Total Posts:163|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Gender of God

breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:08:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

A spirit in my views from studying scripture has no gender. The body may have a gender, but the spirit does not since the same spirit can be in another body. The reason why He is used for God is that in that culture, people referred to men as the head authority.
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:15:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:08:07 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

A spirit in my views from studying scripture has no gender. The body may have a gender, but the spirit does not since the same spirit can be in another body. The reason why He is used for God is that in that culture, people referred to men as the head authority.

God is said to have a throne, inhabit heaven as His dwelling place and yet "heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain" Him. So how can He be said to have a throne and a dwelling place and yet be uncontainable? Ps. 139:7 indicates that God"s spirit and His presence can be equivalent terms. Therefore he is not a spirit, he is something else because "Spirit" is separate from "God".
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:23:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:15:24 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:08:07 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

A spirit in my views from studying scripture has no gender. The body may have a gender, but the spirit does not since the same spirit can be in another body. The reason why He is used for God is that in that culture, people referred to men as the head authority.

God is said to have a throne, inhabit heaven as His dwelling place and yet "heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain" Him. So how can He be said to have a throne and a dwelling place and yet be uncontainable? Ps. 139:7 indicates that God"s spirit and His presence can be equivalent terms. Therefore he is not a spirit, he is something else because "Spirit" is separate from "God".

No, God is The Father, Son and Spirit in one. The trinity. Note that some of the parts in the bible are also metaphors. The throne does not mean literal throne seat. If I were to tell you I saw this red car 'flying' down the road, would you assume i'm talking about a flying red car?
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:30:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

The earliest text we have for it uses male and female terms interchangeably (at least in the book of Genesis which I have studied pretty extensively for class), it was then edited to be male only in current translations.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:32:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:23:45 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:15:24 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:08:07 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

A spirit in my views from studying scripture has no gender. The body may have a gender, but the spirit does not since the same spirit can be in another body. The reason why He is used for God is that in that culture, people referred to men as the head authority.

God is said to have a throne, inhabit heaven as His dwelling place and yet "heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain" Him. So how can He be said to have a throne and a dwelling place and yet be uncontainable? Ps. 139:7 indicates that God"s spirit and His presence can be equivalent terms. Therefore he is not a spirit, he is something else because "Spirit" is separate from "God".

No, God is The Father, Son and Spirit in one. The trinity. Note that some of the parts in the bible are also metaphors. The throne does not mean literal throne seat. If I were to tell you I saw this red car 'flying' down the road, would you assume i'm talking about a flying red car?

A father and his son are necessarily two separate and distinct individuals. A single individual can be both a father and a son at the same time - a father to one person and a son to another person. But no one can be the same person as his own son, and no person can be the same individual as his own father!
Further, the passages describe both an "I" and a "He" (or "me" and "him"). Use of both these terms also necessarily implies plurality of individuals.
And further note that 2 John 9 expressly mentions "both" the Father and the Son. The Father and the Son are a "both" - two individuals.
Further, 1 John 1:3 and 2 John 3 clearly show that Jesus is the Son, as distinguished by the language from the Father. The Father is never called Jesus in the Bible.
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:35:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:30:31 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

The earliest text we have for it uses male and female terms interchangeably (at least in the book of Genesis which I have studied pretty extensively for class), it was then edited to be male only in current translations.

I understand that humankind was made in his image - both male and female - but that would include that God is Transgender or something like that and God is apparently against Homosexuality and Transgenders and all like that - as you cannot be both male and female at the same time...you can be a male and have female personalities and do stuff that females do but you cannot be both genders at the exact same time.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:37:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

God is a personification of the POWER, FORCE and ENERGY of the Universe.
Some call that FORCE a SPIRIT.
A FORCE/ ENERGY has no gender unless writers personify it as a man or a woman as in the examples Father God or Mother Nature.
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:41:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:37:01 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

God is a personification of the POWER, FORCE and ENERGY of the Universe.
Some call that FORCE a SPIRIT.
A FORCE/ ENERGY has no gender unless writers personify it as a man or a woman as in the examples Father God or Mother Nature.

"A FORCE/ ENERGY has no gender unless writers personify it as a man or a woman as in the examples Father God or Mother Nature."

...but as I said before...I understand that humankind was made in his image - both male and female - but that would include that God is Transgender or something like that and God is apparently against Homosexuality and Transgenders and all like that - as you cannot be both male and female at the same time...you can be a male and have female personalities and do stuff that females do but you cannot be both genders at the exact same time.
PolyCarp
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:41:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
IN the Qu'ran I think God is reffered to in neither male or female terms.
"Perhaps the atheist cannot find God for the same reason the thief cannot find a policeman"

--G.K Chesterton
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:43:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I just luv you people > as humanists think the human race is getting smart! I would say stupid, Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." nothing more to be said ! Enjoy Trinity in there to
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:45:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:41:27 PM, PolyCarp wrote:
IN the Qu'ran I think God is reffered to in neither male or female terms.

Muslims, when referring to Allah...they say "May HE be exalted"

Also in the Qu'ran, it says in ar-Room 30:27: And it is He who begins creation; then He repeats it, and that is [even] easier for Him. To Him belongs the highest attribute in the heavens and earth. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

The Holy Book of Islam uses "HE" as well as all the other Holy Books.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:45:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:43:47 PM, Rant wrote:
I just luv you people > as humanists think the human race is getting smart! I would say stupid, Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." nothing more to be said ! Enjoy Trinity in there to

Trinity in there? Where?

Why would God require a gender? He does nor procreate, he creates.
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:49:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:43:47 PM, Rant wrote:
I just luv you people > as humanists think the human race is getting smart! I would say stupid, Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." nothing more to be said ! Enjoy Trinity in there to

A father and his son are necessarily two separate and distinct individuals. A single individual can be both a father and a son at the same time - a father to one person and a son to another person. But no one can be the same person as his own son, and no person can be the same individual as his own father!
Further, the passages describe both an "I" and a "He" (or "me" and "him"). Use of both these terms also necessarily implies plurality of individuals.
And further note that 2 John 9 expressly mentions "both" the Father and the Son. The Father and the Son are a "both" - two individuals.
Further, 1 John 1:3 and 2 John 3 clearly show that Jesus is the Son, as distinguished by the language from the Father. The Father is never called Jesus in the Bible.
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:49:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Us>our but Im sure you can twist those words for your lusts. but a 5 year old will know what those words mean1Enjoy
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:53:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:45:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:43:47 PM, Rant wrote:
I just luv you people > as humanists think the human race is getting smart! I would say stupid, Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." nothing more to be said ! Enjoy Trinity in there to

Trinity in there? Where?

Why would God require a gender? He does nor procreate, he creates.

Don't "Cherry-pick" the Holy Book Mister...If God has no gender then why does it continually say in the Holy Book that God is "HE"? If you are a firm believer in God then you have to believe in ALL OF THE BIBLE! That is the rules!
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:54:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:32:33 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:23:45 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:15:24 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:08:07 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

A spirit in my views from studying scripture has no gender. The body may have a gender, but the spirit does not since the same spirit can be in another body. The reason why He is used for God is that in that culture, people referred to men as the head authority.

God is said to have a throne, inhabit heaven as His dwelling place and yet "heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain" Him. So how can He be said to have a throne and a dwelling place and yet be uncontainable? Ps. 139:7 indicates that God"s spirit and His presence can be equivalent terms. Therefore he is not a spirit, he is something else because "Spirit" is separate from "God".

No, God is The Father, Son and Spirit in one. The trinity. Note that some of the parts in the bible are also metaphors. The throne does not mean literal throne seat. If I were to tell you I saw this red car 'flying' down the road, would you assume i'm talking about a flying red car?

A father and his son are necessarily two separate and distinct individuals. A single individual can be both a father and a son at the same time - a father to one person and a son to another person. But no one can be the same person as his own son, and no person can be the same individual as his own father!
Further, the passages describe both an "I" and a "He" (or "me" and "him"). Use of both these terms also necessarily implies plurality of individuals.
And further note that 2 John 9 expressly mentions "both" the Father and the Son. The Father and the Son are a "both" - two individuals.
Further, 1 John 1:3 and 2 John 3 clearly show that Jesus is the Son, as distinguished by the language from the Father. The Father is never called Jesus in the Bible.
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:57:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:49:58 PM, Rant wrote:
Us>our but Im sure you can twist those words for your lusts. but a 5 year old will know what those words mean1Enjoy

Us = used by a speaker to refer to HIMSELF or HERSELF and one or more other people as the object of a verb or preposition.

Our = BELONGING TO or associated with the speaker and one or more other people previously mentioned or easily identified.

I understand this but before you say this...It also says "I" and "Me" in the Holy Book so if you can explain Us/Our then hopefully you can explain I/Me?
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 4:01:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:54:04 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:32:33 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:23:45 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:15:24 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:08:07 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

A spirit in my views from studying scripture has no gender. The body may have a gender, but the spirit does not since the same spirit can be in another body. The reason why He is used for God is that in that culture, people referred to men as the head authority.

God is said to have a throne, inhabit heaven as His dwelling place and yet "heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain" Him. So how can He be said to have a throne and a dwelling place and yet be uncontainable? Ps. 139:7 indicates that God"s spirit and His presence can be equivalent terms. Therefore he is not a spirit, he is something else because "Spirit" is separate from "God".

No, God is The Father, Son and Spirit in one. The trinity. Note that some of the parts in the bible are also metaphors. The throne does not mean literal throne seat. If I were to tell you I saw this red car 'flying' down the road, would you assume i'm talking about a flying red car?

A father and his son are necessarily two separate and distinct individuals. A single individual can be both a father and a son at the same time - a father to one person and a son to another person. But no one can be the same person as his own son, and no person can be the same individual as his own father!
Further, the passages describe both an "I" and a "He" (or "me" and "him"). Use of both these terms also necessarily implies plurality of individuals.
And further note that 2 John 9 expressly mentions "both" the Father and the Son. The Father and the Son are a "both" - two individuals.
Further, 1 John 1:3 and 2 John 3 clearly show that Jesus is the Son, as distinguished by the language from the Father. The Father is never called Jesus in the Bible.





If you think I am a patient person then you thought wrong, I would rather watch cute cat and cute pug videos that last a couple of minutes instead but if you wanna trade YouTube links then fine...

https://www.youtube.com...
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 4:02:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:58:37 PM, Rant wrote:
I and my Father are one Enjoy

No, they are not and they are not even real. "Enjoy"
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 4:03:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Its very intro that the jews wanted to stone Jesus many Times> why?> can you tell me Why???
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 4:05:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 4:03:39 PM, Rant wrote:
Its very intro that the jews wanted to stone Jesus many Times> why?> can you tell me Why???

The Jews wanted to Stone Jesus because Jesus was going about saying that he was the son of their God which was in their times considered Blasphemy
Gentorev
Posts: 2,878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 4:05:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

And God said: "Let "US" make man in "OUR" image, etc" God is not a singular being,

Genesis 5: 1; God/plural created man in the likeness of God/plural created he him. Male and female he created them and named them ADAM=mankind.

Mankind is an androgynous being of male and female personalities as is God in whose image and likeness ADAM=MANKIND was created.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
breretons07
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 4:07:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 4:05:43 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

And God said: "Let "US" make man in "OUR" image, etc" God is not a singular being,

Genesis 5: 1; God/plural created man in the likeness of God/plural created he him. Male and female he created them and named them ADAM=mankind.

Mankind is an androgynous being of male and female personalities as is God in whose image and likeness ADAM=MANKIND was created.

A father and his son are necessarily two separate and distinct individuals. A single individual can be both a father and a son at the same time - a father to one person and a son to another person. But no one can be the same person as his own son, and no person can be the same individual as his own father!
Further, the passages describe both an "I" and a "He" (or "me" and "him"). Use of both these terms also necessarily implies plurality of individuals.
And further note that 2 John 9 expressly mentions "both" the Father and the Son. The Father and the Son are a "both" - two individuals.
Further, 1 John 1:3 and 2 John 3 clearly show that Jesus is the Son, as distinguished by the language from the Father. The Father is never called Jesus in the Bible.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 4:09:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:41:14 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:37:01 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

God is a personification of the POWER, FORCE and ENERGY of the Universe.
Some call that FORCE a SPIRIT.
A FORCE/ ENERGY has no gender unless writers personify it as a man or a woman as in the examples Father God or Mother Nature.

"A FORCE/ ENERGY has no gender unless writers personify it as a man or a woman as in the examples Father God or Mother Nature."

...but as I said before...I understand that humankind was made in his image - both male and female - but that would include that God is Transgender or something like that and God is apparently against Homosexuality and Transgenders and all like that - as you cannot be both male and female at the same time...you can be a male and have female personalities and do stuff that females do but you cannot be both genders at the exact same time.

You need to understand that in the Hebrew language the word God is not referring to a singular entity like it does in its English translation.
The Hebrew word in Genesis is ELOHIYM. That word is PLURAL not singular. It refers to a GROUP of MANY not to one individual.
It is much like the word FAMILY in English which makes us think of MANY people not just one individual person.
The "He" in reference to God in Hebrew is a grammatical gender not an anatomical gender. They use grammatical gender for all inanimate objects. If you understand the languages in the world where tables chairs and doors etc have genders you will understand the concept of a grammatical gender having nothing to do with anatomy.

Now back to the word ELOHIYM. The word is referring to MANY rulers and judges, angels, divine ones, gods, goddessess, god like ones.
http://www.blueletterbible.org...

The same word ELOHIYM. is used in reference to mankind in Psalm 82:6
"I have said, Ye are gods(ELOHIYM) ; and all of you are children of the most High."

In other words mankind ( ELOHIYM) is made in the image of mankind ( ELOHIYM).
We are both male and female as a corporate body not as a single individual.

ELOHIYM create ELOHIYM in their own image.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 4:12:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 3:53:24 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:45:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:43:47 PM, Rant wrote:
I just luv you people > as humanists think the human race is getting smart! I would say stupid, Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." nothing more to be said ! Enjoy Trinity in there to

Trinity in there? Where?

Why would God require a gender? He does nor procreate, he creates.

Don't "Cherry-pick" the Holy Book Mister...If God has no gender then why does it continually say in the Holy Book that God is "HE"? If you are a firm believer in God then you have to believe in ALL OF THE BIBLE! That is the rules!

I'm not.

Have you ever heard of the term"honorific".

It fits in with what is known in scripture as the headship principle in the same sense that n the age of servants, housekeepers and cooks were all "Mrs" whether married or single, and female schoolteachers were all "Miss" single or not.

No-one is going to be stupid enough to call God "it".
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 4:14:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 4:01:17 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:54:04 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:32:33 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:23:45 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:15:24 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:08:07 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/22/2015 2:56:42 PM, breretons07 wrote:
If God were real, would he be male or female or is he no gender at all?

Throughout Holy Books, Holy Books refer to God in male terms but religious believers say that he has no gender at all.

Views???

A spirit in my views from studying scripture has no gender. The body may have a gender, but the spirit does not since the same spirit can be in another body. The reason why He is used for God is that in that culture, people referred to men as the head authority.

God is said to have a throne, inhabit heaven as His dwelling place and yet "heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain" Him. So how can He be said to have a throne and a dwelling place and yet be uncontainable? Ps. 139:7 indicates that God"s spirit and His presence can be equivalent terms. Therefore he is not a spirit, he is something else because "Spirit" is separate from "God".

No, God is The Father, Son and Spirit in one. The trinity. Note that some of the parts in the bible are also metaphors. The throne does not mean literal throne seat. If I were to tell you I saw this red car 'flying' down the road, would you assume i'm talking about a flying red car?

A father and his son are necessarily two separate and distinct individuals. A single individual can be both a father and a son at the same time - a father to one person and a son to another person. But no one can be the same person as his own son, and no person can be the same individual as his own father!
Further, the passages describe both an "I" and a "He" (or "me" and "him"). Use of both these terms also necessarily implies plurality of individuals.
And further note that 2 John 9 expressly mentions "both" the Father and the Son. The Father and the Son are a "both" - two individuals.
Further, 1 John 1:3 and 2 John 3 clearly show that Jesus is the Son, as distinguished by the language from the Father. The Father is never called Jesus in the Bible.





If you think I am a patient person then you thought wrong, I would rather watch cute cat and cute pug videos that last a couple of minutes instead but if you wanna trade YouTube links then fine...

https://www.youtube.com...

Patience is a nice virtue to have. The videos I have mentioned refute the claims in this video you have sent me. Until you watch them, I will show you a verse this guy tried to use as 'evidence' that the father can't be trinity.

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."

In this biblical verse, the guy explains Jesus speaks of the father as having authority. But he ignores the fact that it starts with a question. Jesus says in a question "You don't believe I am in the father or that the Father is In Me?" Other parts of the verse indicate one unity and sometimes, the unity can be different. But the trinity is in the bible.

Matthew 28:19: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Why baptize in the name of God and his son?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 4:18:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/22/2015 4:02:26 PM, breretons07 wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:58:37 PM, Rant wrote:
I and my Father are one Enjoy

No, they are not and they are not even real. "Enjoy"

Any Father at all is One with his own son in the sense that his son is part of the fathers own flesh and blood.
They are ONE family. They are One in the sense of having the same DNA. They are ONE in the sense of thinking alike and having the same goals and attitudes.
Are you not ONE with your family? Are you somehow separated from them and no longer connected to them due to some kind of dispute or argument?