question God.

Now, someone might say that God is unrighteous. However:

"What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!" (Romans 9:14)

"Surely God will never do wickedly, Nor will the Almighty pervert justice." (Job 34:12 NKJV)

"Far be it from God to do wickedness, And from the Almighty to commit iniquity." (Job 34:10 NKJV)

Therefore, God does not do evil, for it is impossible for Him to do evil. However, God, Himself, said that He created evil.

POWER
A possible reason to why God created evil in the first place is to make known His power and wrath:

"What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known...and that He might make known the riches of His glory..." (Romans 9:22-23 NKJV)

"If God needs one style of pottery especially designed to show his angry displeasure and another style carefully crafted to show his glorious goodness, isn't that all right?" (Romans 9:22-33 MSG)

REASON: God has every right to make what He wants. He created evil to show His anger/wrath, and He also creates to show His righteousness.

Lay out your arguments and discuss. Is this reason true? Or will mankind never know the answer?
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 9:02:22 PM
MY>MY MY>God created evil> God Jesus created Lucifer , Angles and Man with a feel will. Enjoy
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 10:30:22 PM
At 2/20/2015 9:02:22 PM, Rant wrote:
MY>MY MY>God created evil> God Jesus created Lucifer , Angles and Man with a feel will. Enjoy
A ' feel will '?.

Enjoy!
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 2:47:25 AM
If the deity exists and is responsible for creating humans, by throwing evil into the mix it ensured it was never bored when being entertained by its human pawns!
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:40:42 AM
At 2/20/2015 8:50:36 PM, Angelos wrote:
In this topic, discuss the reason why the Biblical God created evil (Biblical definition of evil) in the first place. Otherwise, argue that the reason is unknown to mankind. Or, if you think God didn't create evil, explain why.

CREATION

"I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7 NKJV)

No Rights to Ask?

"You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?" (Romans 9:19)

Therefore, people questioned God about evil, but Apostle Paul simply told them that we have no rights to question God.

"What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!" (Romans 9:14)

"Surely God will never do wickedly, Nor will the Almighty pervert justice." (Job 34:12 NKJV)

"Far be it from God to do wickedness, And from the Almighty to commit iniquity." (Job 34:10 NKJV)

Therefore, God does not do evil, for it is impossible for Him to do evil. However, God, Himself, said that He created evil.

POWER
A possible reason to why God created evil in the first place is to make known His power and wrath:

"What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known...and that He might make known the riches of His glory..." (Romans 9:22-23 NKJV)

"If God needs one style of pottery especially designed to show his angry displeasure and another style carefully crafted to show his glorious goodness, isn't that all right?" (Romans 9:22-33 MSG)

REASON: God has every right to make what He wants. He created evil to show His anger/wrath, and He also creates to show His righteousness.

Lay out your arguments and discuss. Is this reason true? Or will mankind never know the answer?

The question I find really interesting is, If God "created" peace and evil, in what container did He keep them?
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 12:08:27 PM
At 2/24/2015 7:40:42 AM, ethang5 wrote:

CREATION

No Rights to Ask?

POWER

The question I find really interesting is, If God "created" peace and evil, in what container did He keep them?

The human mind
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 12:16:13 PM

CREATION

No Rights to Ask?

POWER

How is visiting evil acts on innocent women and children in any way righteous? That would serve no purpose in glorifying him or showing his goodness. What a pantload.

Second, just because some anonymous author who claimed to be Paul told us we shouldn't question god doesn't mean a thing. If you hurt people without cause then you deserve to be challenged, I don't give a royal rat's rump who you are.

The simple fact is that there is no good reason for creating evil. If there were no evil then no one would have to suffer needlessly and there would be no reason for the eternal punishment of hell. It's simple. There is no God of the bible, no creator. Evil is part human nature and only humans can decide to be good or evil.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 12:21:21 PM
At 2/24/2015 12:08:27 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:40:42 AM, ethang5 wrote:

CREATION

No Rights to Ask?

POWER

The human mind

That must be from the book of Drpiek Chapter 4 Verse 19. Wonder why one Holy Book would have God "creating" evil while another "holy book" would have where He kept them? Why not just put both truths in one book?

But we all know the Bible right? For example,

Jas 2:3 - And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:

People are gay, clothing cannot be gay! The Bible is stereotyping gay people. And what would "gay" clothing look like anyway?

Isn't it sad when an argument requires the one advancing it to be stupid? Who cares, as long as we get to convict God of evil right?