Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

In Support of Traditional Marriage

wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:02:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Are you really??????
Starting at what arbitrary point in time?????
How would you defend your arbitrary point in time????
Do you even know what the "tradition" of marriage is????
Do you wish to remain willfully ignorant?????

https://signposts02.wordpress.com...

"There is no detailed account of a Christian wedding ceremony until the 9th Century, it wasnt until the 12th Century that a priest became involved in the ceremony and not until the 13th Century that he took charge of it."

So, if you are a Creationist, what many consider "traditional" marriage is a fairly new invention.

There are numerous other google search results that support the above link. I couldn't find any that disputed it.

Jesus and Paul both said it was better to remain celibate. Is that what you want and advocate? What if we were all following Jesus' admonition and remained celibate?
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 10:51:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 9:24:00 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
Could it be that the right wingnuts are stymied and tongue tied?

Hmmmm. Truths seem to do that to them.

No, they view your post as too ridiculous to warrant a response.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:05:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 9:24:00 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
Could it be that the right wingnuts are stymied and tongue tied?

Hmmmm. Truths seem to do that to them.

They are too busy lynching black people.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:14:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 10:51:10 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/21/2015 9:24:00 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
Could it be that the right wingnuts are stymied and tongue tied?

Hmmmm. Truths seem to do that to them.

No, they view your post as too ridiculous to warrant a response.

What, pray tell, is ridiculous about it?
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:50:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 11:14:45 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 2/21/2015 10:51:10 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 2/21/2015 9:24:00 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
Could it be that the right wingnuts are stymied and tongue tied?

Hmmmm. Truths seem to do that to them.

No, they view your post as too ridiculous to warrant a response.

What, pray tell, is ridiculous about it?

"There is no detailed account of a Christian wedding ceremony until the 9th Century"

So? There is no account of a Christian homosexual marriage, period - detailed or not.

"So, if you are a Creationist, what many consider "traditional" marriage is a fairly new invention."

What does being a creationist have to do with the price of tea in China?

"How would you defend your arbitrary point in time????"

Why, there is no arbitrary "point in time". We want to know what Christians did in the 1st century, the 5th, the 10th, the 15th, and the 20th. If men were marrying men back yonder, especially in NT times, and such was condoned, then we need to know it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 5:40:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
A same-sex marriage between the two men Pedro D"az and Mu"o Vandilaz in the Galician municipality of Rairiz de Veiga in Spain occurred on 16 April 1061. They were married by a priest at a small chapel. The historic documents about the church wedding were found at Monastery of San Salvador de Celanova.[43]
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 5:44:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
http://en.m.wikipedia.org...: At 2/22/2015 5:40:59 AM, wsmunit7 wrote:
A same-sex marriage between the two men Pedro D"az and Mu"o Vandilaz in the Galician municipality of Rairiz de Veiga in Spain occurred on 16 April 1061. They were married by a priest at a small chapel. The historic documents about the church wedding were found at Monastery of San Salvador de Celanova.[43]

You must not have wanted to know very badly, or you could easily have found this yourself.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 5:57:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
As long as children are not disadvantaged it is up to people to decide what suits them best in this regard.

My parents stayed married for 58 years, probably because they were 'born agains'. However they didn't get on, and I remember begging them to get a divorce when I was a kid!
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 9:14:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 5:57:37 AM, JJ50 wrote:
As long as children are not disadvantaged it is up to people to decide what suits them best in this regard.

My parents stayed married for 58 years, probably because they were 'born agains'. However they didn't get on, and I remember begging them to get a divorce when I was a kid!

Why did you want them to get divorced?
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 9:39:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 9:14:41 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 5:57:37 AM, JJ50 wrote:
As long as children are not disadvantaged it is up to people to decide what suits them best in this regard.

My parents stayed married for 58 years, probably because they were 'born agains'. However they didn't get on, and I remember begging them to get a divorce when I was a kid!

Why did you want them to get divorced?

Because they were ALWAYS arguing, my younger siblings and I used to sit at the top of the stairs many a night listening to them going at it. It wasn't pleasant, I assure you. Goodness knows why they married! When we left home we would have phone calls from one or other of them moaning about the other! My father checked himself into a residential home in the end to get away from mother. Hours before he died she managed to have a row with him, even though she knew he was about to die! I didn't forgive her for that one, and didn't bother to attend her funeral as it was inconvenient for me to do so!

I am so grateful all my siblings and I don't have relationships like that with our partners, nor do my married children.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 9:43:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 9:39:41 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 9:14:41 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 5:57:37 AM, JJ50 wrote:
As long as children are not disadvantaged it is up to people to decide what suits them best in this regard.

My parents stayed married for 58 years, probably because they were 'born agains'. However they didn't get on, and I remember begging them to get a divorce when I was a kid!

Why did you want them to get divorced?

Because they were ALWAYS arguing, my younger siblings and I used to sit at the top of the stairs many a night listening to them going at it. It wasn't pleasant, I assure you. Goodness knows why they married! When we left home we would have phone calls from one or other of them moaning about the other! My father checked himself into a residential home in the end to get away from mother. Hours before he died she managed to have a row with him, even though she knew he was about to die! I didn't forgive her for that one, and didn't bother to attend her funeral as it was inconvenient for me to do so!

I am so grateful all my siblings and I don't have relationships like that with our partners, nor do my married children.

Well, guess it's old fashioned. While I'm against divorce, I won't criticize somebody who does it for good reasons. Like maybe involving the children or ones own health. Even if they were born agains, they should've known God won't hold them over that sin if they still have faith.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 9:50:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 9:43:54 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 9:39:41 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 9:14:41 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 5:57:37 AM, JJ50 wrote:
As long as children are not disadvantaged it is up to people to decide what suits them best in this regard.

My parents stayed married for 58 years, probably because they were 'born agains'. However they didn't get on, and I remember begging them to get a divorce when I was a kid!

Why did you want them to get divorced?

Because they were ALWAYS arguing, my younger siblings and I used to sit at the top of the stairs many a night listening to them going at it. It wasn't pleasant, I assure you. Goodness knows why they married! When we left home we would have phone calls from one or other of them moaning about the other! My father checked himself into a residential home in the end to get away from mother. Hours before he died she managed to have a row with him, even though she knew he was about to die! I didn't forgive her for that one, and didn't bother to attend her funeral as it was inconvenient for me to do so!

I am so grateful all my siblings and I don't have relationships like that with our partners, nor do my married children.

Well, guess it's old fashioned. While I'm against divorce, I won't criticize somebody who does it for good reasons. Like maybe involving the children or ones own health. Even if they were born agains, they should've known God won't hold them over that sin if they still have faith.

I think it far better to divorce if your marriage isn't working, staying together for the sake of the kids, doesn't work. Not that I am suggesting for one minute my parents stayed together for that reason.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:52:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 9:50:10 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 9:43:54 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 9:39:41 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 9:14:41 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 5:57:37 AM, JJ50 wrote:
As long as children are not disadvantaged it is up to people to decide what suits them best in this regard.

My parents stayed married for 58 years, probably because they were 'born agains'. However they didn't get on, and I remember begging them to get a divorce when I was a kid!

Why did you want them to get divorced?

Because they were ALWAYS arguing, my younger siblings and I used to sit at the top of the stairs many a night listening to them going at it. It wasn't pleasant, I assure you. Goodness knows why they married! When we left home we would have phone calls from one or other of them moaning about the other! My father checked himself into a residential home in the end to get away from mother. Hours before he died she managed to have a row with him, even though she knew he was about to die! I didn't forgive her for that one, and didn't bother to attend her funeral as it was inconvenient for me to do so!

I am so grateful all my siblings and I don't have relationships like that with our partners, nor do my married children.

Well, guess it's old fashioned. While I'm against divorce, I won't criticize somebody who does it for good reasons. Like maybe involving the children or ones own health. Even if they were born agains, they should've known God won't hold them over that sin if they still have faith.

I think it far better to divorce if your marriage isn't working, staying together for the sake of the kids, doesn't work. Not that I am suggesting for one minute my parents stayed together for that reason.

Only God knows why they decided to stay together. Staying together for the sake of the kids only works if a change happens. Sometimes it happens and works, other times, the kids start saying things like "I don't know why you haven't broke things off with him yet." Some people like misery in my opinion. My mom is dating a guy who has in the past, tried to be like a forceful parent to her 2 kids, break her finger in a drunk rage, and be a stalker. She still forgives and loves him by saying "he didn't mean to." I can understand forgiving, buying would never defend somebody's actions like that.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 11:55:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 10:52:14 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 9:50:10 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 9:43:54 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 9:39:41 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 9:14:41 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 5:57:37 AM, JJ50 wrote:
As long as children are not disadvantaged it is up to people to decide what suits them best in this regard.

My parents stayed married for 58 years, probably because they were 'born agains'. However they didn't get on, and I remember begging them to get a divorce when I was a kid!

Why did you want them to get divorced?

Because they were ALWAYS arguing, my younger siblings and I used to sit at the top of the stairs many a night listening to them going at it. It wasn't pleasant, I assure you. Goodness knows why they married! When we left home we would have phone calls from one or other of them moaning about the other! My father checked himself into a residential home in the end to get away from mother. Hours before he died she managed to have a row with him, even though she knew he was about to die! I didn't forgive her for that one, and didn't bother to attend her funeral as it was inconvenient for me to do so!

I am so grateful all my siblings and I don't have relationships like that with our partners, nor do my married children.

Well, guess it's old fashioned. While I'm against divorce, I won't criticize somebody who does it for good reasons. Like maybe involving the children or ones own health. Even if they were born agains, they should've known God won't hold them over that sin if they still have faith.

I think it far better to divorce if your marriage isn't working, staying together for the sake of the kids, doesn't work. Not that I am suggesting for one minute my parents stayed together for that reason.

Only God knows why they decided to stay together. Staying together for the sake of the kids only works if a change happens. Sometimes it happens and works, other times, the kids start saying things like "I don't know why you haven't broke things off with him yet." Some people like misery in my opinion. My mom is dating a guy who has in the past, tried to be like a forceful parent to her 2 kids, break her finger in a drunk rage, and be a stalker. She still forgives and loves him by saying "he didn't mean to." I can understand forgiving, buying would never defend somebody's actions like that.

Their belief in the deity wasn't much use to them, I think it made the situation worse not better. I fervently wish they hadn't been religious, and I had never heard of the deity or Jesus! Anyway the reason they stayed together probably had nothing to do with religion, but much more to do with inheritance issues. Where I came from there were some quaint old fashioned laws regarding such matters when I was young.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 12:05:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 11:05:34 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/21/2015 9:24:00 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
Could it be that the right wingnuts are stymied and tongue tied?

Hmmmm. Truths seem to do that to them.

They are too busy lynching black people.

WHITEMURICUH!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Bible-Prophecy
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 3:38:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
THE BIBLICAL DEFINITION OF MARRIAGE

The Holy Bible says,
For example, By law a married woman is bound to her husband.... (Romans 7:2).

Marriage should be honored by all,
and the marriage bed kept pure,
for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
(Hebrews 13:4).


At 2/21/2015 9:02:03 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
Are you really??????
Starting at what arbitrary point in time?????
How would you defend your arbitrary point in time????
Do you even know what the "tradition" of marriage is????
Do you wish to remain willfully ignorant?????

https://signposts02.wordpress.com...

"There is no detailed account of a Christian wedding ceremony until the 9th Century, it wasnt until the 12th Century that a priest became involved in the ceremony and not until the 13th Century that he took charge of it."

So, if you are a Creationist, what many consider "traditional" marriage is a fairly new invention.

There are numerous other google search results that support the above link. I couldn't find any that disputed it.

Jesus and Paul both said it was better to remain celibate. Is that what you want and advocate? What if we were all following Jesus' admonition and remained celibate?