Total Posts:51|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

An Atheist a Catholic and Me

drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 10:11:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

It may surprise you that people hold positions that they personally aren't fond of. I am not particularly fond of the inevitable conclusion of naturalism, but it's something I have had to accept to remain intellectually honest with myself.

Nihilism is another one of those things.

Kinda sucks, really.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 11:41:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

How many times have you come back already In the last 250,000 years?

Your answer may give you a clue why the atheist was sure you were yanking his chain.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 12:56:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/23/2015 11:41:51 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

How many times have you come back already In the last 250,000 years?

Your answer may give you a clue why the atheist was sure you were yanking his chain.

LOL
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 6:44:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.

They were humouring you, BOG. Either that, or they thought you were dangerous and didn't want to risk setting you off by laughing at you.
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:07:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/23/2015 11:41:51 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

How many times have you come back already In the last 250,000 years?
You assume reincarnation moves forward in time. Some people believe each person simply relives their same life over and over endlessly. Others believe they can be reincarnated as multiple people living during the same timeline. The best answer I can give is that I have done this infinite times.

Your answer may give you a clue why the atheist was sure you were yanking his chain.
It was a bit of that
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 8:05:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:07:27 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/23/2015 11:41:51 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

How many times have you come back already In the last 250,000 years?
You assume reincarnation moves forward in time. Some people believe each person simply relives their same life over and over endlessly.

Really? Groundhog Day but with each and every day exactly the same forever? Sounds wonderful. Not.

How do you dream up this drivel, and what would be the bloody point of what you describe?

Others believe they can be reincarnated as multiple people living during the same timeline.

Oh, even better. One person, multiple bodies and minds simultaneously. Makes perfect sense if you are a dim-wit.

Hey, perhaps we are all just the one person 'reincarnated' (an oxymoron now) into every human on Earth. I am you and you are me and we are all together. I think that's how the song goes. Lol.

The best answer I can give is that I have done this infinite times.

If that's your best answer, please spare us any others.

Your answer may give you a clue why the atheist was sure you were yanking his chain.
It was a bit of that

Yep.
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 12:00:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 8:05:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:07:27 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/23/2015 11:41:51 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

How many times have you come back already In the last 250,000 years?
You assume reincarnation moves forward in time. Some people believe each person simply relives their same life over and over endlessly.

Really? Groundhog Day but with each and every day exactly the same forever? Sounds wonderful. Not.

I never suggested each time would be the same

How do you dream up this drivel, and what would be the bloody point of what you describe?
I thought you are atheist and assumed there was No point.

Others believe they can be reincarnated as multiple people living during the same timeline.

Oh, even better. One person, multiple bodies and minds simultaneously. Makes perfect sense if you are a dim-wit.
Yes the idea is we are all manifestations of God. Even you. You would need a mind that conceive of God to understand.

Hey, perhaps we are all just the one person 'reincarnated' (an oxymoron now) into every human on Earth. I am you and you are me and we are all together. I think that's how the song goes. Lol.
See above

The best answer I can give is that I have done this infinite times.

If that's your best answer, please spare us any others.

Your answer may give you a clue why the atheist was sure you were yanking his chain.
It was a bit of that

Yep.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 12:34:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 12:00:01 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:05:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:07:27 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/23/2015 11:41:51 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

How many times have you come back already In the last 250,000 years?
You assume reincarnation moves forward in time. Some people believe each person simply relives their same life over and over endlessly.

Really? Groundhog Day but with each and every day exactly the same forever? Sounds wonderful. Not.

I never suggested each time would be the same

How do you dream up this drivel, and what would be the bloody point of what you describe?
I thought you are atheist and assumed there was No point.

Others believe they can be reincarnated as multiple people living during the same timeline.

Oh, even better. One person, multiple bodies and minds simultaneously. Makes perfect sense if you are a dim-wit.
Yes the idea is we are all manifestations of God. Even you. You would need a mind that conceive of God to understand.

Hey, perhaps we are all just the one person 'reincarnated' (an oxymoron now) into every human on Earth. I am you and you are me and we are all together. I think that's how the song goes. Lol.
See above

The best answer I can give is that I have done this infinite times.

If that's your best answer, please spare us any others.

Your answer may give you a clue why the atheist was sure you were yanking his chain.
It was a bit of that

Yep.

"You would need a mind that conceive of God to understand."

Ah, the 'you aren't able to grasp it, my mind is more attuned to universal truth' routine. Sorry, you're just repeating stuff that's been around for a long time. Sound's like Spinoza all over again.

OK, you've lived infinite lives. Tell me one thing, one detail that I can check that you could not know in any other way and I may believe you. Other than that, all you have is mystical woo, claiming knowledge because your mind can 'conceive of God to understand', a phrase with zero semantic content.
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 1:35:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

The truth can be hard to accept emotionally. Doesn't mean you should accept it. The material reality of the world is one way whether you like it or not.
You can call me Mark if you like.
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 2:28:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 12:34:07 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 12:00:01 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:05:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:07:27 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/23/2015 11:41:51 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

How many times have you come back already In the last 250,000 years?
You assume reincarnation moves forward in time. Some people believe each person simply relives their same life over and over endlessly.

Really? Groundhog Day but with each and every day exactly the same forever? Sounds wonderful. Not.

I never suggested each time would be the same

How do you dream up this drivel, and what would be the bloody point of what you describe?
I thought you are atheist and assumed there was No point.

Others believe they can be reincarnated as multiple people living during the same timeline.

Oh, even better. One person, multiple bodies and minds simultaneously. Makes perfect sense if you are a dim-wit.
Yes the idea is we are all manifestations of God. Even you. You would need a mind that conceive of God to understand.

Hey, perhaps we are all just the one person 'reincarnated' (an oxymoron now) into every human on Earth. I am you and you are me and we are all together. I think that's how the song goes. Lol.
See above

The best answer I can give is that I have done this infinite times.

If that's your best answer, please spare us any others.

Your answer may give you a clue why the atheist was sure you were yanking his chain.
It was a bit of that

Yep.

"You would need a mind that conceive of God to understand."

Ah, the 'you aren't able to grasp it, my mind is more attuned to universal truth' routine. Sorry, you're just repeating stuff that's been around for a long time. Sound's like Spinoza all over again.

OK, you've lived infinite lives. Tell me one thing, one detail that I can check that you could not know in any other way and I may believe you. Other than that, all you have is mystical woo, claiming knowledge because your m\ind can 'conceive of God to understand', a phrase with zero semantic content.

Your funny, tell you something that I could not know otherwise that you could check. Umm if you could check it so could I silly. Also I am not suggesting you remember them all at least not while in human form.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 3:03:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 2:28:30 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/24/2015 12:34:07 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 12:00:01 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:05:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:07:27 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/23/2015 11:41:51 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

How many times have you come back already In the last 250,000 years?
You assume reincarnation moves forward in time. Some people believe each person simply relives their same life over and over endlessly.

Really? Groundhog Day but with each and every day exactly the same forever? Sounds wonderful. Not.

I never suggested each time would be the same

How do you dream up this drivel, and what would be the bloody point of what you describe?
I thought you are atheist and assumed there was No point.

Others believe they can be reincarnated as multiple people living during the same timeline.

Oh, even better. One person, multiple bodies and minds simultaneously. Makes perfect sense if you are a dim-wit.
Yes the idea is we are all manifestations of God. Even you. You would need a mind that conceive of God to understand.

Hey, perhaps we are all just the one person 'reincarnated' (an oxymoron now) into every human on Earth. I am you and you are me and we are all together. I think that's how the song goes. Lol.
See above

The best answer I can give is that I have done this infinite times.

If that's your best answer, please spare us any others.

Your answer may give you a clue why the atheist was sure you were yanking his chain.
It was a bit of that

Yep.

"You would need a mind that conceive of God to understand."

Ah, the 'you aren't able to grasp it, my mind is more attuned to universal truth' routine. Sorry, you're just repeating stuff that's been around for a long time. Sound's like Spinoza all over again.

OK, you've lived infinite lives. Tell me one thing, one detail that I can check that you could not know in any other way and I may believe you. Other than that, all you have is mystical woo, claiming knowledge because your m\ind can 'conceive of God to understand', a phrase with zero semantic content.

Your funny, tell you something that I could not know otherwise that you could check. Umm if you could check it so could I silly. Also I am not suggesting you remember them all at least not while in human form.

Oh, the name of a relative that was somehow notable, in the news locally but obscure otherwise. Of course, you could find someone like that on your own and then tell me so what you have said is basically unfalsifiable. I dismiss it just as I dismiss the assertion that there is some kind of god that is beyond the universe but somehow contains the universe but has no real interaction with the universe.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 3:12:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)
It was the upsetting thought that good people like the Catholics had to leave for heaven, atheists like him head for paradise and scum bags like you returning to earth to pervert the good people they left behind causing their separation.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 3:31:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 6:44:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.

They were humouring you, BOG. Either that, or they thought you were dangerous and didn't want to risk setting you off by laughing at you.

You weren't there to see any of God's believers listen to His voice. That means anything you say about it is a lie.
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 3:38:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 3:03:30 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 2:28:30 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/24/2015 12:34:07 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 12:00:01 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:05:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:07:27 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/23/2015 11:41:51 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

How many times have you come back already In the last 250,000 years?
You assume reincarnation moves forward in time. Some people believe each person simply relives their same life over and over endlessly.

Really? Groundhog Day but with each and every day exactly the same forever? Sounds wonderful. Not.

I never suggested each time would be the same

How do you dream up this drivel, and what would be the bloody point of what you describe?
I thought you are atheist and assumed there was No point.

Others believe they can be reincarnated as multiple people living during the same timeline.

Oh, even better. One person, multiple bodies and minds simultaneously. Makes perfect sense if you are a dim-wit.
Yes the idea is we are all manifestations of God. Even you. You would need a mind that conceive of God to understand.

Hey, perhaps we are all just the one person 'reincarnated' (an oxymoron now) into every human on Earth. I am you and you are me and we are all together. I think that's how the song goes. Lol.
See above

The best answer I can give is that I have done this infinite times.

If that's your best answer, please spare us any others.

Your answer may give you a clue why the atheist was sure you were yanking his chain.
It was a bit of that

Yep.

"You would need a mind that conceive of God to understand."

Ah, the 'you aren't able to grasp it, my mind is more attuned to universal truth' routine. Sorry, you're just repeating stuff that's been around for a long time. Sound's like Spinoza all over again.

OK, you've lived infinite lives. Tell me one thing, one detail that I can check that you could not know in any other way and I may believe you. Other than that, all you have is mystical woo, claiming knowledge because your m\ind can 'conceive of God to understand', a phrase with zero semantic content.

Your funny, tell you something that I could not know otherwise that you could check. Umm if you could check it so could I silly. Also I am not suggesting you remember them all at least not while in human form.

Oh, the name of a relative that was somehow notable, in the news locally but obscure otherwise. Of course, you could find someone like that on your own and then tell me so what you have said is basically unfalsifiable. I dismiss it just as I dismiss the assertion that there is some kind of god that is beyond the universe but somehow contains the universe but has no real interaction with the universe.
Good. Have fun!
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 3:40:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

Dr P, could we first acknowledge that your account sought to appease everyone while making yourself happy -- which is not the same as m aking others happy, since such appeasement could be viewed as superficial, disrespectful and dismissive.

In particular, if your account denies the moral authority of the Roman Catholic god, then you are also denying the importance of sin and atonement, the value of RC priests, and the primacy of the RC church, and whether you offended that Catholic or no, you'll likely offend many others.

Secondly, few atheists reject an afterlife because they hope to cease existing. They most often reject it because they believe the accounts to be false, misleading and/or manipulative. So continuing to uphold that manipulation with a piece of metaphysical rhetoric might irritate. An atheist might prefer to have his position refuted with evidence than dismissed with storytelling.

I'd like to suggest that measure of respect is not courtesy, agreement or compromise -- it's consideration. It can be an act of respect to engage a position, argue with it and even refute it -- and in fact, you recently got cross with me because I didn't respect your position enough to engage it when refuting theism, so you may know whereof I speak (http://www.debate.org...) :)

In a similar vein, Dr P, Panentheism may be high on dogmatic compromise, but that doesn't make it high on intellectual respect.

I hope that may help.
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 3:40:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 3:12:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)
It was the upsetting thought that good people like the Catholics had to leave for heaven, atheists like him head for paradise and scum bags like you returning to earth to pervert the good people they left behind causing their separation.

What makes me a scumbag in your opinion, I hold no ill will towards you because of your beliefs
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 3:47:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 3:40:02 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

Dr P, could we first acknowledge that your account sought to appease everyone while making yourself happy -- which is not the same as m aking others happy, since such appeasement could be viewed as superficial, disrespectful and dismissive.

In particular, if your account denies the moral authority of the Roman Catholic god, then you are also denying the importance of sin and atonement, the value of RC priests, and the primacy of the RC church, and whether you offended that Catholic or no, you'll likely offend many others.

Secondly, few atheists reject an afterlife because they hope to cease existing. They most often reject it because they believe the accounts to be false, misleading and/or manipulative. So continuing to uphold that manipulation with a piece of metaphysical rhetoric might irritate. An atheist might prefer to have his position refuted with evidence than dismissed with storytelling.

I'd like to suggest that measure of respect is not courtesy, agreement or compromise -- it's consideration. It can be an act of respect to engage a position, argue with it and even refute it -- and in fact, you recently got cross with me because I didn't respect your position enough to engage it when refuting theism, so you may know whereof I speak (http://www.debate.org...) :)

In a similar vein, Dr P, Panentheism may be high on dogmatic compromise, but that doesn't make it high on intellectual respect.

I hope that may help.
I always like a well thought out response even if I disagree with parts, so thanks.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 3:55:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 3:31:11 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 6:44:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.

They were humouring you, BOG. Either that, or they thought you were dangerous and didn't want to risk setting you off by laughing at you.

You weren't there to see any of God's believers listen to His voice. That means anything you say about it is a lie.

Why would they be interested in invisible vibrations that they cannot see and even if they could it would still be only illusions? If you were speaking why would they believe it was Gods voice? They are predicting a major earthquake in CA. How come you were not mentioned as a source?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 4:00:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 3:40:50 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/24/2015 3:12:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)
It was the upsetting thought that good people like the Catholics had to leave for heaven, atheists like him head for paradise and scum bags like you returning to earth to pervert the good people they left behind causing their separation.

What makes me a scumbag in your opinion, I hold no ill will towards you because of your beliefs

You said the atheist was upset with you and you wanted to know why. I gave you one good reason.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:28:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 3:55:52 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/24/2015 3:31:11 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 6:44:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.

They were humouring you, BOG. Either that, or they thought you were dangerous and didn't want to risk setting you off by laughing at you.

You weren't there to see any of God's believers listen to His voice. That means anything you say about it is a lie.

Why would they be interested in invisible vibrations that they cannot see and even if they could it would still be only illusions? If you were speaking why would they believe it was Gods voice? They are predicting a major earthquake in CA. How come you were not mentioned as a source?

Believers were chosen to listen to His voice without arguing. It doesn't make any difference if they understand that it's His voice that I preach to them.

Most of God's believers who understand quantum mechanics can hear the Truth that I speak to them.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 11:18:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 12:00:01 PM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:05:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:07:27 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 2/23/2015 11:41:51 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

How many times have you come back already In the last 250,000 years?
You assume reincarnation moves forward in time. Some people believe each person simply relives their same life over and over endlessly.

Really? Groundhog Day but with each and every day exactly the same forever? Sounds wonderful. Not.

I never suggested each time would be the same

Yeah, you did. You said "relives their same life over and over endlessly". If you didn't mean this, then exactly what did you mean? We are born as the same person to the same parents but our lives differ each time? Wtf?

How do you dream up this drivel, and what would be the bloody point of what you describe?
I thought you are atheist and assumed there was No point.

We're not talking about my (lack of) beliefs but those you espouse. Stop deflecting and answer the question.

Others believe they can be reincarnated as multiple people living during the same timeline.

Oh, even better. One person, multiple bodies and minds simultaneously. Makes perfect sense if you are a dim-wit.
Yes the idea is we are all manifestations of God. Even you. You would need a mind that conceive of God to understand.

If I am a manifestation of God then I should have a mind which is able to understand. More drivel.

Hey, perhaps we are all just the one person 'reincarnated' (an oxymoron now) into every human on Earth. I am you and you are me and we are all together. I think that's how the song goes. Lol.
See above

I've looked. I see nothing rational.

The best answer I can give is that I have done this infinite times.

If that's your best answer, please spare us any others.

Your answer may give you a clue why the atheist was sure you were yanking his chain.
It was a bit of that

Yep.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 11:23:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 3:31:11 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 6:44:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.

They were humouring you, BOG. Either that, or they thought you were dangerous and didn't want to risk setting you off by laughing at you.

You weren't there to see any of God's believers listen to His voice. That means anything you say about it is a lie.

No BOG, your ridiculous assertion that atheists loved to hear the truth in your preaching is a blatant lie. It's a contradiction in terms and absurd at face value. Confess your lie now or God will revoke your sainthood.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 11:30:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 11:23:55 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 3:31:11 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 6:44:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.

They were humouring you, BOG. Either that, or they thought you were dangerous and didn't want to risk setting you off by laughing at you.

You weren't there to see any of God's believers listen to His voice. That means anything you say about it is a lie.

No BOG, your ridiculous assertion that atheists loved to hear the truth in your preaching is a blatant lie. It's a contradiction in terms and absurd at face value. Confess your lie now or God will revoke your sainthood.

The gospel I preach includes all of God's knowledge where quantum mechanics came from. I only talk about quantum mechanics to atheists who don't believe in the false Christian deity named Jesus. They love to hear the true gospel.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 11:49:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 11:30:56 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:23:55 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 3:31:11 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 6:44:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.

They were humouring you, BOG. Either that, or they thought you were dangerous and didn't want to risk setting you off by laughing at you.

You weren't there to see any of God's believers listen to His voice. That means anything you say about it is a lie.

No BOG, your ridiculous assertion that atheists loved to hear the truth in your preaching is a blatant lie. It's a contradiction in terms and absurd at face value. Confess your lie now or God will revoke your sainthood.

The gospel I preach includes all of God's knowledge where quantum mechanics came from. I only talk about quantum mechanics to atheists who don't believe in the false Christian deity named Jesus. They love to hear the true gospel.

More lies. What you know about quantum mechanics would fit on a postage stamp. Your sainthood is slipping away with every lie you tell. Or is your nose growing instead? Lol.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 8:27:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 11:49:37 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:30:56 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:23:55 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 3:31:11 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 6:44:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.

They were humouring you, BOG. Either that, or they thought you were dangerous and didn't want to risk setting you off by laughing at you.

You weren't there to see any of God's believers listen to His voice. That means anything you say about it is a lie.

No BOG, your ridiculous assertion that atheists loved to hear the truth in your preaching is a blatant lie. It's a contradiction in terms and absurd at face value. Confess your lie now or God will revoke your sainthood.

The gospel I preach includes all of God's knowledge where quantum mechanics came from. I only talk about quantum mechanics to atheists who don't believe in the false Christian deity named Jesus. They love to hear the true gospel.

More lies. What you know about quantum mechanics would fit on a postage stamp. Your sainthood is slipping away with every lie you tell. Or is your nose growing instead? Lol.

God taught me how we were created long before He had me watch videos about quantum mechanics. He had me watch these videos to see the analogies that physicists use are similar to the one's He used to teach me how He created everything.

It's impossible that my sainthood can slip away because I will always be the voice of the Lord.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 11:41:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/25/2015 8:27:51 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:49:37 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:30:56 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:23:55 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 3:31:11 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 6:44:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.

They were humouring you, BOG. Either that, or they thought you were dangerous and didn't want to risk setting you off by laughing at you.

You weren't there to see any of God's believers listen to His voice. That means anything you say about it is a lie.

No BOG, your ridiculous assertion that atheists loved to hear the truth in your preaching is a blatant lie. It's a contradiction in terms and absurd at face value. Confess your lie now or God will revoke your sainthood.

The gospel I preach includes all of God's knowledge where quantum mechanics came from. I only talk about quantum mechanics to atheists who don't believe in the false Christian deity named Jesus. They love to hear the true gospel.

More lies. What you know about quantum mechanics would fit on a postage stamp. Your sainthood is slipping away with every lie you tell. Or is your nose growing instead? Lol.

God taught me how we were created long before He had me watch videos about quantum mechanics. He had me watch these videos to see the analogies that physicists use are similar to the one's He used to teach me how He created everything.

As I said, you know next to nothing about QM if that is all you got out of it.

It's impossible that my sainthood can slip away because I will always be the voice of the Lord.

What about when you get shot?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 7:46:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/25/2015 11:41:14 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/25/2015 8:27:51 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:49:37 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:30:56 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:23:55 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 3:31:11 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 6:44:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.

They were humouring you, BOG. Either that, or they thought you were dangerous and didn't want to risk setting you off by laughing at you.

You weren't there to see any of God's believers listen to His voice. That means anything you say about it is a lie.

No BOG, your ridiculous assertion that atheists loved to hear the truth in your preaching is a blatant lie. It's a contradiction in terms and absurd at face value. Confess your lie now or God will revoke your sainthood.

The gospel I preach includes all of God's knowledge where quantum mechanics came from. I only talk about quantum mechanics to atheists who don't believe in the false Christian deity named Jesus. They love to hear the true gospel.

More lies. What you know about quantum mechanics would fit on a postage stamp. Your sainthood is slipping away with every lie you tell. Or is your nose growing instead? Lol.

God taught me how we were created long before He had me watch videos about quantum mechanics. He had me watch these videos to see the analogies that physicists use are similar to the one's He used to teach me how He created everything.

As I said, you know next to nothing about QM if that is all you got out of it.


I know more about how we were created than any scientist that has ever lived. Quantum mechanics doesn't teach anyone how we were created but it has led some men to believe that someone designed everything.

It's impossible that my sainthood can slip away because I will always be the voice of the Lord.

What about when you get shot?

Death is only an illusion. I will wake up in my new saintly body in Paradise and be used by God to help speak a new language into existence for God's people to use to tell each other their stories.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 8:55:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/25/2015 8:27:51 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:49:37 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:30:56 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 11:23:55 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 3:31:11 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/24/2015 6:44:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 2/24/2015 1:33:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:58:19 PM, drpiek wrote:
So earlier today I was speaking to two co-workers over lunch. An Atheist and a Catholic and we dove into religion. I stayed quiet other than professing my belief in god as most people do not know about Panentheism. The conversation went to the afterlife. The atheist suggesting death is the end, and the catholic discussing heaven and hell. The Atheist feeling uncomfortable about the hell prospect asked me what I believe.
I gave a cursory explanation of panentheism and explained that I believe everyone gets what they expect if they deserve it. The Atheist seemed confused, what do you mean. I replied, well assuming you are good people my catholic friend will go to heaven and you will cease to exist. The atheist responded, and what about you? I replied that I will come back to do this again and again because I love life. He then told me to F*ck off.
So, the question is, why would this atheist be upset with me when I told him he will get exactly what he assumes? I was trying to make everyone happy ;)

I preached the gospel to seven of God's believers in a three day period from last Thursday to Saturday night. I had only met one of these people in the past who claimed to be an atheist. Four of them admitted they were atheists who didn't believe in a Creator but they loved to hear the Truth that I preached to them. I left them knowing there had to be a Creator who created all those invisible vibrations where all His illusions come from. They all knew that the gospels Christians preach are all false gospels.

They were humouring you, BOG. Either that, or they thought you were dangerous and didn't want to risk setting you off by laughing at you.

You weren't there to see any of God's believers listen to His voice. That means anything you say about it is a lie.

No BOG, your ridiculous assertion that atheists loved to hear the truth in your preaching is a blatant lie. It's a contradiction in terms and absurd at face value. Confess your lie now or God will revoke your sainthood.

The gospel I preach includes all of God's knowledge where quantum mechanics came from. I only talk about quantum mechanics to atheists who don't believe in the false Christian deity named Jesus. They love to hear the true gospel.

More lies. What you know about quantum mechanics would fit on a postage stamp. Your sainthood is slipping away with every lie you tell. Or is your nose growing instead? Lol.

God taught me how we were created long before He had me watch videos about quantum mechanics. He had me watch these videos to see the analogies that physicists use are similar to the one's He used to teach me how He created everything.

It's impossible that my sainthood can slip away because I will always be the voice of the Lord.

You said God made you watch videos about QM to teach you how he created everything. But then in your next post you said.

You wrote: "I know more about how we were created than any scientist that has ever lived. Quantum mechanics doesn't teach anyone how we were created but it has led some men to believe that someone designed everything."

You now say QM cannot teach anyone how we were created. So why did God make you watch videos about QM to teach you how he created everything when QM doesn't teach anyone how we were created.
You don't know what you are talking about. If god taught you how we were created, it would have very little to do with QM. He would have taught you abiogenesis or evolution or biology and not physics.
You lack a formal education. Confusing physics with biology and trying to sprinkle some divine revelation about being taught how humans were created because you are a privileged eunuch heading towards sainthood is a bizarre distortion of reality . You are both mentally inept/incompetent and mentally disturbed. And if you believe the nonsense that comes out of you is what God wants his believers to hear. Then God is playing a cruel trick on you. And this won't be the first time he made a mockery of a liar and a lunatic.