Jump to topic:

Why is your religion more valid than Buddhism

Larks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 10:46:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Or, if you're Buddhist, why is your religion more valid than Zoroastrianism?
Fact: In science, an observation repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as "true." Truth in science, however, is never final. What is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.
Law: A descriptive generalization about how some aspect of the natural world behaves under stated circumstances.
Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 11:18:49 PM
At 2/22/2015 10:46:32 PM, Larks wrote:

Because my Islam religion is true than any other else.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 11:51:18 PM

Or more pertinently -- Jainism, from which it's descended.

I'm glad you know about Zoroastrianism, Larks. Have you read Mary Boyce's monograph on it? It has had a profound influence on ancient faiths -- including Judaism and Christianity.
Larks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 1:37:01 AM
At 2/22/2015 11:18:49 PM, uncung wrote:

Well yes, it was assumed that anyone replying would be arguing that their religion was more true. You just seemed to have missed out on the arguing part. WHY is Islam more true than Buddhism?
Fact: In science, an observation repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as "true." Truth in science, however, is never final. What is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.
Law: A descriptive generalization about how some aspect of the natural world behaves under stated circumstances.
Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 3:48:46 AM
As far as I know, The God of Buddhists is Buda who is a human like me; it comes to me nonsense.
According to me, The God who has created all the universe must be much more puissant than a man.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 7:13:11 AM

Well yes, it was assumed that anyone replying would be arguing that their religion was more true. You just seemed to have missed out on the arguing part. WHY is Islam more true than Buddhism?

very easy answer, if Buddhism is a true religion then I would embrace it.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 9:46:35 AM

- I don't. I am a muslim & I believe Zoroastrianism is a True religion, as all God's Religions. & it is reported in our Hadiths that Zoroastrians had a Divine Book (Revelation), but once they made incest lawful against the commandments of their Book, it was eventually lifted from them.

- However, I also believe that the late Zoroastrians are not on the True path because their book has been tempered with or lost. & thus Zoroastrianism in its original form was a valid Religion, but over time it deviated from its origins.
Current Debates In Voting Period:

- The Qur'an We Have Today is Not What Muhammad Dictated Verbatim. Vs. @Envisage:
http://www.debate.org...

- Drawing Contest. Vs. @purpleduck:
http://www.debate.org...

"It is perfectly permissible to vote on sources without reading them" bluesteel.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 10:30:53 AM
At 2/23/2015 3:48:46 AM, frbnsn wrote:
As far as I know, The God of Buddhists is Buda who is a human like me; it comes to me nonsense.
According to me, The God who has created all the universe must be much more puissant than a man.

You are grossly misinformed.

There are different Budhist denominations just like there are different Protestant denominations. NONE of the Budhist denominations consider Budha a god. Some Buddhist denominations borrow gods from Hinduism, some recognize no god or gods at all.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 10:35:38 AM
At 2/23/2015 7:13:11 AM, uncung wrote:

very easy answer, if Buddhism is a true religion then I would embrace it.

Lol. Don't expect much more than one-dimensional childish responses when dealing with the Islamic propagandist.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Lupo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 10:42:50 AM

Buda isn't the god of the buddhists, it's only a example to be follow.
If you expect God be something better than a man, I believe that no religion meets this criteria.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 10:57:36 AM
In my opinion ALL religions come out of the same pot, the human imagination.
Some Christians will claim Christianity isn't a religion which is crazy"
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 11:31:17 AM
At 2/23/2015 10:30:53 AM, wsmunit7 wrote:

There are different Budhist denominations just like there are different Protestant denominations. NONE of the Budhist denominations consider Budha a god. Some Buddhist denominations borrow gods from Hinduism, some recognize no god or gods at all.

Early Buddhism believed people could reach godhood through reincarnation but that this was not the point. Liberation or enlightenment was. This is supposed to transcend everything including God.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 1:58:49 PM

Because it tells the truth about people and doesn"t give false image of people and built up their ego without any base for that. :)
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 11:17:35 PM
If you expect God be something better than a man, I believe that no religion meets this criteria.

why on earth we must follow the dead man like sidharta/budha?
Lupo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 4:41:14 AM
At 2/23/2015 11:17:35 PM, uncung wrote:

why on earth we must follow the dead man like sidharta/budha?

... or a dead man like Jesus ?

It is not the fact of being dead or not. People follow the ideals, the question is "Why your ideals are true and must be followed?"
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 2:47:39 AM
At 2/23/2015 10:42:50 AM, Lupo wrote:

O.K. I rewrite Buda is not a god, but only an example.
Then. according to you, is Buddha messenger of God?
Then will you please identify who God is.
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 2:51:58 AM

Right, sorry for my fault.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 6:56:21 PM
At 2/25/2015 2:51:58 AM, frbnsn wrote:

In as much as most Budhist don't believe in a god, why would they think Buddha was his messenger? If you are going to disparage a philosophy, you really should know what you are disparaging. You, most obviously, do not.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 7:07:36 PM

Short answer?? There IS no "God", "god ",or "gods ". They are all inventions of man.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 10:24:51 PM
My Christian religion which is Celestial Torah based and not Bible story based is much better than Buddhism because Buddhism is based on fraud. Because no one could see into meditating Buddhist brains before the advent of CAT and MRI scans Buddhism was able to fool everyone for thousands of years into thinking enlightenment comes from ridding oneself of ego attachments. Well, guess what folks. When the scans were put on meditating Buddhist monks brains what was observed with one-to-one correlation in the monk's own reporting of their progress towards enlightenment was their ability to stop electrical transmissions occurring in their brain's sense of self center located near the parietal region in the human brain. It appears that shutting down the sense of self center and shunting that electrical energy towards the frontal lobes where higher cognition takes place and where pleasure centers are located produces the egoless state of mind that Buddhism believes is so superior to normal human consciousness.

Let me spell it out for you--Buddha learned how to get high without using drugs but using extreme meditation. "Enlightenment" comes in Buddhism from creating a literal hole in your head where normal sense of self used to function. This is why it is so hard to keep the enlightened state of mind when walking and doing things as the brain's sense of self has been disabled that tells us our place in time and space. This is why you don't see walking Buddha statues but tens of thousands of sitting and reclining and sleepy eyed Buddha statues. Brain science has caught out Buddha's one trick pony ride for getting high to avoid psychic pain which others do by using chemicals. In short, Buddhism is phony as a three dollar bill and rests on people's ignorance of what's really happening inside a Buddhist brain. This deliberate creation of a hole in your head cannot be a good thing and coupled with constant meditation I believe dulls all Buddhists' minds which is why traditional Buddhism ruled countries are so far behind their Christian Western counterparts in social progress. Chanting isn't thinking about solving problems of living and the problem solvers are the ones thinking about the problems, not the ones running away from them to get high with either drugs or meditation.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 12:00:12 AM
At 2/25/2015 10:24:51 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
My Christian religion which is Celestial Torah based and not Bible story based is much better than Buddhism because Buddhism is based on fraud. Because no one could see into meditating Buddhist brains before the advent of CAT and MRI scans Buddhism was able to fool everyone for thousands of years into thinking enlightenment comes from ridding oneself of ego attachments. Well, guess what folks. When the scans were put on meditating Buddhist monks brains what was observed with one-to-one correlation in the monk's own reporting of their progress towards enlightenment was their ability to stop electrical transmissions occurring in their brain's sense of self center located near the parietal region in the human brain. It appears that shutting down the sense of self center and shunting that electrical energy towards the frontal lobes where higher cognition takes place and where pleasure centers are located produces the egoless state of mind that Buddhism believes is so superior to normal human consciousness.

Let me spell it out for you--Buddha learned how to get high without using drugs but using extreme meditation. "Enlightenment" comes in Buddhism from creating a literal hole in your head where normal sense of self used to function. This is why it is so hard to keep the enlightened state of mind when walking and doing things as the brain's sense of self has been disabled that tells us our place in time and space. This is why you don't see walking Buddha statues but tens of thousands of sitting and reclining and sleepy eyed Buddha statues. Brain science has caught out Buddha's one trick pony ride for getting high to avoid psychic pain which others do by using chemicals. In short, Buddhism is phony as a three dollar bill and rests on people's ignorance of what's really happening inside a Buddhist brain. This deliberate creation of a hole in your head cannot be a good thing and coupled with constant meditation I believe dulls all Buddhists' minds which is why traditional Buddhism ruled countries are so far behind their Christian Western counterparts in social progress. Chanting isn't thinking about solving problems of living and the problem solvers are the ones thinking about the problems, not the ones running away from them to get high with either drugs or meditation.

what is celestial torah? another sect in cristianity?
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 4:15:40 AM
I believe that there must be a super powered being who began the mechanism in universe and now watching.
I don't believe this universe by itself .
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:29:12 PM

Can you simply understand that god or gods don't enter into it in any way, shape, or form?
genesis01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 3:22:11 PM
God has revealed himself and spoken to me, turns out Christianity is right. The teachings are right and there is some historical evidence.

Buddhists do not accept the lord so they will end up in hell.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 3:31:00 PM

Buddhism is a non-theistic religion, there's no claim of god in buddhism.
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 3:46:49 AM
At 2/28/2015 12:29:12 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

Can you simply understand that god or gods don't enter into it in any way, shape, or form?
No. Because God needn't disguise like a humanbeing, He must be ultra and has power to do everything.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 6:55:58 AM
None of you were guided by God as I was to discover Buddhism's Fatal Flaw which can now be detected by scientific means, brain scans of meditating Buddhist monks. I teach Celestial Torah Christianity which is the world's oldest religious symbolic system with religious iconic meaning found in some of the very first human made figurines that reflect Celestial Torah understanding.

All the Abrahamic religions also contain their Fatal Flaws and are doomed for intellectuals because the head has been cut off, Abraham and all the Bible stories exposed now by archeological science as only Jewish myths of origin and completely fabricated, sown together by priests and scribes of Judah out of earlier pagan religious cloth. The bodies of these Abrahamic religions will go on thrashing around as they are now in their hidden death throws as Muhammadan crazies pull world attention to Abrahamic religions continual ability to create religious warfare where none is needed for peaceful coexistence in a multi-cultural world. Abrahamics all want to impose a false monoculture on every human being to make them all fit one mold be it Moses, Paul, or Muhammad. I don't include Jesus because most all Jesus worshipers worship a paper and ink idol full of man-made words about God and Jesus and not the Spirit of Christ much at all as their actions in the real world attest.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:08:10 AM
At 2/25/2015 10:24:51 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

Actually, brain scans and scientific evidence prove that meditation is good for you. Where are you getting the facts that they prove it's "fraud?"

You sound pretty intollerant of other religions looking at this and your forum post about islam.

And if you had a brain, you would know buddhism is not just based off meditation, there are many other teachings.