Jump to topic:

Ask a GROWN UP

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 10:29:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I notice that "others" have their "Ask a" topics and that there was a need for something a bit more GROWN UP.

any questions?

WARNING before asking a question do your research and count to infinity.
then ask away....
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 3:33:18 AM
At 2/20/2015 10:29:09 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I notice that "others" have their "Ask a" topics and that there was a need for something a bit more GROWN UP.

any questions?

then ask away....

Children obviously have no clue what questions to ask grown ups.
It seems that in the last five hours no grown ups want to ask any other grown ups anything.
Are they all taking nanna naps?

What is the requirement for being a REAL grown up as opposed to a person who is just pretending to be a grown up?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 4:50:34 AM
At 2/21/2015 3:33:18 AM, Skyangel wrote:

any questions?

then ask away....

It seems that in the last five hours no grown ups want to ask any other grown ups anything.

What is the requirement for being a REAL grown up as opposed to a person who is just pretending to be a grown up?

EE: A REAL GROWN UP can not be offended or confused by superstitious nonsense.

A make believe and pretend grown up will do their best to try and ignore posting on this topic as they wait for "someone else" to make believe and pretend before them.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 6:14:01 AM

any questions?

Absolutely! My parents promised I would understand a lot of hypocrisy, cruelty, short-term thinking, magical thinking, privileging the privileged and selective memory when I grew up.

Unfortunately, I don't.

Please can you explain it?

Thank you.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 8:44:51 AM

any questions?

then ask away....

Are u really a grown up? Let's put that to test...

http://www.businessnewsdaily.com...

http://7-themes.com...

Which of those excite you the most?
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 10:31:41 AM

any questions?

then ask away....

What is the most important lesson you have learned in life?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:53:42 PM
At 2/21/2015 6:14:01 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

any questions?

Absolutely! My parents promised I would understand a lot of hypocrisy, cruelty, short-term thinking, magical thinking, privileging the privileged and selective memory when I grew up.

Unfortunately, I don't.

Please can you explain it?

Thank you.

EE: The answer is within your question.

Your parents never figured it out either as most can't and won't.
Has to do with that old superstitious stuff getting in the way of any clear thought.

Did your parents program you with santa claus, and if so, how old were you when you grew out of that phase?

I ask that question as that is where the superstitious stuff gets it foothold most times.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 1:07:46 PM
At 2/21/2015 8:44:51 AM, Otokage wrote:

any questions?

then ask away....

EE: The candy, Not that I want to eat it. I just found the picture of the "old time" candy selection very colorful and it brought back memories of the old time candy stores they had around when I was younger. Back in the days of hippies when people could be found standing around with signs saying that "The END is NEAR".

As for the picture of the so called "hot woman" I just see a flat image of some woman or possibly a confused male playing dress up.

When I see a "interesting looking" woman when I'm out in public, the first thought that goes through my mind is "I wonder what sort of mental malfunctions they have".

How did I do on the test?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 1:13:54 PM
At 2/21/2015 10:31:41 AM, drpiek wrote:

any questions?

then ask away....

What is the most important lesson you have learned in life?

EE: That's a great question.
I learned when very young that with wisdom and patience I could be, do and get anything I wanted.

Seems I was correct in my choices as I LIVE beyond my "childhood dreams" and then some.

Also "measure twice and cut once.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 1:52:33 PM
At 2/21/2015 12:53:42 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

Did your parents program you with santa claus,

Yes, but it's not programming; it's the right of every parent to educate their child as they choose.

if so, how old were you when you grew out of that phase?

What do you mean? Santa Claus is real! He drinks milk, eats cookies and leaves gifts under the tree according to the socio-economic status of your parents!

What you may not realise, EE, is there's some non-standard doctrine you have to adopt in order to understand Santa better. It has been revealed to me that he shrinks his sleigh on Christmas Eve, comes in under the door (as most people no longer have chimneys), and then ascends the nostrils of your father to inhabit his body and distribute gifts. This is not the only time he does this -- sometimes he inhabits the body of your father while Dad's out Christmas shopping, and then tucks the presents at the top of the wardrobe and forces Dad to forget about them.

I'll admit, he's awfully quick about it, and I've never caught him yet. But you can't say categorically that he doesn't do that, can you?

And if you're worried about doctrinal cherry-picking, it has been revealed to me that early myths about reindeer and chimneys were just the ignorant Finns trying to come to terms with the numinous, so you needn't worry about that.

I ask that question as that is where the superstitious stuff gets it foothold most times.

But faith is good for us, EE! It gives us solace, hope and purpose! Everyone says so!

Who are you to denounce the faith of billions of children as a lie!
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 2:24:27 PM
At 2/21/2015 4:50:34 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

any questions?

then ask away....

A make believe and pretend grown up will do their best to try and ignore posting on this topic as they wait for "someone else" to make believe and pretend before them.

Why do you think so many adults who like to believe they are grown ups, also believe in invisible supernatural friends?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 2:27:34 PM
At 2/21/2015 1:52:33 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:53:42 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

Did your parents program you with santa claus,

Yes, but it's not programming; it's the right of every parent to educate their child as they choose.

if so, how old were you when you grew out of that phase?

What do you mean? Santa Claus is real! He drinks milk, eats cookies and leaves gifts under the tree according to the socio-economic status of your parents!

What you may not realise, EE, is there's some non-standard doctrine you have to adopt in order to understand Santa better. It has been revealed to me that he shrinks his sleigh on Christmas Eve, comes in under the door (as most people no longer have chimneys), and then ascends the nostrils of your father to inhabit his body and distribute gifts. This is not the only time he does this -- sometimes he inhabits the body of your father while Dad's out Christmas shopping, and then tucks the presents at the top of the wardrobe and forces Dad to forget about them.

I'll admit, he's awfully quick about it, and I've never caught him yet. But you can't say categorically that he doesn't do that, can you?

And if you're worried about doctrinal cherry-picking, it has been revealed to me that early myths about reindeer and chimneys were just the ignorant Finns trying to come to terms with the numinous, so you needn't worry about that.

But faith is good for us, EE! It gives us solace, hope and purpose! Everyone says so!

EE: I AM a GROWN UP that has left the childish ways of deceptions and lies called good behind me with the diapers and such.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 3:10:33 PM
At 2/21/2015 2:24:27 PM, Skyangel wrote:

any questions?

then ask away....

Why do you think so many adults who like to believe they are grown ups, also believe in invisible supernatural friends?

EE: I have a aunt that is in her late 70's and she believes that those such as J. Vernon McGee have the best answers.
Now don't get me wrong on J. Vernon McGee as my aunt gave me the gift of a set of the McGee hard cover books and I did read the whole set in time. I found it interesting reading at the time as I was much younger and I did and still do have a great thirst for Learning what makes others "act" the WAY that they do.

But anywho, I got a bit "off topic" with where this story was going..

About 5 years ago my aunt asked me if I could help her with some garden chores as her health and age were slowing her down so that she couldn't keep up with her many flower, berries and food stuffs gardens that were all in raised beds. She was cutting back on the number of these raised bed boxes she had around their large property. The average size of a raised bed was 4 foot by 16 feet long and about 2 foot in hight filled with black dirt and such.

Now stay with me as a good story always takes a bit longer then a fast copy and paste.

but anywho who, My aunt wanted ME personally to help her and for company.
I asked her why she couldn't get some of the many grandchildren to help her out. She went on about how they were not what she wanted, that she wanted me to come out of retirement for a spell and help and visit with her as we played among the flowers, fruits and vegetables. Did you know that a tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable? Thought I would add that in as a added BONUS.

But anyway, I came out of retirement and took on the 2 month tour of duty. Oh, did I mention that they have a private pond along the property. When I say pond, that is only because it is not quite large enough to be a lake. It has fish in it that you can catch and eat and such.

So now we are getting to the CRUX of the biscuit, as Frank Zappa would say.

During one of our many little visits I asked my 70 something aunt why she ignored and rejected certain parts of scripture that would show that her personal belief was in ERROR.

She quit working on the flower plant for a moment and looked over at me with a smile,

and said that she wanted to believe what she wanted to believe and then went back to her flowers as if nothing had happened.

During one of our many little visits we had as I helped her with her garden, she told me that I was much the same as I was when young. That I don't seem to change.

I get that same description from most of the people that have known me for many years.

I AM that I AM
most overly wonderful and then some...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 3:55:23 PM
At 2/21/2015 3:10:33 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
At 2/21/2015 2:24:27 PM, Skyangel wrote:

any questions?

then ask away....

EE: I have a aunt that is in her late 70's and she believes that those such as J. Vernon McGee have the best answers.
Now don't get me wrong on J. Vernon McGee as my aunt gave me the gift of a set of the McGee hard cover books and I did read the whole set in time. I found it interesting reading at the time as I was much younger and I did and still do have a great thirst for Learning what makes others "act" the WAY that they do.

But anywho, I got a bit "off topic" with where this story was going..

About 5 years ago my aunt asked me if I could help her with some garden chores as her health and age were slowing her down so that she couldn't keep up with her many flower, berries and food stuffs gardens that were all in raised beds. She was cutting back on the number of these raised bed boxes she had around their large property. The average size of a raised bed was 4 foot by 16 feet long and about 2 foot in hight filled with black dirt and such.

Now stay with me as a good story always takes a bit longer then a fast copy and paste.

but anywho who, My aunt wanted ME personally to help her and for company.
I asked her why she couldn't get some of the many grandchildren to help her out. She went on about how they were not what she wanted, that she wanted me to come out of retirement for a spell and help and visit with her as we played among the flowers, fruits and vegetables. Did you know that a tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable? Thought I would add that in as a added BONUS.

But anyway, I came out of retirement and took on the 2 month tour of duty. Oh, did I mention that they have a private pond along the property. When I say pond, that is only because it is not quite large enough to be a lake. It has fish in it that you can catch and eat and such.

So now we are getting to the CRUX of the biscuit, as Frank Zappa would say.

During one of our many little visits I asked my 70 something aunt why she ignored and rejected certain parts of scripture that would show that her personal belief was in ERROR.

She quit working on the flower plant for a moment and looked over at me with a smile,

and said that she wanted to believe what she wanted to believe and then went back to her flowers as if nothing had happened.

During one of our many little visits we had as I helped her with her garden, she told me that I was much the same as I was when young. That I don't seem to change.

I get that same description from most of the people that have known me for many years.

I AM that I AM
most overly wonderful and then some...

So the short answer is because they CHOOSE to believe whatever they want to believe regardless of whether there is anything is scripture or any other place which can show their beliefs are in error or don't quite make sense.
They simply cherry pick the scriptures they like and reject and ignore those that don't fit in with their beliefs.

Do you think it is wise for people to believe only what they want to believe and simply reject and ignore things which show their beliefs to be in error?
If not, why not?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 4:26:27 PM
Skyangel: So the short answer is because they CHOOSE to believe whatever they want to believe regardless of whether there is anything is scripture or any other place which can show their beliefs are in error or don't quite make sense.
They simply cherry pick the scriptures they like and reject and ignore those that don't fit in with their beliefs.

EE: That's the simple of it.

Skyangel: Do you think it is wise for people to believe only what they want to believe and simply reject and ignore things which show their beliefs to be in error?
If not, why not?

EE: It is NOT wise, but then the thirst and search of wisdom goes hand and hand with the Truth that those of the MANY CHOOSE to REJECT and IGNORE.

There has always been the WIDE path that is the POPULAR path with the lazy daydreamers, schemers and slaves of superstitious concepts.

Most try and figure out a way to keep santa and such ALIVE.
The PROOF is all around us to been seen.

If the world had more GROWN UPS we would be growing out of the notions of deceptions and lies called good.

But that will NEVER happen as a WHOLE as there is nothing new under the sun when the normal popular MA$$E$ try and have their FUN.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 4:31:02 PM

any questions?

then ask away....

Is it part of growing up to brag to everyone how grown up you are?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 5:32:53 PM
At 2/21/2015 4:31:02 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

any questions?

then ask away....

Is it part of growing up to brag to everyone how grown up you are?

EE: Seems that even main stream societies agree with me on that, well in a way.

I remember seeing a disposable diaper commercial years back where they were designed as a sort of "training diaper" that could be pulled down and up like padded underwear. The catch phrase was, the little boy singing "I'm a BIG boy now".

I mentioned that there was a slight disagreement in that I never wore diapers once I could understand how to get them off and sling the nappy and run around like a little Adam watering and fertilizing the flora and such.

I AM very "reserved" here on this forum. In person I can be very overwhelming for most as politically correct I AM not, but I do have a great understanding of proper manners and most customs.

EE, most overly wonderful and then some.
works for me...
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 5:34:59 PM
At 2/21/2015 2:27:34 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

EE: I AM a GROWN UP that has left the childish ways of deceptions and lies called good behind me with the diapers and such.

With all due respect for your age, that was not a very well reasoned "adult" response to that question. Was it?
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 5:42:16 PM
At 2/21/2015 5:34:59 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:

With all due respect for your age, that was not a very well reasoned "adult" response to that question. Was it?

EE: I will be fair and let Nanny Sky answer that question from her viewpoint.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 5:44:18 PM

Yes but... a grown-up with NO SANTA!

Santa gave it.
I've got it.
That settles it!

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 5:49:17 PM
At 2/21/2015 5:44:18 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

Yes but... a grown-up with NO SANTA!

Santa gave it.
I've got it.
That settles it!

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

EE: I follow and observe NO so called holidays or rituals. I don't even do anything different or special on my birthday.

I suppose I could say that everyday was a holiday and birthday to me.

I march to the beat of my own drum set.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 6:04:47 PM
At 2/21/2015 5:49:17 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I follow and observe NO so called holidays or rituals. I don't even do anything different or special on my birthday.

(Light-hearted parodies aside, I'm the same, EE. I observe two special days: Mrs Draba's and my anniversary and a special day called Chicken Day, which we co-discovered.)
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 6:35:10 PM
Skyangel: Do you think it is wise for people to believe only what they want to believe and simply reject and ignore things which show their beliefs to be in error?
If not, why not?

EE: It is NOT wise, but then the thirst and search of wisdom goes hand and hand with the Truth that those of the MANY CHOOSE to REJECT and IGNORE.

Like REJECTING and IGNORING the TRUTH that ALL supernatural gods are mythical due to their own DESIRE to BELIEVE one invisible supernatural character is real?
They want their own faith to be true so they create their own reality and truth to fit what they want?

There has always been the WIDE path that is the POPULAR path with the lazy daydreamers, schemers and slaves of superstitious concepts.

Do you think that is due to PEER PRESSURE and wanting to fit in and be accepted by those who consider themselves as"NORMAL SOCIETY" rather than be an "outsider"?
Do you think it has something to do with being afraid of rejection? They are afraid to stray from the "BORG" which tells people what they should believe and what they should not believe rather than encouraging people to think outside the boxes of what is generally accepted?

Most try and figure out a way to keep santa and such ALIVE.
The PROOF is all around us to been seen.

Obviously fiction plays a huge part in the lives of humans.

If the world had more GROWN UPS we would be growing out of the notions of deceptions and lies called good.

GROWN UPS, at least those who believe they are grown ups are the creators of the FICTIONS and FANTASIES which they teach to their children. Therefore is it not the GROWN UPS fault in the first place that their children end up believing in fairy tales, fictions and fantasies?

But that will NEVER happen as a WHOLE as there is nothing new under the sun when the normal popular MA$$E$ try and have their FUN.

Grown ups have their fun by deceiving children and playing tricks on them like "I got your nose" It seems harmless fun on all outward appearances but when the game of "I got your nose" ends up getting into more advanced versions, the professional con artists make a HUGE PROFIT from selling IMITATIONS and FAKES as the REAL thing.
Selling VIRTUAL REALITY is a popular fad these days. It is the fashion most BUY into because it is more FUN than TRUE REALITY.
Living in fantasy land is what most want to do and wish they could do forever in the land of happy ever after where there is no responsibility to take for ones actions since there is never a negative consequence.

Obviously there is a vast difference between GROWN UPS who are mentally mature and stable GROWN UPS who are not.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 7:29:25 PM
At 2/21/2015 5:42:16 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
At 2/21/2015 5:34:59 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:

Everyone? Does it make any difference what you have faith in? If a person has faith that a lie is true, how does that give them purpose in life? What kind of purpose does it give them? A reason and purpose to keep telling the same lie and selling it as truth?

Do you ever denounce the childish beliefs of children as a belief in fairy tales?
If so, who are you to claim they are believing in fairy tales?
Don't those fairy tales and invisible friends give them solace and comfort which they cannot find in reality due to not having any REAL people or friends to solace and comfort them?

What is faulty about the reasoning in your opinion? Curious minds would like to know.
Adult reasoning is always well reasoned in adult minds. However no child can understand a grown ups reasoning. Neither do they always consider it to be fair or well reasoned.

EE: I will be fair and let Nanny Sky answer that question from her viewpoint.

In my perception, EE is saying is that mature adults put childish ways including childish thinking behind them. That seems to be the reasoning of a person who has been there and done that and knows from experience.

Mature adults do not think that deception and lies are good. Neither do they call them good. They do not tell others something is true and real when they know it is not true or real. They do not play pretend games with people without making sure the ones they are playing with understand they are just pretending.
That is the reasoning of an honest person who treats others with the kind of honesty with which he would like to be treated.

The faith of billions of children in fairy tales is faith in a lie. It is faith in something which is not true. It is faith in a myth.

Teaching children to have faith in myths and fairy tales is the same as encouraging them to believe in something that is not real or true.

Obviously some children never grow out of their beliefs and faith in fictional characters. They simply replace childish fictional characters with adult fictional characters and have a more spiritually acceptable faith in invisible spiritual characters who are supposedly more real than fairy tale characters.

Those who have faith in mythical characters, most likely won't be able to follow that logic or reasoning because their own beliefs won't allow them to make sense of it.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 8:06:11 PM
At 2/21/2015 1:07:46 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

any questions?

then ask away....

EE: The candy, Not that I want to eat it. I just found the picture of the "old time" candy selection very colorful and it brought back memories of the old time candy stores they had around when I was younger. Back in the days of hippies when people could be found standing around with signs saying that "The END is NEAR".

As for the picture of the so called "hot woman" I just see a flat image of some woman or possibly a confused male playing dress up.

When I see a "interesting looking" woman when I'm out in public, the first thought that goes through my mind is "I wonder what sort of mental malfunctions they have".

The test says you are an adult, and gay.

So now if you would like to take my phone number...
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 8:41:22 PM
At 2/21/2015 8:06:11 PM, Otokage wrote:

any questions?

then ask away....

EE: Well mate I feels a bit gay today as the sun was a shining and the cold snorts from the nose of old man winter were bearable for a winter daze.

When I first read your post it gave me a good laugh.

If others would choose to view me as a sort of "gay" that is sexually confused, have at it as long as you keep your manners within reason.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:12:08 PM
At 2/21/2015 8:41:22 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

EE: Well mate I feels a bit gay today as the sun was a shining and the cold snorts from the nose of old man winter were bearable for a winter daze.

If others would choose to view me as a sort of "gay" that is sexually confused, have at it as long as you keep your manners within reason.

That is hilarious since I am aware that you also wonder what sort of mental malfunctions MEN have when you meet them.

To share a gaytime is a friendly thing to do.
http://shop.coles.com.au...
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:27:22 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:12:08 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/21/2015 8:41:22 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

That is hilarious since I am aware that you also wonder what sort of mental malfunctions MEN have when you meet them.

To share a gaytime is a friendly thing to do.
http://shop.coles.com.au...

EE: I AM a VERY fair person with ALL.

I keep it simple, I like those that like me.
Don't matter much to me what differences they may have from mine.

I have always been interested in Learning about different peoples and their antics.

I AM mostly "G" rated as that works for me.

But I have a understanding of other ratings.

Many will try and take apart what should be left together and then try and put together what should be left apart.

Very FEW prefer things on a more simple, frugal and relaxing level where you think away the day and accomplish something of True substance at the "end of the day" or daze as may be.

the world is but a stage and the people but the players
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:58:50 PM
At 2/24/2015 3:55:20 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
Any more questions, or is it still nap time?

How did our Creator, who is invisible to His creation, create and form everything we observe?